Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Change

Chapter 3

by kaybet 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Published: 2013-12-26 - 1579 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three

Amy and Rory stared in shock at the girl strapped to the table. “But... how...” Rory stammered, unable to form a coherent sentence.

“But, that’s her...” Amy said, seeming to read Rory thoughts and making them make sense.

“Come on!” River whispered loudly and pulled the Ponds along the hallway and away from the observational window to the nearby door. She turned on the sonic and the door unlocked with a satisfying click.

River rushed inside the small hallway and swung opened the door that separated her from the Doctor and the Ponds followed her. River rushed over to the girl and lowered the table until it was parallel with the ground and started undoing the straps.

“Help me!” River quietly begged Rory and Amy, who were looking around the room at the surgical instruments and hospital equipment that laid scattered about, some of them bloody. Rory snapped his head up at his daughter and rushed over to the table and began to help undo the many straps.

As he undid the straps, Rory noticed that there were deep purple bruises and small cuts from where the straps held her in, as if she struggled against them. As River began to take out the numerous IV needles from the Doctor, her eyes fluttered open.

“Hey there.” Rory said quietly as he cupped his hands around the new Doctor’s face and looked into her eyes. Before they closed again, Rory noticed that they were a deep blue, a very similar color to the TARDIS.

“She passed out.” Rory said to River as he let go of the Doctor’s small face. Her face was tiny, especially when he mentally compared it to Amy’s Raggedy Man’s face. She was small overall.

“Let’s get her out here.” River whispered to Rory as soon as she was done removing everything that was attached to the girl. Rory nodded and picked her up, surprised at how much she weighed. She couldn’t have weighed more than ninety pounds at most. She was just so small.

“Right. Amy, let’s go.” Rory said as he adjusted the fragile form in his arms.


“Shhh, there’s a guard right there.” Rory whispered to the girls as they rounded a corner. Rory pushed them back as best as he could with the still form of the Doctor in his arms. She hasn’t moved or even made a sound since they freed her from the metal table. Rory wasn’t even sure she was breathing.

They waited until the guard made his way past and they continued down the labyrinth of darkened hallways, River leading, Rory in the middle with the Doctor and Amy held up the rear. All was quiet, too quiet for anybody’s liking. There ought to be a lot more security around here, Rory thought as he again readjusted the Doctor. Even though she barely weighed anything, he arms were getting sore from the weight he was holding her.


As they passed the door that led into the normal section of the building, an alarm started to sound, an angry screeching that was so loud that Rory dropped to one knee and dipped his head to avoid the pain that rang throughout his ear canal. Painfully, he looked to his side to see his wife. Amy was holding her head with her hands trying to block out the nosie. River doing the same thing, but instead of kneeling she was still somewhat standing and leaning against the wall, slowly sliding down.

But as soon as the alarm started, it stopped. The three looked around and saw the hallway was just as empty as it had been earlier. But through ringing ears they could hear the heavy footsteps of security guards running down the halls towards their location.

“River, Amy, we need to get out of here, now.” Rory said, taking charge of the situation. He shifted the Doctor in his arms long enough to help Amy up. She took his hand gladly and pulled herself up.

“Right,” Amy said as she brushed herself off, still whispering, “let’s go this way.” She pointed to the opposite way as the sound of the guards’ footsteps. Rory nodded to his wife and followed her lead.


The trio ran on, Rory tried to run carefully so he wouldn’t harm the Doctor anymore than she was already injured. But, even as fast as they ran, the guards still caught up with them. As they rounded a corner they ran into five security guards, all with semi-automatics in there hands, pointing right at the Ponds and the Doctor.

“Put the Doctor down.” A large african american from the middle of the group spoke. He had a deep voice, and that scared Rory even more.

“Or what?” Amy asked as she bravely stepped in between the guards and the Doctor.

“Or we will kill you all.” Another guard answered calmly.

“We are not going anywhere.” Rory said, both to Amy and the guards. “Why did you take the Doctor?”

“Why else? He’s an alien and very useful.” Another guard answered with a slight chuckle. Rory felt sick to his stomach when he said that, imagining the things they did to the poor girl in his arms.

“Gents, click off your safeties.” The guard in the middle said and the others complied.

“Oh, no.” Rory whispered as they prepared their weapons to fire.

Without warning, the still form of the Doctor in Rory’s arms sprung to life and she grabbed the sonic screwdriver from River’s hand and pointed at the guards. The green light at the end switched on and the sonic came to life. JUst as the guards began to fire, all their weapons simultaneously misfired and jammed, rendering them useless.

Just as suddenly as the Doctor had awoken and sprung to action, she passed out in Rory’s arms and the screwdriver rolled from her fingers and onto the floor, still on when River bent over to pick it up.

“Let’s go.” River said to the Ponds as she switched the sonic off and the trio ran past the guards, who were frantically trying to fix their weapons.

“After them!” A guard yelled as the River, Rory and Amy rounded a corner and saw the exit at the end of the hall. As the ran, River opened the door with the sonic and they shot out of the door and ran as fast as their legs could carry them to the TARDIS.

The TARDIS opened her doors in advanced as the Ponds reached her. The guards that were following them were shut out when the TARDIS closed her doors in their faces and disappeared in front of their eyes.


“How is she?” River asked as she put the TARDIS into the time vortex. It was humming a quiet lullaby, instead of the loud wheezing and clanking noises that it made when the Doctor was driving. River guessed that the old girl didn’t want to wake her poor, injured thief.

“Pulse is steady...” Rory said as he examined the Doctor, “I think.” He added. “And he breathing’s fine. Are we out of danger?” He asked River as he continued to search the girl for obvious injures.

“Yes, we are.” River said and came over to where Rory and Amy sat next to the Doctor who laid on the floor near the door. “We should take her to the med bay.” River said to Rory and he gently picked the Doctor up.

“Where’s the med bay?” Rory asked.

“No idea, but I bet it’s somewhere close.” River responded and she led them down the warm halls of the TARDIS. “Here it is.” She said a little way in and opened the door. Inside was a large room with a few beds and medical equipment carelessly scattered about.

“What do we do?” Rory asked as he set the Doctor down as gently as he could manage on to the first bed in the room. River pulled over a monitor that was attached to the ceiling to Rory’s view and started pressing buttons. None of it was in English until River pressed something and it beeped and convert to English so that Rory could read it.

“Scanning her right now.” River mumbled as she continued to press buttons. The Doctor’s form showed up on screen and Rory could see that she was mostly fine, just a few bruises and cuts. Nothing broken and no internal damage.

“I think’s she’s out of danger...” Rory said to River and Amy as he looked at the screen for less obvious damage. “But we should probably start a drip, she looks malnourished and a bit dehydrated.” Rory said as the nurse instincts inside woke up and he looked for the proper bag.

“Mum, I think you should go lie down.” River said to Amy as soon as Rory started to search the great expansive med bay. Amy looked up at her and River saw how uneasy and pale she was.

“Yeah, that’s probably a good idea.” Amy admitted and left the med bay. She felt ill about the whole situation. First, her Raggedy Man was dead, he was killed and there was nothing she was able to do about it, and secondly, that her Doctor, her Doctor was gone and has turned into... that... monster.
Sign up to rate and review this story