Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 11 Three's A Crowd

by Reign_Madden 0 reviews

Joel makes his way over to Reign's to find out the rest of the story, but Benji beats him to it.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-08 - Updated: 2006-08-08 - 1212 words

0Unrated
Benji's p.o.v

I left Billy and Paul at the cafeteria just as the bell rang for our next lessons.
I don't know why but I had the sudden urge to see Reign. I know she only missed a few lessons, but I felt something was wrong. Not only that but Joel was acting really edgy earlier. I know I had to meet Joel after school, but if I go now I'd make it back in time to meet him and he'd never even know I was gone.
I hid in the boys' bathroom, waiting for the halls to clear. I grab my stuff from my locker and make my way out of school and over to Reign's.

Joel's p.o.v

As I turn the corner and make my way to Reign's house, I spot Benji coming from the opposite direction. He waves to me and we jog towards each other meeting in front of the house.
'What are you doing here?' I ask a little annoyed. I really needed to talk to Reign and I doubt she'd talk in front of him.
'I could ask you the same thing little brother' he retorts searching my eyes for an answer.
'I came over to see Reign.' I reply shrugging my shoulders.
'Hey me too, after you said she missed her classes I got a little worried' he says.
'Well I'm here now so you can go back to school or whatever,' I says walking passed him.
'Hold up a sec, what's the hurry?' He asks casually. I knew he could tell that I was anxious but he'd keep holding me back till I told him what I was really doing here.
'There's no hurry.' I reply not looking at him. 'I just want to see if she's okay.'
I walk around to the side of the house where Reign's window is located. Her window was open which meant she was home.
'Well then' Benji says following me 'if that's the only reason then you won't mind if I come along.'
He starts to climb up the vine covered trellis to Reign's window. I don't know what possessed me to do it but I grab him by his belt and pull him down. He hits the grass landing on his butt and I climb the trellis as fast as I can all the while listening to Benji cursing below me. I climb through Reign's window and startle her as I land on her wooden floor.

Normal p.o.v

You're lying on your bed still wondering if you made the right decision by giving Joel the diary. Just as you process that thought Joel practically jumps through your window.
'Joel what the hell?' you say getting off your bed.
'I read the diary okay' he says taking it out of his bag. 'I have to know, did you really...'But he was cut off. Benji jumps through the window running straight at him.
'What the hell is wrong with you huh, Joel?' he demands getting Joel in a headlock.
'Oh hey London' he said spotting you.
You awkwardly wave back. What was he doing here? He can't possibly know what what's going on could he?
OMG what if Joel told him, what if he told them all? Your heart starts to pound hard against your chest.
You watch as Joel struggles out of Benji's grip.
'Why did you pull me like that?' Benji asks Joel with a hurt look on his face. 'If I didn't have such a firm ass I could have really hurt myself.'
By now everything is moving in slow motion. You're in your own world, you know what's going to happen next, Joel going to tell you exactly what he thinks of you. You won't even get a chance to explain it to him, no time to tell him the whole story, he'll walk out and that's the last you'll ever see of him. Even if Benji doesn't know he's about to find out. With the last thought you run to the bathroom. You feel the bile rise up in your throat and just make it to the bathroom as a river of vomits floods out of your mouth. You bend over the sink vomiting as someone pulls your hair back with one hand and rub your back with the other.
'Hey Joel get some water, she's being sick dude.' Benji shouts to Joel.
You wait for a few seconds making sure that you completely finished vomiting before turning to face Benji who had let go of your hair and was handing you a towel.
You rinse your mouth out and Benji guides you back to your room. You sit on the bed and he crouches in front of you. You look at him really for the first time. His big brown eyes full of concern, his cute nose and the way his sexy lips are turned down slightly. A fresh wave of sadness floods through you as you realise that he too is about to find out the truth.
Joel walks in and hands you a glass of ice cold water. you take a couple of sips and inhale deeply.
Benji was the first to speak. 'I don't know exactly what's going on, but someone better start talking.' He saysgetting up and pulling out the desk chair.
You look at Joel and then at Benji and open you mouth to say something but nothing comes out.
'Look Benj nothing's going on, Reign's just having a bad week.' Joel says. You're not sure whom he was trying to convince.
'Don't bullshit me Joel, Reign's in the bathroom puking her guts out and you, you've been acting fucked up all day. Now you said earlier that you weren't banging her, so she can't be pregnant, so It's obviously something else and I not leaving till I find out what it is.' He states leaning back in the chair and crossing his arms.
The silence if deafening. You look over at Joel sitting on the window ledge looking down.
'You tell him.' You say breaking the silence. 'But this stays between the three of us, no one else can know, not even Billy and Paul.' You finish. You're not sure why you told them to keep it a secret, it's not like there going to talk to you after anyway.

You sit quietly, staring at the floor as Joel fills Benji in on your life. Benji doesn't say a word the whole time. You're too scared to look up you don't want to look at either of them. Hearing the story from someone else's mouth makes it seem unreal like it could be a story you made up to amuse people. You wish that was the case but you have the scars and nightmares to prove it happened.
'And that's all I know so far that's the real reason why I came here, to find out the rest.' Joel finishs.
You finally look up and they're both staring at you. You can't read their expressions or tell what they're thinking but on second thought your not sure if you want to.
'I know what my diary entry says. But I'll tell you what it doesn't say....' you begin quietly.
Sign up to rate and review this story