Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Venus Butterfly

Support

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The final piece to the puzzle is revealed and Tsuzuki and Anna have a moment afterwards.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2014-01-16 - 767 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Fifty: Support:

"Support system," Watari whispered. Tsuzuki gave him a strange look.

"What?" he asked. The scientist gave him a tiny smile.

"Why do you think the previous two tsukai of the Mother got absorbed into her?" he asked. Tsuzuki shook his head puzzled.

"I don't know?" he asked.

"Simple," his friend said. "They didn't have you." He placed the necklace in Tsuzuki's hand. "These women need a stable partner," Watari explained. "Sen didn't notice that his wife's soul disappeared into the Mother once she healed for good."

"And the other woman?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Too warped up in the Mother to care about his own wife," the scientist answered. "But you, you really want Anna back, don't you?" His friend nodded eagerly.

"With that charm," Watari said. "You can convince Anna-tan to come home." His face turned serious. "You have ten minutes to bring her back once the necklace goes on," he explained. "The Mother can't touch you in that time period. However, you'll have to persuade Anna-tan's soul to come back."

"Why is that?" Tsuzuki asked.

"The soul is in a docile state before they are absorbed into the Mother," Watari answered. "Anna-tan might not recognize you or notice anything wrong. Tell her the truth and get her back before you run out of time." He put his arm around Tsuzuki's shoulders. "Good luck, buddy," he said. Tsuzuki gave him a confused look.

"I don't get it," he said.

"Get what?" the scientist asked.

"Why are you telling me this?" his friend asked. "Weren't you ordered not to?"

"You're right," Watari said. "I'm not supposed to tell you. However, I can't lose a valuable test subject, can I?" He winked after saying that.

July 31st, 2010.

8:45 a.m.

Tsuzuki and Anna sat in the bathtub facing each other. The husband gave her a little smile.

"How are you?" he asked.

"I'm good," Anna answered.

"Are you sure?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Yes," she insisted.

"Okay, okay," he said. "Is she still there?" Anna let the warmth of the water rest on her skin.

"Oh yes," she said, "And she's really mad at you."

"I can see why," Tsuzuki replied. He bit on his lower lip. Anna gave him a sympathetic look.

"Hey, but I'm not," she said. "You did what you had to do." Her husband perked up.

"Thanks," he said. Anna gave him a sweet little smile.

"Were you aware of the things that she was doing with your body?" Tsuzuki asked. Anna's face went rather grim.

"I wish I could say I didn't," she answered. The woman pressed her lips together. "It was like the brakes had been cut on a speeding car heading for a brick wall, you know?" she added.

"Ah," he said. Both knew this wasn't over.

"What happens now?" Anna asked. Tsuzuki shrugged his shoulders.

"Keep monitoring you, I guess," he said.

"And if she tries to take over again?" she asked.

"She won't," her husband insisted.

"But what if…" Anna began.

"She won't take over again," he insisted again. She opened her mouth to speak, but he cut her off.

"She won't," Tsuzuki repeated. Anna drew her mouth closed.

"Okay," she said.

"Thank you," her husband answered. Anna rolled her shoulders in the water.

"Thanks for fixing my necklace," she said. Tsuzuki gave her a kind smile.

"Watari had someone fix it," he answered. His wife gave him a puzzled look.

"Watari did?" Anna asked.

"Yeah," the shinigami answered. The gentle heat of the water in the tub bought another question into his mind. "Anna-chan," he spoke up. His wife glanced over at him.

"Yes," she asked. Tsuzuki shifted a bit in place.

"What was it like in that place?" he asked.

'That place?" Anna asked. It took a second for her to understand. "Oh, that place," she said.

"Yes," Tsuzuki said. Anna thought as if to make herself remember.

"Quiet," she answered. "It was quiet. I saw nothing there. It was just… empty." Anna trembled as she spoke. "She kept singing to me," she said. Tsuzuki blinked at her confused.

"Sang to you?" he asked.

"Almost like a lullaby pulling me away deeper within myself," Anna added. Her expression changed into a happy one.

"I'm home now," she said with a smile.

"What about your mother?" Tsuzuki asked. "What are you going to do about her?" His wife shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know," she admitted. "I really don't know." Tsuzuki smiled and chuckled.

"I'm glad to have only you in my bathtub," he said. Anna leaned back at her end.

"So am I," she replied. "So am I."

Owari
Sign up to rate and review this story