Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Secret Santa for Chemical_30

by MCR_Vampire_321 1 review

I've finally finished it! I'm so sorry it took so long!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2014-02-16 - 1385 words

0Unrated
[A/N] – Hi! Sorry this is so late, I just haven’t had the time recently... I couldn’t find the email you sent me but you wanted to be with Mikey didn’t you? Sorry it took so long!!



“What are you doing for Christmas then?” Frank asked “My parents are taking me down to stay with our Grandparents for the entire weekend. I love them but it’s going to be so boring.”

“We’re staying at home.” Gerard told him “Another traditional Christmas with our Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles coming to ours again because our house is the biggest. We’ll probably have another Christmas party on Christmas Eve. Do you guys wanna come?”

“I wish!” Frank moaned theatrically.

Dani laughed “Yeah, sounds like fun. I’ll be there.”

“Me too.” Ray said “What are your plans for Christmas then Dani?”

Dani shrugged her shoulders “It’ll probably be really quiet since it’s just me and Mum. The rest of our family lives too far away to come down and see us and we can’t afford to go and see them. We’ll probably just watch a lot of TV, maybe go for a walk.”

“Well that sounds fun.” Frank said sarcastically.

Dani stuck her tongue out at him “Every family has different ways of celebrating.” She reminded him “What about you Ray?”

“We’re going over to my brother’s house. Him and his wife just had a baby, she’s really cute. I can’t wait to see her again.” Ray smiled “What time should we be at yours for the Christmas party?”

“About seven should be good.” Mikey said “Mom said everyone has to wear a Christmas jumper. No exceptions.”

“I don’t even own a Christmas jumper.” Dani sighed heavily “Guess I’ll have to buy one before your party then. Wouldn’t want to disappoint your Mum.”



On Saturday Dani went up town with Mikey to try and find a Christmas jumper “I can’t have one that’s scratchy or too expensive. I don’t want to spend more than ten pounds.”

“I think you’re going to have a hard time finding something.” Mikey laughed “Don’t worry, we’ll keep looking though. We should definitely try ASDA first; they always have pretty cheap stuff there.”

“I want it to be cheap but not cheap looking.” Dani complained.

“You’re gonna wear it for one day.” Mikey reminded her “It’s not like it needs to be perfect if you’ll never wear it again.”

“You never know what opportunities will show up in the future where I’ll need to wear this Christmas jumper again.” Dani smiled “Come on; let’s take a look at them then.”

They went into ASDA together and started flicking through the jumpers “What about this one?” Mikey asked, pulling out a black one with a large Christmas pudding on it.

“Meh, it’s cute.” Dani shrugged “But it’s not perfect. I want something more Santa themed.”

“Okay, like this one?” Mikey pulled out a red one with a Christmas hat on it.

Dani squealed “Yes, I want it! How much is it?”

Mikey bit his lip “Twelve pounds...”

“I can’t really spend-”

“Okay, look if you spend seven pounds on it I’ll give you the other five.” Dani opened her mouth to protest “No, it’ll be part of your Christmas present. I won’t let you walk away without this jumper.”

Dani smiled “Thank you so much. You’re a great friend.” They walked to the till together “Look, are you sure? With five pounds you could buy like... A train ticket.”

Mikey laughed “Don’t worry about it, I told you, it’s part of your Christmas present.” He took a five pound note out of his pocket and handed it to her “Here you go.”

“Thanks.” Dani said again, handing the jumper to the cashier and paying “I have a feeling we’re gonna have a good Christmas.”

“Me too.”




Dani knocked at Gerard and Mikey’s front door at quarter past seven – not too early and not too late, just the way she liked it. Mikey was the one to answer the door “Hi! Love the Christmas jumper.”

Dani laughed “Yours is great too.” She teased, looking at his green jumper with a Christmas tree on it.

He raised his eye-brows “If you think mine is bad then just wait until you see Gerard’s.”

“Let’s see then.” Dani grinned “Where is he?”

“In the living room, drinking way too much alcohol. Mum’s gonna be so mad but Gee keeps saying he’s just trying to enjoy himself. It’s so annoying.”

“I can imagine.” Dani sympathised “Let’s go and see.”

The two of them went into the living room and they found Gerard wearing a red jumper with three green elves on it. Dani laughed then jumped when Gerard drunkenly wrapped his arms around her “You’re so pretty.” He whispered “No wonder Mikey has a massive crush on you. I can’t believe you didn’t notice.”

Dani laughed nervously. She didn’t really like it when people were drunk “Could you get off me please?” She asked as politely as she could manage.

“Oh come on, it’s Christmas! Lighten up Dani!”

Mikey noticed how nervous Gerard was making Dani and he unwrapped Gerard’s arms “Maybe we should go up to my room for a bit.” Mikey suggested quickly and Dani nodded before following him gratefully up the stairs.

Dani flopped down onto Mikey’s bed “I’m sorry about that.” She said, tucking her hair behind her ears “I just... I don’t really...”

Mikey sat down next to me “Tell me about it.”

Dani took a deep breath “You know I moved here about a year ago?” Mikey nodded “My Mum had just split up with my Dad. He was an asshole. He came home drunk nearly every night. And he was... So violent. Me and Mum were at the hospital about three times a month, mostly for her but sometimes for me. It was awful. I’m so glad we’ve moved away from him but now we’re away from the rest of our family and we’re broke pretty much all the time. She’s trying to get another job but she’s timid now, just like I am. It’s really difficult. Even though he’s gone, I keep feeling like he’s going to come back and ruin everything that we’ve got now.”

Mikey put his arms around her “Don’t worry. He won’t find you down here. You and your Mum will get past this, I promise.”

Dani didn’t say anything; she just wrapped her arms around him and let him comfort her for a while. Then she suddenly laughed “What?” Mikey asked.

“Gerard told me you had a crush on me. I’ve only just realised.” Dani suddenly couldn’t stop laughing “Is it true? Do you have a crush on me?”

Mikey blushed bright red “Uhh yeah well I guess so. Why is it so funny? Are you laughing at me?”

“Of course not. I just find it a bit weird that anyone could have a secret crush on me.” Dani smiled and sat up “Why didn’t you say anything?”

“In case you laughed.”

“Oh, sorry.” Dani said but she couldn’t help giggling again “Sorry. You should’ve said something though. I’ve had a crush on you for the longest time!”

“Really?” Mikey asked hopefully. Dani nodded “Well now I feel stupid. Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I don’t know. I figured who could like the freaky girl with only one parent?”

“Hey, you’re not a freak.” Mikey put his hand on her cheek “You’re amazing.” He leaned in and kissed her. When he pulled away Dani was blushing “You look cute when you blush.”

She hit him playfully on the shoulder “Oh shut up.”



[A/N] – I am so sorry that this took so long and that it’s painfully bad! I will make sure that if you chose to take part this year I’ll give you a trustworthy writer! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story