Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

This Ain't a Scene, it's an Arms Race

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Pete tries to reason with Rose on why moving to Chicago will be a good idea.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-02-18 - 519 words - Complete

0Unrated
This Ain't a Scene, it's an Arms Race:

-Pete-

I want to give Rose and the baby. I know that the plane tickets were much, but she can't stay in Miami anymore. This isn't where she belongs. I need to talk to her to help her understand this. I waited for her on the back porch. She's not the only one trying to deal with this. Keisha took the news rather hard.

"You got my niece pregnant?!?" she screamed.

"I'm so sorry," I tried to tell her. "I'm trying to make it up to her now."

"You darn straight you will!" Rosy's aunt yelled. Davis sat in the background silent. This situation keeps getting worse than I thought it would. Still, I had to try and keep things under control before the mess grew worse. I looked up when I heard the door open behind me.

"You wanted to see me?" Rose asked from the doorway. I gave her a little smile.

"Yeah," I said. "Come over here." She walked over and leaned on the rail next to me. I glanced over at her.

"Well?" I asked. Rosy sighed and looked up at the sky.

"I lost my job yesterday," she said. "Duncan talked Katherine into firing me." I gave her an odd look.

"Why would he do that?" I asked. Rose shook her head.

"I assume he wants to go with you too," she said with a sigh.

"So, what's the problem?" I asked.

"It's all too sudden," she complained. "I can't be risked off without any plans. Where will we live? I'll need to get a new job. I don't even know anyone in Chicago." I held up my hand to stop her.

"It's okay," I told her. "I have everything covered."

"But..." she began to say.

"I have everything covered," I pressed. My girlfriend drew her mouth closed.

"Thank you," I said. Rosy lowered her head.

"I'm still not ready to go yet," she mumbled.

"Well, how long do you have at work?" I asked.

"Six more days," she said. I took a second to count up what that would equal.

"We would leave by Saturday," I pointed out.

"But I don't want to leave yet," Rose repeated. I rubbed on her back gently. She looked up at me with big eyes. "Petey..." she murmured. I pressed my forehead against hers.

"It's going to be okay," I repeated. "I won't you or the baby down. Trust me on this." Rose looked at me with those big brown eyes of hers.

"You promise?" she asked. I nodded at her slowly. She gave me a little pout as she lowered her eyes to the wood below.

"I will leave it to you," she said in a whisper. "But I'm not ready to leave my home yet." I gave her a calm smile.

"You have six more days," I pointed out. Rose pressed her lips together and nodded.

"Yep," she said. "I do, six more days."

-Today-

I only hope that I am doing what's best for them both in this move.

At Night, We're Painting Your Trash Gold
Sign up to rate and review this story