Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Shells & Secrets

Fourth chapter.

by NotKissingYouGoodBye 1 review

it sounds like a plan.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2014-03-12 - Updated: 2014-03-14 - 3444 words

1Ambiance
(A/N it's been a while but i'm still around, busy life doing nothing and never really on my own but I'm finding time. Enjoy and plz comment. .xoxo.)

Mikey stood in the door way hugging his arms as he watched his father and brother scream at each other from different ends of the room, the sofa symbolizing no man’s land between their domestic war of verbal gunshots and body gesture grenades. The same sentences repeated over and over like they were rehearsing an argument in a play. ‘Gerard just talk to me’, ‘you’re not fucking listening to me dad!’ Mikey has heard it countless of nights all before. It made him feel useless just standing on the side lines of this vocal tennis match. This evening Gerard and their father have done about three loops of the same argument with no difference made. No change, no understanding, no development, nothing but increased volume.

“You’re been childish Gerard! You’re seventeen for crying out loud, Grow up. Learn to deal with change!” Don snapped as the tension thickened in the already uncomfortable air. Mikey flinched at his father’s words knowing this would only push Gee’s buttons.

“How could you say that? This isn’t just I miner change, we’re on the other side of the fucking world!” Gerard snaps back just as frustrated, throwing his hands around in the air like he was trying to get his father to notice him because he felt he was not been heard.

“This is a fresh start!” Don exclaimed gritting his teeth, wondering why Gerard doesn’t understand his point of view, while Gerard wondered why his father was been so blind to the real issue of leaving NJ.

“This is a chance to forget the past and move on with our lives” Don pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes, the jetlag was getting to him and the last thing he wanted to do was fight with his son for the second time today. Mikey relaxed a bit but still watched with worried eyes as Gerard lower his arms and take a breath. Gerard tried to think of a time when he wasn’t arguing with his father, back when everything was easy and simple.

The tension in the room cooled off a bit but was still very much present. It was suffocating with words unsaid that needed to be spoken and reviled but sadly for now they remain unseen and hidden behind unmoving tongues as they boiled and waited to overflow and flood the room with painful truths that need to be talked about if this family was to become strong again. Mikey hoped that things would get better but he knew he was watching what was left of his family fall apart slowly and painfully.


“Why don’t you understand? NJ is home, it’s we’re me and Mikey belong. Not here.” Gerard stated calmly placing a hand over his heart as he said the word ‘home’. Mikey Looked down as he thought of the old saying ‘Home is where the heart is’ Gerard has left part of his heart in NJ, at home. The elder of the brothers took a step closer to the back of the lounge, leaning on it as he waited for his father’s reply. Mikey also watched waiting for an answer.

“Just go to your room, we’ll talk about your behaviour later, right now I’m just too tied to keep fighting with you.” Don whispered brokenly. Mikey wanted to scream, Gerard was calming down and now was the best time to actually talk to each other rather than screeching at each other like a couple of banshees. But instead of speaking out he just looked on hopelessly watching his brother.

“I can’t.” Gee stated sternly.

“WHY NOT!” Don snapped.

“Coz I don’t FUCKING know where it is!” Gee bites back slightly arrogant.

“Gerard stop been a smart ass!” their father barked.

“your rooms the second on the left down the hall honey, Mikey why don’t you show him please.” Kim’s sweet voice filled the room as she came back from talking to John. Gerard Grunted as he stormed out of the room, Mikey was quick to follow.

Gerard swung open his door and flung it shut with force hoping to piss his father off just that little bit more and if it annoyed Kim then that was a bonus. He threw his body onto the ready-made single bed by the window. Gerard grabbed the closest pillow and bit down hard on it nearly tearing the fabric with his tiny teeth. Only a soft tap on his door followed by the timid call of his brother brought Gee down from his blind raged before he broke his jaw.

Gee jumped up from the bed and strode over to open the door for his younger sibling before going back to the comforts of his mattress. Mikey softly padded into the room and closed the door gently. He sat on the end of Gee’s new bed looking concerned. Mikey hated the feeling that was eating him inside out as he wreaked his brain for something to say, in the end he settled on something simple.

“You okay Gee?” he asked quietly then realizing it was a stupid question and cringed a little. He knew his brother was struggling with things, obviously he’s not going to be okay. Gee sighed as he sat up, breathing in a new breath of air.

“I’m just tired.” He rested his head onto his little brother’s shoulder. Sensing Mikey’s discomfort Gerard pulled out one of his old tricks to make Mikey smile. Gerard wrapped his arms around his younger brother and tickled his sides. Instantly giggles erupted from the younger as he squirmed and fidgeted to escape his brother’s ticklish hands. The two played around for a while rolling around on the bed before Gee slipped off the edge and landed on the timber floors with a thud and Mikey stacked on top with his revenge attack. During the rough housing Gerard’s sleeves had shifted and moved to revile inked numbers marking his skin. Gee sat up straight, with his back against the bed and stapled a smile on his face as he turned to an out of breath Mikey.

“Hey how bout we go to a party?” Gerard chirped up remembering the invite Frank had given him in the café earlier today.

“What? When?” Mikey asked slightly confused with his head tilted to the side. The question just popped up out of the blue.

“Tonight!” Gerard jumped up off the floor excited and walked across the room to a suitcase looking for clean clothes to wear. Mikey watched Gee shuffled through unfolded band shirts and jeans, items overflowing and landing on the floor.
“What?” Mikey repeated as he watched one of his brother’s adult magazines fall to the ground. Gee blushed slightly as he quickly picked it up and focused on convincing his brother to come out with him tonight.

“it’ll be fun and a chance to avoid dad.” Gerard commented as he finished picking out an outfit. Gerard turned to his broth waiting for an answer.

“But Gee you don’t like parties.” Mikey stated bluntly.

“Oh, I met a couple of people while I was out.” Gerard mentioned noticing the confusion in his brother’s voice. Gerard tuned back to his suit case as he shoved stray clothes back in.

“Chris and Frank seemed like pretty cool people.” With his back to Mikey he smiled to himself thinking about the bright eyed boy Frank.

“Okay…” Mikey, seated on the bed, still seemed confused. Gerard never really liked social gathering especially with new people. Maybe he’s getting sick. Gerard turned around with clean clothes in hand.

“Look these guys just seemed really nice and we could do with some friends over here. So you wanna come or not?” Gee smiled hoping his little brother would accompany him. Mikey just looked at his older brother for a moment thinking the offer over.

“um Gee I don’t know. I don’t think dad’s even going to let you out.”

“screw dad!” Gee raised his tone obviously still ticked off.

“I don’t care about dad Mikey. You in or are you out?” Gerard waited for Mikey to answer nearly holding his breath.

“In.” Geared smiled wide at his brother’s answer.

“sweet I’m gonna have a shower and I’ll send Frank a text.”

“Who’s Frank?” Mikey asked standing up.

“You’ll meet him tonight. Hey can you get my phone and wallet out of the car for me please?” Gee asked as he grabbed a pen and paper from a desk covered in unpacked boxes.

“Sure Gee” Mikey left the room to retrieve his brothers belongings without a fuss. Gerard Smile at his younger sibling then pulled up his sleeve and wrote the numbers down, so he didn’t have to worry about washing it off. Gee then wounded out of his room and down the hall way gingerly, trying to avoid running to anyone, the last thing he wanted was another screaming match with his dad. He found the bathroom and glanced around for a towel. Nothing. He sighed to himself then stiffened as he heard footsteps coming up the hall behind him.

“Here you go. You want a towel gee?” Mikey smiled innocently as he handed over the mobile and leather wallet then turned around to open a cupboard door on the other side of the hall, revealing plenty of towels, blankets and even a few pillows. Gee relaxed and smirked at Mikey as he thanked him for the help. They parted ways as Mikey got ready and Gee had a shower.



Gerard finished drying his hair and thrown the damp towel on the floor of his room. Gee grabbed his phone and created a new contact for Franks number. He decided to put him in as ‘Bright Eyes’, hey it’s his phone and he can name anyone whatever he wants, he often had random nickname in his mobile like ‘Mikey Mouse’ and ‘Princess Fro Fro’. After he saved the number he texted Frank as he laid down on his bed facing the ceiling.

From\Gee
*Hey its gerard. U said text u : )

Gee read over the massage about five times deciding whether or not to add the smiley face. It took a while just to figure out what to say in the first place. Gerard felt nerves as he waited for a reply from bright eyes. It wasn’t long before his phone vibrated in his hand and Gee nearly screamed with delight.

From\Bright Eyes
*hey Ive been waitin for ur text man. So u comin out 2night?

Gerard smiled like a teenage girl talking to her crush as he texted back.

From\Gee
*Yeah! my bro is coming 2

From\Bright Eyes
*sweet as man if he is anything like u we should all get along well. So u need a lift?

From\Gee
*plz if thats cool by u

From\Bright Eyes
*d’ah I wouldnt offer if it wasnt cool. Send us the address and we’ll swing by in 10mins. Sounds like a plan?

From\Gee
*Sounds like a plan X)

Gerard sat up in his bed as he texted the address, which he now knew. He hit send and went to tell Mikey to be ready. Gee noticed the fuzzy feeling in his stomach as he realized he was growing nerves, and maybe just a little bit guilty.

You see when Gerard was in the shower he had just finished washing his hair when he started thinking of his ex-girlfriend, LynZ. He and Lynz had been dating for about a year or two before the move and seemed perfect for each other, they loved horrors and bands and would often go out on dates to seen them. They both enjoyed art and comic books. But they both agreed that long distance isn’t the way to have a real relationship so they both broke it off together. It hurt but they understood the reasons why it had to end. Gerard thought about their last night together and how beautiful she looked. How smooth her skin was as he run his hand down her leg and he could even feel the ghost of her lips kissing his neck.

Gerard reached down as he started to rub himself while the images of lynz flashed behind his closed eyes. How she looked naked on his bed back in NJ after they first had sex together, that felt like a magical night to Gee. He remembered how her mouth tasted and the arousal she created coved his body in an electric sensation. He was growing close to his climax when out of nowhere his brain started throwing images of the bright eyed boy at him, Frank. Gerard snapped open his eyes in shock not knowing where they had come from.

It was confusing but Gee was too far gone in the feeling to just stop so he kept going trying to focus on lynz but his imagination took a step in and started creating these strange fantasy’s. Gee was on the ground after been hit in the head with the surf board and Frank was hovering over him but this time it was only the two boys and no one was around. Frank leaned down and softly kissed the corner of Gerard’s mouth. Shivers run up Gee’s spine as the cool water ran down and he let his mind take full control.

Suddenly in his mind the boys were on the sand at night with stars smiling down, the sound of waves crashing filled the background, as Frank straddled Gee’s hips and moved slowly against him. Gerard let out a soft moan as he moved his hand faster in the shower. Frank ripped off his own shirt and started to undo his belt in a strip tease kind of way and Gerard was loving it. It wasn’t long before Gee was coming to the image of frank naked and on all fours. Out of breath and a little surprised Gerard cleaned up and jumped out of the shower shaking his head at himself and he swore he’d never tell anyone on what he just did, it’d be his secret to the grave.


The sun was almost set and the sky was darkening as the two brothers waited in Gee’s room for any sign of Frank. Kim and Don were in the lounge room laughing loudly at whatever they were watching on the TV. There was no way out the front door without been seen by them so they had to find a new way out. Gerard’s room was at the front of the house overlooking the front lawn. Gee decided the plan was to just jump out the window. It wasn’t high off the ground and the fly screen was already off. If the boys were lucky Don and Kim wouldn’t even notice they were gone. Gee texted frank and told him not the park in the drive way and Mikey had already gone out to say good night in his PJs and told them that Gee was in bed too. Mikey striped off his PJs as he walking back into his brother’s room, days clothes ready underneath.

A small red car parked on the other side of the road out the front of the house. Gee thought it couldn’t be Frank because the car looked full but then his phone started ringing in his pocket. As he took it out to answer one of the passengers got out of the car, phone to ear. Gerard answered the call as he realized that the passenger was Frank.

“Hey Vampire boy! You ready, we’re out the front. Small red car.” Franks voice chimed in Gee’s ear.

“Shit that’s you? How many people are in that car?” Gee smiled as he open his window to let Mikey jump out.

“nine including you two.” Gerard could see Frank’s cheeky grin as he hang up the phone and followed his younger brother out the window. He stumbled at the landing but sighed with relief when he didn’t face plant the dirt. He slid the window closed behind him and made his way across the road hastily in case his Father looked out the window. The brothers got to the car and sighed with relief as they thought the plan went off without a hitch. Frank smiled wide and wrapped his arms around Gerard as a greeting and even hugged Mikey.

“So glad you guys can come. It’s gonna be one hell of a night.” Frank beamed from ear to ear, his eyes shining brightly. Gee smiled back and looked into the car to see four people talking amongst themselves. In the driver’s seat was Chris, he looked up and smiled at the pale teen then carried on with the conversation.

“Wait I thought you said there was going to nine people in the car?” Gerard was confused, maybe Frank couldn’t count. Frank just chuckled with mischief.

“There are two in the boot” He smiled as two ‘thud’s came from the back of the car. Mikey raised his eyebrows in a surprised expression then turned to his brother as if to say ‘what have you gotten me into?’

“It’ okay Mikey don’t look so worried.” Gee smiled and patted his brother on the back.

“Hope you don’t mind but it’s gonna be a tight squeeze.” Frank smirked as he open the back door of the car. A unison of ‘hi’s and ‘hello’s echoed through the small car as everyone greeted them. The brothers waved back as they all tried to figure out who was sitting where. There was a lot of shuffling and giggles as at least every one apart from Chris changed seats. Currently the seating arrangement was Mikey was in the front seat, Chris in the driver’s seat, and in the back was a guy name Shim in the middle, a chick called Emma sitting on Marks lap by the far window. All was left was Frank and Gerard.

“So why aren’t we allowed to park in the drive way?” Frank asked while everyone was shuffling about. Mikey turned around in the front seat.

“Dad wouldn’t let us go out because Gee’s in trouble.” He told the two outside the car.

“Ohhh we have a rebel on our hands here boys!” Emma chimed in. Frank laughed along with everyone else as room was been made in the car.

“Hey do you maybe want your brother to sit in your lap if it too awkward for you to have me there?” Frank asked wondering why he didn’t think of that before. Gerard was about to say ‘yeah sure’ thinking Frank might be the one feeling awkward when his name suddenly echoed across the darkening sky.

“Fuck!” was Mikey’s only comment as Gee didn’t even turn around to see his father storming out of the house and across the road fuming but jumped faster than lightning into the car and pulled Frank swiftly into his lap. Frank looked a little studded at how quickly the pale teen moved.

“Drive Chris Drive!” Gerard ushered and the car sped down the road leaving an angry Mr. Way in the distance wearing PJs and yelling into the night.

“Oh shit.” Mikey whispered to himself as Gee started cracking up laughing. The giggles became contagious as the whole car including even Mikey broke out in to hysterics. They slowly calmed down as Chris cranked up the volume and music filled the car. Conversations about subject the Ways had no clue about started. Mikey was content just listening in while Gerard was trying to figure out where to place his hands with Frank in his lap. His tight jeans felt like there was nothing there.

Chris took a sharp corner and everyone was bunched up on Gerard’s side. Frank would have been thrown into the window if Gee hadn’t caught him and wrapped his arms around Frank like a human seatbelt. Frank Smiled down at Gerard as everyone move back over. Oh this is gonna be a fun ride, Gee thought to himself amusingly.
Sign up to rate and review this story