Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

I Don't Want to Be in Love

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tired of the headache and heartache she has experienced year after year, Mandy wants to change.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2014-03-16 - 600 words - Complete

0Unrated
I Don't Want to be in Love:

-Mandy-

I am so tired of love. I should just give up altogether and forget about it. My last boyfriend dumped me for some high-class tramp. Today, I got an invitation to his wedding. I wanted to scream when I saw that paper.

That bastard! This isn't the only thing, however. The stupid invitation wants me to bring a date. I about laughed at that line. Me bring a date to a wedding? That jerk just loves to make me miserable. Why would he even send me something like this? I could just hear him laughing as he put my name on the envelope. Why can't irony stop beating me up?

My problem didn't stop there either. Seconds later, as if on cue, my phone buzzes with a notification. I reached into my purse and checked the screen. My heart sank at who it was from. I shook my head as I sank to my knees.

Oh, Ryan. You picked the wrong time to text me. I have been saving his messages because I don't have the heart to delete them. I can't bring myself to write what he wrote today. Each word tears at my heart and I end up sobbing when I read his texts. I'm tired of crying, but I move his text to my saved box without taking the time to read. My "Ryan" folder is almost out of space because I feel so pathetic and can't do anything brave enough to change things. That boy doesn't seem to know how to give up either. Yesterday, he left me a voice message.

"Hey Mandy," he said. "I just wanted to call and say hi and how are you. I would like to hear from you sometime. Bye." I play that message back in my head every time I feel like crying. I don't understand why he's so interested in me. Ryan could have any girl he wants, but he trying to talk to me. I don't know what I have that he wants and I'm not sure if it will work out between us.

The others would probably laugh at me if I tell them. Vanessa would be the worst, now that I think about it. I lied down on my living room floor. Work's going to be weird now that Rose is going away to Chicago. Funny thing is that I felt so jealous of her. She was exactly who I used to be. Before I met that jerk, I was so happy. I used to have friends and a care-free style. He took it all and ruined it. I didn't think I would even get it all back.

Lately, Ryan seems to be trying to show me otherwise. I don't want to use fear as an excuse, but it's the truth. Suddenly, I froze and gritted my teeth. You know something? I'm tired of this stupid cycle. Rose is leaving in three days and that jerk is getting married. I really need to move on now. I'm tired of feeling sad and sorry for myself. Even if we don't end up dating, Ryan and I can at least be friends. I sat up with a determined look on my face. Yeah, the next time he calls, I'll pick up and answer it!

Once again, as if on cue, my phone began to ring. I frowned to myself. That man has a weird sense of timing, doesn't he? I picked up my phone and pressed the button to answer it.

"Hello?" I asked.

Thought I'd Loose My Balance
Sign up to rate and review this story