Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Anaconda Vol. 6

Mars + Venus VII

by Noizchild

Edward comes back to Derdra with a message of doom and gives her a way to be protected from the "End of Days." Song Recommended: "Mysterious Ways" by U2

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Edward Elric - Published: 2014-03-29 - Updated: 2014-03-29 - 906 words - Complete

?Blocked
XXXI: Warped Cupid

Mars + Venus VII:

Simone's Notes:

A hickey, kiss mark, love bite, or bug bite is a bruise or bruise like mark caused by the kissing or sucking of the skin, usually on the neck or arm. While biting might be part of giving a hickey, sucking is sufficient to burst superficial small blood vessels under the skin. Hickeys typically last from five to twelve days and may be treated in the same way as other bruises. Ways to reduce the appearance of hickeys include icing recent hickeys to reduce swelling, rubbing them with a chilled spoon to break up blood clots, and applying a warm compress to older hickeys to dilate vessels and promote blood flow. They can be covered with powder or fake tan. Alternatively, articles of clothing such as scarves, snoods, turtle necks, or sleeves may be used to conceal hickeys.

Edward lied next to Derdra as she tried to sleep. She pushed the sheets over her body as she trembled.

"Why do you tell me these things?" she mumbled through her blanket. Edward tilted his head at her.

"What ever do you mean?" he asked. She glanced up at him through her blanket.

"You keep telling my about all the people you have murdered," she whispered. "It makes me sick every time you talk about it." He reached down to stroke her on the head as he shushed her.

"It hurts me inside too," he confessed. The incubus alchemist shook his head to himself. "It's funny, really," he admitted. "I don't usually feel anything after I kill, but when I with you..." He noticed her eyes darted up at him. He gave her a calm little smile. "I don't know what you do to me," Edward confessed. "But I feel much calmer talking to you." Derdra rolled over onto her back.

"I can't say the same for myself," she replied. Edward leaned down and kissed her on the lips. Derdra turned her head away. The incubus gave her a hurt look on his face.

"Why are you so cold to me?" he asked. "I need you."

"Please stop telling me that," she pleaded.

"But it's true," Edward whispered. The nurse shook her head as she turned her back to him. Edward frowned as he touched her cheek.

"Derdra," he said in a soft voice.

"Don't," she pleaded. The incubus shook his head.

"What's wrong, Derdra?" he asked.

"Why me?" she asked. Edward gently pushed hair away from her face.

"Because I trust you," he replied. "I trust you and I love you."

"How can you say that about me?" Derdra asked. Edward leaned down on top of her.

"Because I know that you are strong enough to handle it," he whispered. "This why I have to tell you this." The nurse didn't look up at him.

"More killing?" she asked. Edward shook his head.

"It's worse," he told her. "Hell is coming for all of you. I tell you this as you will be the first to know that the end of days is coming." The nurse lifted her head in worry.

"End of days?" she asked.

"Yes," he said. "The signs are already here." His lips graced her ear. "However, I will give you a marking that will protect you from them."

"What do you...?" she began to ask. Edward darted for her neck and planted his lips on the skin hard enough to make her scream. Derdra tried to scream, but Edward muzzled her voice with his automail hand. Please bear with this a little bit longer, he said in her mind. I know you have the strength to handle this. I'm only doing this to protect you from them. Derdra's eyes darted over to Edward as if to plead for him to spare her.

After about thirty seconds, he let up. Derdra gasped for air beside of him. She looked at him with freight in her eyes.

"What did you do to me?" she finally managed to ask once the shock died down inside of her. Edward pressed his forehead against hers.

"I gave you my mark as a shield," he whispered. The alchemist noticed the fear in his angel's eyes. "Don't worry," he told her. "You won't become like me. I didn't take any blood." Edward pulled her closer to his chest as she broke down into trembling. "You have to stay by with this, okay?" he whispered. "I don't want you to be forced into my world."

"Why?" she whispered at his chest. Edward glanced downwards at her.

"Why what?" he asked. She looked up at him with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Why are you doing all of this to me?" Derdra asked in desperation. "Why do you love me so much as you claim?" Edward gave her a calm smile and patted her on the back of his head.

"I will tell everything in due time," he said in the darkness. "You have my word on that." The incubus alchemist used his left hand to wipe away her tears. "Can you bear with me a little bit longer?" She pressed her lips together and nodded. Edward drew in a deep breath as he held her closer to his body.

"Good," he whispered. "Now I'm going to tell you the thirteen signs you will witness as the End of Days arrives."

Next Night

Next Time: Torii's girlfriend comes by for a little love.
Sign up to rate and review this story