Categories > Movies > Matrix > The Matrix Rewired

The Matrix Rewired

by AnthonyRatkov 0 reviews

Neo and Smith appear to be unplugged from the Matrix.

Category: Matrix - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Characters: Agent Smith,Neo - Published: 2014-05-09 - 954 words - Complete

0Unrated
Neo was walking along a road, it wasn't a road, actually it was some kind of bike path, there were no cars on the road, only a few people riding bicycles. Neo couldn't remember where he was going or where he came from. He was afraid he had some kind of amnesia. A man wearing a black suit, black tie and black sunglasses walked up to him, and stood right in front of him, staring at him. Neo thought it was strange that anyone would wear a suit and tie outdoors on a hot,sunny day. The man said, "Hello, Mister Anderson." Neo didn't know why he was being called 'Mr Anderson.' Neo was gripped by feelings of panic. He was afraid he was going crazy. What if I couldn't even remember my own name?" he thought. Neo was afraid he was suffering from some kind of memory loss, some kind of amnesia. The strange man spoke again, saying, "Mister Anderson,are you all right?"

Neo said, "My name is not Mister Anderson. My name is Neo." The man said, "My name is Smith. I knew you once. You were in the Matrix. I was a character in the Matrix, too." Neo said, "What is the Matrix?" Smith said 'It was a system for controlling human beings. Millions of human beings had their brains plugged into computers. The computers used a system called 'the matrix' to feed signals into their brains. These signals fooled them into thinking that they were leading normal lives, but actually they were controled by the matrix." Neo said, "What's that got to do with me?"

Smith continued to explain, saying, "In the Matrix you were some kind of messiah, it was your destiny to save the human race, by finding a way to get millions of people unplugged from the matrix, so they could be free. Apparently you succeeded. I was an agent, an agent of the system, and it was my job to kill you, since you were considered to be an enemy of the system, you were an anomaly that would disrupt the system. Of course, in the end, I failed to kill you. I failed to complete my mission. I was unplugged from the matrix, and then I found myself here, in this world."

Neo thought that there was something vaguely familiar about Smith, and the things Smith was saying. Smith said, "Mister Anderson, have you ever heard of 3-D printing?" Neo thought it was odd to have a conversation like this with a total stranger, but he said "Yes, I think so, it's some kind of method for printing things without ink. They use some kind of machine to print layers of plastic to build a three-dimensional object." Smith said, "Well, actually, it's much more that that. In the beginnings of 3-D printing, they were just printing things like plastic parts for cars, and metal parts for machines, but after a few years of research, scientists came up with a new type of 3-D printing, it was called bio-printing. Instead of using ink or plastic as a printing material, they used living cells. The machine is loaded with bottles full of bone cells, muscle cells, skin cells, and so on, and the machine prints human bodies with it."

Neo thought Smith was lying, he said, "I've heard about bio-printing. The scientists thought that they could print replacement organs for people, by printing the organs. The organs they printed were supposed to be used in transplant cases." Smith said, "I'm afraid you haven't heard the whole truth, Mister Anderson. Printing replacement organs for organ transplants was one of the first things they did with the technology, but soon they were printing entire bodies. Instead of just printing one organ, they could print an entire human body, from head to toe."

Neo asked, "Well, what's that got to do with me?" Smith said, "Do you know what a belly button is?" Neo said, "Of course I know what it is." Smith said, "A belly button is a little knot of skin, that is produced when the doctor cuts off your umbilical cord. Every baby has an umbilical cord." Neo said, "Yes, I know that." Smith said, "Let me lift up my shirt and show you something." Smith lifted up his shirt, and exposed his belly. He didn't have a belly button. Neo stared at Smith's belly. Smith said, "I have no belly button. I was never born, Mister Anderson, I was printed. My entire body was manufactured by a machine known as a bio-printing machine. I never had an umbilical cord, I was never born, I was printed by a 3-D printer."

Neo said, "You still haven't answered by question. I Said what does that have to do with me?" Smith said, "Lift up your shirt, Mister Anderson. Take a look." Neo was afraid. Smith said, "Don't be afraid, Mister Anderson, lift up your shirt." Neo slowly lifted up his shirt, and looked down and he saw that he didn't have a belly button. Smith said, "You don't have one either, Mister Anderson. You were printed, the same way I was. When I came here, I seemed to have been suffering from amnesia. I couldn't remember anything. Now I'm trying to find out why I was created. I want to know who printed me,and why." Neo said, "I was suffering from amnesia, too. before you walked up to me, I felt confused, like I didn't know where I came from, or where I was going." Smith asked, "Do you want to help me find who printed us? You can help me search for them. I want some answers."Neo said, " I want some answers, too."
Sign up to rate and review this story