Categories > Comics > X-Men > Weapon X22

Chapter 3

by Effawaffle 0 reviews

Category: X-Men - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Beast - Published: 2014-05-19 - 3296 words - Complete

0Unrated
***Memory begins*****

"Begin adamantium transfer to Veapon X22's skeleton!" The cruel Russian voice of Viper (a.k.a. Madame H.Y.D.R.A.) echoed throughout the facility and into my four year old ears as I was strapped to a metallic cage-like bed with no pain killers, they didn't even put me to sleep, only an oxygen mask was placed around my mouth and over my nose as I was lowered into a tank filled with ice-cold water. I struggled against the leather straps. My eyes stung as the cold water took the opportunity to stab at them. However, I would rather take that pain than the pain that was following. I screamed as 12 long, red-hot, razor sharp needles began drilling into my skeleton, burying deep into my bones, the hot liquid masking my bones.....

***Memory ends****



I screamed as I was snapped from my nightmares. I bolted upright, mu fists clenched in anger and pain, my adamantium claws sliced through my skin. Fire rose around the room. "KALI! STOP!"I couldn't even hear my sister yelling, I was too consumed by my hatred for Viper to notice that my dear sister had come into my room and was now standing in front of me. "Kal! It was only a dream! Stop! Please Kal! It's over!" Laura's voice echoed over the crackling of the flame. I snarled as I raised my fist, ready to hit her as all I could see were images of Viper!

"KAL!" Laura yelled as I brought my fist down ready to stab her when two strong, muscled arms wrapped around me. The smell of cigars drifted to my nostrils.

"Relax Kid!" Logan's voice soothed my struggling. I found myself relaxing my muscles. Logan slowly released me. I was consumed with embarrassment.

"I-I'm so sorry..." I said retracing my claws.

"She ain't here sis, it was just a memory!" Laura said as she sat down on the bed and hugged me.

The flames extinguished and nothing was burnt. Logan slowly rose and left us. I cried in my twin sister's arms. "I hate 'er Laurie! I hate 'er so much!" I sobbed. It was nice to have her with me again.

"I know, but you're safe now! We both are!" Laura told me as she soothed my sobs. I sighed and nodded. "Try and get some more sleep Kal, I'm just next door" She said as she got up.

"Yeah... thanks...." I said hugging her before she left. I sighed heavily as I flopped back onto the pillows and tried to fall back to sleep....







An ice-cold shiver raced up my spine as my bare feet touched the cold kitchen tiles. I sighed as I crept over towards the fridge. There was no way I could sleep now... not when the memories were fresh inside my mind, haunting me. I couldn't sleep when the vile memories plagued my tormented mind like a broken record cursed to be forever frozen on repeat. Laura was lucky... her memories weren't as bad as mine... she inky received the adamantium transfusion process... I, on the other hand endured much worse...

My hand closed over the handle of the fridge. I paused as I sensed another presence. Sharply, I spun around and clenched my fists, my claws sliced through my skin as I crouched in a defensive stance. "Hey! It's just me! Relax, I ain't gonna hurt ya!" Logan said as he switched on the kitchen light and walked in. I found myself relaxing and I was once again filled with embarrassment. I retracted my claws. Why? I didn't know.... "Oh... sorry..." I mumbled shyly hiding behind my hair.

"What are ya doin' up so early?" Logan asked as he opened the fridge

"Couldn't get back to sleep... why are you up so early?" I asked defensively stepping back a little. I didn't want to be hurt again... I didn't want to be beaten...

"I'm always up at this time" He said. Logan raised an eyebrow at me. "You okay?" he asked curiously. I could hear something in his voice... care......?

"Um... yeah... fine...." I said relaxing a bit more. Logan looked at me for a few minutes as if trying to see if I was lying or not. After a few minutes he shrugged and took a bottle of beer from the fridge. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. "Ain't it a little early for beer?" I asked him curiously

"Not for me. This way no one else will steal my beer!" Logan said. A cocky smirk spread across his face. I just nodded.

There was a moment of awkward silence between the two of us before Logan coughed, clearing his throat. "So...I never knew Kid had a sister... let alone a twin..." Logan said. His voice shattering the silence as though it was merely glass.

"Oh yeah... we don't really like to think about the past..." I said

"Yeah...I sort of got that earlier..." he said, understanding and sympathy hung in his words. Two emotions I had never experienced....

I don't know why but a part of me felt drawn to him, felt as though I could trust him. I wanted to get to know him better....get closer to him..... No! Bad thought! That overly cautious side of me reminded me. I didn't know why but I felt like I should ignore it but... then again.... I shook my head. I didn't want it to happen again!

"Ya sure ya are okay?" Logan asked me

"Yeah" I lied. But I was a good liar. Logan tilted his head to the side as if he didn't believe me. But again, he failed to read me. I wasn't as people would say 'an open book'. Another minute of eerie silence went passed. I took the time to look at Logan, to see if he was a threat to me. He wasn't like anything Viper had made him out to be....

"If ya don't mind me askin' but where have ya been all this time?" Logan's gentle voice once again snapped me from my thoughts.

I opened my mouth to reply when the sound of the other students waking up and chatting echoed through the school corridors and soon they flooded into the kitchen. "Good morning Kali!" Laura's voice said happily as she hugged me.

I smiled. "'sup" I laughed returning her hug

"How ya feelin'?" she asked me, referring to earlier this morning

"Meh" I shrugged

"Naw! Did Kit-Kat not sleep?" Laura teased

I glared at her. "I am not a cat!" I told her giving her a playful shove

She smirked. "Yes you are"

"Am not!" I retorted childishly huffing as I crossed my arms.

Laura laughed. "You are such a grumpy pussycat!" she teased as she went to get her breakfast.

"Shut up Laura! I am not a pussycat! I am not a cat! And I ain't a damn kitty!" I huffed and secretly checked that my kitty tail wasn't showing and that my kitty ears were still hidden.

Laura rolled her green eyes. "Whatever floats your boat kitty!" she smirked

I glared at her playfully. I loved being with her again, but did she have to call me 'kitty', 'pussycat' and 'Kit-Kat'!? I had forgotten that Logan was sitting there until he spoke. He raised his eyebrow as if trying to work out why she was calling me all those cat nicknames.

"Laura, why are you calling her 'kitty'?" He asked curiously.

Oh no! I watched as Laura gave me her sly and playful grin. "I have been dying to do this for so long!" She said and before I could stop her, she reached over and scratched one of my kitty ears! Her actions were followed by a loud purr which slipped from my throats. The room fell silent and Laura laughed and hugged me. "My sister is half cat!" She explained as she lifted up my tail.

"Oi! Hands off the tail!" I said as it vanished. I was waiting for someone to judge me but no one did. They all just went back to their breakfast and chatting like it was normal.... Laura just smiled and I relaxed. Maybe I did belong here....

"Well I was not expecting that!" Logan said as he shook his head and rose. "What else can you do Kalila?" He asked me

"Oh um loads I guess" I said shyly

Logan nodded. "Well we'll find out in training" He said as he began to leave

"Urgh! It's her first day Old Man!" Laura mumbled under her breath

"It's a good thing I am taking it then, ain't it Kid" Logan smirked as he ruffled Laura's jet black hair

"Oi! I am not a damn kid!" She hissed

I couldn't help laughing. I could see the brother-sister relationship her and Logan had with each other. I found it comforting that Logan was there for her when I couldn't be. Logan smirked smugly and gave me a lazy salute as he left. "What's so funny?" Laura hissed playfully at me

"Nothing..... Kid" I laughed and started eating my breakfast.





After we had finished eating, Laura dragged me upstairs to get changed. "Okay, today you start classes and training, it's like being at a normal school" Laura explained as we got changed. All I had was a pair of black jeans, a red tank top, a black leather jacket and black biker boots. Laura said that we would go shopping after I got settled in. "So what's training like?" I asked her.

"It's nothing like H.Y.D.R.A.! It's just to test what you can do and to help you control and strengthen your abilities" Laura explained as she finished changing.

I nodded. But I was still curious. But I trusted my sister and only my sister. "Come on!" Laura said snapping me from my thoughts as we finished getting ready and she pulled me from the bedroom and began dragging me down the hall when we bumped into Rogue and Kitty.

"Oh hey" Rogue said

"Hi"

"Hey guys! Wait up!" I heard Tabitha call as she ran down the stairs with two girls following behind her. "Sorry guys, Amara wouldn't wake up!" she explained pointing at the brown haired girl with black skin and hazel eyes. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"It's not my fault! I hardly slept last night!" Amara huffed

"Right well meet my twin sister Kalila" Laura said as I gave them a lazy salute

"Hi I'm Amara Aquila, or Magma" Amara said in an African-American accent

"I'm Rahne Sinclair but call me 'Wolfsbane'" The other girl said in a Scottish accent. She had red hair which was tied in two pigtails. She smiled gently at me, her green eyes shining like emeralds.

"Hey Kalila, how'd you sleep?" Tabitha asked me as we walked to our first class

"Okay I guess... it was nice to have a pillow and duvet for once... and a proper mattress" I said shrugging

"Wow that sounds harsh, where, like, were you, like, before?" Kitty asked me

"H.Y.D.R.A." I said. It dawned on me that I had been speaking a lot more than I usually did ever since I got here and I wasn't afraid... kinda.







Soon we arrived at our first class. We joined the rest of the students who were waiting outside of a classroom. Some were chatting casually, some were pulling pranks on each other by using their gift, while other were looking in text books, as if they were studying. "Welcome to French class Kali," Laura said as the door opened and a guy with auburn hair stepped outside.

"Bonjour" He said in a Cajun accent. I could hear Laura giggling shyly. I raised my eyebrow and smirked. "Je vois que nous avons un nouvelle étudiant" he said looking at me

"I'm Kalila, Laura's twin sister" I said

"Ah I'm Gambit chèr, come join le class petite" Gambit said

I followed him into the classroom. I could tell just by listening to his voice that Gambit had a flirting personality but he was also kind and gentle. "Alright let's begin" He said as he began playing with a deck of cards.



After about an hour or so of learning French and watching my twin going into dream land and sighing dreamily while Gambit sent her the occasional flirty smile, the bell finally rang out through the mansion. The room was filled with the eerie sound of chair legs scraping off the wooden floor and the sound of people packing their bags before being dismissed by Gambit. "So have those notes in by tomorrow!" Gambit called as he dismissed everyone. I followed Laura and Rogue out of the room where Kurt and Kitty were waiting for us with two other people. One was a guy around 5'8" with brown hair and light blue eyes. I know this will probably sound weird, but whenever I stood close to the guy, I got this nice cool vibe. "Kali, this is Bobby or 'Iceman'," Rogue said as she gestured to him. "Bobby, this is Laura's twin sister Kalila"

"Hi" I said giving the guy a lazy salute. Bobby nodded at me.

Beside Bobby there was a girl with short jet black hair and brown eyes. She was around 5'5" and wore pink gamer visors on the top of her head. The girl wore a long yellow trench coat over a black top with black trousers and boots. "And this is Jubilee" Laura said as she hugged her

"Nice to meet you" Jubilee said in an American accent.

I just nodded at her. If I was being brutally honest, I had no idea how the hell I was meant to remember all these names....but then again, I did know everyone in H.Y.D.R.A. and there were probably way more people there.



The training room was huge! It was way bigger than the one in H.Y.D.R.A.! The entire room was made of metal and the ceiling was way over 10 feet. I gazed around the room in awe as I waited with Laura and the others for the trainer to appear. Machines were one of the many things I was interested in. Yeah I know it isn't something you would usually expect a girl to be interested in. But I ain't your typical girl.

"Alright is everyone here?" Logan's voice snapped me from my daze.

The students chorused their reply, some just mumbled while others were full of energy. "Alright then, let's get started" Logan said as he put his cigar out with the palm of his hand

"cough show off cough" Laura muttered under her breath

"What was that Kid?" Logan asked raising one of his eyebrows

"Nothing" She replied grumbling as he called her 'Kid'

I couldn't help smirking as I tried not to laugh. Laura glared at me as she gave me a playful shove. "Alright, here is what we are doing today" Logan said.









Training wasn't too bad. Logan was tough but he was nothing compared to Kimura. Kimura was a brutal H.Y.D.R.A. agent who was assigned to be my handler while I was at H.Y.D.R.A. Kimura was an enhanced human who took a sick pleasure in making my life a living hell! She would have the enjoyment of abusing me and beating me when a mission was unsuccessful but also when missions were successful. Nothing could harm her skin and she cannot die to my utter disappointment.

"Well...I didn't expect any of that...." Logan said snapping me from my thoughts

"Oh um yeah well I am different kinda I mean I was experimented on a lot more than Laura but everything is well I guess natural just enhanced..." I explained babbling slightly. I couldn't bring myself to relax when I was alone with other people especially men.... Logan raised an eyebrow at me.

"Are you okay Kit?" He asked

"Oh yeah" I said masking my feelings once again. I wasn't so much afraid of Logan. I was just nervous I didn't know why or how but whenever I am alone with I get all these weird and warm feelings they confuse me....

"Look, Kali I know I don't seem that friendly but trust me I am, I'd never hurt you, no one here would" Logan reassured me.

I couldn't seem to bring myself to say anything I just nodded and got lost in his hazel eyes. Something about him told me that I could trust him. That he would never hurt me.... I felt close to him for some reason...

"Kali? Kalila? Are you okay?" Logan asked

I shook my head embarrassed. "Oh yeah I am fine....sorry I just want to go and find Laura!" I said and vanished in a cloud of shadows.



Moments later I reappeared in the hall. I didn't really know why I left. Logan was so kind to me but I guess I just panicked. I wasn't one to usually talk but there was something about him, about this place that just made me feel like I belonged. I mean this place was so welcoming... I sighed and started walking, well it was more like exploring. There were so many rooms in this place that I was sure to get lost!

"Hey! Watch it!" A sudden sharp American voice snapped me from my thoughts.

"Oh sorry" I said as I looked down and seen this girl with medium length blonde hair and blue eyes.

"What is wrong with you!? Are you like blind or something freak!?" She hissed at me as she glared at me. I could feel the hatred in her words. Geez the girl barely knew me!

"Nothing is wrong with her Alison! It was an accident! So stop bein' a bloody drama queen and get to wherever you are in such a hurry to get to!" Logan snarled as he suddenly appeared. "And leave Kalila alone!" He warned her

I felt a smile which I was sure was long lost dance to my pale face. No one had ever defended me. No one had been able to bring this smile back. But it quickly faded. I shook my head as Alison glared at me but walked off. Logan turned to me. "Are you okay?" He asked gently

"Yeah thank" I said smiling shyly

"Alison is a bit of a bitch sometimes" Logan said as we walked down the corridors. I nodded

"I kinda got that vibe" I said

"So what's your next class?" He asked me taking out a cigar and lighting it.

I was about to reply when I seen a rain cloud suddenly appear above Logan's head and the next thing I knew, it was raining over him! I laughed as he was soon drenched in water and steam came off his cigar just as Ororo appeared. "The professor has told you about smoking indoors Logan" She said smirking. Logan glared at her.

"Thanks Ororo! Really" He said sarcastically as he shook the water from his hair

"Hey!" I cried as droplets of water landed on me

"Oh sorry. Do kitties not like water?" Logan smirked as he teased me like he teased Laura

I glared at him. "Actually I don't mind water! And I am not a cat!" I said

"Your cat ears and tail say otherwise Kit" Logan chuckled as he walked off to change

"Kalila, I think you are in Art now" Ororo said as she handed me my timetable and walked me to the classroom



"Je vois que nous avons un nouvelle étudiant" - "I see we have a new student"
Sign up to rate and review this story