Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Aqua

by Theironpineapple 0 reviews

'Baby indeed,' Ed thought, ignoring the way his body would tense when lightning shown, 'To be scared of a storm.'

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric - Published: 2005-06-14 - Updated: 2005-06-14 - 343 words - Complete

1Moving
I don't own Full Metal Alchemist.


"Nii-san, I'm scared." Six year old Alphonse whimpered to Ed, clutching his blanket close to his chest. The storm outside whipped the trees with wind and lit the skies with lightning, thunder booming and cracking.

"Can I sleep with you?" Al asked, looking scared and hopeful.

Seven year old Ed sighed, after he attempted not to jump at the sounds outside.
"Al, its just a storm, go back to bed." he told his baby brother. 'Baby indeed,' Ed thought, ignoring the way his body would tense when lightning shown,/ 'To be scared of a storm.'/

"I- I can't." Al said, "I tried." Al looked as his feet in shame, wanting to be strong like his Nii-san.
Ed scoffed. "You wet your bed again, didn't you?"

Al's head shot up as his eyes got wide and angry. "No I didn't!" he said loudly, as loud as he dared when their mother was asleep down the hall.

Ed kept his skeptical look on, lest he show fear in front of his brother.

"I didn't." Al insisted, "You can check if you don't believe me." Looking at the younger boy, Ed gave another sigh, this one of weary acceptance, and lifted his covers.

Al's face shown with happiness as he snuggled with his older brother under the warm blankets, moving this way and that to get comfortable.

Al was almost asleep when another bolt of lightning lit up the cloudy skies and a crash of thunder sounded, both of which his fearless older brother jumped about a foot at.

"You're just as scared as I am, Nii-san." he said darkly to Ed, feeling both amused and annoyed at his older brother, a feeling he would have very often in years to come.

"Oh, shut up and go to bed." Ed grumbled back at him. Al would have said something else to that, but the soft sound of rain hitting the roof lulled him to sleep once more.

The clear morning found the brother curled into one another, soft and warm.
Sign up to rate and review this story