Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blow Me A Kiss Before She Goes

Chapter 5

by xFuRiEx 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2014-05-27 - 1452 words

-1TrainWreck
We were practically done setting up our band’s equipment in the garage when Gerard came in through the door, causing my insides to light up with glee. I’d been starting to worry that he wasn’t going to show up. I hurried over to him and grabbed his wrist.

“You came.” I said, giving him an all out grin.

“I told Ivy I would.”

That was a disappointment. It would seem that he was still mad at me and that the only reason he was here was because of Ivy.

I nodded. “I’m glad you’re here.”

Gerard slightly sighed. “Well, you guys didn’t seem to suck the first time I heard you. I thought I would come give you another listen. Plus, you also invited me to check you out.” I couldn’t help grinning at his choice of words. He was more than welcome to check me out any time he wanted. I don’t want his gorgeous hazel eyes focused on anything or anyone other than me. “This is my brother Mikey.” He motioned to a skinny kid standing next to him. He couldn’t have been older than me. I hadn’t even noticed him until Gerard directed my attention to him.

“Hey, I’m Frank,” I smiled at him. “It’s nice to meet you,” I said sincerely.

“Hey,” Mikey smiled back. “My brother says you guys are good.”

“He did?”

“Wipe the cocky smirk off your face, Frank,” Gee chuckled. “I didn’t have much to go on when I told my brother about you. I might have been mistaken.”

I childishly stuck my tongue out at him, relieved that the tension between us had disappeared. “I’ll show you how good we are. Make yourselves at home.” I pointed at the couch, walking over to my guitar and slinging it across my shoulders. Everyone else exchanged greetings with the Way brothers and of course Scary couldn’t resist the urge to make a comment about me and Gerard. Sometimes I really wished I could duct tape her mouth shut.

Everyone took their places behind their instruments and I stepped over to the mic. My sister waltzed into the room and plopped down on the couch next to Gerard, the two starting to talk animatedly. We kicked off with our first song, practicing several more before taking a short break. Ivy and the guys headed for the kitchen to get drinks and snacks while Mikey got into a conversation with Scary about playing bass. I couldn’t help thinking that they were the most unlikely pair to get along.

The fact that everyone else was busy doing their own thing, gave me the opportunity to talk to Gerard. I sat down next to him, making sure not to make any physical contact. This was for various reasons. I didn’t need the distraction or the temptation. Also, I didn’t want him to be uncomfortable or feel awkward.

“Hey,” I greeted him quietly. “Are you enjoying the show?”

“You’re right. You guys don’t completely suck,” he teased me with a smile.

“You better watch what you say to me. Scary might kick your ass,” I retorted playfully.

He shrugged it off. “I’m not scared of a girl.”

“You’re stupid.” We both chuckle lightly at the direction our conversation chose and it felt good. We had something between us. I wasn’t sure what it was, but we weren’t meant to be fighting. This was how it was supposed to be. Yes, we were supposed to be best friends. I realized that I had a girlfriend and that my interest in Gerard probably didn’t stretch beyond physical attraction. I wasn’t going to screw anything up this time.

“Gee, I’m sorry for not telling you about Lisa. I was an idiot. I didn’t mean to lead you on or anything,” I apologized. “I realize that that was probably exactly what I did, but I… I don’t know. Maybe I had a momentary crush on you or something and I was so excited to see you again that I completely forgot about Lisa in the process. I mean, we had fun that day, didn’t we?”

He seemed to consider it for a moment before nodding. “We did have a lot of fun.”

He was so adorable that I had to resist the urge to kiss him. So much for avoiding temptation. “Friends?” I checked to be certain.

“Of course,” he smiled back at me.

The door opened and Lisa came in.

“Hey you two,” she smiled brightly as soon as she saw us. She came over and leaned down to give me a quick kiss. “Hey, Gerard.”

“Hey, Lisa. How are you?”

“I’m always good and you?”

“I never complain.” I watched the interaction between the two of them not sure how to feel about it. I was happy that they got along, but I felt bad for Gee having to deal with this and over the fact that Lisa had no idea what was going on.

Ivy and everyone else returned at that moment with trays of sustenance. It was perfect timing otherwise things may have gotten awkward again. Everyone pigged out on chips and soda for a while before we returned to practicing.

We were back in full motion and practice was going well. Gerard was kind of sandwiched on the couch between my sister and Lisa. Thankfully, he and Lisa seemed to be getting along well. On the downside, he seemed to be getting along with my sister a little too well. The pair were laughing and goofing around the entire time. What was he doing? I thought he was supposed to be gay and here he was being very cozy with Ivy. It didn’t make any sense, unless he wanted to make me jealous which would be very childish, regardless of how successful the plan was. My stomach turned uncomfortably as I watched them.

I knew my girlfriend was sitting right there next to them, but I couldn’t help the jealousy washing over me in waves. Why couldn’t things between me and Gerard be that easy and playful? Oh, right, it had been until he found out I had a girlfriend. What if he and Ivy got together? That would most definitely suck. I don’t want to have to put up with that. Ivy wouldn’t do that to me though, would she? She won’t be doing anything wrong, though, since I have a girlfriend. After all, I chose Lisa over Gerard. Ugh, this was so confusing!

“Frank!”

I blinked, realizing that everyone was staring at me, including Ivy and Gerard.

“What?” I asked, turning to look at Scary who was the one who had spoken my name.

“You made a mistake and when all of us stopped, you just kept on playing,” she explained, looking at me questioningly.

“Sorry, I must have spaced out.” Well, this definitely wasn’t awkward at all. Shit. How could I have gotten so distracted over nothing? Crap, they’re still staring at me. “Uhm, are we going from the beginning again?”

Scary shook her head, clearly wondering what was going on, but thankfully not asking. How was I going to explain that I was jealous of Ivy and Gerard without getting Lisa involved? Nope, that knowledge was for me only.

“From the top,” she agreed and the drums started anew.

I made sure to concentrate this time around and practice finished without a hitch. Scary and Caitlyn had to go home and they took their boyfriends with them, leaving only Lisa, the Way brothers and me and Ivy.

“We should also be heading home,” Gee announced.

“It’s still early. You don’t have to leave yet,” Ivy told him and I could clearly see the hopefulness in her eyes. Damn it!

I saw Gerard shift awkwardly. “We only came to see the practice.”

“We promised our mom we’d be home for dinner,” Mikey hurriedly added and I somehow knew he was lying, covering up whatever is going on with his brother.

Ivy was disappointed by this. “Okay, in that case, tell your mom I said hi.”

Gerard offered her a smile. “I will, thanks.”

The Ways said their goodbyes and headed down the street. I also turned and walked back into the house, having to grow accustomed to the sudden quiet.

“Are you okay, Frank?” Lisa asked, taking a hold of my hand.

“Of course,” I grinned at her. We were good and Gerard was willing to give our friendship a go. Things were great.
Sign up to rate and review this story