Categories > Books > Harry Potter > My Wife is Who?

Mate, It's Called Daydreaming

by tetrisman 0 reviews

Featuring a Time travelling Harry: "Hermione, I think I just time-traveled into the future." "Really Harry, what do you see." Hermione asked. "I was married to Cho Chang," I answered. "Mate, it's c...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Cho,Fleur,Harry,Hermione,Tonks - Published: 2014-06-07 - Updated: 2014-06-07 - 4255 words

1Funny
Disclaimer: I don't own anything you recognize.

o0oOo0o

My Wife is -

o0oOo0o

Chapter One: Mate, It's Called Daydreaming

o0oOo0o

SEPTEMBER 1, 2004

"Wake up!"

"Honey! Wake up!"

This voice that fills my heart with love and warmness continue to draw me from my blissful sleep.

"Honey! Wake up!"

There it is again, the soothing voice that plagues my dreams.

"Wake up! Honey!"

I slowly opened my eyes adjusting to the light that came from the early morning sun passing through the window.

"Hn!" I grunted as I accustomed myself to my surroundings.

"It's already morning."

I struggle to find the source of the voice. After scanning the room, I found her form in the window arranging curtain. I can't tell who she was, but I can tell that she was a she judging by her bust and curves. I closed my eyes, and opened it, adjusting itself from the light provided from the window. I lay there shock and amaze at the goddess of a woman that was there staring at me.

She has beautiful Asian face, with long dark hair and dark eyes, curves that would put any woman to shame and a smile that could melt any man's heart.

"Cho Chang" I yelled, shocked at finding her at the same room as me. Last I remember, I had only managed to start a small greeting with her. But now she was in the same room as me.

"Seriously," she started, "you're calling me by that name again."

"Ah?" I said unintelligently.

"I'm Cho Potter, aren't I? Hubby! 3"

o0oOo0o

PRESENT

"Harry! Harry! Are you okay?" Hermione said as she shakes my arm.

"Uhmm… Yeah," I answered unintelligently. I was still shaken by a prophetic 'vision' I just had.

"Are you sure? You were daze off there for a few seconds," Hermione asked me with a tone that I can easily identify as her worried tone.

"Yes Hermione, Don't worry about it," I said in a collected voice. I didn't want to worry my best friend about meaningless things. Well, maybe not meaningless things; that future that I had just seen wasn't meaningless.

We sat there quietly; continue eating the food as we tried to avoid looking as Ron devoured his food like a pig which was a hard thing to do since we were sitting opposite of him. Well I was eating, while Hermione continue to stare at the food, clearly appalled at thought of eating food out of slavery having learned that bound house elves were the one who cook the food here.

"Hey Hermione," I called her over. "I think I just time travelled to the future," I said in a serious tone.

"Really? How do you do it? Is it the first time you have done it? Do you think you're a seer? I hear seer can see the future at random times. What do you see? Do I become a spell creator? Does Ron's eating habit was still the same? ("Hey!" Ron yelled.) Who was the headmaster at that time? Did I become a teacher? I really like to become a teacher—"

"Hermione, calm down," I said with a small chuckle. It reminded me of when we first met on the train at the beginning of first year. I expected her to laugh at me but not this. Clearly, being near me for so long changed her view of normalicy.

"Sorry Hermione, my time travel was brief," I said. I immediately regretted after seeing her frown. "But there was one thing I was sure that will happen in the future," I quickly added. I smile seeing it was a success. Her frown replaced that of a smiling curious one.

"What is it?" she asked excitedly.

"Well, I was…" I paused for added effect. Hermione lean forward expecting to hear what happened.

"… married to Cho Chang," I finished with pride in my voice as I pompously puff my chest.

A giggle and a laughter brought me to my senses. I looked at my side and see Hermione giggling. I looked at Ron who was laughing sending pieces of food everywhere which make me cringe in disgust.

"Mate, It's called daydreaming," said Ron between bouts of laughter. I looked at Hermione, expecting her to believe me but she continue to giggle.

"Really Harry. Ron was right maybe it was just daydreaming," said Hermione in a tone that I can't identify.

"Maybe, you're right," I grumbled silently. Maybe, it was true that I was just daydreaming. Maybe it was because I was staring at Cho last year and thinking of her these past few days.

I looked at Hermione and sees that she was about to open her mouth clearly to tease me like she always do when catching me staring at my apple of the eye. Luckily I was saved from the teasing as the food vanished when the Headmaster stand up to address the students.

I quickly block what the headmaster was saying at that point since I knew that he will just enlist what Filch govern as banned items and I will just get in trouble if he listen to what my headmaster says. Just like in my first year when he warned the students about the corridor in third floor. Really telling something like that to some bunch of curious teenagers will just fuel their desire to go there.

Instead of listening to him, I indulge myself at staring and admiring the beautiful form of Cho Chang. I would have continue fantasizing about her until the end of the welcoming feast but something in Dumbledore's speech caught my attention.

"—the Inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take this year."

"What?" I gasped. This was blasphemy. They wouldn't do that. Quidditch was the only thing that makes this school lively. I looked at Fred and George, my fellow Quidditch player. They were mouthing soundlessly at Dumbledore, apparently too appalled to speak.

Dumbledore went on, "This is due to a certain event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy. – But I'm sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure that announcing that this year at Hogwarts—"

Talk about bad timing. Before Dumbledore can even say what the event was, there was a deafening rumble of thunder and the doors of the Great Hall banged open.

Dramatic much, this was my thought as an ugly man entered the Great Hall. As I observed his features I quickly mentally told myself to know what the man's line of work was so that I can avoid it. I don't want to lose one of my eye or legs for that matter.

I watch as Dumbledore announced the man as Mad-eye Moody our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I quickly wondered, how long this one will last or if he was here to kill me.

Everyone, including myself was too transfixed by his bizarre appearance that we didn't even manage to clap at his introduction. I don't know what their reason was but mine was that he interrupted what Dumbledore was about to say. I was excited of what the event that Dumbledore was saying since it was the reason why there was no Quidditch this year. I silently pray that it was a very good reason for Dumbledore, else I will prank him till the end of the school year.

Fortunately for us, there was no more interruption as Dumbledore cleared his throat. "As I was saying, we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It was my great pleasure to inform you that the Tri-wizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"You're JOKING," said Fred and George Weasley loudly.

This opportunity was too good to pass up as I quietly and quickly get my wand from my robes and animated the utensils. The utensils stand up, sprout some hands and dance while releasing a sound of "It's a joke, it's a joke" over and over again.

The tension that had filled the Hall ever since Moody's arrival suddenly broke. Nearly everyone laughed, and Dumbledore chuckled respectively.

"I am not joking Mr. Weasley -nice charm by the way-," he said, "though now that you mentioned it, I did hear an excellent over the summer about a troll, a hag, a leprechaun who all go into a bar…"

I was glad that Professor McGonagall cleared her throat loudly interrupting Dumbledore's line of speech, if not I would had pranked Dumbledore then and there, since I was excited about this tournament. I wonder how this tournament can liven my year but I need details.

I listened as Dumbledore explained the tournament; how, why, when, where it was made, and how the tournament operates. But I was disheartened at the cause why it was discontinued.

Death toll.

No thank you. I have enough near-death experience in my fourteen years of being alive. But all is well; I can still learn some new magic from the visiting schools.

But I have a gut feeling that somehow I will be forced to participate in this tournament. Just as I thought of it, Dumbledore announce that only wizards and witches of age can enter which was seventeen or above. I breathed a sigh of relief, it was now impossible for me to enter this tournament.

I chuckled as I watch the expression in the great hall. Many were disheartened of the fact that they can't enter, just light up again as they no doubt think of a way to cheat the impartial judge for picking them. It was funny to watch Ron with this look as he mumbled "a thousand galleons," over and over again under his breath.

Dumbledore soon dismissed the students after some last words of welcome.

I was currently watching as Fred and George debate the ways in which Dumbledore might stop those who were under seventeen from entering. Just as we crossed the Entrance Hall, I remembered my promise to Sirius. I promise him to update him if my scar hurt anymore at random times. I remembered that I have a letter to send to Sirius.

After I had excused myself to Hermione and Ron saying that I had a letter to send, I set off to the Owlery.

I encounter no problem in my trip to the Owlery. The problem was when I arrived to the Owlery. Well, it wasn't really a problem you see. It just that Cho Chang was there talking with her owl.

Now I can't send my letter right now. My nerves made sure of that. I was too embarrassed to go there. The only thing I could do right now was to wait until she had sent her letter and left, or go there have a chat with her and send my letter. Unfortunately, my nerves made sure I would do the former.

Fortunately or unfortunately base on how you see it, Cho sensed me as Hedwig dropped down and greeted her master which was me. Oh god, how I hate Hedwig right now.

"Harry," Cho said in surprise as she takes notice of me.

I was glad that there was a fair distance between us and the shadow of Owlery shade my face. I would surely die from embarrassment of how red my face was, right now. I would love to maintain this distance but Hedwig had other plans. She flew from my arm to the waiting arms of Cho siding herself with Cho's owl.

I watched fascinated as Hedwig nipped Cho's owl affectionately. I had no choice but to follow my mischievous owl. I was just glad that my fascination at seeing my owl being lovey-dovey or lovey-owly at another owl removed the excess blood on my face lessening my blush.

"Oh! Hello Cho! What are you doing here?" I asked. I cursed myself as I asked this stupid question; surely she was here to deliver a letter or at least to visit her owl.

"Oh, I was just sending a letter to my parents since they asked me to look after my little sister. I was about to inform that my little sister made it to Ravenclaw just like me," she explained to me proudly. "How about you, have any letter to send?"

"Oh yes! It was letter to my godfather," I replied.

There was a peaceful silence as we watched fascinated as Hedwig affectionately nipped Cho's owl and for him to return it just as affectionately.

"They were just so adorable," purred Cho as she watches her owl and Hedwig.

"Yes they were," I agreed.

"Perry was the name of your son-in-law by the way," she said.

"Perry? Son-in-law?" I asked confused of what she meant.

"It was name of my owl, silly," Cho giggled.

"Oh yes, your owl," I muttered.

I stared at Perry eye to eye as I asked him in my most stern voice, "What's your intention to my daughter?"

Chirp

Chirp

Chirp

Cho let a small giggle at my display, which pleased me to no end.

Cho then stare at Hedwig as if scrutinizing her and said in a voice that mother's use when inspecting the girl that managed to charm her son's heart, "You pass."

Hedwig flapped her wings beautifully and chirped.

I faced Cho and stared at her eyes for a second as she stared at my eyes before we broke into giggles and laughter at the silliness of the situation. My thought right now was "Oh! How I love you Hedwig."

Sadly this moment was about to end as Cho's wand violently vibrate and ringed.

I watched as Cho dig up her wand from her robe and wave it in a simple yet complex pattern. I quickly recognize that pattern in wand waving. It was to turn off the alarm charm.

"Sorry about that Harry, but I need to go. I had Prefects duty to do."

I watched as Perry hand one of his feet as Cho tied her letter. After a quick word of safety from her master, Perry flew away leaving the couple and one owl alone.

I watched as Cho face me and seem to hesitate for a few seconds before she kiss me on the cheeks and with a mutter of "Good bye" fled from the Owlery leaving Harry alone with Hedwig.

"She kissed me," I muttered to myself as touch the spot where her lips met my face.

"Chirp, Chirp, Chirp," chirped Hedwig praising her master.

"She kissed me," I muttered again, not believing what had happened.

"Chirp, Chirp, Chirp," chirped Hedwig pleased at her master.

"She kissed me," I muttered in a daze. I had expected the background music (Hedwig chirping) but an unexpected pain at the back of my hand.

I look at my hand and notice the claw marks. I look at Hedwig to see an angry expression on her face. Looks like Hedwig wasn't pleased that I was left in a daze and being an idiot over a small kiss in the chicks.

Hedwig as if to attack me again, draw back, but I raise my hand to block my face, and yelled "Sorry Hedwig!"

I waited for her strike but nothing came. I slowly opened my eyes and sees that Hedwig has positioned herself at my shoulder. I relaxed my posture and quickly Hedwig drop down on my shoulder.

"Do you think I have a chance to her?" I asked my beloved owl.

Chirp

"You think so, huh."

Chirp

"I can't do that. I will be too embarrassed to ask her on a date to Hogsmeade."

Chirp

"I wouldn't say that, maybe it was just an innocent kiss."

I waited a few second for an answer but I get nothing. I looked at Hedwig and see an expression that says "I don't want to talk to you, you boneless coward."

We stare at each other for a few second before, Hedwig lift one of her claws while looking at the opposite ways as if saying "Where your letter? I don't want to be near you, you boneless coward."

With a Hmph, I quickly tied the letter at Hedwig's offered feet. As soon as tied the letter to Hedwig she flew away not bothering to ask who the letter was for.

"Fly safe, Hedwig," I called after her.

Chirp

I stood there till Hedwig was out of sight before turning back and walking to the direction of the Gryffindor Tower.

There was a spring in my step as I walked to the Gryffindor Tower while humming a happy tune.

I didn't notice that I was in front of the Fat Lady's portrait because of how happy I am.

I was shocked at seeing Hermione there but I'm happy nonetheless.

I'm so happy that I scooted her up and hugged her. I register her shock but after a few seconds before she returned the hug.

"Someone's happy," she said after I release the hug.

"Yes," I replied.

"Dare I ask?"

"I just had an interesting meeting with Cho," I answered.

"Details, I need them," she said in an amused tone.

"Uhmm—Nope," I said.

"Then rot there. I know you didn't know the password to the common room," she said in a teasing voice.

"Fine," I said giving in.

I hear her said the word "Balderdash," and the Fat Lady opened letting them in.

o0oOo0o

Hermione's interrogation was exhausting at the same time exhilarating as she tried to grill the information from me about my meeting with Cho. After the 'interrogation' she seemed pleased with herself for reason unknown to me. After saying that she has some pre-reviewing to do, she left me alone in the common room.

Seeing nothing to do, I quickly left and go to the 4th year boys room. I was pleased to see that Ron was in his bed knock out. One interrogation is enough, two is too much.

Right now I lay in my bed fantasizing about my meeting with Cho. Not long after my thoughts drifted back to the 'vision' that I had in the feast. I was sure that I have time travelled in the future because of the clarity and vividity of the vision. My gut-feeling also told me that it wasn't just a day dream. It was true, I managed to time slip.

But if anything else, I was one step closer in achieving that future.

Those were my last thought as I drifted to sleep.

TIME SLIP ACTIVATED

"Hmm— where am I?" I asked myself as I awoken.

I quickly scan my surrounding and see that I was in the dining room with Cho Chang as she sipped her tea.

'Looks like that I have time slipped again,' I thought.

I watched my future wife as she sipped her tea with grace and elegance that will put any pureblood to shame. She caught me staring at her and she smiled. Damn, I nearly melt then and there.

I watched as she lifted her right arm to my face so that her bracelet in her wrist was within my eye level smiling all the while. It was colored blue and bronze signifying the Ravenclaw color. The prominent thing was a lightning bolt shape that was running half the circumference of the bracelet.

"I found this in the closet. A charmed bracelet," said Cho as she regarded the bracelet in her wrist, "It tells me when there was anything added to my food, may it be a potion, poison or an antidote."

"So that was the reason that you were immune to the prank of Fred and George," I said bewildered.

She giggled, "Yes. Isn't it nostalgic?"

"Yes," I quickly agreed.

"Do you see the lightning bolt here?" she asked as she pointed at the lightning bolt that oddly reminded me of something. She giggled again before continuing, "I absentmindedly carved it after our talk in the Owlery."

"Really?" I asked pleased about that they have the same feelings after their talk.

"I clearly remembered that day; it was the day when Perry introduced his girlfriend. They were so cute that time," she purred.

"Yeah, they were so cute," I agreed as I feel myself doze off.

"Hey, what's wrong? You look really sleepy." I hear her say.

"You're sulking because I haven't given you your morning kiss right," she said as she lean in close to me.

TIME SLIP ENDS

I awoke to find myself in the boy's dorm by the sound of Ron's snoring. My thoughts right now was cursing Ron and his stupid snoring. I was just about to be kissed by Cho Chang, my future wife.

And I didn't even have the chance to ask Cho how we got together. But after some thought, I quickly realized that it was a good thing that I hadn't asked that question.

I didn't know if by knowing it, I can somehow change the future. With that in my in mind, I get off the bed and had my morning shower.

o0oOo0o

As I left the shower, I was somewhat disgruntled as I find Ron finishing to dress. My thoughts were 'Damn, pureblood and their cleaning charms. It makes wizards unhygienic. The charm wasn't the same with the feeling of the shower. It was somehow incomplete.'

He notices my undressed state and said, "Hey mate, wanna go down together."

"No, you can wait for me in the common room. Inform Hermione I will arrive shortly. You know how she is"

"Okay, I will do just that, meet you in the common room." And with that he leaves.

It takes me a few minutes to arrange my clothes and I quickly bolted to the common room. I found them in the couch as Hermione doing what she always do, reading a book, while Ron was ogling some Gryffindor seventh year as they passed by.

As the seventh year passed the portrait hole, Ron continue to stare there for a few minutes before he glance at the stairs the lead to the boy's dorm and spotted me.

I expected him to greet me but not take me by my wrist and drag me to the portrait hole.

"Oh there you are. I was about to get you if you hadn't come down."

"What's the rush?" I asked as I watched from the corner of my eye as Hermione closed her book with a huff and follow us.

"Oh, it just Fred and George arrange a prank for the Ravenclaws," answered Ron.

"Prank, what's the reason?" I asked confused. It didn't make any sense for the twins to arrange a prank this day of all time. Normally they will arrange a prank if the stress of test, OWLS and NEWTS became so high for the students or there was some occasion like the Halloween feast and the Welcoming feast which was yesterday.

"Oh, it was just some silly revenge. Really… if they just devote their time studying they would surely pass with flying colors," said Hermione as she catch up to us.

"Revenge?" I asked ignoring her last sentence.

"Do you remember the dancing spoon yesterday?" I nod as his question. I bloody remembered it; I was the one who cast the spell.

Ron continued, "Well, Fred and George wanted some payback."

"But why Ravenclaw," I asked.

"Well those charm to animate those spoon was really advance, so Gryffindors was out well maybe Hermione could do it but we all know that she hadn't any sense of humor in her body, ("Hey," yelled Hermione as she hit him in the arm. Ron continued as if nothing happened) the Slytherins was out since they were on the opposite side of the Great and we would have seen someone cast a spell from there, and the word prank wasn't in the vocabulary of the Hufflepuffs that leaves the Ravenclaws. Well they don't know who in the Ravenclaw pranked them last night so they will just prank the whole house," Ron explained.

I was stunned by his explanation. There was a pit in my stomach as I process what he had just said. I had unknowingly set the Weasley twins on a rampage against the Ravenclaw where Cho was. The word 'revenge' echoed through my head.

I was so daze in my thought that I hadn't notice that we had entered the Great hall and we had seated on our usual spot on the Gryffindor table.

An explosion from the Ravenclaw table brought me from my daze.

I watched as the smoke that accompanies the explosion fades.

Ruckus laughter started as the smokes fades. Ravenclaws had their skin changed from their natural color to red and gold stripes.

I quickly looked around looking for Cho.

I sighed in relief seeing that she was unaffected. In fact, she was giggling while her hand covered her mouth.

Our eyes met at that second. I would have savored that moment if not for something that caught my eyes.

Cho was wearing that bracelet I had seen last night in my dreams. It even had the lightning bolt carved in it.

I didn't know why I had done it but I'm glad that I did it.

I pointed at my wrist and winked at her.

I was pleased to see her blush and looked down at her feet.
Sign up to rate and review this story