Categories > Cartoons > Batman

Realistically Speaking, I Love You

by Nuada

Conner kisses Tim, and Tim panics.

Category: Batman - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Batman,Robin - Published: 2014-06-09 - 820 words

?Blocked
Like everything in Tim’s life it had happened simply enough. He had been in his apartment; Conner had come over because he had needed someone to talk to. He had been feeling a little down and had decided that there was no one who would understand his emotional state better than his best friend. They had been sitting on the couch, the television in low as background noise and Conner had been pouring his heart out. He hadn’t meant to tell Tim everything but once he started he couldn’t stop. So now Tim was sitting on his couch, with Conner’s head in his lap as his best friend cried. Tim gently massaged Conner’s scalp with one hand while the other rested on Conner’s chest, holding his hand.

Tim didn’t say anything, as Conner’s tears seemed to finally stop. That didn’t mean that Tim let go of his hand or stopped playing with his hair. He knew all too well what it felt like to have your entire world, everything that you thought that you knew, ripped out from under your feet. This was going to take time, there was no instant fix and he knew that there were no words that he could say that would make every all better. All he could do was sit, wait and be there for Conner.

After what seemed like forever (although Tim would ever admit to thinking that), Conner finally lifted his head out of Tim’s lap, wiping the lingering tears away with the back of his hand. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to fall apart on you like that.”

Tim gave him a sideways smile (he didn’t think that he would have been able to manage a real smile). “It’s okay. Every once in awhile everyone has these moments. They are the ones that seem to go on forever because they are the hardest to get through. I wouldn’t worry about it and I don’t think that you should dwell on your problems. Just because you found out that you are a clone doesn’t change who you are, what you stand for, what you believe in and who your friends are.”

Conner sat all the way up, looking at Tim but not seeing him. He was thinking about what Tim had just said. It was then that he knew. He knew that yes, Tim was his best friend but he also knew that he wanted them to be more than that. He wanted Tim, he wanted to wake to him every morning go to bed with him at night and know that he and Tim were going to grow old together. The knowledge of that was scaring the shit out of him because he had no idea if Tim even felt the same way. As he sat looking at Tim, watching his blue eyes roam over his face he knew what he was going to do. He knew that it might damage their friendship (probably beyond repair if Tim didn’t feel the same way) but he had to try. He had to know how Tim’s lips would feel against his own or how Tim would feel in his arms. If this ruined their friendship then at least he would have the memory to go back to when he was lonely in the middle of the night. So he sat up, leaned forward and brushed his lips lightly against Tim’s, praying that it wouldn’t end with him getting slapped or Tim yelling at him to get out.

For the briefest of moments Tim was quite certain that his heart had stopped, he knew that he had stopped breathing. Then his brain kicked in and reminded his body that it needed to do those things to stay alive. Tim felt Conner’s lips against his own and had to stop himself from melting into Conner. This was more than he could have hoped for but Tim knew that this was more than likely a mistake. Conner was feeling vulnerable, confused and lost. The last thing that he needed was for Tim to be misreading something. Tim was the last thing that he needed.

Tim placed his hands on Conner’s shoulders and pushed him back forcibly enough that the kiss ended. There was a red flush to Conner’s cheeks (probably from embarrassment, there was no way that Conner was attracted to him). “I think you should go. I have a lot of things that I need to do. I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah, sure.” Was the only thing that Conner could think of saying.

Tim got off the couch and headed towards the door. Because his back was turned he missed the look of misery on his best friend’s face. Conner left thinking that he would never see Tim again.
Sign up to rate and review this story