Categories > TV > Gilmore Girls

Fireworks

by Drakefan22 0 reviews

Moving on was needed to be done, but going back to where her heart was left is a chance she'll take.

Category: Gilmore Girls - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2014-06-17 - 627 words - Complete

1Original
A/n: New story. Rory and Jesse pairing. Read it and review it if you want. :) Enjoy!

Luke was just closing his diner. It was 9:00 pm and all he wanted to do was take a shower and get to bed. A lady knocks on the door. "Sorry, we're closed!". He says.

"No, Luke. It's me". He looks up and sees Liz standing with a bag full of suit cases and his nephew along with a taxi cab.

He unlocks the door. He opens it and Liz rushes in with Jesse. "Hey Jesse". Says Luke.

"Hey". Says Jesse.

"Liz....What are you doing here this late at night? Is everything okay?".

"Everything is fine. Listen, I want you to take care of Jesse".

"What's the matter? Are you in trouble?". Says a concerned Luke.

"Can Jesse go into your room? We need to talk".

"Sure. Go on up".

Jesse walks upstairs to Luke's room as he closes the door. "Okay, as I was saying....Luke, I can't do this anymore. I can't....I can't deal with anymore".

"What do you mean? You raised him since he was an infant, so why do you want to dismiss your own son?".

"He's a burden! And he's ruining my life!".

"It's not like you have a lot going on! You drink, and have sex with random guys! Trust me Liz, you haven't exactly provided a comfortable life for him".

"How dare you degrade me! And what about you? You live above your own diner!".

" Yes, I live above my own diner, but I know how to take care of myself and I'm 100% sure I can provide for him much more than you can".

Liz glares at him with a hurt and angry expression. "Look I'm sorry. I went too far".

"No. You're right. I have to go. Tell my son I said best of luck to him in the future".

Liz storms out and Luke asks"Is he in school at least?".

"Nope". She closes the door and goes into the cab. Luke sighs. "That's great. Way to go, Liz". He says/

Luke locks the door and opens the door to his apartment. He shuts off the light to the diner and goes to his room. Walking upstairs he sees Jesse watching TV. He sits on the chair across from him and turns off the TV."What the hell! Why did you do that?".

"Jesse, I have to tell you something. Your mom has left it up to me to be responsible for you. I know I'm always busy because of work but I'll do what I can to be here for you. I want what's best for you which also means that I'll enroll you into school, so you can get you can finish high school and-"

"No!".

"I'm sorry?".

"I'm not going back to school! EVER".

"Why not?".

"I refuse to be in class with a bunch of clowns and school sucks ass".

"Language!".

Jesse rolls his eyes.

Luke huffs."You know what? I'll give you a choice of two decisions". Jesse looks at him as if he wants Luke to continue."You either work for me, or you live somewhere else".

"Will you pay me if I work for you?". Asks Jesse curiously.

"Of course. You'll get paid $7.15 an hour and work from opening to closing time. You'll work as a cashier, help cook, take out the trash, and take people's orders at there tables".

"When will I get paid?".

"Every two weeks. The choice is yours".

"Okay. I'll do it".

Luke gets up and gathers his clothes to take a shower. Jesse grabs a blanket and goes to the couch. Luke sees Jesse sleeping and grins. He goes into his bed and says"This should be fun".
Sign up to rate and review this story