Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > 80

Chapter 1.

by scribblesofaliar 0 reviews

Adeline is trying to lead a normal life. When she gets engaged to normal Greg, she must face the real man she's been married to secretly for three years, Jared. However, when Jared refuses, her h...

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Published: 2014-06-20 - Updated: 2014-06-20 - 1204 words

0Unrated
“80.”

That nickname meant anything and everything to me these days.
Jared’s lips parted slightly and I watched as his tongue darted out to lick them. His eyes were trained on me as I stood in the middle of his hotel room, trying my best to be cool about this. I had to be cool about this.

I had every intention to turn up to his Paris hotel room unannounced, to ask him for his signature on the dotted line of our divorce papers.
Our divorce papers. It made it sound like he was absolutely willing to sign them, willing to let me go on my merry way.
That was so far from the truth.

I swear he hadn’t blinked since he found me in there, smoking a cigarette and searching the room for something to eat.

“What are you doing here?”

I raised my eyebrows. “You know very well why I am here.”

He rolled his eyes “More like...who let you in?”

I bent over to grab what appeared to be a cookie in a small tin in the kitchenette area – what kind of hotel gives you nothing but a cookie? Oh wait...a Paris hotel.
And goddamn, it was sugar free too.

“I speak not of the person who betrayed you; however, it may or may not be...”

“It was Shannon, wasn’t it?”

I shrugged, taking a bite of the cookie.

“Hey, I could have gotten in myself, being your wife and all...”

He sighs, moving toward me. “You could have called.”

“Surprise, baby!” I mumble through a mouthful of cookie.

I turn my back to him to rattle through my handbag, the only piece of luggage that I had brought with me to Paris. I had intended not to be here for too long, I had a wedding to plan, and a life to get back to.

Pulling out the papers I turn around and press them up against his chest with my left hand. The reflection of the huge diamond sitting happily on my ring finger glints under the light of the room. His eyes narrow unhappily.

“So Greg proposed, huh?”

I move my left hand back to my chest and hold it against me, almost protectively.

“Yes. I thought Shan might have told you.”

He sniffs and throws the papers onto the bed, then quickly turns to me, his stance defensive, arms folded across his chest.

“Might have mentioned it.”

I nod. “Well he did, and I need a divorce Jared.”

He ignores the comment and turns around to take off his jacket, then his shoes, then his shirt.
I resist the urge to walk over to him and touch his bare chest. But I wasn’t the same girl he married any more, I wasn’t impulsive like that. He still had an effect on me though, still made me want to take him to bed with me.

It was impulsive and stupid erotic fantasies like that had ended us up married in the first place.

I had been best friends with Shannon Leto for as long as I could remember. He was my rock, and when he needed me, I would drop absolutely everything to be there for him. The same went for me. I had also known his brother, Jared, for the same time.

At Shannon’s Vegas wedding three years ago, where I was his ‘best woman’, Jared and I had drank too much tequila, and married that same night. Neither of us had felt the need to get divorced, and while our sexual attraction still lingered, occasionally when I came to visit Shannon, we would spend the night together. We figured if neither of us ended up with anybody else by the time we hit 60, we would never get divorced, and set up shop together.

It was a stupid fantasy. It was also a stupid idea. Who the hell just married their best friends’ brother, like that? Me. Stupid, too-lazy-to-contact-her-lawyer me.

It wasn’t that I wasn’t attracted to Jared, of course I was. There had to have been something there for us both to marry in our inebriated state. I guess if he was home more, I may have considered giving our attraction another thought.

But it was too hard. I couldn’t live with him being away from me. What kind of relationship was one with a rock star? Phone calls and short visits never did it for me, and I saw what it did to Shannon’s wife, Alicia. She constantly called me hoping for a ‘girl’s night out’ to stop her from missing him. Why anybody would put them self through that, is beyond me.
That was why I had fallen for Greg. Greg was safe, he had a job that let him come home for dinner at 6 every night, he was smart, good looking and cared for me. He took care of us and had a vision for our lives. Jared could never do that for me.

At 35 it was time for me to settle down. I had a perfect life back home in Bozeman, Montana. I owned an antique store and my cat Louis, my home, and my relationships kept me happy. I didn’t need flashy awards shows, sexy musicians and constant change.

“80 you know I’m not signing those.”

My lip curled in an almost-growl. “Don’t call me that.”

Jared was the only person who ever called me 80 anymore, and while I had loved it ten years ago, everybody used my real name, Adeline, or Ad, these days.

I watched as his eyes roamed my body, from head to foot, and scanned my face.

“But I love calling you that.”

My stomach growled then. I wasn’t even sure if it was real hunger, or anxiety from seeing him for the first time since I’d gotten engaged to Greg.

I turned back to him and realised he was way too close for my liking. His blue eyes searched mine, and I tried my hardest to ignore my traitor body, which was practically thrusting in his general direction.

“80...”

I gulped as he moved even closer, as if his body would make me say that it’s okay, I wasn’t going to make him sign those papers.

“Jared...”

His hands wound around me and held me against the wall as his warm breath misted around my right ear. His low chuckle rumbled through me and I felt the need to press my thighs together. Fuck.

“I’m not divorcing you.”

He then spun around and went into the bathroom, slamming the door shut in a whirl.

I stood frozen on the spot for a minute, my breathing labored and my heart pounding as if I’d just ran a marathon. Shit. I didn’t expect him to have this effect on me when I was so goddamn mad at him. The worst part was, he knew it.

I write a note to him;

‘Jared. Sign, or I’ll get lawyers. A.’

Leaving the documents and the note behind on the bed, I leave just as I hear the shower pouring down. I try not to think about him in there.
Sign up to rate and review this story