Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Wanna be best friends?

by DracAttack2019 1 review

Just.. A Fourth of July Frerard (fluff?) I thought of because of the holiday. I wanted to share it sooo.. yup. ^_^ (& I KNOW Frank is more than a year younger than Gerard but I like the ages/t...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2014-07-05 - 896 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ahhh... Summertime. More specifically the month of July. Schools out, bees buzzing, sun glaring, Ice-cream dripping and children playing. Well, except if you lived in New Jersey. Then if you are a child or teen you're most likely either inside your own home trying not to get killed in your dangerous neighborhood; OR (like some other children) at a summer day camp or class.

This was where 7 year old Gerard Way was. At a local summer art class put on by his elementary school. The class was just about to end when the teacher had a final announcement. "Okay class, tomorrow is the Fourth of July. Also known as Independence Day. We won't be having class because of the holiday so I hope you all will enjoy your family BBQ's, cook-outs, fireworks, whatever you may do to celebrate."
Gerard groaned at the word "fireworks". They bothecred him. He disliked the loud noises they make when they go off so he'd just hide in his room and draw with the tv on whatever kids program happend to be on at the time for a distraction. The dismissal bell rang and Gerard got up with the rest of the group and filed out. He decided to go to the kid's playground behind the school and wait to be picked up.

A few kids were already there playing when Gerard walked over. Is was hot outside so Gerard decided to go sit under a large tree that provided a little shade. Plus he wanted to be alone for a few minutes. He didn't like that he'd miss the fireworks for yet another year in a row. Gerard kinda wanted to be brave and experience them so he could see what other kids talked about. But they just weren't his thing. The noise made him think of big guns & cannons and those & Gerard didn't mix...

After about 5 minutes of sitting with his head on his knees Gerard heard someone approaching. He looked up. It was Frank Iero. Gerard and Frank were neighbors and Frank was one grade lower than Gerard but the two never really talked too much.
"What's wrong Gerard?" Frank asked as he sat down beside Gerard.
"Oh, Just this talk of the Fourth of July and Fireworks and Firework displays and more fireworks.."
"What don't you like about fireworks?"
"Well.. It's just the noise really bothers me and makes me think of loud cannons, guns, gun fire.. war related things- and I think war & guns are scary so.. Fireworks are kinda ruined for me". Gerard sighed.

"Well, hey! What if you came over to my house tomorrow evening and we watched the fireworks together? My dad might have some ear plugs or something!"
"Hmmm.. sure. Okay. That sounds fun. I'm sure I'd
be able to, Frank!"
"Okay! Yay! Well I think my mom just got here so I should be leaving soon. I'll see you tomorrow evening Gerard!"
"Okay yeah, see ya Frank!"
******************

The evening of July 4th came around and Gerard Way had finished his dinner and was walking outside to go over to Frank's just as it was about to get dark, with his mom watching him (Hey it's New Jersey. Crazy things could happen).
"Have fun Gerard! Be safe! I love you!" His mom called.
"Yeah I will! Love you too mom!" Gerard called back.

Gerard walked up to Frank's door and knocked. After a few seconds a tall man (who Gerard guessed was Frank's father) answered the door. "You must be Gerard." Frank's dad said with a smile. "C'mon. Frank & his mother are out back." Frank's dad led Gerard in the house then back outside to their back porch. Frank was sitting on the steps leading down watching his mother set up the fireworks. "Gerard!" Frank called. "Over here!" Gerard joined Frank on the steps apprehensively as Frank's dad went to go help get out and set up the fireworks.

"Don't be scared". Frank said turning to Gerard. "Look what I have!" Frank pulled a pair of black earmuffs that had a doodle of a zombie taped to one side and a doodle of a vampire taped to the other side. "Here. You can have these to help block out the noise. They were mine but I don't need them now."
"Wow! Really? Frank, that is so nice of you. These are cool. Thank you!" Gerard said as he took the earmuffs and put them on.

Frank's dad lit the first firework and ran back out of it's path. BOOM BAM! It went as it shot up and exploded into a sparkle of blue and then white. Gerard cringed a little but the earmuffs helped a lot.

Frank reached over and took Gerard's hand. "If we hold hands it won't seem as scary." Frank said with a hopeful smile. Gerard looked up and smiled back at Frank.
"Frank?"
"Yes Gerard?"
"Wanna be friends?"
"Only if we can be BEST friends!" Gerard giggled before pulling Frank into a little hug, almost not paying attention to the sounds of the fireworks because he now had a friend- no! a best friend- who would probably do anything for him.

The two sat and watched the fireworks (which Gerard thought were pretty amazing) for the rest of the night.





***Note: yeeeeaah I know it's a sappy/cute ending. But it's fluff and that's what you get! Haha
Sign up to rate and review this story