Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Dead Rising

Dead Rising

by Spyash2 2 reviews

Three years ago Naruto Uzumaki was marked as K.I.A by his superiors. Found in another dimension with little to no memory of his past or how he got there, Naruto was experimented by the organization...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Naruto - Published: 2014-07-08 - Updated: 2014-07-08 - 5312 words - Complete

4Original
Dead Rising

Prologue

"Is it ready?" A blonde haired, blue eyed teenage boy asked.

A middle aged man with blue eyes and short cut blonde hair nodded. His attire consisted of an open buttoned light green military grade jacket with the sleeves rolled up. Revealing the man's arms. Underneath the jacket he wore a black shirt with dog tags hanging loosely from his neck. A cartridge belt was over the jacket with a sheathed combat knife securely underneath. His combat trousers which were the same colour as his jacket, leather leggings and brown boots were covered in dry mud and blood.

Hanging from his shoulder was an M-16 assault rifle. A M1911 Colt. was holstered securely at his waist.

The boy he is talking to, is Naruto Uzumaki. However, unlike the boy who always wore a smile when he was younger. He is older, wiser, and had a stoic look on him that didn't seem right to see on his face. His bright blue eyes that seemed to draw people in, had dulled over the years he had grown.

Unlike his fellow blonde who was a fully fledged soldier, Naruto wore clothes that were the exact opposite of what he wore when he was younger. There wasn't a speck of orange anywhere on him. Instead the blonde haired, blue eyed teen wore a pair of olive coloured trousers and black boots that are dirtied with mud and dried blood and a light green jacket with the sleeves rolled up to show off his bare arms.

Like his fellow blonde Naruto had a M1911 holstered at his waist. However this one had a silver cameo look to it and was engraved. He also had a M-14 assault rifle too. It being one of his favourite weapons.

"Just about, Naruto." The man answered with a heavy American accent. He frowned looking concerned as he gazed toward the large gate like mechanical structure in front of them. "But are you sure you want to go through with this though? Going back to your birth place I mean?" He questioned as he tore his gaze away from the gateway and back to the kid.

The teen let out a bitter laugh before looking at the man. "Dempsey, we both know I hate the place where I was born. Back there I can scarcely remember being ignored by nearly everyone for most of my childhood. Even if I can't remember much of it, what I do remember leaves bitterness in my mouth that I can't get rid of. " He sighed and shook his head as he ran a hand through his hair.

A little back story is needed for others to understand. Naruto Uzumaki has amnesia. The first thing he remembered upon waking up was him remembering his own name, age and day of birth. Other details such as where he came from, he could not remember. It wasn't long until he was found and promptly knocked unconscious before being taken to some secret facility. It was in this facility where he quickly found the people there were being experimented on by these scientists who are trying to see what side effects element 115 has when they've been injected in to corpses and living people.

He joined them days after he arrived and like the others had undergone the same experiments as the others. This had made his memories, which were barely there to begin with, get even worse than before.

Naruto from then on was a blank slate. Having no memories except his name and age, and being able to talk. This was the primary reason for his change of attire. He didn't like the fact that his clothes were so bright and a new change of attire was needed. Urgently. He quickly learnt the people who were experimenting on him and the others are part of an organisation called "Group 935", who was researching in the ways of creating super soldiers, and super weapons. This involved a lot of experimentation on weapons development, and a lot of people being kidnapped to take part in these super soldier experiments.

It was where Naruto first met Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki for the first time. And through them he met Doctor Edward Richtofen. For months he and the other three were experimented on by the Doctor and his associates, being injected daily with element 115 and being studied for its side effects.

It wasn't long until it was discovered there were several of them. Frighteningly most of these side effects were fatal. The ones who had survived the initial experiments, if he overheard them correctly had lost their memories, but became much more healthier and stronger. Their personalities would under go some changes thanks to these side effects.

Tank Dempsey's attitude becoming a lot more aggressive in nature. Nikolai Belinski becoming a drunkard and himself not wanting to dress in sickeningly bright colours were perfect examples of personality changes.

For those that haven't survived...what Naruto had heard of what became of them were pretty disturbing. Rumour was the dead had been reanimated and came back to life with glowing yellow eyes. But they were always out of control and aggressive. Even more disturbing is they had grown a taste for living flesh.

Thanks to being a blank slate and retaining most of his personality, Naruto was able to befriend Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey fairly quickly. When the three met him for the first time, they were all appalled how a child was under going these experiments and took it upon themselves to look after him. Takeo in particular was furious upon seeing Naruto being dragged away forcibly by scientists to under go more experimentation. It took several people to subdue the man. Such was his fury at the dishonour the men had.

It wasn't long until they began experimenting on other things other than humans. Naruto could vaguely remember Richtofen and...someone called Maxis, or Maxwell, testing a new piece of technology that could theoretically teleport people from one place to another. Their subjects to test these out, were at first the walking dead. But every time they tried to teleport them to the mainframe outside, they always turned up dead. Again.

So they moved on to the living. They couldn't test the test subjects who were being experimented on with Element 115, so they had to use other methods. Such as dogs. That didn't turn out so well however. Edward Richtofen, who had mysteriously gone under some rather drastic changes, betrayed his leader during one of the experiments. Then he set the undead who were trapped loose upon the facility, presumingly killing everyone in the process while he freed Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and himself before bringing them along to Shi No Numa to begin a master plan they had no idea about.

Through their journey together, fighting zombies and other monstrosities, the four began to recover bits and pieces of their past life and learn more about Group 935 and the people who were part of it. A little girl, who was the daughter of Doctor Maxis, or Maxwell, was the one who was sending the dead after them because of what Richtofen did.

Throughout all this, through their journeys, everyone began to realise what was going on. They promised that once this was over and done with, they would take care of Richtofen. They never tried killing him during these different locations however, since he was more useful to them alive than dead.

Plus he seemed to understand what the hell they were doing.

The rest from there is history.

"Do not worry comrade! If you want us to come with, just say word!" Nikolai exclaimed loudly. Nikolai Belinski is garbed in a standard Red Army uniform, with the addition of a cloth tied over his head like a bonnet. He carried a sack on his back. No one ever found out what was in it, but there was a running gag between Dempsey and Naruto that, that is where the Russian keeps his vodka. Since he is always drunk, even in the middle of combat.

"I do want you all to come with me. I want people who I trust to watch my back."

"Good. It would not do if you were to go alone." Takeo said as he walked up to the blonde with a stoic look on his face. The palm of his hand resting on the hilt of his katana. He had a Type 100 hanging from his shoulder. "It would bring me much dishonour, if you were to go alone."

Takeo Masaki is a samurai and a former solider in the Japanese Imperial Army who has a high belief in honour and discipline. To him dishonour is unthinkable and would not hesitate to strike you down should you insult him, his family or his ancestors. After fighting side by side with Nikolai, Dempsey and Naruto he has mellowed out. And he is highly protective of the whisker faced blonde.

Naruto chuckled softly at that. "Out of everyone I know, I trust you three the most."

"Vhat about me?" A feminine voice asked in a thick German accent.

Naruto smiled and turned to the person who spoke. "Correction: I trust the four of you the most."

Samantha Maxis, the daughter of Doctor Ludvig Maxis and their former antagonist who controlled the zombies. After Richtofen had tricked Dempsey and the others into completing his grand scheme, he had switched bodies with Samantha, becoming the new master of the undead while she was trapped in his old body.

Luckily for her she found a body of a teenage girl that was not reanimated when she got off the moon with the others. She was able to possess the body, leaving behind Richtofen's to rot.

Long ago when they were still on the moon neither Tank, Nikolai or Takeo trusted her. After all she had done to them they had no reason to trust her. The three were considering getting rid of the girl once and for all after all the grief she put them in.

Hearing that from them made something snap in Naruto. Getting up in their faces he admonished them. Telling them not to blame her for something that was out of her control. They all knew what Richtofen did to her and her father, and, bringing that point to their attention, he asked them what would they have done in her place? Would they have done the same thing if they were in her position?

The only reason she sent the undead after them in general was because they were helping Richtofen, and after learning what he had done they still helped him when they could have easily turned against him.

It was through Naruto vouching for her that Samantha was allowed to stay with them. But Dempsey gave her a not to subtle warning in front of everyone; "If you stab any of us in the back, there won't be anywhere in the world where you can hide!"

"Good." Samantha said with a relieved smile. "I vould have been vorried if you had forgotten about me."

"I cannot believe we are going to use this teleportal gateway to return to your home comrade!" Belched out Nikolai as he staggered he way toward the group, holding a bottle of near empty vodka in his left hand, and a drum magazine PPSh-41 in his right. "I wonder what is like over there, eh?" He wondered before taking another swig of vodka, emptying the entire bottle in one breath before he tossed it carelessly aside.

Everyone looked toward Naruto expectantly for the answer. Blinking at the looks he was being given Naruto stared for a moment, before he deadpanned at them. "Just because I came from there, you think I know the answer?" He asked, to which they nodded simultaneously, causing him to shake his head. He said to them; "I barely remember anything there. But from what I do remember they are not as advanced technology wise."

"What do they use then if not guns like us?" Dempsey asked, looking suddenly curious.

Naruto rubbed his chin, scrunching his face as he tried to recall what little he remembered from his childhood. "From what I remember in school, the academy, or whatever they called it back there, they use this energy they call Chakra. From what I remember, everyone back home has it and if you're trained from a young age to manipulate it, you can do all kind' of godlike shit. Being able to shoot a stream of fire from your mouth is an example."

There was an astonished silence. It was suddenly broken when Dempsey contemplatively asked, "Can you do that?" This had gotten everyone apart from Naruto to stare at him as if he were an idiot.

Naruto answered by forming a cross sign both with index and middle fingers. Closing his eyes to search for the inner energy he had, he grabbed onto it and as if it were instinct he pushed the energy into his digits.

Soundlessly a cloud of smoke appeared beside him, causing everyone to jump back in alarm and reach for their weapons simultaneously. They were astonished to see, when the smoke cloud went away, another Naruto wearing the same clothing as the original looking around the room curiously.

Hesitantly Tank Dempsey approached the clone, reached up and shoved it lightly on the shoulder. The other Naruto grunted in surprise as he stumbled back a few steps before glaring up at the man who pushed him. In retaliation the other Naruto went over to Dempsey and shoved him back in the same way.

Through all of this Naruto was watching in amusement. What he did just now didn't faze him. He didn't know what would happen when he made his fingers form that hand seal, and push his inner energy toward his digits. But when he did everything from there felt natural to him.

"Well...what do you know? I guess I can do it." Naruto said simply to Dempsey, as if he hadn't done anything that defied all logic in the world. Then the clone dispersed into smoke automatically getting everyone to stare at him with wide eyes. Naruto just blinked at them; "What?"

"Could you do that all this time?" Dempsey slowly asked with a twitching eye.

Naruto not seeing Dempsey's irritation answered honestly; "Honestly? If I did that now, then yes I could have done it back then. But take into account that back then I didn't know much of my own past. I didn't even know I could pull off shit like that, with much of my past gone in the first place."

That answer erased Dempsey's annoyance toward the blonde. It made sense. When they all first met Naruto in Der Riese, he didn't even know where he came from. Much less how to fight. But when the undead were let loose on the facility and Richtofen busted them out, Naruto had been forced to adapt on how to use modern weapons.

He had done this by observing them and copying what they've done. Through that learning process he was quickly able to help fight off the zombies.

"So how does this thing work exactly?" Naruto asked turning to look at the gateway behind him. "I assume we have to let it build enough power before pressing the Big Red Button or something?"

Samantha answered that question rather eagerly. "Vell from vhat I have gathered from my father's notes, it is a gateway to zhat brings you to another locations. It would require a small amount of power to activate." It was here Samantha sighed a little in annoyance. "However, vith vhat you are trying to do – to rip open a rift in the fabric of reality itself – it vould, need a lot more energy than required." She then smiled brightly at them. "Luckily for us however it is nearly done!"

"That is good news!" Naruto replied turning to give Samantha a smile of his own. "So how long until it is completed?" He questioned.

"A few more minutes. It should give us enough time to get ourselves ready for the journey to your world." Samantha answered giddily.

"Da!" Nikolai crowed, punching the air cheerfully. "Let us arm ourselves for new journey to new land! May be they have vodka there too, no?" He questioned looking at Naruto expectantly. Naruto in response shook his head negatively. He wasn't even sure if his home land had vodka other than sake. Nikolai stared blankly; "...no vodka? That is blasphemy for this Russian!" He threw his head back and cried out toward the sky righteously.

Naruto covered his mouth to stifle the laugh that was threatening to come out of his mouth. This was why he liked Nikolai. He was just hilarious. And someone you can get along with. Once you get past the drunkenness first.

"Hey, if they don't have vodka, then may be you can use that to your advantage? Use it to drink people under the table? Since that stuff is so strong it's not like people are going to be able to hold it in." Dempsey suggested to the Russian who liked the idea Dempsey provided.

"That is good idea! Play to my strengths!"

Naruto and Samantha stared at the two with amusement. Takeo was shaking his head in mild annoyance in the background. The American and Russian became the best of friends ever since they were trapped inside that ship in Siberia. They always did have some interesting conversations together. Takeo had always put up with their stupidity. It was a miracle the samurai hadn't snapped at them yet.

Goes to show just how much patience the warrior has.

And so the group waited patently for the gateway to build up the needed amount of power to get it working. They all checked their weapons. Making sure they were all fully loaded and that they had the needed amount of ammo for them.

All of them had M1911 Colt's on their possession. Along with three magazines including the one that was already in the chamber. Naruto and Dempsey for their primary weapons had M-16 assault rifles, along with five magazines along with the one already in the chamber to go with them. Takeo had a Type 100, and had the same amount of ammo as both Dempsey and Naruto. Nikolai had a PPSh-41 with four barrel magazines, including the one already on it, to go with it. Samantha Maxis had an MP40 and three magazines, including the one already in the chamber.

They all turned to the gateway when it suddenly whizzed to life. They quickly backed away when electricity began to shoot through the cables connecting it to the outside. The energy build up was insane. It was so big, so huge, they could actually see the energy racing across the metallic surface of the gateway. Giving it an glowing effect.

Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, Samantha and Naruto looked at one another uncertainly. They weren't sure if this was going to work. The likelihood of this failing and blowing up in their faces was too high. They knew this. The worst that could happen is the structure exploding on them, bringing down the facility they were all in and killing them in the process.

However luck was on their side. Thanks to the notes left behind by Doctor Maxis on the gateway the others, with Samantha translating word for word, was able to adjust the settings. So if the energy build up reached critical, the gateway would automatically turn on while still gathering energy. It was good that had done that too. If they hadn't, not only would the gateway exploded from the overload of electrical power, they would have been killed from the energy released from said overload.

The gateway stabilised after a few tense minutes of waiting. Then in the middle of the structure a portal opened showing the group their reflection. They saw the energy still going inside the contraption, most likely to keep it activated until they'd gone through.

Tank whistled in awe at it. "Dang. For a moment there I thought it wasn't going to work." He admitted. He turned to Samantha and asked; "Out of curiosity here, just what would've happened IF it didn't work?"

The girl shrugged her shoulders looking a little clueless about the results herself. "Your guess is as good as mine. Zhe vorse thing zhat could happen is the machine exploding, killing us in zhe process. Zhe best thing: it vould shut itself down before it could get any vorse."

"Well..." Naruto awkwardly began while scratching the side of his head. "...That's somewhat comforting. I think...?" He looked rather unsure at that. Coughing into his fist the young blonde looked to his companion in arms; "So how should we do this? Hold hands as we walk in just incase we get split up?"

Nikolai shrugged his way past the others and made his way toward the portal with his PPSh-41 shouldered. He stopped just in front of the portal and turned to the others with a what could've been a cool smirk, if it not for the fact he was hammered.

With his weapon raised above his head Nikolai yelled out, "For the Motherland!" while everyone else was watching him in growing disbelief, bewilderment and realization.

"...Please don't tell me he's going to do what I think he's going to do?" Naruto pleaded with dread growing in the pit of his stomach. Before anyone could reply or stop the drunk, Nikolai leapt back into the portal leaving everyone there in a state of disbelief.

There was an awkward silence in the room as everyone tried to comprehend what they saw.

"Yep. The moron just leapt into the thing." Dempsey stated blankly before pinching the bridge of his nose and sighing in mild irritation. He looked up and with another sigh, this one in reluctance, he approached the gateway while bringing the M-16 that was still hanging from his shoulder into his hands. This way he would be prepared for whatever was on the other side of that. And provide Nikolai with some support if he was in way over his head.

Stopping in front of the gateway Dempsey turned halfway to look at the others and gave them a two fingered salute. "I'll see that Nikolai doesn't get himself in trouble. I'll see you all on the other side." With that said the former United States marine turned back to the portal before stepping through, leaving Takeo, Naruto and Samantha own their own.

Suddenly Takeo turned to the two youngsters. Particularly Naruto. He was concerned for the boy. Being ignored by everyone when you were a child. Having no parents to look out for you. Comfort you. Having that done to you as a child is bound to leave some scars. No matter how well they're hidden. With that in mind Takeo reached out to Naruto to take his hand. Seeing this the blonde narrowed his eyes in confusion before looking up.

"Perhaps it is not wise for us to go in separately." The samurai told him. It was mostly an excuse for him to make sure they don't get separated the moment they do step into the portal.

Naruto nodded in confirmation – it did make sense after all - and took hold of his hand, while turning and offering his other one to Samantha who grabbed hold of it with a small smile. Nodding to them Takeo turned to the portal and holding the hands of Naruto and Samantha the three approached the gateway. They all stopped right in front of it then looked at one another before stepping through together as one.

They were all blinded by a flash of light and they felt a sensation covering their body. As if they were being shoved through a tube. Then they felt weightless like they were flying in the sky. Lastly they felt their feet meet solid ground, and the cold biting winds against their skin. The three immediately fell to their knees gasping and gagging, as if they were about to hurl their guts up and out of their mouths.

Hearing footsteps in front of them Takeo, Naruto and Samantha looked up and saw Tank and Nikolai walking over to them. They were frowning and appeared to be dragging something behind them. And that was never a good sign. It was then they finally took in their surroundings. Everything around them was nothing but ashes and dust. No grass. No trees, bushes or flowers. Everything was dead. Even the ground they were kneeling on was nothing but mud, ashes and dust.

"What the hell happened here?!" Naruto exclaimed in shock looking around with eyes wide in disbelief.

"I dunno. But it deals with something we five know all too well..." Dempsey stated before he and Nikolai dropped whatever they were dragging to the ground. Moving out of the way so the three could get a better look, Naruto widened his eyes again, not out of shock but out of anger. The blonde bared his teeth aggressively in an angered snarl.

It was a body. A very decayed body of a nameless man that was missing large chunks of flesh. There were teeth marks on the exposed skin too. His clothes, what remained of it, was a tattered black long sleeved shirt and blue trousers, a torn dark green flak jacket, and arm guards that had claw marks on them.

"God-fucking-dam it..." Naruto cursed under his breath.

Dempsey nodded grimly before looking at the corpse with a deep frown. "Yep. We're dealing with zombies. Again." Dempsey told them.

Sighing Naruto took his M1911 from its holster and aimed the barrel of the gun at the top of the deceased man's head and pulled the trigger. The resounding 'bang' echoed out to the distance. Naruto lifted the barrel from the man's dead and placed the weapon back in his holster with another sigh. He ensured the deceased man wouldn't rise up again.

"At least he won't rise up again to turn anyone else." The young blonde murmured solemnly. Getting up off the ground Naruto patted himself down and looked around. The portal the five came out from was long gone now, so there was no turning back for them. "I wonder where the hell we are?"

"You don't know?" Dempsey asked incredulously.

"Of course I don't know! I have amnesia, remember?" Naruto replied irritatingly. Shaking his head Naruto looked around again before bringing M-16 to his front and in his hands. "Let's just...see where we are in terms of location first of all. If there are zombies about I want to know where the hell they're coming from."

Dempsey gestured Naruto to take the lead. "Then lead on kid. We'll follow since you know this place better than we do."

Naruto growled in irritation. "I have amnesia dammit!" He complained but took point anyway.

Smirking with amusement Dempsey followed the younger blonde and made sure to stay close to him. The others were quick to follow and do the same as Dempsey. They were rather protective of the young blonde they had befriended. Even if he could handle himself they still want to make sure he's safe from harm.

They watch out for one another.

It's what friends do after all.

It is what Naruto would do.

--------------------------------------------------------

Authors note:
/]
[/Got a few messages from my fans to continue this one shot. They said that the plot was interesting and there are too few of these types of stories on the site. So I thought I'd give it a try, but since I have another story in the works at the moment, this story may not be as updated as the other one.

/]
[/Now considering the ninja of the Narutoverse are able to pull off supernatural abilities like it's the norm for them, I decided to make the enemy (the zombies) of the story a lot more difficult. To understand what I mean by this you have to have played the mini-game, or seen a few people on Youtube playing it.

/]
[/But for those who don't know; in the zombie mini-game, the further you get into the game the harder it is for you to kill zombies. So with the points you gathered by killing the zombies who are trying to kill you, you have to open doors and new areas and buy more powerful weapons in order to survive. You can also buy perks and get power drops to increase your chances of survival.

/]
[/In this story there are six different types of zombies:

/]
[/1) The walkers. You usually see them stumbling or limping around with their arms outstretched in front of them. They are the most common enemy the heroes of this story will encounter.

/]
[/2) The runners. These are zombies that run instead of walking. In the mini-game they usually appear during and after the 4th round.

/]
[/3) The sprinters. These are just like runners, but are much faster and can easily catch up to you. If you played the classic zombie mini-game - which was called Nazi Zombies back then - you would have encountered these sons-of-bitches in the map Verruckt.

/]
[/4) Hellhounds, monkeys any animal type. You first encounter these types of zombies on Shi No Numa in Nazi Zombies, and you meet them again in Der Riese. You encounter the monkeys in Ascension and Shangri-la in Call of Duty: Black Ops. They also have a special ability that makes them unique from the others. An example would be being able to teleport a few yards in front of you.

/]
[/5) The fifth zombie type. You encounter these bad boys in Shangri-la. They are are able to use a single element such as fire or wind. The first one, the pyro zombie, was able to burn anything it touches and would explode whenever you got close to it. What was bad about this guy was that it is impervious to damage and to get rid of it you get to get close to it and make it explode. The other one is able to use wind to disorientate and blind you.

/]
[/Unfortunately the 5th type zombies have no name.

/]
[/6) Super zombies. These are what I like to call "overpowered to the extreme". You first encounter this type of zombie in Call of the Dead at the very beginning of the game. George A Romero, is one of the "Super Zombies" merely because he is so difficult to get rid of. Not to mention he cannot die! You encounter them again in Moon as "fake astronauts". The ironic thing? These zombies have the names of the hosts friends above them. Like Romero, they are difficult to kill; but unlike Romero they can be killed. They only come back after a few rounds...

/]
[/So the list above are the six different zombie types that are in this story. While some zombie stories I've seen are good the majority of them have the ninja so incompetent that they can't outrun slow stumbling corpses and blast them with jutsu after jutsu a safe distance away. In this story, with every encounter the zombies have with the ninjas, they slowly learn the methods the ninjas attack and adjust accordingly.

/]
[/Plus since they're already dead and have no chakra, most chakra focused attacks will not affect them. For example; ninja techniques like genjutsu or the Eight Trigrams the Hyƫga can do, won't do shit on them. They're dead. There is no chakra for them to affect. That doesn't mean an elemental chakra attack won't be effective against them however.

/]
[/So to be clear with you all: zombie types 1-4 the ninja will be able to handle. 5 and 6, they can handle but with a lot of difficulty.
Sign up to rate and review this story