Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Devotion

Daydream

by brynn_parker 15 reviews

...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Tsunade - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-08-09 - Updated: 2006-08-10 - 4280 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9: Daydreams

----

Kakashi smiled pleasantly as he slowly crept towards consciousness, his face pressed against a very soft pillow. Everything was so warm...and someone had kindly taken off his shirt and mask for him the previous night.

His hand led his fingers to lightly scrape against the pillow, and it moved slightly. He grinned, not exactly sure what of what he was lying on, but sure that it felt very good. And then he hit something else. Something that was poking out of the pillow. This sudden disturbance caused a wave of pain to go through his head.

Oh, yeah...

He had a hangover.

His head spun as he unsteadily got up and looked down to see Sakura, her shirt zipped open to reveal a pair of beautifully shaped breasts. He wished that he wasn't so damn hung over, otherwise he would have been able to appreciate those breasts better...but the excruciatingly acidic feel of bile rising in his throat due to all the alcohol intake the night before was hampering that ability.

His eyes wandered down from her chest to her well-toned abs. She was flawless. More beautiful than any woman he'd ever slept with, there was no doubt about it. And he still didn't know if he'd ruined everything.

At that moment, he didn't really care.

The copy ninja quickly got up and ran to the bathroom.

----

A pair of green eyes opened to the sudden lack of warmth and the sound of retching just down the hall. Where am I...holy shit...why am I naked...

Sadly enough, you're not completely naked.

What do you know about this!

Well...I know that you're going to have to get up and find somewhere to throw up.

Her stomach lurched and Sakura did as her alter ego told her, quickly going to the sink and trying to relax as she got rid of all the alcohol that had built up in her system. Her throat stung, and her stomach was still twisting into knots. She fumbled for a glass in the cabinet and quickly filled it with water, forcing herself to drink it down and sooth her burning throat. The cool water did little to make her feel better...and Kakashi was walking out of the bathroom in just a few minutes, stumbling a little as he tried to find a seat at the table.

"Sorry if you're offended at me seeing you naked," he said calmly.

"Eh, I guess I was planning on that happening eventually."

Not the answer he'd been expecting...but, then again, he didn't really know what he had been expecting. "And now?"

"I'm not in the right mind to answer that question right now.

A few minutes passed. Sakura took a sip of her water, offering some to Kakashi. He said he'd get his own, so she sat down as he unsteadily rose to get a glass.

More silence.

"Look at this...I'm drunk because of you, damn it," he said, finally speaking after Sakura had thrown up a couple more times and drank a few more glasses of water. Suddenly feeling self conscious, she pulled her shirt a little more over her breasts; she'd found that the zipper was broken just a few seconds after she'd first rushed to the sink.

"It's not my fault. Misunderstanding on your part," she replied, "So it's your fault."

He didn't really care much, and he really didn't want to keep playing the blame game. "OK...it is my fault. And the thing is, I never get drunk. I'm a control freak. And in order to be in control, you have to make sure you're never intoxicated."

Sakura snorted. "I always suspected that you were a control freak."

"Mm."

The kunoichi, coming to her senses again as the morning wore on, looked across the table at him as he picked up his own glass of water and took a sip. "Well...at least we didn't sleep together."

Kakashi shrugged. "Would it have been a bad thing?"

"Well...it wouldn't have been special."

It was Kakashi's turn to laugh. "Special?"

"I'd never slept with anyone before Sasuke ra...you know."

Silence. Sakura could almost hear the crickets chirping. Her ears rang and she felt the beginnings of a killer headache that would probably last all day.

The tone of his voice wasn't too pleased when he finally spoke. "Why didn't you tell me?"

She shrugged, and then winced as a throb of pain shot through her skull. "I didn't think it was that important...I trusted that you would make it special anyway. Because I trust you. And...yeah, to answer your earlier question about seeing me naked...I still...uh...want to...well, you know..."

He nodded to acknowledge her, but her eyes were cast down. He'd been a real jackass earlier...and all for nothing, he quickly realized. "So you still want..." He trailed off. "Sakura, I'm sorry." When she didn't answer, he raised an eyebrow. "Sakura?"

A quiet snore emitted from the girl. She had dozed off again.

Kakashi drank a few more glasses of water to rehydrate his body and then got up, testing his balance so that he could carry Sakura back to the couch. She was teetering dangerously on the edge of her chair, and he didn't want her falling and waking up again...he knew it would be better to just lay her down on the closest piece of furniture and then go back to sleep himself.

The girl was heavier than he expected. Well...she's muscular... he thought vaguely, tripping over his own thoughts. Her hair tickled his arm, and he looked down at her as he placed her on the couch, making sure to get a blanket and cover her with it. She curled up under it quickly, as if it was where she belonged.

He could envision her belonging there...sleeping on that couch for a nap before retiring to bed with him every night...

He chose to blame the drunkenness for that particular thought.

----

Sasuke glared over at Naruto, who was still passed out on the bed and snoring in the one room apartment. Sasuke himself had been set up on the couch, Naruto providing him with an old pillow and blanket out of a musty old closet. The blonde had kept the quiet Uchiha heir up until the wee hours of the morning with constant chatter, and then had gone to sleep only to leave Sasuke to deal with the sound of his loud snoring.

The topics of Naruto's discussion had been broad. General life in the village; his journeys with Jiraiya; he and Sakura's commencement to Jounin, and he and Hinata's developing relationship. It hurt to know how much had happened in his absence, to know that everyone else had already surpassed him and gone off with their lives without him. He had been gone, trying to gain more and more power, and his comrades ended up being stronger than himself in the end. Sasuke would now be looked at as weak; and a traitor to his village, at that. It seemed like he'd almost expected for everyone to just stop living when he lived...but apparently everyone was just fine without him.

A loud snore emitted from Naruto and Sasuke twitched in annoyance...he didn't know if he wanted to be back here after all that had happened.

He wanted to die.

But Sakura...Sakura made it alright to be back in Konoha. Even if she was with Kakashi...he clenched his fist at the thought of them together...no, she couldn't be with Kakashi.

Sasuke convinced himself that it wasn't her being with someone other than himself...it was about her being with Kakashi; their old teacher. It wasn't right. Sakura should be with someone young and capable, who could care for her and help her raise a family. For a shinobi, Kakashi was already getting on in years; still going on dangerous missions at thirty-four, it didn't seem like he would stop anytime soon, and if he died - which wasn't unlikely - it would devastate Sakura. Better for her to be with someone supportive...

It all seemed perfectly reasonable. Now he just had to figure out what to do about it.

Naruto yawned and Sasuke turned around to see the blonde sitting up and stretching his now muscular arms up above his head, his mouth wide and his eyes squinty. He turned towards the dark-haired young man, grinning. "Gooood morning, Sasuke!" he said, his tone of voice matching his expression, "Breakfast?"

"What have you got?" Sasuke replied quietly.

"Eh, ramen...lots of ramen. And some snacks. With lotsa sugar."

Sasuke let himself smirk. "You'd think that after all this time you would start eating better..."

"Sakura always tells me I'm going to collapse on a mission if I keep going with this diet," he finished with a chuckle, getting up and walking to the pantry to pull out some snack food. He didn't notice as Sasuke put his elbow on the table and leaned his head into his hand, letting out a groan.

"How did...how did she get better after I...after the rape."

Naruto turned back towards him with some kind of pastry stuck in his mouth, gulping it down quickly. "I'm guessing you mean Sakura..." When he didn't get an answer, he continued. "Well...it was hard for her. She had nightmares...which apparently were caused by...you know, the Sharingan..." Sasuke nodded, and the blonde continued. "And then she really started getting better with Kakashi...I don't know what they did, but I guess the best person to ask would be Kakashi."

Sasuke sulked. "Yeah." Naruto's eyebrows shot up into his hairline as he stuffed another pastry in his mouth, and Sasuke mirrored the expression. "What?"

The blonde shook his head, frowning. "I'm not as dense as I used to be, Sasuke...I've been in a successful relationship for more than a year now. And I think that you...you're jealous?"

Sasuke shook his head hastily. "No, Naruto...I'm not jealous."

Naruto snickered. "Yes you are...you're jealous of sensei because he's with Sakura..."

"I don't know if it's a laughing matter," Sasuke said coldly, "Do you honestly feel like this is...appropriate?"

Naruto shrugged. "Well...I didn't at first, but it seems like he really wants to take good care of her...I mean, normally people would think that an older guy is with a younger girl because he wants to take advantage of her...but Kakashi would never do that to Sakura."

"What if he dies, Naruto?"

"Well, if he really cares about her he'll be more careful."

"You think he'd do that?"

The blonde crossed his arms, looking up at the ceiling and twisting his face in thought. "Well...yeah, I think he would."

Not exactly what Sasuke wanted to hear.

----

Kakashi was the first to wake up again, proceeding to get up despite the splitting headache and dry mouth he had at that moment. Sakura was still lying on the couch, a slight frown on her face as she slept. A grin crept its way onto his face as she tossed her head on the pillow. Her pretty pink hair was matted against the pillow...it hadn't been a good night.

"Kakashi..." she murmured breathily. His skin tingled involuntarily at the way she said her name.

She was most definitely having some very interesting dreams about him.

----

Sakura smiled as she rolled over, letting Kakashi draw her into his chest as early morning light peeked through the window.

"Mm...I'm so happy to be here with you..." she murmured. His hands traveled up her sides and along her naked breasts and she sighed in pleasure.

His lips found their place on her jaw and he laughed quietly. "Me too..."

They lay there for a few more moments as he let his hands move along her skin, setting a fire wherever they went. She could feel his arousal, and she turned her head back towards him to capture his lips, letting him know about all of the love that she was feeling for him.

A cry came from the other side of the bed, and Sakura pulled away from him, smiling in regret. "Hmm...gotta go take care of the baby."

----

"Hmm...gotta go take care of the baby."

Kakashi's eyes shot towards Sakura after that phrase. So she's had that daydream too, huh...?

No. He could never have a family. He'd had this debate with himself a thousand times, and there was simply no way that he could ever settle down. Being a Jounin was his life, and he couldn't give it up. There was nothing else he could do...no other way for him to make money, or to be a part of the village. He lived for fighting and missions.

Could he live for Sakura?

----

A smile crept onto her face as she looked down at her baby and Kakashi walked up behind her, putting his hands on her shoulders. "Uh...how's the kid?" he asked, still unsure of what to call their child.

"He's fine," she said, "Babies cry a lot, that's all."

He grunted in acknowledgement and reached a hand past her to vaguely brush a hand over the boy's silver hair. "I'm so glad we're doing this...didn't think you'd actually convince me, but I guess it all worked out."

"It makes me kind of glad Sasuke ran away in the first place...otherwise I wouldn't be with you now."

Sakura's eyes snapped open to see Kakashi snoozing in his chair across the room. Her dream had reminded her that she had an appointment with Tsunade today for a blood test...just a precaution to check for any viruses she might have picked up through her injuries. Sakura had completely forgotten about it after all the excitement with Sasuke's return and she and Kakashi's growing relationship. Luckily, the appointment was late enough in the afternoon that she could get over her hangover before going...hopefully there wouldn't be any trace of alcohol left.

She returned to her place at the table to have some more water and try to let her headache pass. She had a bad feeling about this blood test...though she didn't know for what reason.

"Good morning," Kakashi mumbled. She looked up to see him going into the kitchen and refilling his glass of water. "Or...afternoon..."

"It's not so good, actually..." Sakura grumbled, "Can't believe I got so drunk last night..."

"Well, it was nice while it lasted," he responded happily, "You've still got a headache?"

"Yeah...you've already recovered?"

"Not quite. But I'm alright."

She nodded, and a moment of silence passed between them before she cleared her throat to speak again. "You know, my appointment with Tsunade is today."

"Yes, I do."

Sakura blushed. "You do?"

"I was planning on taking you."

"Oh. I was planning on going on my own."

He raised an eyebrow. "You want to go on your own?"

"Not really." She smiled up at him. "If you don't mind going and just waiting for me, I would appreciate it. Because, well, I'd like to come back with you later..." She laughed awkwardly. "Maybe we could go out and get something to eat as well?"

He stared at her in surprise for a minute before organizing his thoughts. "Uh...yeah, dinner."

She laughed again. "Alright."

----

Sasuke slid off the examination table, pulling his shirt back onto his shoulder as the seal there pulsed blue again after Tsunade's examination. The older woman sighed, putting her hands on her hips. "Well, Sasuke...everything still looks fine. Of course, I'll see you again in three days...and then another week again after that. But it looks like the seal is holding up."

He nodded. "It seems that Sakura's become a great medic."

"She has," Tsunade replied, "Look, Sasuke...I want you to give her plenty of space."

Sasuke winced at the cutting edge on her voice. "Believe me...I will." The look the Hokage was giving him was unnerving, but he returned it with just as much intensity.

"Oh, am I too early?"

They both looked up to see Sakura standing in the doorway with Kakashi, who had an eyebrow raised questioningly. Tsunade shook her head. "No, no...Sakura, come on in. Kakashi, I'm going to need you to wait outside. Sasuke, if you'd stay for a few more minutes while I take care of Sakura, I'd like to discuss some things with you later."

Both men nodded, and Kakashi raised a hand in goodbye before leaving the room with Sasuke.

To put it nicely, things were very awkward between the two of them. Sasuke seethed silently, unable to control his possessiveness and bad temper at Kakashi's complete ignorance. Kakashi had immediately pulled out an Icha Icha book, letting himself be absorbed into it just like the old days.

"Naruto told me about you and Sakura," Sasuke grated out, finally breaking the ice. Kakashi didn't even look up.

"I figured as much."

The Uchiha heir scowled at how cool the copy ninja was. "You really think it's appropriate for you to have a relationship?"

Kakashi sighed. "Even if it's not, she's too stubborn for me to back out now. I'm sorry if it offends you...seemed to offend Naruto as well. But you have nothing to worry about. I promise I'll take good care of her."

Sasuke raised an eyebrow. "So you'll quit working high ranked missions?"

The older man let a lazy eye drift up to the angry Uchiha. "I don't think that's something I need to be discussing with you, Sasuke. This is between me and Sakura...and I would appreciate it if you didn't intrude in my personal life."

"As Sakura's friend - "

Kakashi cut him off, anger rising in his usually calm voice. "As Sakura's friend, you wouldn't have let something so terrible happen to her. You wouldn't have left for your own selfish reasons and endangered your loved ones in the first place."

That's when Sasuke choked. He didn't have an argument for that.

----

Sakura rubbed her arm to make the sting of the blood test she'd just had go away. "So when will you have those test results?"

"Just a couple hours from now..." Tsunade started, putting down the syringe and then turning back towards Sakura and crossing her arms. "So I'll see you in two hours...at about eight?"

"Yeah," Sakura replied.

----

Kakashi was extremely thankful when Sakura and Tsunade emerged from the hospital room, the Hokage immediately taking Sasuke and leading him down the hall to her office. Sakura waved goodbye to him and Kakashi got up, putting his book in his pocket. "So what's the news?" he asked as they left the building.

"I have to come back at eight and find out what my results are...so I guess we can just have dinner first?"

He shrugged. "Alright...how about we get some take-out and eat at my place?"

Sakura smiled at him and nodded. "Sounds great."

Kakashi smiled at her before changing the subject. "Sasuke seems to be very worried about you."

She groaned. "Naruto told him, didn't he..."

"Yes," Kakashi responded, "And Sasuke is concerned that I'll be leaving you out of the blue."

"Obviously he doesn't know how good you've been to me the past few years."

The copy ninja glanced over at her, his expression unreadable. "I'm glad you trust me."

They continued on in silence. Sakura was glad to know that there was always a possibility of comfortable silences...because that's what it was now. They were both in their own thoughts, simply enjoying each other's company. A few villagers walked past them, and Sakura greeted each of them politely. Nobody had been told what had happened to her...she'd chosen not to have the publicity, even if it meant the kindness of the people. She'd officially been "injured on duty" and nothing more.

----

Dinner was also very quiet. They sat down at the small table in Kakashi's dining room and ate quickly, Kakashi sitting back in his chair and yawning when he finished. Sakura followed suit, glancing at him across the table. His eyes seemed to be drooping shut - he'd pulled his mask down around his neck to eat. The kunoichi looked at the clock, standing up and stretching while yawning herself. "We've still got another hour."

A warm mouth covered hers as she began to open her eyes and she gasped in surprise and pleasure when the hands belonging to the owner of that mouth danced across her ribs and settled on her hips. He pulled his mouth away and she felt his steady breathing on her lips, making her want to kiss him again. "An hour, huh?"

"Or maybe a little less now," she responded. She was all too conscious of the hands still on her hips, forcing her body to buzz with excitement at the night to come.

"Well then let's make the most of it."

----

The technician in the lab that night yawned as he finished testing the blood of one of Tsunade's students. It had been a long day...a long two weeks, in fact. All that excitement over the Uchiha boy had left everyone at the hospital exhausted.

He picked up the report and walked out into the hallway and down to the Hokage's office, finally coming to the door and knocking lazily. A call to come in came from the inside and he complied, turning the knob and bringing the report with him.

"Here's the report you asked for, Hokage," he said, trying to be as respectful as possible.

The older woman nodded firmly, "Thank you, you can go home now."

He said goodbye, but she was already poring over the papers.

Dead air hung in the room as Tsunade clicked a pen on her desk. "OK...OK..." Her eyes widened. "Oh, shit..."

----

Sakura moaned as she slowly fell back onto the couch while Kakashi massaged the inside of her mouth with his tongue, unaware of what his hands were doing at that moment. She gasped when she realized that the humming noise she was hearing was the zipper on her dress slowly inching downward, and her hips thrust up towards him involuntarily. A gasp escaped his own throat and he sighed her name. "Sakura..."

She opened her eyes and watched him focus on delicately pulling her shirt away from her breasts, revealing her bra. Her skin tingled when he dragged his hand lightly down into her cleavage, and she lifted herself up just enough for him to pull his hands up and push her sleeves slowly off of her shoulders, followed by her bra. A blush spread across her skin as he looked over her torso unabashedly.

A nervous laugh pulled his eyes to hers. "Uh...you're making me a little nervous..."

He shook his head. "You don't need to be...you're beautiful."

She'd barely even smiled before he leaned in to her chest and began to trace kisses across her collar bone and down across her breasts.

His tongue. Too long. Like a snake.

She yelped and he pulled away from her quickly. "Are you alright?" he asked immediately, the concern showing on his face.

"I...I keep on remembering," she replied quietly. Her arms lifted themselves up on their own, twining around his neck. "Please make those memories go away...I want you to get rid of it all."

The clock chimed. Kakashi winced, giving her a chaste kiss before getting up and letting her follow. She picked up her shirt from the floor, shrugging it on and zipping it up.

"Do you want me to go back with you?" he asked.

"No...Tsunade'll make you wait outside anyway...you can stay here."

And then she was gone.

Kakashi had never been one for romance. Because he really hadn't had any serious relationships in the past. The women he'd slept with before had usually been one-night stands, and nothing ever lasted longer than a few weeks if it lasted at all. He traveled often, went on lots of missions...he just didn't have the time to fall in love.

He slowly regained his sanity and stability after he and Sakura's little adventure, picking up the dishes from the table and scrubbing them in the sink. He was completely clueless as to his next move; should he prepare something for when she got back? Should he go wait in the bedroom?

Of course, while he was clueless as to what was romantic, he was experienced in regard to pleasure. He'd slept with plenty of women...and he planned on employing every skill he'd gained over the years to make Sakura forget about the rape.

Soon enough, Sasuke wouldn't have any claim on Sakura.

He heard the door shut quietly in the front room and he walked towards it, frowning. "Sakura...are you back already?"

The kunoichi was leaning up against the door, a solemn, unreadable look on her face. He walked towards her, his frown growing. "Uh...are you hurt? What's wrong?"

Green eyes filled with tears as his hands gripped her shoulders.

"I'm pregnant."

----

A/N: Mwahahahaha...evil cliffie. Hehehehe...so review and you shall get another chapter!

This chapter took FOREVER to write. I kept on not knowing what to put in, so I'd just have these random conversations...I don't like it very much. And I feel like the lime is OK...but that's all. Not excellent. But just OK.

So please tell me what you think! REVIEW!

Love you all very much,

--Kat
Sign up to rate and review this story