Categories > Original > Poetry

Inner Beauty

by Thiaf 0 reviews

A one shot haiku dedicated to the virgin goddesses: Hestia, Athena, and Artemis.

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2006-08-10 - Updated: 2006-08-11 - 201 words - Complete

0Unrated
A haiku dedicated to the three virgin goddesses: Hestia, Athene, and Artemis, or any other person who is an individual.

I know it isn't perfectly done, sentence wise, but it has 17 syllables.

This is obviously about what's inside and the inner beauty that is in us all.

Disclaimer: I must do this...I don't the gods and goddesses, the ancient Greeks did.

Now I know this may not exactly qualify as original, but there isn't a Greek mythology section on the site so I was left with the poetry section.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inner Beauty

Virgin goddesses:
Have beauty of their own, more
deeper than Venus.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not insulting Aphrodite, she's just the best example to use and I used her Roman name because of the 17 syllable rule.

A/N: Now about the virgin goddesses, I'm not saying because their virgins they're prettier then Aphrodite. It's who they are. You'll have to know who Artemis, Athena, and Hestia are. Artemis and Athena were practically tomboys and Hestia was the gentlest goddess, and the title is sort of emphasizing at what I'm getting at.

If this seems familiar to you, it's not a coincidence. This has also been posted up at my FF.net account.
Sign up to rate and review this story