Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unlikely

Interlude: The Children & Their Meeting

by Brother_G 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres:  - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-09-14 - 243 words - Complete

0Unrated
April 29th, 1997

"Ah."

"Indeed. Ah."

"And you're Harry?"

"Well, so are you."

"You know what I mean."

"Yeah. Well, I think I'm real. Maybe you're the dream."

"And I think that I'm real."

"Let's give each other the benefit of the doubt then."

"I can agree to that."

"Were you expecting this?"

"Not really. But I suppose that it isn't outside the realm of possibility. Are we all good on your end?"

"Ready when you are. Do you think that it'll work? The Field?"

"We probably won't ever find out for sure. We'll always have to worry about confirmation bias."

"Well if we can… What if we could communicate? After the switch back."

"That might be dangerous. What if we switched all over again?"

"We know what happened this time, don't we?"

"I suppose so. I still don't know if it's possible, though. And as it is, we're in the middle of a chain reaction right now. I don't know if we could do… this, and prevent a switch in the end."

"Well let's try to do it, at least."

"Sure. Oh, um…"

"Yes?"

"Well… I'm not a genius, but I can read between the lines. And I can make assumptions. It would be easy to wonder. Only sane to wonder, I would think."

"Huh?"

"You aren't just a tool to him. I want to make sure that you know that. Because I would have doubts. I did have doubts."

"…"

"Harry?"

"Thank you."
Sign up to rate and review this story