Categories > TV > Supernatural > Alternate Reality

Sweet Dreams

by FrankIsMySexGod 0 reviews

Penina has a bad day, but it ends quite well.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-11-08 - 3236 words

0Unrated
I’m not the sort of person to be camera shy. I was quite the opposite in fact. However, as soon as people got whiff of Jensen being in England the media and fans started having a field day. People spotted him when we were in Telford with Hozzie, so people are under the impression that he’s starting to be a bit creepy. The fans online are going on and on about who Hozzie and I could be. I told Hozzie she could tell the people closest to her and I’d try and make the announcement happen as soon as possible. As usual, she was amazing about it. She told me she would only tell her family and that’s it. I couldn’t ask for a better person to go through this with. However, it was Saturday which meant we had to leave the hotel, which in turn meant we had to be as careful as possible not to get spotted by anyone.

“Look, if you want we can ask Cooper to come over here, he said he’s fine with it.” Jensen said to me. I shook my head.

“No. I think it’d be better if we go there. We just have to be careful getting in and out the car. We’re going to be spending a lot of time at the airport tomorrow anyway so someone’s bound to spot us unless we’re really careful. Besides this is going to come out eventually, right?” I asked. He nodded my head.

“Yeah, sure. But only when you’re ready. For now we just need to get to Cooper’s house safely. Are you ready?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Let’s go.” I said. I grabbed my messenger bag which had my phone and laptop in it in case I needed to look something up or needed to stay at Cooper’s house for a while, which if the fans or paparazzi had found us, we might have to. We quickly made our way to the car which wasn’t too far from the hotel and thankfully it seemed as though nobody had spotted us. We then went to Cooper’s house. He opened the door quickly just in case there was anybody following us, then we all sat down in his living room.

The house definitely seemed a lot tidier than the other day, only it was filled with packed boxes. It seemed as though we were sitting on one of the only things he hadn’t yet packed. Jensen and Cooper greeted each other somewhat awkwardly. It’s not that unexpected if your father is about to spend time with a teacher who knows more about me than he does himself.

“Thank you for being here.” Cooper said.

“Thanks for inviting us. It’s a nice place you have here.” Jensen said.

“No it’s not.” I joked making Cooper laugh, which always makes me smile. Jensen was obviously confused, but he obviously liked how we got along so he clearly didn’t question it.

“Yeah, I’ve got to agree with you Penina. It’s awful. But luckily I’m going to be moving to LA in a couple of weeks, so I don’t have to put up with it for much longer.” Cooper said.

“Oh yeah, I’ve actually got the keys for you. They were sent to me yesterday.” Jensen said, pulling Cooper’s new keys out of his pocket.

“That’s great. Thanks Jensen.” Cooper said taking them off him.

“No problem, and your car will be shipped to you a week after you get there, but you’ll get a courtesy car until it arrives.” Jensen said.

“Wow. I’m literally getting the best job ever, and I want to say that I’ll be ready as soon as Penina is, so the second she wants to do some work I’ll be ready.” Cooper said.

“Wow Cooper, stop flirting with my long lost father.” I said making him laugh again. Even Jensen cracked a smile.

“Okay then missy, what do you want to ask us then?” Cooper asked.

“I don’t really know.” I answered.

“Well then can I ask a question?” He asked. I nodded. “How are you feeling?”

That was actually a pretty good question. Besides me finding the man I’ve been wondering about my whole life, discovering the truth about my real mum and having my other mum practically disowning me, not to mention the fact that I’m moving to the other side of the world to start a whole new life which I may or may not even enjoy, I’m feeling surprisingly great. But because of all those things, I’m feeling pretty shitty and scared.

“I’m fine.” I answered. Cooper clasped his hands together.

“Just fine?” He countered.

“I’m tired, but apart from that, yes. I’m fine.” I answered.

“You’re not nervous or worried at all?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Maybe. But I’m fine.” I answered.

“How can you be fine if you’re nervous or worried?”

“Because I’ve been both nervous and worried before. In fact I’ve been so sad that I’ve been on the verge of death before so I’m pretty sure I’m okay right now.” I said rather coldly. I didn’t mean for it to sound mean, there was just no way it could be made to sound at all peppy.

“Wait, what? You’ve been on the verge of death before?” Jensen asked sounding almost broken.

“Well I’m still here, so that’s a big plus I guess. But I’m feeling better. In fact, I’m feeling perfectly fine.” I said.

“No you’re not, Penina. But I can promise you that it will be fine. We’ll do whatever you need.” Cooper said.

“What? You don’t believe me?” I asked getting kind of agitated at whatever it is that he’s suggesting.

“It’s not that. I just don’t think you know exactly what you’re feeling and you’re still in shock.” He continued.

“Except I am fine and you have no idea what you’re on about.” I snapped. I then closed my eyes and took a deep breath. “Sorry.” I mumbled.

“Penina, I know that you’re going through a lot. I know for a fact that you’ve been through more hell than most people have in a lifetime, and I also know that you don’t always know what you’re feeling right away. It sometimes takes years for you.” He said. I then stood up becoming increasingly angrier at him.

“What the hell gives you the right to bring that up? I told you that in confidence.” I said. Even though I was as angry as I was, my voice still quavered and I know that my stance didn’t make me look like the surest person in the world.

“I’m not bringing it up, Penina. You know I’m not. I’m just saying that this is something very big. I know it’s completely different but it’s still as big as this. You may not know how you feel right now. That’s all.” He told me. I grabbed my bag and started storming to the door.

“Penina, are you okay?” Jensen asked.

“Ask Cooper. He seems to be the expert on my emotions.” I answered irritably. I went out the door and slammed it on both of them. I guess it wasn’t the best start to this whole chapter of my life, but he riled me up so much I just had to explode somehow.

Seeing as how recent the drive here was I knew the direction of the town centre, so I headed in that direction. It couldn’t have been more than a 5 minute walk until I reached it. I saw a hairdressers and decided it might make me feel better to get my hair done how I’ve always wanted it. It’s not like I was in a hurry to go back anyway. The second I walked in it felt completely weird. I wasn’t the centre of attention. People were completely indifferent to me walking in. It was a nice break from the last few days. I went to the receptionist and after hanging up the phone she looked at me with a forced smile.

“Hello. Can I help you with anything?” She asked.

“How much would it cost to make my hair completely rainbow coloured?” I asked. Her face altered slightly. She clearly wasn’t expecting such a bold request, however she looked up the price anyway.

“That’ll be £85, and a cut and blow-dry will be £15 more.” She answered. I knew I had enough so I paid her the cash up front.

“How long will it take?” I asked. She looked incredibly flustered.

“Um… around 3 hours.” She answered.

“Great.” I answered.

“If you’d like to take a seat right there. Someone will be with you soon.” She said. I nodded my head and sat down on one of the chairs. After about 4 hours my hair was finally done. The first hour was mainly just the hairdressers trying to decide how they should do it and wondering whether or not the money I gave them was real. They let me have all the different colours they had and put it in block stripes. I really liked it.

After giving the hairdresser who did it a tip, I then decided I was calm enough to go back to Cooper’s house. I went out of the hairdressers to make my way home, but the only problem was I didn’t know exactly where it was and I was scared I would get lost. I didn’t want to take a taxi by myself either, so I was pretty stuffed. I didn’t have either of their numbers so I had no idea what to do.

“Penina?” A voice asked. I turned around and saw Ash. Now I was really scared and she clearly knew. “Oh god. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry for what I said the other day. I didn’t mean it. I was angry at Cooper, you had nothing to do with it. I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.” She said.

“It’s okay.” I said, barely above a whisper.

“What are you doing here? Is anyone with you?” She asked.

“I kinda ran out of Cooper’s house. I was angry with him too.” I said. I said, wiping away some tears that I wanted to hide from her.

“What did he do?” She asked, leading me to an empty bench and sitting me down on it.

“He’s just bringing up stuff that I told him to keep secret. Not that it matters anyway. He already told other people because he had to apparently. I don’t understand why he has to be professional one minute and the next minute talks about how he threw up just after a picture was taken of him drunk. Then he says I don’t know how I feel all the time and it makes me feel like a stupid kid. I don’t want to be a stupid kid I want to be a capable human being.” I complained. For whatever reason, she was an easy person to open up to, and I just had to let everything out.

“Okay, we’re probably both going to hate me for even admitting this, but he’s kind of right.” She said.

“Well, I’m really not in the mood to be lectured and patronised again, so if that’s what you’ve come here to do just piss off.” I said.

“No. I’m not. Before Cooper even started teaching at that damn school he was so different. He used to be the listener and I was the talker. Then he started there and ever since his first day he kept on banging on and on about you. He used to talk about something funny that you said, or something you did that would make him smile for the rest of the day. I remember one night we were about to go to sleep and he said you told him something that he felt really awful about because he had to tell someone and he thought you might hate him and never trust him again. But then you did and he was so happy. I feel like he knows you so much right now, that in some respects he knows you more than you do. He doesn’t think you’re a stupid kid. He knows you need his friendship, and he’s more than happy enough to provide that for you. He’s moving to a completely different continent just to make sure you’re okay. So even though you’re angry at him right now, I promise he’ll do something to cheer you up.” She said. I nodded my head.

“I want to go back but I don’t know the way and I don’t have his number.” I explained. She then took my phone and dialled it in for me.

“There you go. For what it’s worth he really genuinely adores you.” She said getting up to leave.

“Thank you, Ash.” I said.

“It’s the least I could do. Are you going to be okay?” She asked. I nodded my head.

“I think so.” I answered. Satisfied with the answer I gave her, she walked off. I then called Cooper and he picked up immediately.

“Jensen? Did you find her? Is she at the hotel?” He asked anxiously.

“No she’s not.” I answered.

”Penina?”

“I’m sorry about that. I just…” I began.

”Don’t worry about that. Where are you?” He asked. I told him the name of the hairdressers and he told me he’d be right there and begged that I don’t move. I noticed his car and he quickly pulled over right by the bench so he could get me in safely. Of course once I did, the whole thing started again. “What the hell is wrong with you? You’ve been gone for 4 and a half hours and we get nothing? Jesus Christ we had no idea what had happened to you. Jensen’s gone all the way back to London just to check if you were at the hotel. He might not even trust me to go to LA anymore.” He ranted. It continued even when we went through the front door. But once the door closed I gave him the warmest, most meaningful hug I knew how to give. It shut him up, but I needed it whether he continued yapping on or not. I didn’t even realise how much I was shaking until he had to help me to walk to the couch. I practically collapsed onto the couch and latched onto Cooper in a giant puddle of tears. He was trying to shush me but every time he tried I just hugged him a little bit more for comfort.

“I’m sorry.” I blubbered.

“It’s alright. I’m sorry I made you that upset. You’re right. I shouldn’t have bought that whole thing up. But it was the first thing I could think of and I just need to make sure you’ll be okay. I called Jensen from the car when I went to pick you up. He’ll be back in about 45 minutes.” He told me. After a few minutes of calming down I was able to speak somewhat normally again.

“I’m cold.” I said.

“You must be.” He said. He took my hand and led me to his bedroom. He took off my shoes and tucked me into his bed. He then got in next to me. It was completely platonic and it was comforting. I knew at that point that Cooper was and always will be my lifeline. He keeps me from going entirely insane, and that’s exactly what I need. “I know this is slightly late, but your hair looks great.” He said. I sniffed and let out a small breath of laughter.

“Thank you.” I said.

“How did you get my number?” He asked.

“I spoke to Ash. She made me realise how stupid I was being.” I answered. I felt him tense up.

“What the hell did she say to you?” He asked trying to sound as calm as he could. I knew it must be hard for him, but at least he was trying.

“She just told me how much you talked about me when you were together. She said she was sorry for the other night then she gave me your number when I told her I didn’t know where to go.” I answered. He then relaxed and let out a deep breath.

“Okay. Just as long as you’re okay.” He said. Once he started rubbing my back soothingly I quickly nodded off. I remember waking up briefly just to hear Jensen and Cooper agree that he’d bring everything from the hotel back here so I wouldn’t wake up, and once more when Cooper got back into bed, but that’s it.

I woke up at around half past 5 in the morning. Although I was exhausted last night, I still went to sleep pretty early. Cooper was lightly snoring and I almost immediately fell in love with the noise. It then dawned on me that today I’m going to be flying to America and leaving my entire life behind. My breath started becoming shaky and I cuddled up to Cooper as best as I could so that he wouldn’t wake up. Unfortunately I failed.

“Sorry. Did I wake you?” I asked when I heard some noises coming from him.

“Don’t worry about it. Are you feeling better?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I don’t know. I’m pretty scared.” I answered. He pulled me close to him and I nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck.

“Everything will be fine though. Trust me. You’re going to have the best time in the states. Besides, I’ll be there before you know it and now that you’ve got my number, you can call me whenever you like.” He said. I nodded my head and just held him close, realising that the chance that this would ever happen again is slim to none. “Plus I definitely am going. Apparently Jensen really trusts me. He’s a great guy. He really adores you.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah. How come you’re up so early?” He asked.

“I don’t know.” I answered.

“Are you still tired?”

“I’m not sure. Usually I can’t tell until the second after I get up.” I explained. I felt him giggle and it made me smile.

“Well it’d be good to sleep on the plane. Come on. Let’s get up.” He suggested. Unfortunately, that’s exactly what we did. I never wanted to leave his side.

Hey Hozzie. It's been a while since I've uploaded this. Another chapter will be coming soon after this is uploaded. Enjoy! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story