Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Death

by WinryRockbell16 1 review

Edward Elric's thoughts on the night of the human transmutation.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Horror - Characters: Edward Elric - Published: 2006-08-12 - Updated: 2006-08-13 - 439 words - Complete

1Ambiance
"Death"





I feel the cold floor beneath me as I lay, shivering.
Hot desperate tears streaming down my face. The pain comeing from where my arm and leg used to be was unbearable. I look to where my brother once stood, all that was left were his clothes and the suit of armor I desperatly tried to attach his soul to. What happened? I kept asking myself. My mind somehow unable to grasp what had just happened. "Mom?" I asked quietly. my voice sounding foreign and strange. My eyes struggling to see through all the smoke. Soon, a body began to take shape. An arm, a head of hair. Could it be? Could it really be mom?

"Mom! Mama, please help!!!" I scream across the room. My eyes then adjusted as the smoke cleared and the body was visible. It was a monster, a hideous monster. This couldn't be my mother, my beautiful mother. No! I released a blood curdling scream that came from the very pitt of my soul, causing the entire room to vibrate. I stared in horror at that "thing", as it gasped for air, fighting to survive. It's body turned inside-out, and the smell, the foul odor comeing from it was enough to make me sick. I leaned over, coughing, vomiting, anything that would get that awful smell out of my system.

I then collapsed. How, how could this be? We did everything the books said, followed all the steps, I don't understand. "Al!" I scream. Desperate to hear my brothers voice, but no one replied. The only noises audible were the beating of my heart, and the frantic gasping of the "thing" in the center of the room.

I wanted to sleep, rest my aching body, wake up to find that this was just a horrible nightmare. All cohearent thought escaping me as my eyes fight to stay open. All I could think about, was my mother's beautiful smile. How I longed to be in her arms as she whispered soothing words in my ear. Then it hit me. My brother was gone, my mother, slowly dying before my eyes, and me lying in a pool of my own blood. No one was coming to save me. My eyes slowly drift closed on the horrible scene before me, my body falling limp, my mind shutting down, then there was darkness. Nothing remains. No hope, no life, everything was dead.





A/N// Yeah I know, depressing. I just finished watching the first episode again, and I thought about what Ed must have been thinking. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it, feel free to r&r.
Sign up to rate and review this story