Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > (now press repeat)

Mancando

by StormVandal 1 review

It's four AM and Mikey doesn't know where Pete is.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2014-11-14 - Updated: 2015-02-21 - 522 words - Complete

1Insightful
It's four AM and Mikey is sitting in the living room, fighting back exhaustion with questions and annoyance. The isn't the first time this has happened, and he doubts it will be the last. He's tired and afraid and part of him wants to go collapse into bed and deal with this in the morning. But he can't, not this time. In the morning, this won't matter the way it does now.
It's four AM and Mikey doesn't know where Pete is.
Again.
When he finally comes in, it's like he doesn't even notice Mikey sitting there. He throws his hoodie onto the couch and wanders into the kitchen, where he pours himself a glass of water. Mikey clears his throat. If Pete hears him, he ignores him.
"It's four AM," says Mikey.
"Yeah," says Pete.
He comes into the living room and flops down onto the couch, closing his eyes. Mikey stares at him and takes in his slightly rumpled appearance.
"Where've you been?"
"Out."
"I see that."
Pete cracks an eye open at him. He looks vaguely annoyed. "What's the big deal anyway?"
"Pete," Mikey says in frustration. "It's four AM."
"Sorry, mom, did I miss curfew?"
"Fuck off." Mikey sighs and puts a hand over his tired eyes.
Pete doesn't fuck off. He gives Mikey a mocking look and sits up a little straighter. Mikey's realized by now that Pete's drunk, but he doesn't mention it. Pete's clearly aggravated enough as it is.
"You're afraid I've fucked someone!" Pete declares. He seems vaguely amused by this notion. Mikey's mouth opens; words come falling out before he's finished processing them.
"No, I assume you've fucked someone. That's how you get people to like you."
He instantly wishes he hadn't said it. Pete's half-amused, half-mocking expression morphs into one of shock, then of rage.
He leaps to his feet and snatches his hoodie up from the arm of the sofa. Mikey closes his eyes.
"I'm sorry," he mumbles. "I didn't mean that..."
The door slams.
Mikey hauls himself to his feet, cursing. He follows Pete out of the building and down the street about a block before he catches up.
"Let me walk you home."
"Fuck off."
He remembers this. And he really has no desire to repeat it. He stops in his tracks and lets Pete walk off down the road.
"I'm erasing you!" he screams after him. "Do you hear me, Pete?! I'm erasing you! By morning you'll be gone!" He laughs, a little hysterically. "It's the perfect ending to this piece of shit story!"
He turns on his heel and takes a few paces back in the direction of his apartment before turning back in the direction he'd just come, ready to give Pete another piece of his mind.

"What? It's not that bad, come on! Quit looking at me lke that!"
"Brendon, you 'fell in love' with a dude while he was /sleeping/! It's creepy!"

Mikey looks around for the source of the voices but it's quickly distracted by a sinking feeling in his gut. He stares after Pete.
This is the last time I saw you.
Sign up to rate and review this story