Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Skylines and Turnstiles (Gerard's first love)

005

by imnotokay 0 reviews

MCR plays at the battle of the bands, and gerard meets a beautiful girl, goes on a date but still doesn't know her name.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2006-08-13 - Updated: 2006-08-13 - 658 words

0Unrated
Gerard's POV

Wow, what a night! I'm practicing a new song with ray, at our apartment, when Frank pops his head in the door, (it was frank's day to do the laundry, and he's good at making it take 5 hours instead of 30 minutes)

"Rooftops and early sunset-"
"Gee, this was in your pants pocket!" Frank tossed a note at me. When I looked at it, it was a folded up piece of notebook paper with "Gerard" written on the outside. When I unfolded it, it said:




Gerard,
I had a great time with you tonight, I miss you already.
Well, on to the basics,
· My number - 867-5309
· My name - Jade
· My apartment number- 4346
Where are you guys playing next?
Call me as soon as you get this!!

Love You!!!
Jade

Woohoo!!!!!! I rush out of the room without saying a word. I grab my cell, and go outside. I start walking to the park, my favorite place to go to be alone.

Really, it's just a kid's playground, old but not really rusty, no one uses it anymore because, there are new, more plastic options. I like it there because it's peaceful, you can just sit on the swings and sort out any problems. It's also an ideal place to call someone from, because there's no background noise.

I pop out my cell phone, and punch in her number

8 - 6 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 0 - 9 - send

I'm so nervous, then I hear,

"Hello?"
"Hey, this is Gerard!'
a nearly in audible intake of breath
"Hey! Where are you?"
"The park."
"The old one?"
"Yeah, "
"Really?"
"Um yeah"
"Where at?"
"The swings"
I hear some rustling in the hedge that separates the swings from everything else, then I see Jade's face peek around the side of the hedge.

She's wearing a sweatshirt that says "I draw Manga" with black jeans and blue tennis shoes. Her hair is now curly, and pulled back into a messy bun. She's not wearing as much make up as last night, yeah, there was definitely some fake eyelashes going on last night. Basically her makeup consisted of black eye liner, and lip stick that isn't so dark.

But her sloppiness is forgivable, because I'm not wearing any make up, except Chap Stick, and I'm just wearing a Motorhead tee, with ripped black jeans

I hang up my cell phone.

"So," I say "do you come here often?"
"Um... yeah" she said

She came over and sat on the other swing. She's beautiful even without her make up
Jade...
I think I'm falling for Jade!
Jade...
Just the word and I feel all weird inside.
Jade...
I love Jade!!!!!

She must have noticed me staring off into space. I look over at her.

"Where'd you go?" she asked
"What?"
"You were staring off into space, what were you thinking about?"
A pause where I'm getting my words together...
"Y'know when you get something, and after you figure out what it is, you realize that it's all you've ever wanted your whole life, and now that you have it, you'd do anything not to lose it?"
"Yeah"
"But you're scared that because it's all you need, someone might try to take it from you, and if you hold on to it too tight, you still might lose it, because most happiness has been short-lived for you. But you never want it to go away"
"Yeah, I do know." She puts her hand down and lets it hang by the side of the swing. I take it, and we just kind of rock back and forth, holding hands.

Finally I get up the courage to ask
"Um... do you want to... um want to go to the... um.... Amusement park tomorrow... with me?"

"Yeah, I'd love to!!!"
"It's way cooler at night, so meet me here at 9:00?"
"Yeah! Definitely!"

We both stand up, and we hug, a long time... and then I walk her back to her apartment.

And I go back to mine.
Sign up to rate and review this story