Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Nightly Rituals

Tana + Tatsumi II

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tatsumi's summer.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tatsumi - Published: 2014-12-09 - 502 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Seven: Tana + Tatsumi II:

-Tatsumi-

She's not like most women. Tana didn't obsess over her looks or age. She more into logical things like books and chess. Death made it much easier for her not to worry about her "biological clock". Because of all of this, I found her easier to talk to. In life, Tana used to be a skilled therapist.

-Tatsumi's Summer-

She sat on her couch in the darkened living room as I looked through her kitchen cabinets.

"Where is your green tea?" I asked.

"Above the stove," she answered.

"Thank you," I said. I opened the cabinet and found an unopened bag of green tea. I remembered this bag.

"You never opened the tea I gave you last Christmas?" I asked.

"What?" she asked. "Oh, yeah. I never got around to opening it."

"Why is that?"

"I mostly drink coffee. I don't have the time to make traditional tea." I shook my head. Looks like I'll have to change that. I took down the bag and got to work. I bought her this bag of tea last Christmas to better suit her tastes. Tana was a classical woman. Anything following a trend didn't interest her. Instead, she enjoyed the arts and classical music. I could have a decent conversation with her. However, tonight was not that night.

I handed her a cup of fresh tea. "Here you go." Tana took it without a word. I sat down next to her on the couch. She took a sip and shuddered.

"Ooo!" she said aloud. "I forget how bitter green tea is at times."

"But you drink black coffee," I pointed out. She lowered her cup, thinking.

"This is true," she replied. I didn.t think when I asked her this.

"How long are you going to stay in Japan?"

"I don't know." She turned and looked. "Why do you want me to stay?"

I struggled to answer. "Do you want to?"

Tana shrugged. "Might as well. I don't have much to go back to in America anymore."

"What about your job?"

"What about it? It would be no different in any other country. Besides, they don't really need me there."

I raised an eyebrow. "You're kidding."

Tana shook her head. "The people run the office just fine without me. Besides…" She put her cup down on the coffee table. "You guys need more work here with me."

"What's that's supposed to mean?"

Tana leaned against my body. "You all need help?"

"Perhaps."

"Well, I am here to help."

"Of course you are." Tana was hard to predict. Sometimes, she will stay for a long time. Last time, she only stayed for a month. I couldn't help but wonder how long she would be staying this time.

"Would you like more tea?" I asked.

"You know what?" Tana asked. "I would like another cup." I poured her more tea from the pot. She smiled and took a drink. Somehow, I really don't mind her staying around for a while.
Sign up to rate and review this story