Categories > Games > Pokemon

Krystal's Pokémon Quest

by escapeinfantasy 0 reviews

After Krystal is teleported to the Hoenn region from Kanto, she begins her journey to become Champion, making new friends, reuniting with old ones and facing many unnecessary obstacles along the wa...

Category: Pokemon - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2014-12-22 - 2818 words

0Unrated
It is five A.M. I'm currently outside Professor Oak's lab, waiting impatiently to get my first Pokémon, I glanced again at my watch, with the small ray of hope that time would go faster. This was the day I've been waiting for my entire life. I couldn't wait to toss everything I learned in the past fifteen years away and just run off with my Pokémon. I owe Professor Oak everything, because of him I wouldn't be the Trainer I am about to be today. I've been standing outside since three in the morning, when it came to Pokémon I never messed around they were my life, and everything. It was always worth losing sleep over.

So here I am, standing out here in freezing temperatures just so I could finally meet my beloved first Pokémon, a Pokémon that would be my first partner and friend.

My name is Krystal. My last name, I chose to change after Professor Oak adopted me. So I just call myself Krystal Oak. I prefer not to speak much about my previous family. If you could call it that, anyway. I am fifteen years old, the age changed from ten to fifteen as most ten - year - olds have the mental capacity of a still born Goldeen. I was born here in Pallet Town, where nothing out of the ordinary happens, but it was still my home and where I could become a Trainer without anyone hindering my progress. I was wearing a black tee with a Pokéball in the center and XS(extra small) blue skinny jeans.

I scored a perfect 100/100 in my aptitude test, I also invented the Pokémon storage system. It was just a small project we had done in school, but our teacher saw its potential and that's how it came to be what it is today. Bill and I both worked on it together, I wanted to become a Pokémon Trainer, while he wanted to screw around with the stupid hunk of machine. I decided to hand the reins over to him, as I wanted to go outside! Explore and travel the world instead of being stuck in a concrete box all my life like he was.

"Good morning, Krystal!" Professor Oak greeted. I looked over to see him coming down from the Tauros Ranch with brief case in his hands.

"Morning, Professor!" I greeted, and rushed over to help him with the brief case, it looked heavy!

"Oh it's fine Krystal! I got it, you're up here early though!" he chuckled.

"Well you know what they say, the early Pidgey gets the Caterpie!" I beamed proudly.

"Right you are! I've always admired your punctuality, Krystal! But you really shouldn't risk your health like this! It's freezing outside, let's hurry into the lab. I'll make some cocoa!" Professor Oak stated wisely. I then took his brief case and we walked together inside the lab. He turned on some of the lights and started making the cocoa. I put the brief case on his table.

He then handed me my cocoa and we sat on the table drinking it, I was soon finished and put it in the sink.

"Krystal. It's time. I can't believe how much you've grown from the day I took you under my wing... Come, this way," Professor Oak said leading me into the Lab and out of the lobby. My heart was bursting out of my rib cage. After this I just knew my life would never be the same again! Oh no, what if my new Pokémon doesn't like me. Oh, why think of negatives now? This was it. This was it! My new life would finally begin, freedom would take me by the hands and fly me away from everything.

Professor Oak opened the brief case, took out three Pokéballs and placed them horizontally on the table. Each one nestled perfectly. Whatever was in those Pokéballs would set my soul free once and for all. Life would finally be worth living, every breath drawn would be a blessing and my existence would no longer be a burden to myself!

"Krystal. You have come a long way. The road is long and arduous, but if anyone can make it, it's you. I've waited a long day for this, now choose your very first Pokémon!" he cried joyously. One by one each of the Pokéballs popped open and a bright flash revealed one Pokémon after the other. Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and a Charmander. Each of them eagerly looking up to me, but I already had my heart set on one and only one.

"You already know them, but I will introduce anyway. Would you like the Grass - Type, Bulbasaur? The Water- Type Squirtle, or the Fire - Type, Charmander?" He announced again. I turned to look at the Pokémon, but one caught my eye. The Charmander, it was beautifully radiant her scales were a bright gold with a cream underbelly. A shiny Charmander. Its blazing blue eyes bore into my soul.

"Char!" It spoke up, hopped off the table and looked expectantly at me. Immediately it threw its arms around my leg! It looked pleadingly into my eyes! How could I say no to this?!

"Well! Looks like the Pokémon has chosen the Trainer instead!" Oak observed. Without a second thought, I sat down to Charmander's eye level and welcome it into my arms. I looked at my new friend with pride. I held Charmander firmly in my arms and gave it a big hug.

"My decision is made, Professor. I choose Charmander!" I confirmed and closed the deal. I did it. I had taken my first step into freedom!

"An excellent choice!" smiled Oak. Squirtle and Bulbasaur looked rather down, but this was my Charmander's choice, I had no say in the decision, I'm glad it chose me. And besides, Blastoise and Venasaur aren't exactly as powerful as a Charizard would be. I prefer my Pokémon to be powerhouses and there's nothing wrong with that! I've always hated Grass - types, Water - types were great, but some weren't so great. I hated Bulbasaur and I had every right to do so. It's a really weak Pokémon.

"Oh yes! That Charmander of yours is a female! Would you like to give it a nickname?" He suggested. Charmander snuggled her head into my shoulder, I felt myself growing warmer and warmer.

"I think I'll call her Ashlei. Would you like that?" I asked my Charmander.

"Char! Charmander!" she cried in agreement, waving her tiny arms. Her body was so cute, tiny, and squishy! I put her on a table next to me. Professor Oak got some things out, they were the essential items that every Trainer needed to have.

"Krystal, may I have few words with you?" He called me over but put the items away elsewhere.

"Yes, Professor?" I answered.

"Charmander," Ashlei toddled over to us.

"This is going to sound very odd coming from me, but... I would like it if you took the other two starters as well," he blurted out. My jaw dropped and my eyes bulged out at what Professor Oak had just said to me. Was he testing me?!

"What?! Professor you can't be serious! I mean.. I... I thought we could only get one?" I questioned.

"You see Krystal. Many Trainers have come and gone out of this lab, but none have the potential you do, whatever they had, you have more of it in your very fingertips than they do in their entire bodies! But it's your choice in the end, if you don't want to take them. I will respect that!" He remarked.

"Thanks Professor," I replied. I felt proud that he thought of me in such high regard!

"Well I better give you this!" He took out many things, all of which I knew. I acquired a Pokédex, 20 Pokéballs and 3 Master Balls,a Badge Case, and six months worth of Organic Pokémon Food! I took out my Pokédex and clicked on the center to activate it.

I'm Dexette, a Pokédex programmed by Professor Oak for Pokémon Trainer Krystal Oak of the town of Pallet. My function is to provide Krystal with information and advice regarding Pokémon and their training. If lost or stolen, I cannot be replaced.

"Wow! Let's check your data, Ashlei," I faced Ashlei and scanned her data.

Charmander, The Lizard Pokémon, The flame at the tip of its tail makes a sound as it burns. You can only hear it in quiet places.

"Delivery for Krystal Oak?" Someone knocked loudly against the door.

"Oh? Who could that be so early? Hm? Oh For Krystal? Thank you!" Professor Oak came back with a box. It was just the mail man. Professor Oak then placed the box in front of me

"Charmander?" Ashlei scurried over to the box. Gently started to poke at it with her claws, leaving faint scratchy marks on the cardboard. Weird, it didn't say who the box was from...

"I think they must have just left it near the post office!" stated Oak.

"Let's open it!" I was very curious to see what it was. Ashlei scurried to the other end of the box and started opening it carefully. I opened the opposing end. There was a backpack, it was lite blue outlined with black. My two favorite colors. It smelled like new plastic. I dug deeper into the box and pulled out tennis shoes. Who sent this to me?

"How odd! Looks like someone has done your shopping for you already!" Oak commented, perplexed but still suspicious. How the fuck did they know what my favorite color was? I was going to take all my money and go shopping for a backpack alone! And shoes as well!

"Charmander! Char!" Ashlei cried to get my attention, she was holding something in her hands.

"Huh?" She handed it over to me, it was an envelope... From someone I hoped I would never see again.

"Krystal?! What's wrong?!" Oak rushed over to me. I was too much in state of shock to reply, he took the envelope, tore it open and read its contents. How could the best day of my life also be my worst?!

"Goodness.. It's... from your father," He said flatly and tossed the letter away.

"Fuck this," I gathered my shoes and back pack. I didn't need his pity.

"Ashlei, Ember," I promptly dumped the backpack and shoes in front of her. Ashlei opened her mouth and spat out a large shower of tiny flames. I would go shopping later on, but for now my old clothes would have to suffice.

Ashlei and Professor Oak comforted me. After other formalities were complete, Professor Oak gave me my Trainer Card/ID. It would have to be registered in a Pokémon Center.

"Oh dear, I almost forgot," He walked over to Squirtle and Bulbasaur and set them outside so they could be free.

"By the way, Krystal," Oak said turning to me. "Have you seen the other two?" he asked, referring to Gary and Ash.

"Nope, not since yesterday," I replied, holding Ashlei in my arms.

"Ugh, those two are going to kill me one day," he groaned. I really felt sorry for Professor Oak, since Gary was his grandson but acted like a complete idiot. Ash was an entirely different story. He was just a total idiot who didn't know shit about Pokémon.

"Oh yes, Krystal. A little something special from me. Here, open it up!" He handed me an envelope. I tore it up to find a credit card with unlimited money! I already had some money of my own but this was awesome!

"Goodness! This is amazing!" I gasped.

"Haha! I knew you would like it! You've earned it after all your hard work and dedication to Pokémon!" He pat my back, and in turned we hugged for the longest time.

"Thanks for everything, Professor," I cried.

"Don't mention it one bit, my dear," He said looking at me gently. "Look at you, all grown up ready to take on the world! Just like I did 60 years ago..." there was a painful hint of nostalgia in his voice.

"GRAMPS! I want my Pokémon!" The serenity and silence in the lab was bombarded away by none other than Gary Oak himself. Everyone in the room flinched upon the loud and boisterous noise. He walked in with a very pompous gait and pushed several people out of the way in his typical rude fashion. I could literally see the dismay in Oak's eyes upon seeing him.

As professional as ever, Oak briskly replied "I'm sorry Gary but all the starters have been given out, as you can see, Krystal here came early and got the first pick,"

I sneered at Gary smugly and snuggled Ashlei.

"I'M HERE PROFESSOR!" Ash ran into the lab and collided with Gary instantly.

"Watch where you're going moron!" screamed Gary.

"MAKE ME, DWEEB!" he screamed back.

"WILL YOU GUYS STOP ACTING LIKE IMMATURE MORONS?!" I barked at them.

"ENOUGH!" Professor Oak slammed his brief case on the table. "Gary, Ash, come outside this instant!" We all went outside on the Tauros ranch.

"Gary, you failed Trainer Academy,but I have to give you a Pokémon as it would look VERY bad if you failed! You are my grandson, after all!" Oak admonished, then turned to Ash.

"Hehehehehe," he gigged idiotically and clapped his hands.

"Ash, I don't think you have what it takes to be a Pokémon Trainer. Stay at home and help your mother cook and clean that's more akin to your potential," Oak spared no insults on that one! Ash was such a loser!

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" Ash screeched loudly enough to wake up the entire Kanto Region.

"ASH! GET OVER HERE AND PULL OUT THE WEEDS, YOU LAZY SACK OF LARD! THERE'S WORK TO BE DONE AT THE HOUSE! HURRY UP!" Delia Ketchum barked in equal volume.

"Eep! Yes mommy!" Ash whimpered and sulked away. I was glad too, I hated his guts. Professor Oak rubbed his temples, there was only so much he could take. After that fiasco was dealt with, we had lunch.

"Here you go, Ashlei," I gave her some Pokémon food in a bowl just for her! Professor Oak had given Gary an Eevee, a rare Pokémon that could evolve into many different types. Gary wasn't given a Pokédex, however. I was an Honor's student at Pokémon Academy, I got in when I was three years old and graduated at 10, while most people do so at 15. I spent these five years furiously studying Pokémon while Gary failed all his classes.

"I can't believe you actually got a Pokémon!" growled Gary, holding his obliviously happy Eevee. I ignored him and took out my Pokédex to get Eevee's data.

Eevee, The Evolution Pokémon. Eevee has an unstable genetic makeup that suddenly mutates due to the environment in which it lives. Radiation from various stones causes this Pokémon to evolve.

"Well aren't you a cutie?" I commented. "Maybe I'll catch an Eevee one day!" Ashlei and the Eevee started to play and chase each other. I turned to Gary.

"I'm sorry did you say something?" I scowled.

"Hmph. I bet I'll be the Champion before you!" he cunted. I rolled my eyes and got up and walked away with Ashlei. It was late in the afternoon and I had to get some shopping done. I brought myself a nice backpack; only dimwitted bimbos have handbags, a pair of running shoes, and some potions for Ashlei. I already had some clothes. I changed into a white thank top and jean shorts. I looked great in it as I'm very thin and I don't have a shred of fat on my body. My backpack was beige with blue ring ram patterns on it. It matched my outfit! My hair was let down, I hated wearing hats but I put on a headband. I looked great!

We went back to the lab to get Professor Oak's final wishes.

"Gary, try not to irritate people around you, here's five Pokéballs, take care not to break them; that is if you can even know how to use them properly.

"Krystal you never stop to amaze me, go on , go forth and become the Champion, make your dreams come true," Oak said his final parting words to me, I left the lab and went out to face what the world was going to throw at me.

"Charmander!" Ashlei cheered as we took off on the road, leaving a trail of dust behind us, as we ran towards our uncertain but promising future.
Sign up to rate and review this story