Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

In The Morning Light

by Millonic 1 review

Danger!Verse short story in the early hours of the day from Fun Ghoul's Point Of View

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-12-31 - 837 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Fun Ghoul wakes in the hours of early morning. The sun is just peaking over the horizon, and this wasteland, the Zones, was already starting to bake. Christ, the night wasn't even over yet. The sleeping bag he was lying on was too thin to muffle the small rock fractals underneath it anyway. He contemplated why they went to the trouble of stealing them, as troublesome it was to even find the meaningless sacks.

But it was what his head was lying on that confused his sleep befuddled brain. Somewhat like a pillow, (which were also a shiny gem to get a hold of), except it was warm, and had a sort of rising and falling motion- Oh. Blinking his eyes open where dust had collected in the sockets overnight, Fun couldn't doubt it felt nice. But, this was going to get weird if whoever-he-fell-asleep-on was awake, and fast.

Lifting his head a little, Ghoul simultaneously bit back a giggle, and masked a dark blush. As it had turned out, he had somehow lied his head on Party Poison's tummy at some point in the night. The redhead was out cold on his back, breathing out small, inaudible snores with every rise and fall of his chest.

Oh well; not like he would find out anyways.

Kobra Kid and Jet Star lie not much farther away, gathered around a somber campfire set the previous night. Scattered cans of revolting Power Pup were near Jet, as well as the boom box near Kobra's head. Him and the blond's heads were just touching. 'Good thing I was the first to wake up,' Ghoul thought, deciding rather not to think of the things the group would think.. Finding them cooped together like that. Weird.

Grabbing his vest off the dirt, Fun didn't bother to clean it, and shrugged it on. With the familiar weight on his shoulders, he checked for his gun in its proper place. Sliding over to Party, Fun smiled at how peaceful he looked, sighing for a moment before shaking him awake. Party Poison was a relatively light sleeper anyways. He didn't understand how the weight off of his body didn't startle him awake. The Killjoy leader blinked his eyes open, looking alarmed for a moment before he realized it was his friend. "The fuck, Ghoul?" Party groaned, masking his arm over his eyes in hopes for just a little more rest.

Fun grinned, 'Ever the early riser,' he thought sarcastically. "Look alive, sunshine. Ain't got time to kill," the Killjoy commented a little louder than intended. He received many sounds of discomfort and complaining from nearby. "Dammit dude, don't you ever sleep?" Star complained, finally rolling onto his back, causing a small cloud of dust to billow up underneath him. Fun Ghoul chuckled, "Only on Tuesdays." Jet snorted, sitting up from his sleeping bag and stretching. Party was already grabbing for his jacket, sporting a small smile. 'Always like Ghoul to play fun.' Poison thought, eyeing the cute smirk on his face.

Kobra muttered a profanity or five on the sleeping bag he was lying on before sitting up on his knees. His blond hair was tangled almost like his brother's while Jet was already climbing to his feet. It took a bit of struggling and half-assed insults before Party was digging for the same lukewarm dog food they ate last night. Kobra, too, was sat up and tuning in to Dr. Death for the morning traffic report. Ghoul and Jet Star began packing their sleeping bags, comic books, and other necessities for the road ahead.

Crashing square in the middle of Zone 2 wouldn't do them any good with the increased Draculoid patrols. Besides, they had had enough close calls as it was. It was as close to home as the Killjoys were ever gonna get, and that was okay. Without warning, Party called out Fun Ghoul's name, and before he could even dodge, a can of that shit hit him square in the arm. Thank fuck it didn't hit where he had been shot a few weeks ago. If it had, he wouldn't be a blue to hide it. His own blood was still stained on his shirt from it. "Fuck you, asshole!" Fun laughed, his bicep throbbed, but he ignored it. The sound of the foursome's laughter echoing through the static was refreshing.

They didn't get to joke and fuck around often enough, he decided. Despite all the shit always thrown at them, Ghoul could laugh because he was with his friends. Underneath the scorching sun, anything was possible. But somehow, soon, Fun Ghoul got a feeling, a twinge in his gut that told him something was off.

As things came to pass, he wasn't wrong either. But as the ball of radiation in the sky rose, the four Killjoys hopped in the Trans-Am. Party Poison was driving, of course. Headed in the direction of Zone 4, confident that they were ready for anything that would come at them.

They were wrong.
Sign up to rate and review this story