Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Jamie Potter and the Guardian Sword

by darkmagiciannerd 1 review

This is a Jamie Lily Potter story. Not compatible with Laws of Magic.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Harry,Sirius - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2015-01-02 - 330 words

-1Predictable
The icy wind bit into my bare throat like a vampire as I stood on the top of the hill overlooking the Tulsa Academy of Magic.

I had flooed to an inn in Tulsa from Austin airport after having suffered a long flight from London.

All this because of the warnings in my parents' will regarding the manipulations of one Albus Dumbledore.

The old fool sent a half giant to retrieve me after leaving me to rot for ten years at the local orphanage post my muggle relatives' refusal to adopt me.

It only took his mistake of letting the half giant drop me at Gringotts, where the goblins were waiting to enact the last will and testament of James and Lily Potter that made sure that I would never be attending Hogwarts.

For one, I found out that Hogwarts is the reason why British wizards find it difficult to find employment abroad. The backwards ministry has such a tight hold on the curriculum that only forcing some miministry toady into a position of authority over the staff could make it any more so.

And two, Albus Dumbledore is the one responsible for my parents' death I know this because the goblins confirmed that Dumbledore cast a faulty fidelius over my family cottage. Of course, he blamed my godfather (the cute dog animagus on the leash I am holding) for being a snitch, but we all know that the oaths he took when accepting the position as my godfather would have prevented that. They would have killed him had he even thought of betraying us.

The result: after hiring a team of curse breakers to break my godfather out of prison, we got the hell out of Europe.

I stroked Padfoots ear absent-mindedly before taking a step down the hill towards our new home.

Bolstered by that thought, my stride became purposeful as I made my way towards Tulsa Academy of magic.

My life begins now, for real this time.
Sign up to rate and review this story