Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Paranormal Affair

All isn't as it Seems Inside the Haunted Mansion

by PansyAngel 0 reviews

The horror continues into the night as the friends battle their worst demons, as they fight the spirits inside the mansion they quickly start to lose themselves too. Will they get out of the mansio...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2015-01-24 - 5542 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hey guys, next part here. It has been about two weeks I believe and thankfully this chapter isn't as long as the last... unfortunately though I have had to spilt it again so now it's going to be in three parts, but no more than three I promise. The next chapter is gonna take longer to write though because I may go a whole week without it because my boyfriends parents are going to Mexico on holiday for a week starting tomorrow so I'll be staying at his for the majority of the week if not all, I'm gonna take my laptop with me so if I do get some time to squeeze a bit in I will but please be a bit more patient with me this time (not that you weren't already). Ok, now that's out of the way I'll leave you to read the next chapter.

BTW. If it sounds a little funny at times around the end it's because I accidently started slipping into first person but I corrected myself, but some parts may sound a bit odd due to that.



It was very dark in the haunted mansion and Gerard, Ray and Sarah were all still petrified after what happened to them down that hallway and they hadn't really said anything to each other as they rushed back down the hallway to get back to the staircase but Ray raised his voice to ask.

"Do you think the others will have had anything?" Gerard turned to his friend to say.

"If it's anything like what happened to us then I hope not." Sarah then asked them.

"What do you think that was?" Gerard shrugged his shoulders before he said.

"I don't know, but it wasn't normal." Ray gave a sighed before he spoke.

"Well, let's hope that's the worst we'll get tonight." Gerard also sighed before he said.

"Let's hope." They walked in silence for a second before they heard another loud scream, but this one didn't sound paranormal, it sounded human and there was only one other person who was upstairs. After the scream they heard lots of banging and all ran to get to the source of the commotion, they reached the stairs and at the bottom they saw the unconscious frame of their friend, once seeing her they all shouted.

"Amber!" And ran down the stairs to see if she was ok. They all kneeled down beside her and took in the details, she was unconscious and laying on her front, it didn't look like anything was broken but it looked like she'd banged her head hard, Gerard grabbed a hold of her shoulders and turned her over to see blood coming from a gash across her forehead, he quickly spoke.

"Shit, she's fucking bleeding!" He quickly removed his hoodie and applied it to the gash to try and stop the bleeding, he had to gather her up slightly so he could get a better hold and spoke to his two friends in an urgent tone.

"Ok, we need to get Amber to the hospital, stupid dare or not I don't care, so Sarah, you call the guys, Ray, you call for an Ambulance." They both nodded and did as they were told as they both pulled out their phones to do just that but their faces turned to frowns as Ray tried to phone for an Ambulance but said.

"The lines dead." Sarah also spoke.

"I don't have any signal." Gerard shouted.

"Shit! Are you fucking kidding me?!" They both shook their heads and Gerard let his roll back in annoyance but Ray quickly spoke from beside him.

"Gerard, her camera's still running." Gerard looked over and noticed the camera that was laid beside her surprisingly undamaged. Gerard shouted at his friend.

"Turn it off Ray!" Ray picked up the camera and turned the recorder off but he then looked up at Gerard to ask.

"Should we see what happened?" Gerard shook his head before he said.

"No, we can't do that." But Sarah spoke up to reason.

"Gerard we need to watch it, we need to see what happened to her, we need to see why she fell down the stairs." He shook his head again before he said.

"It's not right." But Sarah again spoke to reason.

"Gerard we have to, what if it was something medical wise, we need to know." He gave a sigh before he finally gave in.

"Ok fine, just so we know what happened." They both nodded before Ray moved over to them both with Amber's camera and Sarah took their camera to record from there. Ray moved and sat beside Gerard and Sarah started a commentary for the camera as Ray set Amber's up.

"Ok, I'm recording this because barely a few minutes ago me, Gerard and Ray heard a scream as we were walking back here and we've come to find Amber unconscious at the bottom of the stairs with a gash across her forehead, we're about to watch the footage to see what happened." And she moved with the camera to sit behind the two as she asked.

"Have you got it set up yet?" Ray was the one to reply.

"Almost, I wanted to start it from the moment she started walking back down the hall." He reached that part and stopped rewinding so they could watch it from there. They were all in shock when they heard the children's laughter and even more so as the tape went on, then they got to the part where she stood up again and listened.

"Just in case you can't tell that, those knocks came from behind me."

They watched her turn around slightly before she suddenly started falling backwards. They all gave shocked gasps with eyes open wide, they stopped to recording there and Gerard said.

"Oh my god." But Sarah spoke up to try and suggest something else.

"Maybe she just lost balance, misplaced her step or something, she was turning around at the top of a staircase." It was plausible but Gerard said.

"Maybe, but that doesn't explain everything else that happened... I guess we'll just have to ask her when she wakes up." Ray gave a nod as he agreed.

"Sounds like a good idea to me, but first we need to get out of here." But Gerard quickly spoke up.

"Not without the others we can't, we're not leaving this place without them, it's not safe." Sarah spoke from beside him.

"Gerard's right." She paused for a second before she said. "Ray, we need to go find the others, you go left, I go right. Gerard, you stay here with Amber." And so Ray and Sarah stood and started to walk but Gerard shouted.

"Guys we can't go off alone! We need to stick together!" Sarah shouted back.

"What would you rather Gerard?! Us sit here and wait for the others to come back when we don't know how long they're going to be, and Amber's like this, or us find them and get out of here as fast as we can?! We don't know what's wrong with Amber, she could have internal damage for all we know!" She paused before she continued. "We need to find the others so we can get out of here fast." Gerard finally gave in as he said.

"Ok fine, but we only have two camera's and there's three of us." Ray then spoke with an idea.

"Maybe Frank has another camera in his bag, we know what he's like so he might have another spare." Sarah gave a nod before she spoke to Ray to say.

"Ok, give Gerard Amber's camera and we'll see if there's another in Frank's bag." Ray quickly turned and handed Amber's camera to Gerard who instantly had to switch it on, he didn't have a torch so couldn't see without it, he'd have to ask Ray to borrow his torch because he couldn't see Amber's torch anywhere, that is if Ray does find a camera.

Gerard thought to himself, he needed a torch because he needs to keep an eye on Amber, she has a gash on her head that's bleeding and he was pretty sure a night vision camera wouldn't be much good in getting a good look at the thing, thankfully though Ray and Sarah walked back with another camera in hand so Gerard quickly asked his friend.

"Ray could I borrow your torch? I can't see Amber's anywhere and a camera won't really help me very much in making sure this cut is ok." He gave a nod before he replied.

"Sure, I have a camera now anyway so I don't really need it anymore." Ray then handed Gerard his torch and Gerard thanked him gratefully.

"Thanks Ray, thanks a lot." Ray gave a smile before he said.

"It's ok man." But he then turned to Sarah to say. "Ok, let's move out." Sarah gave a nod before they parted ways but Ray shouted back to his friend.

"Hey Gerard!" Gerard looked up at his friend before he continued. "We'll try to be quick, I promise." Gerard gave a nod before Ray walked away and both him and Sarah disappeared from view. Gerard then gave a quick sigh before he said.

"Fuck." He then looked down at Amber and spoke to her unconscious frame. "What have you gotten us into?" But elsewhere in the building Frank and Mikey were walking down their hallway trying to find what had rushed past their door, so far they hadn't found anything which Mikey was thankful of but also not because Frank just wanted to keep looking. Mikey spoke to his friend in an almost pleading manner.

"Frank why are we still walking, we haven't found anything, we should just go back and meet up with the others." But Frank replied to his friend.

"I'm not turning back Mikey, we definitely heard something run past our door and I wanna find out what it was." Mikey decided to plead with his friend.

"Frank we've come too far, we should turn back before we get lost." But Frank shrugged it off.

"We won't get lost, we've been following the same hall this whole time." Mikey didn't like to admit it but he was scared so he practically shouted.

"Frank, this isn't funny anymore! Let's turn back now." Frank turned to his friend before he said.

"You can turn back if you want Mikey but I'm not, not yet." And Frank turned around again before he started to walk, Mikey sighed before he jogged to catch up with him, once reaching his friend he spoke.

"You know we can't split up Frank, but this needs to work for the both of us." Frank gave a sigh before he said.

"Five more minutes, five more minutes and we'll turn back." Mikey sighed before he replied.

"Fine, but I'm still not happy." Frank didn't want to just hang around the halls anymore though, if he only had five minutes he was gonna make the most of it.

"Let's go in some of the rooms!" Mikey shouted in shock and horror.

"What?! We can't do that!" But Frank gave a laugh before he said.

"Why not?" And before Mikey could speak Frank jogged over to one of the doors and took a small peak in the gap between the door and the frame, but Mikey spoke in urgency.

"Frank please, we can't do this." But Frank looked at him and said.

"Come on Mikey, chill out, what's the worst that could happen?" Mikey shouted.

"Don't say that! Whenever you say that something bad happens!" But Frank gave a small laugh before he put his hand on the door and gave a small push to get a good view. Mikey shouted at his friend.

"Frank!" But Frank didn't listen as he wondered into the room, Mikey wasn't going in but he moved over so he could keep an eye on his friend and make sure he was ok, Frank looked around the room with camera running as he said.

"This is a bedroom, a dusty an old one... and nothing is happening." Frank gave a sigh before he walked out of the room slightly disappointed but quickly moved over to the next. Mikey again shouted at his friend.

"Frank, stop this now! It isn't funny anymore!" Frank gave a small laugh before he said.

"Relax, there's nothing to worry about." And he jogged over to another room and turned the handle before he too pushed that one open, Mikey again shouted.

"Frank you've gone too far now, let's go back!" But he looked at his friend and spoke.

"Come on Mikey, just one more room." And he walked into the room before Mikey could reply but he still shouted as he followed his friend towards the door.

"It's one more room too many." Frank had stepped into the room and again looked around.

"This is a study... and nothing's happening in here either." He gave a laugh before he said.

"See Mikey, nothing to worry about." But after he spoke those words the door to the room slammed shut and they both jumped, they both tried the handle as Frank shouted.

"Mikey, this isn't funny!" Mikey shouted back.

"I didn't do anything!" But no sooner than not Frank heard a noise from behind him and his heart stopped dead, he should have listened to Mikey, he should have stopped. He didn't want to turn around but he knew he had to, he still heard Mikey shouting from the other side of the door but right now that was just a distant noise, all he could hear was the sound of his heartbeat pumping through his ears.

He hesitated, but he turned around and saw something in the darkness, he then raised his camera to get a better look, and it was the silhouette of a person. Frank shouted through the door.

"Mikey open the door now!" Mikey shouted back.

"I'm trying!" He heard Mikey fighting with the handle but he knew in his heart it would do no good, his stomach churned with fear before he decided to ask the thing.

"What do you want?" The silhouette just stood there for a moment, almost like it was thinking, contemplating, but then it started to move as it advanced on Frank and he backed himself completely against the wall as he gave another shout.

"Mikey!" But then the thing grabbed him and smashed him against the wall and put his hands around his throat as he started to choke him, the rest became a blur to Frank, all he felt was fear and panic as his vision started to fade. A loud thud came from the room and dread washed over Mikey as he stopped getting responses from his friend.

"Frank!" He again shouted but with more desperation. "FRANK!" Elsewhere in the building Ellen and Bob were still searching through the downstairs area unaware of everything that was going on in the building, everyone else in the building in panic, as they just roamed the halls, Elly spoke to Bob first.

"I can't believe you didn't let me talk to that ghost." Bob gave a groan, he couldn't believe she was still going on about it.

"I'm not gonna try and talk to some stupid spirits Elly, now drop it." She gave a huff in annoyance before she turned to ask him.

"Do you think any of the others will have found anything?" Bob gave a shrug before he said.

"I don't know, they might have but it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack in a building like this." She gave a sigh before she asked.

"Do you think any of them will have tried to talk to the dead?" Bob gave a laugh before he spoke.

"Are you asking if I think someone's stupid enough? Frank maybe, but the others, I don't think so." Ellen turned the camera to him so she could see him before she said.

"That is quite offensive, you know?" He gave a sigh before he raised his voice to speak.

"I know, but sometimes I don't think before I speak." But he was cut off by a sudden rush of air, also like someone running, they turned and looked behind them and couldn't see anything so Bob said.

"It's just the wind." He then turned back and spoke. "Let's go Ell, we'll go for a little longer then we'll turn back, ok." She turned to face him before she gave a nod and they carried on walking.

Gerard sat in the main room and used the camera to look around, he sat in silence for a while before he said.

"This is bullshit." He gave a sigh before he continued. "I can't believe I'm doing this, just sat in the dark on my own with my unconscious and injured friend as my only company." He then raised his voice in slight anger. "And I'm sat on the very staircase she was pushed down! The staircase where she was talking to dead children!" He sighed and sat there for a little while longer before he repeated his earlier words. "This is bullshit." He gave a sigh before he said.

"I better check her head again, make sure it's ok." So he grabbed the torch and set the camera down beside him so he could check his friends head, once he had a good look he said more to himself.

"Ok, I think it's stopped bleeding but I can't be sure in this light." He hesitated before he continued. "I'll just have wait for the others to get back." He sighed before he said. "All of this for a stupid dare." As he finished talking unbeknown to him the camera that sat beside him caught a figure of a woman in a white gown walking across the other side of the room and Gerard soon heard a noise come from that direction, he turned to face it and shone his torch across the room to try and see anything, seeing as this failed he turned back to the camera and switched it out for the torch to try and see something through that, if there was anything to see, but he couldn't see anything, so he let out a sigh before he said to himself.

"Old buildings, they like to scare the crap outta ya." He shook his head before he looked back down at Amber and said.

"You know, it's hard to believe that you're a smart girl because this idea was really stupid, and now I wish you would just wake up so I'm not sat alone in this damn room." He shook his head again before he continued. "I don't know how you did it, but look at you now. I bet you wished you hadn't gone off alone, you made yourself an easy target." He gave a laugh before he continued to say. "This all coming from a guy who doesn't believe in spirits." But he sighed before he again continued. "But how can I deny what we've all seen tonight, I've tried to make sense of it all, I've tried to come up with logical reasons but with most I can't find any." He again sighed before he spoke.

"I really hope the others get back soon, we really need to get out of here, but we can only go together." He gave another sigh before he added. "We can't leave anyone behind, especially in this case." He went quiet again as he looked back down at his friend with worry, hoping she'll be alright.

Elsewhere in the building Sarah was walking at a quick pace down the hall in search of her two friends, she'd been walking for a while but couldn't find them or see them, she was desperately worried so shouted.

"Frank!" She didn't get a reply as she then shouted. "Mikey!" She still didn't get a reply so she quickened her pace, scared that something was desperately wrong. She looked around in desperation and again shouted.

"Guys where are you?!" She didn't hear anything for a while until she heard a faint noise in the distance, it sounded like a shout, so she then started to jog as she shouted. "Guys!" In hopes that she'd again hear something back. She did, she could make out a shout and she was getting closer so she started to run, upon arrival she saw Mikey struggling with a door and she quickly asked him.

"Mikey what's wrong?" He shouted in reply.

"I can't open the door! Frank's inside, the door slammed shut behind him!" She shouted back in shock.

"What?!" But he ignored that before he continued.

"Something was in there with him! I don't know what but it attacked him!" Sarah shouted in question.

"How do you know?!" He again shouted but to get his point across.

"Can you hear anything from inside there?!" She stayed silent for a little while as she realised he was right, but he continued to say. "He stopped responding a few minutes ago, so will you please help me with this door?!" She nodded before she put her camera down and started trying to help Mikey to push the door open, they weren't in darkness though as Mikey had his torch still on though as it was laying on the floor just used for lighting up the area. They struggled to push the door open for a while before Sarah suggested.

"Let's both charge at the door." Mikey nodded and they both stepped back to prepare for the charge before Sarah started the countdown. "Ok, one, two, three!" And they both charged at the door, it moved slightly but not fully so Sarah shouted.

"Again!" They stepped back again and she shouted. "One, two, three!" And they charged at the door, this time the hinges gave way and the door fell to the floor with a thud. They turned back around and gathered their equipment before they entered the room, once they had their equipment in hand, Sarah with her camera and Mikey with his torch they entered back into the room, it didn't take them long to find him as his unconscious body laid limp and lifeless beside the door, Sarah quickly lowered herself beside him as she shouted.

"Frank!" But Mikey too shouted.

"Sarah we need to get him out of this room, we need to get back to the others." Sarah spoke to Mikey in a calmer tone.

"I know, that's why I came to find you." It went silent for a second before she said.

"Ok, you start pulling him out into the hallway, I'll grab his camera." Mikey shouted.

"Do you really think that's important right now?!" She shouted back.

"Do you want Frank to have come in here for nothing?!" Mikey stayed quiet after that and instead proceeded to grab his friend from underneath the arms and pull him into the hall, Sarah then proceeded to find and grab Frank's camera before following after Mikey into the hall. Once in the hall Mikey asked.

"Ok, how are we supposed to get back to the others with Frank unconscious?" Sarah sighed before she said.

"I don't know, we could drag him but that would only kill us and take half a year." Mikey then spoke up to suggest.

"We could try and carry him together, but then again that would mean one of us walking backwards in the dark which isn't a good idea." Sarah then asked him.

"We could try and drag him, one at a time I mean and not bent over I mean." Mikey gave a sigh before he said.

"How about I just try and carry him over my shoulder for a while? Until we come up with a better idea." Sarah gave a laugh before she spoke.

"Well, if you think you can then let's give it a go." Mikey gave a sigh before he joked.

"Well, let's just hope he's as light as he is short." Sarah laughed in reply before she said.

"Yea, let's hope." But Mikey suddenly spoke to his friend in worry.

"How are you gonna be able to carry three bits of equipment in one?" Sarah gave a small laugh before she said.

"I'll think of something." But elsewhere in the building Ray was running down a hallway in search of his friends as he too shouted their names.

"Bob! Elly! Are you here?!" He didn't get a reply so he said.

"Oh shit." He then continued in an almost angered tone. "How far did they go?!" Ray then heard a sudden rush of wind from behind him and turned quickly, he rushed a quick. "Shit." Before he turned and started to run and shouting after his friends again.

"Bob! Elly!" He carried on running as he spoke to himself. "Gerard was right, this was a stupid idea, Amber was alone when she got attacked. I need to find the others." He again shouted for his friends as he ran through the hall in search, he just hoped none of them were hurt. But farther down the hallway Bob and Elly were continuing to explore deeper into the building, they hadn't found much else as of yet and they had contemplated on turning back, that's what Bob wanted to do but Elly was persistent. Bob let out a sigh before he spoke in an exasperated tone.

"Elly, we've been walking for ages now, let's just call it a loss and turn back." But Elly spoke with determination.

"Not yet, we will find something, I know we will, just a little longer, please." Bob gave another sigh before he said.

"That's the fourth time you've said that Ell, let's just turn back, the others are probably waiting for us by now." She gave a sigh before she started to plea.

"Please Bob, I don't wanna go back there to see everyone else with something and we have nothing, I don't wanna feel like I've failed." Bob gave a sigh before he spoke.

"You haven't failed Ell, we've gotten this far, haven't we? We've tried to find something but luck just hasn't been on our side, but we've come all the way down here all the same." She was upset so he continued. "There's nothing wrong with being the odd ones out, and to be honest I'm actually happy nothing's happened to us, I've been secretly shitting my pants this whole time." She gave a laugh before she asked.

"Really?" He gave a nod before he replied.

"Really." He stayed quiet for a second before he continued. "Ok, so let's cut our losses and head back to the others." She hesitated slightly before she gave him a small nod of confirmation and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder as he started to lead them back. But Elsewhere in the building Gerard was still sat in the main area at the bottom of the staircase with his friend still unconscious, he couldn't think of a word to say or anything to think so he just stayed silent hoping to hear his friends approaching back soon, soon he heard footsteps, light footsteps, maybe too light, but he wasn't sure so shouted.

"Guys?!" He didn't get a reply so just sighed as he said. "Must just be my imagination, trying to make me believe something's here." He hesitated for a second before he continued. "But I hope there's not." He couldn't help but think that way, he couldn't help but deny everything that that he had seen and heard, it might just be his imagination running wild, hey, maybe this is all just a dream, it isn't really happening, it can't be.

If it is just a dream then he wouldn't be in this dark, haunted mansion, he wouldn't be sitting on his own at the bottom of a staircase, his friend wouldn't be hurt, a gash across her forehead, unconscious, and his other friends wouldn't be missing... maybe they won't come back. He dreaded the thought, he refused to believe it, they will come back, he knew it, they wouldn't leave him alone to rot here, just waiting for them to return when they never would, but he knew that wouldn't happen, he could feel it in his soul, just like he could feel that they could get out of here in time, or maybe that was just hope.

He sat there and heard more noises but refused to listen, he thought of excuses, it's an old building, creaking floorboards, loose bits and bobs, drafts whistling through little cracks in the walls, everything created sound, an old building, it's bound to create its own musical with all the noises it can make, all the bangs and cracks and creaks, it can all be explained by something. For example, the large doors in front of him that lead to outside made a small creaking sound and a screech or two from the hinges as the outside winds hit it at a certain speed and direction, this action in turn can make the floorboards creak, even just a shift in movement by himself or across different sections of the building could cause a noise or two.

It can all be explained, everything can have a reason, but the more he thought about it the more he realised that he was in denial, so many things can have a logical explanation, almost all, but some of the things they've seen, some of the things he's seen, he can't even begin to describe them or make sense of them, so he won't even bother to try. So many things have happened there, he didn't believe in spirits, he doesn't believe in life after death, but he knew something was there whether it be good or bad, so they needed to get out of there, together, he knew they couldn't leave anyone behind, especially not there, not his friends.

Suddenly he heard struggled movement from the hallway on the left of the main hall and he again shouted.

"Guys?!" This time he heard a reply, it was Sarah.

"Yea Gee, it's us." He gave a sigh before he said to himself.

"Thank god." He then spoke up to ask. "Are you all ok?" It was quiet for a second before she again replied, but her voice sounded kinda strained.

"Not all of us." He got into panic mode then as he asked.

"Who's hurt?" But she didn't need to answer as she and Mikey came into view as they dragged someone across the floor by their arms, it was Frank, Gerard was still in panic so asked. "What happened?" They were still dragging him as Mikey answered.

"Something attacked him, he went into a room alone, I tried to stop him but he went in anyway and the door slammed shut behind him, after a minute or so he stopped responding." They had now dragged him so he was laid beside Gerard and Mikey finally turned around to see an unconscious Amber in Gerard's arms with his hoody rested against her head and Mikey's face turned to shock before he asked.

"What happened to her?" Gerard looked at his brother with a serious stare before he answered.

"She fell down the stairs." Mikey then asked in shock.

"Was she pushed?" But Sarah was the one who spoke.

"We don't know, we watched the footage and in it she was talking to the spirits of two dead children, she asked them where the man who killed them was, there was a knock behind her, she started to turn around and then she fell. We can't say for sure whether or not it was paranormal activity." Mikey then asked.

"But what else could it be?" Gerard raised his voice with slight anger in his tone.

"She was at the top of a staircase Mikey!" Mikey turned to his brother in shock at his shouting before he continued. "She was turning around at the top of a staircase, she could have misplaced her footing for all we know." Sarah then asked him.

"Hasn't Ray come back yet?" He was still a bit pissed so said.

"Does it look like he's here to you?" She crossed her arms in disappointment, she wasn't offended, but she wasn't happy. She didn't blame him though, people all react to situations in different ways, his was just anger and he takes it out on others, Mikey's is panic, he's scared about what was happening in there, and Sarah's is worry, she's worried about the situation, she's worried about her friends, she's worried about Frank and especially right now she's worried about Amber, they don't know what's wrong with her, she knew it could be deathly serious, life threatening, and she knew they could do nothing but sit there and wait for the others to return.

Ok guy, I hope you liked it, and like I said before, give me a bit more time for the next one, but hopefully that one won't be as long as the previous two. See you all next time.
S xx
Sign up to rate and review this story