Categories > Anime/Manga > Attack on Titan > When the Hunter Met the Lionheart

Complications

by Dorminchu 0 reviews

Levi!

Category: Attack on Titan - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] [!!!] - Published: 2015-02-25 - 353 words

0Unrated
There was trouble even before the day the plan to capture the Female Titan was to be executed.

When Levi entered the threshold of the office, he found Erwin studying a worn map of Stohess spread out upon the table before him. He took up a more casual position against the doorframe and began without pause.

"We have a problem."

The statement hung in the air.

"It's Eren."

Erwin did not divert his attention from the map. Levi pressed on.

"The plan to capture the Female Titan is going to fail."

Now Erwin spoke.

"State your case."

"Eren left shortly after the briefing. I followed him."

Erwin paused.

"What did he do?"

"He found the target, then proceeded to discuss the plan."

"And did you intervene?"

Levi threw the man a look of reticent frustration that went unnoticed.

"That was my intention. However, I lacked a bucket of cold water to separate them." Another lengthy pause. Erwin got to his feet. "He is a liability, sir." Levi stressed the point. The other man shook his head.

"I am as aware as you of that fact. He still remains a vital component to our success."

He had neglected to mention the backlash from the public should they learn of the little affair between their target and the key player of their operations. Word of such a blunder on his watch would reflect poorly upon the Scouts. All the same, Levi figured that more slander was the least of their problems at the moment. He compromised.

"The least we can do is instruct Armin to keep an eye on him."
___________________________________________________________________________________________

The boy was brought in several minutes later.

"Arlert." He looked up at the sound of his name, caught Erwin's eye and nodded.

"Yes, sir?"

"I have a task for you. I want you to keep an eye on your friend."

Armin seemed taken aback.

"You're talking about Eren?"

"Yes." Armin looked between them with an expression of mixed confusion and apprehension; he glanced at Erwin, as if on the pretense of inquiring further, but he seemed to think better of it.

"I understand, sir."
Sign up to rate and review this story