Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Stump Adoption

The Stump Adoption

by stumpling 0 reviews

Mia Fine, a girl that has been living in children's homes for most of her life gets adopted by Fall Out Boy's Patrick Stump.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Published: 2014-10-19 - Updated: 2014-10-19 - 1001 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1: The Adoption Fair

(Mia's POV)

Ah, another adoption fair. As if living in this dump isn't hard enough, they have to make a whole day when it's open all day for childless couples to arrive all day and look at tiny booklets with our life stories. It used to be exciting back when I was like 7, when I actually had interviews with couples after the fair who were interested into making me their kid. I haven't had an interview with a couple in years. Because 99% of the time couples take babies and are not interested in troubled 13 year olds that have been in these dumps for years. But whatever, I don't care. It used to hurt when I was a 7 year old, actually talking to the couples, going out a few times and hoping that they'll finally decide to get the adoption process going, but usually it stopped halfway. They'd come for an interview, take me out one or two times and that would be it. And as a dumb kid that would hurt a lot, because I had such an active imagination that I'd imagine our whole lives together. I'd imagine having parents. A mom. A dad. But now, years later I've come to peace with the fact that I'll always be a kid from the "dumping ground".

Our caretakers usually say that we should get out of our rooms when the adoption fair is going on, so the couples can actually see the kids in the little booklets. I haven't done that in years. What's the point? It's not like anyone's gonna take me. This year it was the same thing. Locked in my room, with headphones in my ears waiting for the whole day to be over and the people to leave so I can actually go downstairs and eat something without seeing a bunch of desperate-baby-wanting creeps.

And finally, the whole event is finished and the optimistic little twats commenting on the people they saw there and hoping that one of those will be their new mommy or daddy. After the fair our social workers and caretakers would hold a so called family meeting. I hated that word. We're not a family. We're just a bunch of dumped kids that no one wants and people whose job is to take care of them. But definitely NOT. A. FAMILY. On the meeting they'd tell kids which couples are interested in them and when do they have scheduled interviews with them. The worst thing ever pretty much because it's gonna be an another year in which is proven again to me that nobody wants me. The social worker Jenny is rambling. Telling little twats which people want them and when are their interviews. It's all ramble and waste of my time. I completely shut off, almost asleep because of the monotony of Jenny's voice and then suddenly, my heart skips and all of the blood rushes to my legs:

- Mia, your interview with the couple interested in you is on Friday...
- I'm sorry, what? - I ask shockingly.
- You have a couple interested in you, interview is on Friday, are you deaf kid? - she responded and handed me a paper with the people's names, and the correct time of the interview.

Oh Jenny. Her annoying persona and the over-usage of the word kid would usually make me curl my hands into fists, but I was too shocked to be angry. Someone wanted to talk to me! It was a weird feeling after around 5 years of being too old to even be a kid worth being interested in. Someone maybe wanted me as their kid!
But whatever. Don't get your hopes up, Mia. They're just gonna chit chat with you for 15 minutes, decide that you're a screw up and not ever talk to you again. I'm not even gonna look onto the paper with the people's names. Pssschhh, who cares?

The x's on my calendar have been put and Friday has come.
I didn't manage to not look at the couple's name and their records. Apparently, I have a weird mixture interested in me. The guy is a vocalist in a band that I heard of a couple of years back and his name is Patrick Stumph, while his wife is an engineer going by the name of Elisa Yao Stumph. When I learned that the duo is not exactly a classical childless couple my hopes have gotten even more down. I didn't even bother to look my best for the interview. Didn't even wash my hair. I've put on a beanie, a hoodie and I basically looked like a hobo that drives a shopping cart on the streets of NY. Just to show the weird duo how little I care about the whole thing and that I will not have them leading me on, taking me out and making me think they'll actually adopt me. No. It's either adopt me, or get the hell out. Or just get the hell out.

The clock has struck 12 and the time for my interview has come. I've entered the "interview room" (aka our usual living room that has just been cleaned and the kids have been sent to their rooms so they don't disturb) with my heart pounding. I don't care if they don't like me because they probably won't. I will not give a crap if they decide to take a baby instead of me. I will NOT. A second later I see two people sitting across the table (our usual dining table, in this case disguised as an interview table) smiling at me. Both of them seemed very short and tiny, but hell, they were sitting down. The dude was not exactly rockstar like. With light brown, almost gingerish hair, a black shirt and a grandpa looking cardigan. The lady had curly brown hair and looked somewhat Filipino. They looked cute, I guess. Not exactly what I would expect from a rockstar and an engineer.
Sign up to rate and review this story