Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines Re-Write

The two girls packed their bags hastily and followed the tall guy down the stairs “Are you sure we should be doing this?” Hozzie whispered to Penina “We don’t even know who they are, they’ve just broken into our house and-”

“Do you wanna stay here with them?” Penina glanced back up the stairs at the two beaten up men and their Mum was screaming obscenities down the stairs at the twins.

“Well, no, but-”

“We’ll be okay. They work for the FBI and they can’t be as bad as those two were, can they?”

The two girls got into the back of the car that the two men got into “What’s going on?” Penina asked “Who are you and why were you in our house?”

“Yeah, you’re welcome.” The shorter one said sarcastically.

“Hey, cut it out. They’ve got every right to have questions.” The taller one said “I’m Sam, and that’s my brother Dean.”

“Wait, you two are brothers?” Penina asked “And the FBI let you work together?”

Sam sighed “The thing is... We don’t actually work for the FBI. Our badges were fake.”

“What?” Penina asked “What do you mean?”

“Our job... It’s difficult to explain and sitting in the back of our car-”

“My car.”

“-isn’t the best way to tell you.” Sam said “There is something we can tell you though.” He took a long pause “We’re your brothers.”

The twins sat in silence until Penina started snorting with laughter “You’re kidding right?” She asked “You can’t seriously be our brothers.”

“John Winchester? He’s your Dad, right?” Dean asked.

“Oh yeah, that guy who came and saw us when were what, three or four?” Penina asked “And then disappeared and never came back. Brilliant guy.”

“Hey, cut him some slack.” Dean said “He was busy. This business takes up a lot of your time and I guess he didn’t want either of you to get hurt.”

“What business? What are you talking about?” Penina asked “And no, you know what, fuck him. Nothing should’ve been more important than seeing his kids. We would’ve been able to tell him that we hated living with Mom and maybe he’d have done something to help us. But he didn’t care.”

“Trust me, he did.” Sam said “But it’s never been easy for him. Not since our Mom died.”

“It’s never been easy for us either in case you hadn’t noticed but we’ve had to put up with it. We were just kids.” Penina said angrily.

“I know and we’re sorry.” Sam said “We only found out about the two of you a couple of years ago and we weren’t sure if we should get in touch. As far as Dad knew, you two were happy and you were safe. But if we’d have known sooner what it was like for you two, we would’ve done something to help you.”

“How did you find out then?” Penina asked.

“Our friend, Castiel, he told us. He found you and he was keeping an eye on you for a couple of days-”

“Well that’s not super creepy at all.” Penina said sarcastically.

“And he told us that you didn’t look happy and we started getting doubts. We’ve been here a couple of weeks keeping an eye on you, trying to figure out what to do. It was only when your neighbour died that we could finally speak to you.”

“You could’ve just said something.” Penina said “It’s better than finding out like this.”

“We didn’t want you to find out like this, believe me.” Sam said.

“But you’re lucky we showed up when we did.” Dean said “Have those guys hurt you before?”

“Not those guys, we only just met them.” Penina said, biting her lip “But there were other guys...”

There was silence in the car before Dean said “We’re sorry. We didn’t want you getting involved with us unless it was absolutely necessary. But... You’re safe now.” A look exchanged between the two brothers “We’ll look after you.”

“Where are we going?” Penina asked.

“Back to the bunker. These guys called the men of letters used to own it; our Grandfather was part of it. He was your Grandfather too.” Dean said “It’s safe in there, trust me.”




A few hours later they pulled up outside a door that lead to a building that looked underground “Wow, this place looks awesome.” Penina said, her eyes lighting up.

The four of them went into the bunker and the girls looked around, their eyes wide “This is much better than our crummy place back home.” Penina said “It’s awesome. But why do you live so far away from everyone else?”

“It’s safe down here.” Sam said “You see... Me and Dean are hunters.”

“That’s random.” Penina said “So you hunt like deer or...?”

“Not quite...” Dean said “We hunt supernatural things.”

“Like what?” Penina asked, smirking slightly “Ghosts and stuff?”

“Yeah, ghosts, demons, other supernatural beings... There’s a lot of stuff to learn.” Sam said “We can talk about it later but I guess you two are hungry.”

“I’ll make dinner.” Dean said “Why don’t you show the girls their rooms?”

“Sure.” Sam smiled and went down the corridor. Penina and Hozzie followed him “You guys didn’t bring a lot of stuff but that’s okay, we can get you whatever you need.”

“Thanks.” Penina said.

Sam looked at Hozzie “So do you ever talk?”

Hozzie shrugged her shoulders “She’s kind of afraid of strangers.” Penina said “She’ll be okay soon.”

“Fair enough.” Sam said “You don’t have to be afraid of us though. We’re your brothers.”

“Who’s Castiel by the way?” Penina asked, changing the subject. Hozzie smiled at her “It’s kind of a weird name. Is he a hunter too?”

“Oh, no. He’s an angel. We kind of made friends with him a couple of years ago. We call him Cas most of the time, it’s shorter and he prefers it I think.”

“Seriously?” Penina asked “You guys are friends with an angel?”

“Yeah, he’s pretty awesome.” Sam smiled. He stopped outside a door “So, Hozzie, this is your room.” He pushed the door open to reveal a bed, a wardrobe, a bedside table and a desk “Sorry that it’s pretty basic. We can decorate it if you want.”

“Wait, me and Hozzie aren’t sharing a room?” Penina asked.

“Is that a problem?”

The girls paused “No. No problem.” Penina said eventually.
Sign up to rate and review this story