Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > (now press repeat)

Leitmotif

by StormVandal 0 reviews

"Remember me in the morning."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2015-03-23 - 309 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mikey pushes open the door of The Academy, cringing when the bell jingles. There's no turning back now, because Pete, sitting at the counter with a book, has looked over and seen him. He arches an eyebrow. Mikey smiles nervously and walks over.
"Hey," he says.
"I'm surprised you're showing your face," Pete replies bluntly. "You fucked off pretty fast the other day. I thought you weren't interested."
Mikey runs his hand through his hair. "Yeah. Uh. Actually, I was wondering if you wanted to, like, get a coffee or something..."
He hopes he doesn't sound as stupid as he feels.
Pete groans and puts his book down on the counter.
"Listen," he says. "Too many guys think I'm a concept. They think I'm gonna fix them, or make them feel alive or something. But I'm just a fucked up dude looking for my own peace of mind."
Mikey smiles softly. "I remember that speech really well," he says.
Pete's shoulders relax and he laughs. "I had you pegged, didn't I?"
"I think you had the whole world pegged."
"Mmh, probably." Pete tilts his head and smiles at Mikey sadly, and Mikey swallows past the lump in his throat.
"Even after that, I still thought you were gonna save me," he admits.
"It's okay," says Pete. "I think I thought you were gonna save me too."
"It would be different if we could just give it another go." Mikey is clinging desperately to this notion like it matters at all, like they're not running out of time and fading fast. He can't help but feel like if he could just convince Pete, it would somehow save them, pull them up from beneath the surface and keep them afloat together.
"Remember me in the morning." Pete leans over the counter and cups Mikey's face in his hands. "Maybe we can."
Sign up to rate and review this story