Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 2

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date 10/3/10*

Category: Halo - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Sci-fi - Published: 2015-03-25 - Updated: 2015-03-25 - 3700 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter #2 Broken Relationships

Part #1 Sgt John Kelly

We stood on the balcony for 15 minutes. We were watching the people in the hangar. The crew started to use the hangar as a medibay. There were chairs, tables and stretchers everywhere.

Captain Veredi came up behind me and said

"You know. You could have given me your name."

I turned to face him. I had to look down to make eye contact. I was surprised that he wanted to confront me after I just 20 minutes earlier had a gun to his head.

"My names Don Caster and this is my friend Mike Brook."

I looked back at Mike to see him give a quick wave. I turned back to Captain Veredi.

He then sighed

"I realize that you did what you had to. If you would have not intervened we would hay all died." He paused. "If there is anything you need, just ask."

I thought for a minute.

"Who was the Marine standing guard outside of the Bridge?"

"That would be" He paused to think. "John Kelly."

"Is there any way I could talk to him alone?" He smiled.

He escorted me to a door labeled "Interrogation". He informed me that he couldn't stay but he would call John down.

I opened the door. Inside was a white 24X24 padded room with a dark wooden desk and two brown metal folding chairs.

I turned to Mike "Hey, stay out here. I got this." He nodded.

I entered the room. I grabbed one of the chairs and pulled it to the corner of the room. I sat down.

The chair was uncomfortably small. I eventually stood up after a few minutes.
I waited for at least 10 minutes before I heard the door open. John can through the door. He took one look at me and upholstered his M6D. He took a few steps closer to me.

"Look, I just want to talk." I tried to reason.

He replied

"Don't we all?" I could see the hate in his eyes.

Just then Mike came through the door. John turned and started shooting at him. I saw a bright white silhouette flash around him. An energy shield! I didn't wait another second. I ran to John and snatched the M6D from his hand. John took a step back from me. I pulled the magazine out and pulled the slide back, ejecting any chambered rounds.

I tossed the M6D back to John. I turned to Mike and pointed to the door

"Out!"

He looked angry. "What the Hell! He just shot me!"

He started to check himself for wounds. He looked back up at me.

"Mike your fine, just leave."

He cursed under his breath and stormed out. John went to leave. I stopped him

"Look I don't want you to hate Mike for what I did. I don't want you to be mad at me either. I've never acted like that before. I'm sorry."

He looked at me for a moment. He spit at my feet and left.

Part #2 Mike's Got Questions

I stood alone in the room for a while. I felt horrible. I just wanted forgiveness. I didn't even get to give him his magazine back.

I got out of the door to see Mike sitting against the wall across with his head in his hands.

"You alright?" I asked.

He looked up at me as he looked deeply into my eyes.

"Don, I'm confused. When he shot me, it didn't hurt. I saw a white flash and that's it! What going on? Just tell me something, anything, because I'm about to go crazy."

"Mike," I started to say as I sat down next to him

"I don't know how to explain this simple enough for you, but I'll try."

I paused. He looked over at me as I continued.

"From what I can tell, when we were in the mustang, when I started to go faster. We must have triggered something. Like in Back to the Future."

He nodded.

"We ended in the year 2525. We got tossed into an epic battle and we were on the losing side. Because of us we changed the captain's mind into leaving. Saving both us and the crew of the ship."

I stopped, trying not to go to fast for him. He looked at himself for a moment.

He looked back at me.

"What exactly did we become?"

"Mike we both ended up becoming Sangheili. Everyone will come to know us as Elites. The Elites are the military workhorse of the covenant. The Covenant is a group of aliens that want to destroy humanity. The Elites are equipped with an energy shield, which is why it didn't hurt when he shot you." I explained further.

He looked down the hallway and then back at me.

"So everything that we left, its-its-" His voice sounded heavy.

I finished what he was going to say

"Gone. We left everything behind. Family, Friends, everything."

I heard a loud wail come from Mike. He was covering his face with his hands. He was- crying. I had only seen him cry once, when his mother died from cancer. I wrapped my arm around him to comfort him. He cried for several minutes.

He finally lifted his head. He was still whimpering, his eyes were red. The side of his face was drenched in tears.

"Mike you're going to be o.k. I'm still here right?" he nodded.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

The truth was: I didn't know what was in store for us. I wanted to cry too.

Part #3 The Shelby Returns

It took Mike several minutes to regroup. He stood up and said.

"Don. You won't tell anyone will you?"

"No" I replied.

I started to stand up as I heard someone call my name. I turned to see William walking towards us.

He stopped and said.

"Hey Don. I don't know what to do, thank you or get mad at you!"

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"You broke my nose!" He paused.

"You did save me though."

Mike walked behind William and said

"Paul! He brokeded mah nose!" Mike and I laughed.

William looked at Mike and then at me.

"You two have way too much time on your hands!" he started to walk away.
I remembered his M6D.

"Will!" he turned

"I borrowed this from you?"

I pulled it from the holster and tossed it to him.

"Thanks." He said.

"Hey you remember that 'old' car I was driving?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Where is it?"

He walked passed us and said

"Follow me."

We walked for several minutes. William eventually lead us to room he called the "Butcher
Shop". We entered the room, I stopped to look around. It was a fairly large room, It had a diamond shape. It had about a 40 foot high ceiling. There was M12G1 "Warthog" Light Reconnaissance Vehicles parked on a 46* slope to the wall. The slope would cut away every 20 feet or so to create a 'pit'. These pits were about 40 feet wide. Inside each pit there was a M808B "Scorpion" Main Battle Tank and three M274 "Mongoose" Ultra-Light All-Terrain Vehicles lined up in a row next to the tank. Hanging from the ceiling were four AV-14 "Hornet" Attack VTOLs. At the other end there was an olive green sheet covering something.

William pointed at the sheet

"It's under there"

I walked over to the sheet and pulled it off. There lay my pride and joy. I walked around the Mustang, looking at the damage. The rear was the worst part. The right rear quarter panel was shoved two feet into the center. The rear bumper was hanging off. The only window left was the right passenger's window. The entire left side was crushed in. The front was scratched a little, but not much. There were scratched and minor dents everywhere. The right side had deep dents along the entire side. The hood was slightly open. I opened it. The engine was fine. There was a lose hose here and there. I spent a few seconds to check everything, to make sure that everything was connected. I closed the hood.

I walked over to the driver door. The door was stuck, but with a tug it came loose. I pushed the seat back as far as it would go. I raised the steering wheel and got in. It was small, but I fit. The key was still in the ignition, I turned it. With a few shudders, the engine came to life. I sat there for a few moments, listening to the engine. I looked over,The E-Brake was still up. I released it. I revved the engine a little before turning it off. I got out. I walked back to the trunk. I opened it to find Mike's clothing cluttered amongst my bags.

I pulled out one of my bags. I walked over to the passenger's side and put it on the roof of the car. I unzipped it. Inside there were some cloths, my uniform, and a small black box. It was my "treasure" box. I opened it. There were a few things: a bullet casing, some money, and about five photos. I grabbed the photos and looked through them: Me as a kid, my house, first day of boot camp, Mike and I in Afghanistan-. I stopped at the last photo.

It was a photo of my family. Me, my dad, mom, and my sister. I felt a tear run down my face. Everything I said to Mike was true. We had left everything behind. Friends, family, everything.
I started to feel enraged. Not at Mike, not at myself, but at the car! If it had not been for the car this would not be happening. I slammed my fist on the roof, leaving a dent and causing my bag to fall on the floor.

I sat with my back against the car. I started to cry. I looked down to see the photo of my family staring at me. I then lost it. I stood up and walked to the trunk. I pulled out the gun case. I opened it and pulled the SPAS-12 out. I took the shells from the sleeve on the top of the SPAS-12. I loaded the SPAS-12 until it was full and cocked it.

I walked back to the side of the Mustang. I picked the family photo up. I put my finger on the trigger. I was going to end it all. I was going to kill myself. I raised the gun, putting the barrel between my mandibles. I took one last look at the photo and closed my eyes. I started to pull the trigger.

Part #4 Suicide

I heard it go off, but I was still alive.

I opened my eyes to see Mike holding the SPAS-12 from my face.

"What are you doing!" Mike yelled.

Mike stared me down. My hands started to shake in anger. I pulled it from his grip.

"I'll kill you if you have to!" I screamed as I aimed it at him.

Mike then tackled me to the ground. He was fully intent on getting the gun away from me. He finally ripped it from my hands, and threw it over by the tank 20 feet away. I hit Mike in the gut. He fell over, clutching his stomach. I stood up, grabbed Mike by the neck and dragged him over to the tank.

I dropped him next to the right tread. He looked up with tears in his eyes and said

"Don, why?"

"Shut up!"

I started punching him- blow after blow he wailed in pain. I hit him until I felt his blood on my hands. I stopped and picked up the SPAS-12 once more. I stood over him. He was trying to scamper away. His dark purple blood was dipping down his neck.

Someone hit me in the side with a ½ inch pipe. I fell over. I looked up to see a man with a dark face and a short beard. He then continued to hit me with the pipe. I had managed after a few seconds of this to roll away. I stood up and tried to grab the SPAS-12. He jumped on my back, put the pipe in front of my neck and started to choke me. I had fallen to my knees. He choked me until I was about to pass out. He stopped. I looked back up to see hit punch me in the face and I passed out.

I started to wake up. Even before I opened my eyes I lied on my side from the pain. I started to couch up blood. I opened my eyes to see that someone had moved me to the wall. There was blood stained on my chest armor. I felt horrible. My entire body hurt. I had just about killed my friend. I looked up to see a bunch of UNSC Marines standing around something. I struggled to get up.

I wanted to see what was going on. As I started to approach the Marines they turned and readied there weapons. I looked passed them to see Mike and the guy who choked me talking. They looked up at me. Mike got up and grabbed the SPAS-12 from a table. He walked up to me. His left eye was closed and swollen. He had blood stained down his neck. He looked pissed.

"I don't know what your problem is, but I'm not going to be around someone who wants to kill me!"

He shoved the SPAS-12 into my chest.

"So go ahead, kill yourself! I won't stop you!" he shook his head and walked away.

The Marines left soon after. I put the SPAS-12 back in the gun case. I was alone with the man who chocked me. I started to walk towards him, as I did he grabbed a BR55HB SR Battle Rifle and aimed it at me. I noticed that there was and ace of spades on his left arm. His name tag read "Sgt John Forge". I stood there for a few moments. He then lowered his Battle Rifle.

"You did a number on your friend." Forge announced

"You almost killed him. He had a cut behind his eye I had to stitch up. You gave him a black eye."

He turned, set the Battle Rifle down, and started to pack up the Medkit.

He finished. He turned back to me.

"Other than that he threw up and cried for a while." He paused.

"I was working on Battle Rifle. I looked over when I heard a gunshot, I saw you drag him over to the tank. You started hitting him so I started to walk over- Once you picked up that gun I grabbed the pipe and hit you."

He started to wipe the Mike's purple blood off his hands- then he wiped the Medkit down.

"I think you screwed up with your friend. He's not going to trust you for a long time." He stopped, looked at the floor and sighed.

"Why did you do that to him?" He suddenly asked.

I looked around to see if anyone else was in the room.

"You got awhile?" I asked. He nodded.

"What I'm about to tell you I haven't told anyone else. You need to keep it secret."

He nodded once again. I took a deep breath- I then told him everything. I talked for over an hour. I told him was I've seen so far and what I thought was happening. When I finished he didn't say anything. He looked at his watch and told me he had to go and left.

Part #5 Hero Of War

I stood there alone for a while. I couldn't stop thinking about what I did to Mike. I walked back to my car. I got in and closed the door. I sat there for a few moments. I turned the radio on. I pushed the seek button, Nothing but static. I opened the center console. I had some CDs in there. I looked through them real quick. Rise Against: Appeal to Reason, Pink Floyd: The Wall, and Three Days Grace: OneX

I slid one into the CD player. I listened to those CDs for hours. At first they sounded rash and unfamiliar, but after 20 minutes they started to flow through my body. I went to put the last CD in. The clock said 12:56 AM. The music started to play and I recognized it instantly. Rise Against Appeal to Reason. I was blown away- I had always had a special place in my heart for Rise Against. I remembered the first song of theirs I ever heard, Kotov Syndrome.
I closed my eyes and started to soak it all in. My heart sank when I heard familiar Acoustic strumming- The song that hit me the hardest, the song that made me cry every time: Hero of War.

I started to cry- I had lived this song: My dad was a Marine- I wanted to be like him. I made friends in basic training- I thought it would be the greatest thing. I've killed many people. I've beaten people to death when it wasn't necessary. I had to shoot a little girl.

I was leader of a 12 man squad. We were securing a town. We had drawn straws for who would be the messenger to the other squads, this happened because the radios were too loud and we were trying to do it as quietly as possible.

I was walking down a road and I saw a little girl crying, she was about five. I started to approach her. As I did I made a horrible discovery: someone had strapped a bomb to her back. She looked up at me, stood up, and started to walk towards me. I tried to tell her to stay put, but she didn't understand. I started to back away. She cried even louder and started to run after me. I started to run, but tripped on something.

I rolled over on my back and tried to pull out my EMP attachment. It would have disabled any explosives. She got to close. I did the only thing I could do: I unholstered my Desert Eagle and shot her in the chest. She fell over, her crying had stopped.

The science was broken by a hit pitched ringing sound, the detonator was going off. I got up and ran as fast as I could. I dove through a deli window. I heard an explosion. The shock wave shook the entire building along with blowing all of the windows out. I got up to see the people in the deli running past me to see what happened.

There was shrapnel imbedded into the wall on the other side of the deli. I couldn't even look back, I knew what happened. I didn't want to see it- She ran after me because she was scared. What kind of sick freak could do that to a child?

Part #6 The Plan

I was awaken by the car door being opened. I looked up to see Forge.

"Hey, get up. The captain wants to see you!" He said as he shook my arm.

I looked at the clock, 11:47 AM. I turned the radio off, got out, and closed the door. I followed him out of the room, down the hall, and eventually the Bridge.

When I got to the Bridge, the only ones in there were Mike and Captain Veredi. Forge walked me in. I stood next to Mike. He didn't even look at me.

Captain Veredi looked at me and said

"Well, I've been discussing with important people about what we are going to do with you two."
He turned.

He pushed a button and a screen turned on. On the screen was a man. He was in his early 40s. He looked tired- I recognized him, Lord Hood. He was one of the best UNSC generals. Captain Veredi pushed another button, a red light came on. His expression changed as the camera Captain Veredi just turned on got focus. Captain Veredi turned and said.

"We have considered a few options: One we could take you back to Reach. Give you to the scientific community to be examined and experimented on."

I balled my hands into a fist. Mike took a step to the side.

"We have come to the conclusion that you wouldn't approve of that idea." He stopped and turned to the screen.

Lord Hood then said

"We've decide that you may be useful to the UNSC." He paused

"If this 'Covenant', as Forge called it, continues to wage war with us. You may be a key, a 'source' from the inside."

I looked over at Forge. He looked at me and walked to the other side of the room. He told them.
Idiot!

Lord Hood continued

"It would be easier for you to get inside than anyone else."

I stepped forward

"How are we supposed to do this?"

Lord Hood answered

"Captain Veredi will drop you both off at Jericho VII, where you will stay in the custody of the UNSC. Sgt Forge is going to be assigned to the next fleet going to Harvest. We will send you a ship, a mini stealth frigate, named The Audience of One. It will travel with the fleet until it gets close enough to Jericho VII. It will stop and you will be taken up to it. You can then wait until we contact you."

I looked over at Mike, he shrugged.

I turned

"Sure, why not? We got nothing else to do!"

Lord Hood smiled. He then told Captain Veredi

"I will make sure this stays classified, we don't need ONI sticking their foot in the door."
Captain Veredi said his farewell and turned the screen and the camera off. He typed something into a computer. He turned and walked up to me. He extended his arm for a handshake. As I shook his hand he said with a laugh

"Gentlemen, we never met!"
Sign up to rate and review this story