Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 10

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date: 2/16/2011*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-24 - 1329 words - Complete

0Unrated
{{IT IS MY TENTH CHAPTER!
OMG

well
i made it this far
altho ppl told me i wouldnt get here (ahem- step mom and a certain AceFhrely(watever his fag name is from {ASSFAGLY}))

BUT DAMN!

Before we start this chapter, I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for reading my fic and for all the bits of criticism (all good I might add). I am proud and surprised to see how successful Fate Twister has become; I will admit it right now: I have never written anything story wise in my life, well… there was one thing that made it to a prologue but that doesn't count. I can barely write an essay for school without dying (rofl) but, thank you all. This is only the beginning =)
}}


Chapter 10: Dear God

{A lonely road crossed another constant line}
I was awaken by an alarm, the slips-pace warning, I realized quickly.

I sat up rubbing my uninjured left eye confused, I didn't remember falling asleep. I had several questions that danced through my mind. How long was I out? My main concern, however, was the loud alarm ringing out with a soft echo that reverberated through my skull.

I stood and was almost immediately blinded by the flashing lights.

This means we were going to jump to the Shield World, the end of the line for this ship, the crew, and myself.

{Miles away from those I love, hope is hard to find}
With a groaning sigh, I got up and made my way to my window.

It wasn't a bad sight. The Covenant had barley touched Arcadia. There was still plenty of lush green hills.

It was strange however, I had never watched out the window as I ever went into space. I had never cared. I did this time, I knew why the ship was in atmosphere; the Arbiter just got on board.

If I ran as fast as I could, I could steal a Phantom and get off the ship. I could do that, but what good would it do? Ether the covenant would find me and I would be killed for heresy, or I would get captured by the UNSC and suffer a long and painful, maybe even fatal, life in a cell. Even if I did manage to get to the surface, what would I do? It would impossible for an alien to hide on a human colony.

What a beautiful view. A thought that caused me to sigh.

As the ship raised quickly, higher into the darkness, and out of the blue skies, I was able to see vast deep blue oceans of the breathtaking planet.

Oceans... vast oceans, it reminded me of home... I missed home very much... I missed a lot of things.

I put my arm up and rested on the window as I stared out into the fading blue color.

I could see everything, every detail. I could see the waves rolling across the waters; I could even see the sandy beaches, although small thin stripes, they were visible.

{While I recall all the words you spoke to me}
I wish I could be down there, on the beaches, not trying to fake my whole life and kill my former species.

I sighed as a memory took hold of me. It was of... half a year before ending up in this wonderful situation. It was from 2015, the weekend before I went back to Afghanistan.

It was when I took Morgan to California for the weekend; we had gone to the beaches there.

I completely lost myself in the memory. Usually memories of Morgan were saddening and left me in a long state of loathing, but somehow this one was different. This one brought me happiness.

It was the most realistic one I've ever experienced! I could almost feel her soft, beautiful skin; I could almost feel her warm lips against mine. It was the best feeling I've felt since this all happened to me.

I found myself trying to kiss her just once as she, along with the memory, started to fade. I was about to reunite my lips with hers, to reunite a long broken bond. I, instead, was met with the coldness of the window against the tips of my reaching mandibles.

{Cant help but wish that I was there, that's where'd I love to be}
I let out a feral snarl in frustration. I was so close, so close to receive nothing.

I only wanted to touch her, just once. That would given me everything, everything I desired and missed.

I slammed my fist in defeat against the wall as I began to weep in front of my faint reflection on the glass.

I was now broken, completely broken.

What more can you take away from me! I thought with hatred towards fate itself.

It was first my Humanity, then my best friend, my life… and now the very memory of better times.

I was done, I wanted out!

No more will you take away from me!

Shaking in anger, I slowly lowered my left hand to my other wrist. Then activating the integrated energy blade, I clenched my fist as I stared into the transluctant blue shard.

Was this the answer? I have asked myself this many times. I was beginning to think god didn't care about me anymore. I know, as does every other Christian, that suicide is a sin, but I literally have nothing left.

One question that has plagued my mind for awhile is when and if I do die, what will I look like in heaven? Will I look like? They say a soul is not defined by its body, but what does a soul take once it leaves it's vessel? Would I look like I am today, or my former human self?

Another question flew through my mind: once I was up there, would she take me back? Would she even recognize me?

"You couldn't give me a little piece of her!" I snarled upward to any higher force that might be listening

I clenched my fist and slowly raised the blade to my throat. I stood solid, and then inhaled to stop the shaking.

"I'm coming baby" I assured myself one final time.

I closed my eyes and as a tear streaks down my cheek, I started to put the blade closer towards my awaiting neck.

Just as I was about to do it, I heard her, I swear I did.

"I love you. No matter where you are you will always be in my heart" Her words rang out through my head.

That was what she said to me on my last visit home from Afghanistan.

With a tearful sigh, I dropped my arm to my side and stood there resting against the window. However, before I could do anything else, I felt the window start to shake.

I quickly opened my eyes to see a bright illumated mass getting closer to the ship. I was almost blinded by, what I assumed was the sun being reflected off of whatever that thing was.

As the mass got closer it was covered by the shadow cast by the ship. It was fairly large, and I was nervous until I read what was on the side of it.\

In white letters: Audience of One.

I had completely forgot about Sorran.

"Sorran! You Son of a bitch!" I shouted, happy that my soul had been lifted and now I realized that I had the chance to live.

Sorran was flying next to the ship as we passed through the slip space rupture.

I didn't know what to think, but this was definitely a sign. It caused me to drop to my knees to give thanks to god for listening.

"Keep her safe" was the only thing I could pray too god other than: thanks

I soon remembered something; it was from an old song I used to listen too…
Sign up to rate and review this story