Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 12

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date: 8/3/2011*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2015-04-27 - 1891 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 12~ the Light

Silence... dead silence. This is all that I was able to hear or feel as I drifted through the dark void. It was as if i was in free fall. Falling to where? How long would I fall? It had already felt like an eternity.

I closed my eyes, or I think I closed them. It didn't matter. I could not see out of them nor were they dry.

When I opened them, I miraculously managed to see a bright light. It was very small as I stared and watched intensely. My eyes strained to clearly see it, as I watched passed my hooves. My mind quickly raced with questions. Was I dead? What was the light? It strangely was familiar.

The light started to enlarge, as if I was falling quickly towards it. My eyes grew wide; I had seen this before! This was the same thing I saw before ...before becoming a Sangheili... before passing into this new life.

I squinted as the light continued to enlarge. I started to yearn, yet at the same time fear the light. I could be going home, I thought as brief montage of images flashed in my mind of Morgan. There was the possibility that I could end up worse than I was now however, that is what troubled me.

I fell silent, not even making a simple breath. I did not move as I had began to pass through. The last thing U remembered was my body tensing up, in fear of the outcome of this all.

Time: 0900hrs
Location: Unknown, Shield World Surface

Sgt. Jeffery Collins, Pvt. Chasey Moyer

"Get some fire on that Wraith!" Sgt. Collins yelled to all UNSC personnel within ear shot. This consisted of only a handful of marines and the only remaining member of his ODST team, Pvt. Moyer.

Just as soon as he had shouted the order, a Plasma Mortar fired from the wraith slammed into the ground beneath the group of marines. The blast of heated plasma physically melted the bodies of all but one of the marines to liquid, the other was sent flailing into the trees.

Seeing their odds dwindling quickly,Collins turned swiftly to Chasey.

"Chasey! fall back into the trees! Now!" He screamed at her. After telling her, he broke into a sprint for the woods. Chasey was hesitant, but only for a second. She was quickly right behind Collins.

Collins and Chasey sprinted through the light colorful vegetation. The only one who slowed was Chasey, who slowed to wipe an insect splattered upon her visor. Quickly, they ran out of room to run, a steep downward slope impeded them.

"I am not jumping off this Collins!" Chasey informed him with a quick glance over the edge.

"We might have too." Collins replied to her as the sounds of advancing Covenant drew closer and closer. Collins quickly threw an M9 Frag and then drew his M6D. Chasey dropped to her knee, MA37 raised and ready to fire.

The M9 bounced across the ground and into the underbrush, it was now unable to be seen by either ODST. Just before the Frag exploded, a series of loud growls rang out loudly. Once the frag burst it's explosive payload, the forest came to life with seemingly thousands of creatures, both native and Covenant.

Chasey fired her MA37 in short burst of fire, mixing to the louder thunderclaps of Collins' M6D, into the shaking forest edge. Chasey leveled her aim and turned to her right a a group of Unggoy scampered quickly towards them. Her MA37 made short work of the terrified grunts.

she did alright against the grunts and a few Jackals that followed the Grunts. their time was running out, their firefight was drawing attention quickly. The Duo had mowed down several Covenant; a few Grunts, Jackals, and a pair of Elites.

A large 12 foot form charged, crashing out of the vegetation in a full swing.

"Hunter!" Collins yelled at the top of his lungs. His yell was heard, but there was no time for either to react as the Hunter lunged, barrelling at them. The Hunter, with a loud gurgling growl, swung it's shield horizontally. It's shield's flat side back handed Chasey with such force it knocked the breath from her chest, as well as shattering several of her ribs. This sent her flying at Collins. Her flailing body slammed into Collins' and sent them both over the edge.

The two rolled violently down the hill, crashing and slamming into both the steep rocky slope and each other Neither could do anything to stop, or even slow, the process of their fall. They had become nothing more but rag dolls. Despite the hopelessness of the situation, their fall would end quite quickly.

Collins slammed into the ground first. He was hurt and disoriented, but none the less fine. Chasey landed just off to his right, she screamed in pain as she dealt with the torture of several injuries. Collins slowly got to his knee.

"You gonna be alright?" he asked Chasey with some breathing difficulty. Chasey was barley able to reply as she gasped painfully for air. Collins knew it was almost pointless; she should be dead... as should he. All he got in response was loud painful breaths and whimpers.

Collins pulled his helmet off and set it on the ground next to him. He ran his fingers through his short black hair. He sighed deeply, this was not the worst injury he had seen. it was nothing compared to what had happened to his "lieutenant" on harvest. Collins shivered at the thought, he would never forget that nightmare. Slowly and carefully, he removed her helmet and placed it next to his. Her hazel eyes closed as she cringed in pain once again

"Come on Chasey," Collins started calmly "I'm going to get you out of here." He assured her calmly as he looked around quickly. Chasey's weapons where no where to be seen, either lost during the fall or up on top of the cliff. Collins still miraculously had his weapons, his pistol stay in his holster while his M45 shotgun lay a few yards from him.

Collins replaced his helmet and stood slowly. After retrieving his shotgun, Collins knelt over Chasey once more. With M6D holstered and M45 strapped to his back, he gently lifted Chasey in his arms. He shifted his arms under her to even her weight evenly between his arms. This caused her to groan.

Was this the best action to be taken? no, but it was the only thing Collins could do. Normally, in this situation, the ideal thing would be keeping the injured person still. This would insure that in the event of something being broken, the break would not further injure the individual. Collins learned this in the standard Basic Medical Training. He only considered moving her because; 1: the Covenant would probably investigate the area and 2: his squad medic had died and the only things available for medical use was two rolls of bandages, some fast acting pain killers, and a roll of medical tape.

As carefully as he could, Collins began to carry her away from the cliff, his direction was unknown even to him.

Collins had been carrying Chasey for at least two hours now. He was concerned; her pain seemed to intensify every minute. It had gotten so bad that he had stopped and put some of the pain killer into her. she seemed to be doing alright now, just drowsy.

He layed her down against a tree, his arms were beginning to tire. She grunted softly in responses her weight was set down against the hard ground. Collins stood and glanced around quickly.

"Hmm" Collins thought; he needed to find shelter for chasey and him. Chasey interrupted his thoughts as she gasped. Collins turned quickly.

"Moyer? You alright?" he asked her as he walked closer to her.

"N-not really... it hurts like a bitch." She replied slowly as she lifted herself a bit. She continued to groan and cringe increasingly quickly with every breath.

"How bad is it?" Collins asked, now fully concerned.

She held her left side of her chest and began to gasp painfully. Knowing what was wrong now, Collins knelt down and placed his hands on her shoulders

"Soft breaths Chasey, soft breaths." He coached her as best he could as he injected a bit of pain killer into her arms "Breath slowly." He knew that her ribs were broken.
"Chasey," he paused to look over his shoulder "stay here." He lay his M6D beside her and stood. He turned from her and started to walk into the forest.

Collins had walked for only a short while, his distance was not a far distance, but the reason for time consumption was the fact of lush vegetation everywhere. His progress was slow until he stopped at the edge of a small clearing.

He looked around quickly and took a step forward. the sound of the crunch of frail soil beneath his boot made him stop once again. He looked down to see scorched dirt.

"Hmm" Collins quickly began to investigate the dirt. He looked down hill, the scorched continued along in a small trench that ended a fairly large distance away. He looked uphill and at the base of an incline lay a crashed Seraph class fighter. as he activated his interface zoom he could see that Its armor rest still, crumpled by tons of pressure and weight, covered with dirt. Something that surprised Collins: the rear was littered with plasma burns.

"Covies shooting Covies?" Collins chuckled at the thought as he pulled his M45 from his back and started to approach the craft.

He soon reached the side of the Craft.

"How? how do you open this piece of shit?" Collins pondered loudly as he rested his hand against the side of the craft. An illuminated interface appeared under his hand.
"Well, I'll be damned...magic fingers." He exclaimed in self pride as he took his hand away. With a loud hiss, a door opened on the side of Seraph.

Collins didn't say a word, he simply snapped his shotgun up, ready to fire in case there were any bastards who wanted to play hide and seek. Collins flipped on the M45's flashlight in the pump handle and stepped in very cautiously. Collins was smart and made sure the first two rooms he moved through were empty. Once that was finished, he turned towards the cockpit. After a few steps his gaze was forced down by dark stains upon the floor.

He lowered his gun to the floor to get a better look at the... blood. He was slightly taken back at the amount of it. The purple blood had been stained on the floor, the wall, and just about everything else around. He tensed up, that was enough blood for a pair of Elites.

"What the hell?" the question slipped from his lips as he looked towards the middle of the floor. there lay a blood covered SpecOps Elite. Collins slowly stepped across the dried blood and got close to the Elite. His armor was crumpled, like the Seraph's hull, and he lay lifeless. Collins kicked the Elite forcefully with his boot... no response.
Sign up to rate and review this story