Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 14

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date: 9/23/2011*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-27 - 2396 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 14 Realization

D'rok clung tightly to the Warthog turrets the truck propelled over an incline. With its rear suspension stretched out to their max, and the engine's loud full throttle whine, the Hog sailed through the air for about 15 yards. The Warthog, after a few seconds of flight, landed on its spinning tired with a jerk. The Warthog turned slightly as its tires spun, kicking up the dirt and loose soil under the slippery rubber, as the vehicle struggled for grip on the earth. Soon the Warthog found its way and continued to slip and slide only a little a crossed the flat, grassy plain that the trio had endured upon.

The Warthog barreled across the grassland gracefully, the only interruption being a slight dip or hump in the ground. D'rok exhaled slowly, attempting to dismiss his feelings of nervousness. Even as his body had become less and less tense, he still feared his current position. While he was thankful and grateful to have both help and the opportunity to be around his former kind, he knew that the humans did not share his feelings.

Although that D'rok would not wish to admit it, even if he was human again, he talked different. The way he walked was different, the way he ate. Even a simple task in basic nature such as grasping would most likely be difficult. For him, to be human, would to be alien.

He closed his eyes for a moment, attempting to clear his head. With another deep sigh, he opened his eyes. To erase himself from remembering his thoughts, D'rok began to look around at his passing surroundings. As he was looking carefully around, soaking in fine details of the passing hills and clouds, D'rok thought his eyes had seen something. A good distance to the Warthog's left; there stood a group of trees, underneath lay something large and seemingly metallic.

"Human! Drive to yourself to the left, for the group of trees!" D'rok ordered loudly with his bellowing voice. Collins glanced back at him and D'rok pointed for him.

Collins simply gave a nod and turned the wheel, the four tires turned quickly and soon the trio were coasting quickly towards the object. As the trio's vehicle drew closer to the object, it became apparently clear; it was a craft, A GA-TL1 Long sword. With a sliding halt, the Warthog skidded several yards through damp soil.

As the Warthog slid to a stop, Collins hopped out of the driver's seat. As he dropped to his right knee, he quickly drew his M45 from his back. Slowly, Collins scanned and stood as he moved around, checking for hostiles. He even had taken a moment to glance around the Longsword; carefully keeping his eyes trained pasted his iron sights.

"Is our flank is clear, Human?" D'rok asked, still ready on the turret.

"Yeah, come down now" Collins answered, only soon to stop. "I'm gonna go check inside, if you so much as think of touching her I will rip your goddamned throat out with my bare hands!" Collins spoke aggressively as he pointed towards Chasey, who lay sleeping.


~~

Collins entered the Longsword slowly, his shotgun fully loaded. For whatever reason the lights had been left off and the power was off as well. This meant that the Longsword wasn't prepared to be used anytime soon or whenever. The window panels were shut, making the interior dim and cold.

Collins took a short step forward, the sound of his boot colliding with the floor echoed through the empty craft. The sound caused a shiver to crawl up Collins' spine.

With a deep sigh, he rested his gun against the wall next to him. Gently, re removed his helmet and set it next to it. Collins slowly made his way towards one of the small windows on the left side of the cockpit. With a press of a button, the sun panels rotated horizontally until flat then lifted up in a stack into the ceiling above. The entering sunlight caused Collins to squint. Once his eyes were fine with the intrusive light rays, Collins looked out the window onto D'rok as a tear formed in the pit of his eyes. His darkest memory was beginning to replay in his mind as it had down several time in his frequent memory.

"Run Tim RUN!" Collins screamed at his brother as they both sprinted towards the Harvest Colonial Spaceport. No matter how fast the two young ODSTs ran however, they were being followed by a wave of seemingly endless Covenant. The enemy had been gaining ground upon them long before they had even gotten close to the Hangar. The pair leapt over a small trench, their last obstacle before the last 30 yards to the door. Both tried desperately to run faster and faster, their pursuers where no difficulties keeping.

As Collins and Tim reached only a few yards from the door, Collins was shoved into the door. Whether tripped or shoved, Collins did not know; He dove through the door landing visor first. Quickly, Collins removed and tossed aside his cracked helmet and looked back to see his brother pulled back out the door by a materializing Elite.

"Jeff!" Tim screamed at his lungs limits as he attempted to draw his M6D from his side. The ultra, unhindered by the kicking, struggling ODST, lifted him by his back off the ground. As Tim got his sidearm loose, the Ultra Plunged its energy dagger into Tim's side.

The dying ODST jerked from the Blades entry, this caused Time to drop his M6D as he attempted to get the blade out. The M6D bounced and slide in Collins direction. With a scream of hatred and extreme pain, Collins quickly grabbed his brother's gun and fired the Pistol as fast as the Fire pin would allow.

Several rounds, about eight of the ten fired, struck the Ultra in the chest. The Elite's shields flared and quickly depleted as the explosive tipped rounds ate his shields away. The last two proved fatal as one lanced into the Ultra's mid neck section and the last plunging through its helmet's eye piece, breaking the glass and going into its skull.

The Alien collapsed forward, dropping a still barley alive Timothy. The injured ODST screamed and fell into a panic as he tried desperately to crawl into the hangar. The open doors closed and sealed shut just as the ODST could reach a few inches of the door.

"No!" Collins' scream lasted seconds; a pair of Marines had gotten to his side and pleaded with him to hurry, that his brother could not be saved.

Collins watched, screaming for the reopening of the doors, his brother's broken face of fear and loss. Over the trench and through the thick smoke of the remnants of a lost battle, marched a golden armored Elite, a high rank as it would seem. The elite approached the helpless Timothy quickly, energy sword in left hand. Collins was certain he could see the thing wearing an evil grin as it stopped, standing over the ODST.

Tim, once realizing his near end, turned himself facing up as the Elite shoved its energy sword into his screaming helmet. Tim became limp; his young adult life had ended in near escape. The Elite looked up from his kill at Collins, glaring through the Bullet proof glass with high satisfaction.

"Look at you tremble, morning your fallen brethren" The Elite spoke, disgracing Collins, along with his pride more than anything, with a hiss. "Your race of filth has bred no warriors, only cowards!" The Elite roared with laughter. That laughter was the only sound that could have been heard over Collins' screams as the pair of marines desperately dragged Collins from the scene towards the awaiting DXT- 27 Transport ship.

In his state of rage, Collins broke free 50 or so yards from the ship. He slipped from one of the Marine's grip and with no holding back; punched the other dead in the face. While the injured one recoiled from the strike, the other's neck was met with a Pistol whip. Dealing an injury worthy of placing anyone in a brace, the marine collapsed, screaming on the floor.

Collins, now free from restraint, raced back towards the door. Once he reached it, his few seconds to open it held no success before several UNSC Personnel reached and restrained the now lunatic Collins. Even as the men dragged Collins to the ship, they gave him shot after shot of Sedatives. Unfortunately, adding to an already scaring event, Collins was thrown into the brig, now a limp and broken man. ~~

The tear dropped off of Collins' cheek as his memory ended. How could he trust D'rok, after all his "brothers" had taken? They had reaped humanity of all they had, even existence itself, one of the only things that seemed remaining, was on the verge of being lost. As his angry quickly built, his hands became tight, clenched fists.

With clenched teeth and hate Collins stepped off the ramp, M45 in hand. Collins aimed his shotgun and blasted off an unsuccessful shot at D'rok. This caused D'rok to about ump from his skin as he slide behind the rear section of the Warthog.

"Human!" D'rok yelled in shock. The shot itself had awaken Chasey, who had almost fell out of the Warthog as she scrambled for her MA37.

"Come out you bastard!" Collins screamed as he fired another shot, that one ricochet off the rear quarter panel of the Warthog, spraying sparks from its side.

"Collins, Stop! He isn't going to hurt us!" Chasey shouted, exiting the vehicle in attempts to get to him.

"Bullshit!" Collins stated "they have killed billions of us and of all of them; there is one that magically doesn't hurt humans! I don't trust him at all!"

"Human, I beg you; end your attempts to harm both me and yourself!" D'rok pleaded.

"What the hell do you know, Splitlip? I'm not gonna let you backstab us!" Collins retorted.

"Human, if I may point out that if I was going to kill you, I would have done so already. Let me also inform you that in this current situation, I would prevail, your weapon is out ranged by mine. If I wished harm to you, I would have fired back!" D'rok pointed out cleverly.

Collins felt a hand press down upon his gun.

"He is right Collins, put the gun down" Chasey reasoned calmly with him.

"Fine, get him out of my sight" Collins demanded after a tense momentary stare off with Chasey. He stormed off to the other side of the Longsword, Chasey stood there shaking her head.

"Elite!" Chasey called to D'rok "come inside with me." She looked up at him, waving him closer. D'rok, staying close to her for a sense of safety from Collins, followed her into the Longsword. Chasey led D'rok into the cockpit, with a grunt; she sat down at the controls.

"Well…" She started with a sigh "if she isn't too hurt I can fly her" She pointed out as she flipped a switch above her left side. The interior lights flickered slightly as they began to gradually illuminate the cabin. "Ok…the engines seem ok, flaps and levers all good… full tank of fuel. Only thing she would need is a system calibration." She listed off things necessary to flight regardless of D'rok listening or not.

Listening halfheartedly, D'rok had been looking around in the cabin; he quizzically wondered what the rear of the ship might hold.

"Female," He said softly "what might the back of the ship hold?" He asked her, tilting his head curiously.

"Back there… a weapons locker and maybe some other basic supplies…go back there and check it out" She suggested.

"I will, female… feel free to call me by my name; D'rok. If you can pronounce that" He told her as he began to make his way towards the rear of the Longsword. With a quick inspection of the 15x15 ft. square room, in the left rear corner sit a medium sized box; labeled 'M247 General Purpose Machine Gun'. Next to that, rest a midsized closed gun chest, its white painted UNSC emblem upon the door had been scraped and faded. Close to D'rok, in the corner closest to D'rok's left, sit a four foot crate.

D'rok made his way to the crate, resting his Plasma Repeater against to the nearby wall, and after a moment of inspection, D'rok removed the latches and was able to remove the crates lid. Inside, the contents lay organized: a box of C10 explosive, bonding tape, several other implements and components, as well as a long range wireless detonator.

"Hmm" D'rok mumbled as he stood quickly, after that, D'rok proceeded to open the gun chest. Contained inside; a mix of several arms. To list them right to left, D'rok tried to silently name them all.

"Designated Marksman Rifle… MA…*he paused to think "30 something assault rifle… M6Ds" The last his eyes read, was a brown elongated case; down the side read: SpNKr.

Outside, Collins currently stood next to the nose of the Longsword, Scanning the far horizon with his binoculars, not really doing anything in particular besides passing time. That was until he spotted several faint grey objects perpendicular to the ground.

"Chasey! Get out here now!" He yelled for her, hearing him through an opened window, she came out fairly quickly. Once out, he showed her the objects.

"What are they?" She asked him, almost panicking.

"I have no idea." Collins looked over at her "do you think he knows? He suggested.

Chasey moved quickly to D'rok, proceeding to drag him out as fast as her 5'10 figure could lead a 8'7 alien. Once there Collins grudgingly handed D'rok the Bifocals. D'rok tried to put them up to his eyes; it was difficult due to the fact that his head was too big for the human instrument. That bit frustrated him somewhat, but he quickly simply used one side. Putting the lens to his right eye, it didn't take long before he spotted what they wanted to show him. As he did, his hearts began to race; his eyes grew as he slowly lowered the eyepiece.

"D'rok? What is wrong?" Chasey asked, but received no answer.
Sign up to rate and review this story