Categories > Anime/Manga > Zoids > Zoids: Awakening

Chapter 02: The Big Reveal – Doc's Surprise

by deathzealot 0 reviews

Bit explains his past to the Team and the Doc surprises Bit with a new zoid

Category: Zoids - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Characters: Bit Cloud - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2015-05-05 - 4241 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I hereby declare that I do not own the anime or franchise known as Zoids for it is owned by TOMY and Hasbro. I only lay claim to my own creations that I created for the purpose of this story. Thank You.

Zoids New Century Awakening

A Zoids Fanfiction Story

Written by,

William R. Woods

"Deathzealot" or,

"deathzealotzero"

Chapter 02: The Big Reveal – Doc's Surprise

The Sub-Continent of Elemia is really a part of the larger Europa Continent but due raising ocean levels during part of the year flooding the thin strip of land that connect Elemia to Europa it is considered a separate continent from time to time. It is also the site of the elite Class S battles of the Zoid Battle Commission which mainly take part in the large Elemia Desert which covers the majority of the continent…


- Taken from Complete Atlas of Zi

-o-o-o-o-

Blitz Team Base
Valley of the Moon
Europa, Planet Zi


In the small room that served as combined briefing room and common room for the Blitz Team Base you could hear a pin drop as everyone in the room looked at the figure of Bit Cloud, ace pilot of the team, who had just mentioned that he was going to be leaving the team. In the front of the room the team's leader and manager Doctor Steven Toros only sighed at this before nodding his head.

"Then I take it you are going to explain to everyone the reason behind this decision then Bit?" Toros asked eying the red-haired figure of his daughter who looked like she was ready to explode in anger at this announcement.

"Of course Doc. I am not going to leave everyone hanging about this for one I don't think I would get out of this base alive if I did so," Bit joked with a small smile on his face as he also eyed the figure of Leena Toros beside him. This drew a few small surprised laughs from the others in the room before Toros nodded and waved the younger man to take his place at the front of the room. Bit got up from the couch and made his way towards the Doc who stepped to one side of the room. As he stepped up to the front of the room Bit retrieved the rumpled envelope from his pocket before placing it on the top of the main computer work station before turning to look at the others with a frown.

"I am sure you all are shocked and surprised about this decision but I do have a good reason. I mentioned to a few of you in the past that my dream before I joined this team was to build my own perfect Zoid which was the reason I was a Junk Dealer and collecting Zoid Parts when I first met the Blitz Team and the Tiger Team," he mentioned with a small smile as he nodded to Omari who rolled his eyes at this comment. He was quite pleased to see everyone now turning their full attention to him instead of exploding in anger and such.

"However what I never explained was the reason behind this dream of mine," he said with a sigh before entering a command into the computer station which soon brought up a satellite view of the Eastern Continent of Zi onto the still activated holo-projector. This made the others in the room look in confusion at the image for not many where familiar with how the Eastern Continent looked.

"The reason behind this dream of mine was to help in the defense of my home town, Windmill Colony on the Eastern Continent," he mentioned nodding to the image on the holo-screen which made a couple of the pilots in the room hiss in surprise for while many did not known how the Eastern Continent looked, especially those who had been raised on Europa, they still knew what the Eastern Continent was and had at least some idea what was going on said Continent.

"As I am sure you are all aware this continent is rife with bandit groups and zoid thieves who roam the countryside of the continent and attack the unwary. This is unlike Europa who has the overall larger power of the Zoid Battle Commission holding everything together, the Eastern Continent on the other hand doesn't have such a force to be able to do that. Therefore the small towns and villages that are spread across the Eastern Continent are left to raise small militias to defend themselves against these attacks from the roaming bandit groups. However while the attacks are a constant threat to the inhabitants of the these villages and towns it is quite rare for bandits to do more than damaging a few buildings or killing a few people before they are chased off by the militia. The smaller villages though that don't really have the population or funds to really raise a militia to defend themselves are left to be constantly raided by these bandits when they want to. This is the state of the Eastern Continent and is a constant battle between the Militias and the Bandits," he explained with a blank face as he stared at the holo-image of the large continent that he had once called home.

"This constant battle prevents much of these villages and towns from developing anything more advanced than the equipment and gear needed for a basic living. The most advanced technology they have are the Zoids that they have managed to find or buy from traders which allows the militias to fight against the bandits who are similarly equipped with recovered Zoids. Therefore they have no real computers or anything more advanced which also as a side-effect of cutting the continent off from the rest of the planet due to this," he continued on as he picked up the envelope from the work station showing it to the others. He then opened the envelope and retrieved the also rumbled letter from it once more.

"However it seems like this constant struggle between militia and bandit has gotten worse with several bandit groups allying with one another which gives them a chance to overwhelm the militias with sheer numbers. This has already seen a few of the villages all pretty much wiped as the bandits destroying their militias and raiding the villages themselves," he said illustrating the problem as he laid the now opened letter onto the workstation which scanned the letter before displaying it on the holo-screen.

"I received this letter from the woman, who while is not my mother did help raise me, a week ago soon after I finished the upgrade cycle to the Liger Zero. It explains the new bandit alliance along with the news that my older brother Clyde was killed during an attack on Windmill Colony my home town several weeks ago," he sadly explained allowing the others to read the letter on the screen. The others in the room who had looked shocked and surprised at his announcement were now looking horrified or troubled from this news.

"Therefore I have decided to leave the team before heading to the Eastern Continent and seeing about helping my home town to fight off these attacks. It was a decision that I have been dwelling on for the past few days and been wondering what I should do with this news. I have talked with the Zoid Battle Commission about this but they still have their hands full with everything going on here, not mention they are not that willing to send forces across the ocean to the Eastern Continent for little gain," he said finishing the explanation with a long drawn out sigh as he leaned against the work station. He then looked around at the others in the room, all of which had supportive looks on their faces as they stared at him. He was surprised when Leena got up from her spot and drew him into a hug.

"It's okay Bit I understand that you need to help your family but please don't forget you also have family here as well. If I could I would gladly go with you to help fight against these bandits that are reasonable for the death of your brother. But…" she mentioned as she looked up at him with a sad look on her face. Bit could only nod in understanding for the Blitz Team are the Royal Cup winners and if they lost any more people they wouldn't be able to enter Class S which would see them disqualified from battling. This is not something anyone in the team wanted for it would prevent them from ever return to battling in the future.

"No worries I understand Leena," Bit replied with a soft smile on his face as he looked down at her. Then the others started to approach him to give him their support on this decision. He smiled pleased at this while he shook hands with the guys while he hugged both Leena and Naomi. Finally Doc Toros clapped his hands and brought the room's attention back to him.

"Alright everyone I do believe this meeting is now officially over. Let's get everything ready to be loaded onto the Hover Cargo while I go pick it up. That reminds me. Bit I am going to need your help when I go pick up the Hover Cargo for I have quite a surprise for you," the Doc explained which saw the others nodding and leaving the room behind not before giving Bit some final words of encouragement. Bit blinked at this as he looked over at the Doc wondering what the man had up his sleeve.

"What's up Doc?" he asked as the older man started to lead him out of the tactical room and into the base proper heading towards the hanger.

"Well Bit I know that you would need a way to get back home therefore I made a few arrangements to help you with that," the man mentioned with a smile as the two entered the hanger and towards one of the bases jeeps. Bit frowned at this as he eyed the older man for he really hoped that the man did not use any of the Blitz Team Funds to buy a way for him to get to the Eastern Continent. However he didn't say anything as he climbed into the passenger side of the jeep and eyed the Doctor as he started up the vehicle.

"Okay Doc I'll bite. What sort of arrangements did you make?" he asked as the jeep started to pull out of the hanger and onto the thin road that lead to the base.

"Ah! That would be telling Bit," the Doc replied with a small laugh making Bit even more worried for the last time the Doc did anything like this he had the Liger CAS Armors made and handed him the bill. That took a large chunk out of his winnings from the Royal Cup to finish paying it off. Instead of replying though he instead leaned back and waited for he could always refuse whatever the Doc had planned. He also made sure to not sign anything the man gave him before reading it thoroughly. Pretty soon the small jeep left the Valley of the Moon behind and on towards wherever the Doc wanted to take him to.

-o-o-o-o-

HoverTech Limited Development Facility
Joshua Ruins, Europa
Planet Zi


Around twenty minutes later found the small jeep approaching a towering hill of rock and stone in the middle of the desert. Bit frowned at this before the jeep approached the side of this hill which sported a massive hatch hidden in the shadow of the slowly sinking sun that made Bit raise an eyebrow in confusion before a smaller hatch next to the larger hatch slid open with a groan of old gears. The Doc then pulled the jeep into a darkened tunnel which started to lead down before they entered a huge open bay that made Bit eyes widen in surprise. However as the Doc brought the vehicle to a stop Bit could see that the bay was not empty for a pair of large figures graced the bay with various scaffolding encasing them.

The first figure was clearly a Hover Cargo Series Transport Zoid, one he quickly recognized as the Blitz Team's Hover Cargo. It looked to be not only upgraded from its older look but it looked almost like it was brand-new. It no longer looked beat up and roughed up like it had been since he first saw it during that fateful battle between the Blitz Team and the Tiger Team. The blue shell that made up the Transport's hanger looked to be quite wider and a bit larger then he remembered which would help in carrying the extra zoids that had been added to the team. The head of the transport had also been enlarged a bit with it almost as tall as the Hover Cargo's cockpit and a bit longer as well. The transport weapons looked to be entirely new with the laser repeaters looked a bit larger than the older weapon mounts. The twin heavy beam cannons up front that flanked the head also looked to be brand-new as well.

However his eyes then slid over to the second large figure that was next to the Hover Cargo and gasped in surprise. For while it clearly was related in some way to the Hover Cargo it clearly was quite different then the smaller snail-like transport Zoid. For one this new transport was quite taller and larger than even the upgraded Hover Cargo. The head of the transport was no longer semi-detached from the rest of the transport like on a Hover Cargo, instead it was fully integrated into the rest of the transport no longer making it a head really. This new head section went all the up to the cockpit which itself was extended from the front of the shell forming a sort of new head for the transport. A small laser repeater weapon mount was placed in front of the new cockpit section with the pair of heavy beam cannons, similar to those on the Hover Cargo flanked either side of the new forward section.

The shell of this transport looked to be the most different from the basic Hover Cargo with it being vastly taller and wider than the one on the Hover Cargo. On either side of the shell were a pair of side extensions, again similar to those on the Hover Cargo but far longer and thicker. On each of these extensions where a pair of larger cannon turrets, with one on top and the other mirroring it on the bottom. Then there was the rear section which on the Hover Cargo looked to be a tower of some sort but on this new transport it now seemed to look like a cross shape but it was thicker and larger even taller than the shell itself. On top of this cross-like section was a pair of similar laser repeater mounts to those on the Hover Cargo. With a final third repeater on the very top of the cross facing forward while the other repeaters faced backwards. The final section was the base section which the shell and tower where on top of on the Hover Cargo. It was the same with this transport but it was far taller and thicker than the base on the Hover Cargo as well as sporting what looked to be a large hatch-like door on the top which was also part of the shell as well. It also looked to sport some living sections due to the windows that graced the side of this new base section.

After several minutes Bit finally managed to pull his eyes away from the large transport before looking over the pleased-looking figure of Doc Toros who was leaning forward over the jeep's wheel and looking up at the new transport a pleased look on his face.

"What the heck is that Doc?" Bit finally managed to ask making the man look over at him with a smile.

"That Bit Cloud is the new Hover Vector, a militarized and expanded variant of the Hover Cargo," an unknown but amused voice answered his question instead of the Doc making Bit turn to look to the side seeing a tall woman approaching the Jeep. Finally for the first time Bit noticed that there were several people moving about the bay, all of which worn the now familiar colors of HoverTech Limited.

"Ah! Miss Klein it is nice to see you," the Doc mentioned with a large smile and wave to the woman before turning to look at Bit.

"Bit this is Laura Klein the Director, and CEO of HoverTech Limited, Miss Klein this is Bit Cloud as I am sure you are aware," the older man said introducing the two which saw Bit shaking the woman's hand. However Bit was quite surprised for the woman only looked to be maybe a year or two older then him and was such a high figure in a major company like HoverTech. Even then Bit quickly exchanged a nod and a smile with the woman before turning his attention back to the towering form of this new Hover Vector.

"So a militarized Hover Cargo?" Bit asked as he once more started to eye the transport noticing a few more details that he had missed the first time. Like the catapult of the transport while similar to that of the Hover Cargo was a bit different with it looking a bit slimmer. Granted he couldn't really tell anything further about that thanks to the catapult being in stand-bye mode. The other major detail he now noticed was that was there looked to be two major hatches along the rear end of the transport, one that was lower to the ground while a second one was on the top.

"Correct Mister Cloud. Using the data and such provided by Doctor Toros on his upgraded Hover Cargo along with his own experience we created this new Transport Zoid for the use of the different militaries across Zi. Already the Commission Security Forces along with the Arcadia Defense Force and the Emirate Self Defense Forces have expressed an interest in purchasing a few of these new zoids," the woman explained with a small pleased smile on her face as she looked up at the new transport zoid herself. Bit nodded impressed for he knew that these zoids would be perfect for Security Forces of the Zoid Battle Commission and their mission of protecting the spread out villages and towns of Europa especially with them expanding their zoid unit. The other two other mentioned militaries Bit knew where the defense forces of the Kingdom of Arcadia, the largest nation on the continent of Nyx and the United Emirate of Zi a large island nation that was the half-way point between Europa and the Eastern Continent.

"We designed it to be a mobile base and fortress in one package therefore is equipped with the equipment needed to do so. This includes a pair of Type-III Zoid Maintenance Bays, the new CAS-II System developed by Doctor Toros, a full modern communication suite, a fully equipped crew and living section, a large main cargo bay which is able to carry the supplies needed for a lengthy journey, and other needed amenities," the woman explained with a proud look on her face once Bit noticed was copied by the Doc. Even then Bit was quite impressed with this new transport for it did seemed like the company had crossed a Whale King with the Hover Cargo to develop this new transport. For he knew Whale Kings had all of that inside its immense internal space alongside a large zoid hanger for carrying zoids. He was also impressed that the transport had the new version of the Conversion Armor System that the Doc had first developed for the use of the Liger Zero and its armor system which he had later improved upon due to suggestions coming from not only Bit but others. This new system wasn't just capable of swapping the armors of the Liger but now could do the same with other zoids swapping out damaged parts and weapons for new ones. Combined this new system with the large maintenance bays and equally large cargo bays carrying spare parts gave the transport the ability to keep its own compliment of zoids in the fight for far longer without a support of a large fixed base installation. However Bit soon shook his head for he really needed to start getting ready for his journey to the Eastern Continent.

"Alright Doc I shouldn't really take any further time here therefore I assumed you brought me here to help you with moving the Hover Cargo back to base?" Bit asked turning to look over at the Doc after a few more minutes of eying this new Hover Vector for it did like a more meaner and powerful version of the Hover Cargo.

"Not exactly Bit for like I mentioned I had I surprise for you. Miss Klein you want to do the honors then?" the Doc mentioned with a large grin on his face and that old feeling Bit had when the Doc first dragged him out here returned with a vengeance before he looked over at the woman who could only smile back at him before handing him a small data pad. Confused Bit looked down at the screen of the Pad and nearly dropped it in surprise for displayed on the small screen was the cover page of ownership papers for a Transport Zoid with his name and such already filled in.

"The Hover Vector its now yours Mister Cloud," the woman said with a chuckle at this gob smacked look before she exchanged amused looks with Doc Toros while Bit continued to stare down at the data pad in shock for this was the last thing he thought the Doc was going to surprise him with before he looked back up at the large form of the new transport in shock.

-o-End-o-

Post Chapter Notes

Well here is the second chapter of my new Zoid Story and again we have some changes going on from the older story. Like I mentioned last chapter this story is Bit's story therefore besides the through explanation of the Team in the last chapter there are going to have little impact on the story itself which is why I glazed over the first section of this chapter.

However the highlight of this chapter I think is the Hover Vector which is the combined form of the Go Cargo and War Cargo from the old Sabers Story. Even then it is more than just a larger version of the Hover Cargo like I originally imagined the Go Cargo as in Sabers. Instead it is truly a separate variant from the Hover Cargo which is also a bit militarized which makes it similar to say an Ultrasaureus in that it is not really a transport zoid but a full-on Fortress Zoid like said Ultrasaureus. We will get a better look at it in the next chapter as Bit is taken on a tour of said zoid.

Also we get a brief explanation of the Eastern Continent in this chapter which is starting to seem like a New Century version of the Zi in Zoids Genesis with some new stuff thrown in to make it different. This shall be further expanded on in the coming chapters.

That said I have started to plot out much of this story in my head and have separated it into several different "Books" or rather arcs. With this chapter and the next couple are going to be Book One: Departure, and Book Two: Journeys will start around chapter five hopefully. I have up to Book Five plotted out in my head with some tidbits for later in story forming now.

However, I am quite upset with that I have received nothing at all in the ways of reviews, or even alerts for this story, not even a simple 'U suck' message. I know people are reading this due to the view counts but I am getting nothing in return here. Therefore I may just leave this story hanging while I move back to Black Flag or just simply move to the next story idea I have on my list. Which is quite long by the way. I may also move this story to other sites for there are a couple I can think of that should work.

Alright I believe I shall stop this here before I really have the notes here so long like the last chapter which I am quite sorry for by the way. Till next chapter folks!

Next Chapter Preview

Bit here again everyone, and I must say this new Hover Vector is quite a large and powerful Zoid. Now it belongs to me, however how am I am going to be able to run this large fortress like zoid by myself. What? There's Another Surprise! Some new allies as well? What's going on here…Next Time on Zoids: Enter The Towering Fortress – A Few Good Men
Sign up to rate and review this story