Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Heaven and Earth

Nothing but Trouble

by Noizchild 0 reviews

While Anna contemplates the current situation and watches over the baby, someone is snooping around the damaged house.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2015-05-17 - 540 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twelve: Nothing but Trouble:

October 5th, 2010.

Anna stared at the baby. Poor thing/, /so little. She shook her head and sighed. How did this happen? The baby ended up with her and Tsuzuki. Anna gently played with the little toes. She is kind of cute, though.

Many questions still remained.

-Last Night-

"We have no choice," Tsuzuki told her. "So, we'll keep her here for the time being."

"Why?" Anna asked. "Neither one of us knows how to take care of a baby."

"I know that, but we don't have any options."

"But…" Anna frowned, impatiently tapping her finger on her arm. She had an unspoken fear about the situation that she was not ready to share.

"What do you suggest we do?" Tsuzuki asked. His wife hesitated. He rubbed her between the shoulders.

"See?" he asked. "She's better off here with us." The shinigami rested his hand on her cheek. "It won't be too long. I promise."

-Now-

Anna looked at the sleeping child in the futon next to her. I really hope this temporary. She thought. I don't know what to do. Looking at the baby's face made her wonder.

"Who would want to make you an orphan, hmm...?" she wondered. The storm was obviously a weapon. It made sense after doing a little research an Okinawa's weather on the night of October 2nd. Nobody else in Japan experienced a storm that intense. As she recalled this information, Anna sweetly studied the baby's sleeping face.

"Do you think the storm was because of you?" she asked. The woman shook her head. Nah/, she thought. /Why would they? She's just a baby. Still, she knew this wouldn't work for too long. Surely this child must have a family somewhere. Maybe an aunt or grandparents looking for her? Anna frowned. There lies another problem.

The bodies in house had no ids on them or anywhere else. Tsuzuki and Hisoka went back to check around the house and found nothing. Further inspection yielded little to no clues either. However, the woman wasn't Japanese.

-Yesterday-

Tsuzuki and Anna sat at their dining table, eating.

"Anything on her parents?" Anna asked.

"No," Tsuzuki answered.

"No?"

He lowered his chopsticks. "We're not sure, but we think the woman was from China."

"How can you tell?"

"Watari examined her teeth, or rather her fangs."

"Fangs?"

"Yes, Watari's running an analysis right now."

"So you're saying the baby's probably…"

"It would appear to be so."

-Present-

"So, it seems that you're possibly a half-caste too," Anna cooed as she held the baby. That's when another thought filled her head. "Oh, you don't even have a name, do you?" she asked the baby. With that, one came to mind.

"Kirika," Anna let slip out.

October 3rd, 2010.

11:47 p.m.

A man in a black hoodie broke into the ruined house, making a beeline for the back bedroom. To his disappointment, the room was empty. His gritted his teeth as he dialed his phone.

"Yeah, it's me," he said in Chinese. "Someone beat us here. It's not here. I mean it's gone already. I mean it's gone already. I don't know. I won't panic!" He was cursing under his breath when he disconnected the call. Then, simply vanished.
Sign up to rate and review this story