Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Eye of Hallow

Chapter 2: Traitors

by WasARainbow 0 reviews

How can darkness be so unpredictable? How could they have come to such a maddening place on purpose? Hallow would not let them live. They all knew this, but two enemies that were once friends can't...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Naruto,Orochimaru,Sakura,Sasuke,Temari - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2015-05-29 - 1448 words

-1TrainWreck
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Naruto or the characters of Naruto. This is a non-profit fan made story.

WARNING: Foul language, minor violence and hinted male X male.

NOTE: There may be spelling and grammar mistakes. I am currently looking for an editor.

PAIRING: Sasuke X Naruto

The Eye of Hallow

Chapter 2: Traitors


Wrinkled hands gripped a sealed note in the dark.“Sasuke? Sir?”

Black eyes flew open. “What is it?” Sasuke said with a grunt. It felt like he had only just fallen asleep. Was it morning? Or did this old man have a death wish?

“A message from Orochimaru.” Said an elderly doctor. His spectacles glinted in the soft light of what was left of a melted candle. He held out the bit of paper for Sasuke to take.

At this Sasuke rose from his bunk and snached the mesang from the Dr.’s hand. The old man then quickly left the dark room to continue some gruesome experiments in another chamber. Sasuke read over the note with the slightest hint of a frown on his face. He knew that their was never a need for him to remember that ninjas name.

“Naruto? NARUTO!” A red sun was peeking through the round window and it’s soft golden glow swept across a sleeping figure.

“Huh?” Moaned a very sleepy ninja.

“Wake up!” Yelled Sakura from outside his door. “We have to go scouting today! Remember?”

Naruto sat up and removed his fluffy sleeping cap from his bright yellow head. “Alright, I’m up! I’m up!” He yawned and then fell back onto his covers. “Gotta go do my ninja duty,” he mumbled. Then he took one last deep breath into his nice soft pillow and warm brown mattress and his polka dot--

“NARUTO!” This time Naruto flung out of bed and landed in a heap on the hard gravel floor.

“Okay!” He whined.

“Humph, your such a baby sometimes!” Sakura called.

Naruto resentfully got up and got ready. “Today's going to be a long day.” He grumbled out loud to himself.

It was a few minutes later when Naruto joined a large group of people huddled together on the sandy road. In the middle of the crowd was a blond woman wearing a short-sleeved, black and red kimono which perfectly matched the large black and red fan that hung off her back. She asked for silence when she noticed that the orange ninja from the Leaf had finally joined them. “Your late Naruto.” She glared in a half hearted way. Sakura who stood behind her gave him a similar expression.

“Sorry, sorry,” Naruto apologized sheepishly. “This place is so warm it makes me sleepy.”

Sakura sighed. “It’s partially my fault Temari. I should have known he wouldn’t be up on time and should have gotten him up sooner.”

The woman smiled “It’s alright Sakura we are familiar with Naruto’s antics. However...” At this Temari faced Naruto directly. “If you want to become the head of your village like my brother Gaara, you’ll need to start acting more reliable otherwise others will not rely on you.” The entire group gazed at the teenage boy amongst them.

“I know,” said Naruto earnestly. Nothing was going to stop him from becoming Hokage of the Leaf Village.

“Good,” said Temari. “Now we’ll need to find volunteers for mission 1.23. Which will be gathering information about subject ROTIART’s exact whereabouts.”

“Subject ROTIART?” Naruto whispered in question to Sakura as Temari continued her speech.

Sakura frowned. “It’s a code name for Sasuke.” She whispered back hastily before continuing to listen to their new orders.

“Group A will be scouting this section of the village.” Temari pointed to Sakura and Naruto. “Group B will go to the North, Group C will go to the South and Group D will head West. Remember that the task we have in store is a S rank mission and we will need the stealthiest of ninja to succeed. Are there any questions?” Naruto saw that some of the Sand Ninja around him seemed to have skeptical looks on their faces but none gave voice to their opinions.

“Alright,” said Temari. “Move out!” As soon as the words left her lips the ninjas scattered, disappearing into the Amber village only leaving swirling sand behind them. Naruto went to several houses marked on a scroll and asked several ninja if they would be willing to join their mission. However most turned the offer down when they heard the details of what was expected of them. The only few that were willing to be involved only said they would join because it was a request from the Kazekage. Just about every single person Naruto asked had given him an incredulous look and it was only after Naruto finished his rounds that a realization struck him. A deep scowl crossed his face. The code name for Sasuke, ROTIART was the word Traitor spelled backwards.

Illustration: [image]
Red and Black eye’s surveyed the small dark room before them. There was a tray of old food, an empty cup of tea and a man dozing in a small brown cot. When the area seemed secure the red in Sasuke Uchiha’s eyes disappeared and he stepped into the room. The man in the cot rose when he heard the other ninjas footsteps. Sasuke closed the door behind him and asked “What did you find yesterday?”

The man dusted off his pants and adjusted the thin scarf around his neck before speaking. “ As Orochimaru predicted there was a large pile of stones by the foot of the West side of the mountain. The stones were covered in large strange symbols. I could not decipher any meaning from them. ”

“Did you write the symbols down as ordered?”

“Yes they are all here in this scroll.” The unnamed ninja handed a scroll to Sasuke.

The teen unrolled it and glanced at the unusual symbols scattered across the paper.

“Very good,” said Sasuke. He then tucked the scroll in his pocket and made to leave. However before he was through the door, the teen’s eye’s went from black to red and a kunai was removed from a hidden pocket in his sleeve. In a flash the man was pinned against the wall of the compound by the kunai which was flung into his right arm. A look of shock and horror crossed the man’s face.

“W-Why? I've done everything Orochimaru has asked of me!” The man nearly shrieked. “He-he swore! He swore he would let me go back to my family after this mission!” The man was desperate and tried to yank his arm away without prevail.

“I’m afraid you’ve been too naive and believed in him,” said Sasuke coldly. He then formed a symbol with his hands. “Amaterasu.”

Sasuke's Black flames surrounded the room. The heat from the fire filled the entire compound and created a welcoming warmth that warmed the resident's inside. For the underground dwellers it was the warmest any of them had been for a long time. For Sasuke it was the first time he had been ordered to kill since this mission started. When the smoke and flames cleared the man was gone. In his place was… nothing! There was no mark. No smolder... even the warmth rapidly disappeared. Something wasn't right.

Crack.

The tea cup on the small wooden table split in two. Inside the tea leaves that had been left behind from the previous drank formed a symbol that started to glow blue.

“Shit!” Sasuke yelled, then dashed out of the room before it exploded. Dirt snow and ash all mixed together as the roof crumpled and seval ninja came rushing to stop the flow of cold from seeping in. What had been the the warmest the compound had ever been quickly turned into the coldest it had ever been.

As the ninja tried their best to clean up the wreck of what was left of the room Sasuke tried to gather his thoughts. “Dammit,” he scolded himself in his mind. He had just barely escaped the explosion. That ninja knew what was coming and had prepared for him. To think he had been taken off guard so easily! He had looked at that tea cup before entering the room but he didn’t care to take notice of what position the tea leaves inside had been posed in. That ninja had been far more clever than he let on and now… Now he would have to report his mistake to Orochimaru himself. “Grate,” said Sasuke out loud. “I don’t even remember the traitor's name.”
Sign up to rate and review this story