Categories > Movies > Star Wars

The Apprentice Hunt

by andrew_3507 0 reviews

Partially trained Jedi, Kalak Undca, is in hot pursuit of his captured apprentice, Herinic Phim. He'll travel across the galaxy, defeat countless enemies, and face innumerable perils, all to save t...

Category: Star Wars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2015-06-05 - 1850 words

1Original
Prologue
Kalak Undca, or the shield as he was known by majority of the Galaxy, rushed through the rain drenched streets of Chandrila, his brown leather boots sopping wet. The dark cloak that streamed from his broad shoulders, trailed behind him on the wet path. Kal could feel the dark ripples in the force. Dark and powerful. Kodim was near.
He dropped his hand to the cylinder shaped hilt at his right hip. He would save Herinic Phim , whether it be through diplomacy or brawn. Kal hastened his steps; his apprentice's life hung in the balance.
As much as Kalak Undca hated to admit it, Kodim was cunning. He had goaded Herinic out of hiding, and thus had eased Kal out. The darkness in the force grew stronger by the second. It led him to an old rundown building. The metal was painted a blood red, chipped in some places. The entire structure emitted the darkside.
Kalak gestured to the rag tag band of rebels that followed behind him to stop, then whispered, “I'll lead the way, you cover me.”
Alesnoe, a human female, nodded and readied her heavy blaster pistol. “You're the master.” She was attractive, or for human standards she was. With pinned back brown hair, green eyes and full lips. Her combat suit didn't do her figure justice.
The other three nodded. There was Rarho, another human, though this one male. He was of a big build, and towered over Kalak. His blonde hair was cut to regulation length. Rarho armed himself with a blaster rifle. Next came Luzu, a Mirialan woman. Her ebony hair braided, and a black geometric print was tattooed across her face and hands. She carried duel holdout pistols. The final rebel was a green skinned Twi'lek male, named Sorhafo. His two head tails were adorned with a red wrap, Sorhafo's arm was burdened with a flame projector.
Kal stepped forward, and used the force to fumble with the locking mechanism of the door. He pictured the inter workings, and then focused his energy on undoing it. With a satisfying click the door swung open.
“Get in, get Herinic, get out.” Kalak told his team quietly. He said it in a hushed tone, even though he was positive Kodim already knew of their arrival.
The building they entered was dark. Dark and cold. No problem for Kalak, who was used to swimming in the murk. The faint aroma of motor oil hung in the damp air, along with the stench of the sith: Death, suffering and arrogance. Kalak tipped his head, rying to hear something, anything, that would give them a clue of Heirinic's whereabouts. He waited to a count of sixty seconds before shaking his mass of head tails, trying to clear his mind. A clouded mind was no good for the force. Kalak took a few steps forward, gesturing for his team to follow.
The darkness was abruptly ended by a bright purple shock, and the silence was ended by a loud crackling. In less than a moment, Kal's lightsaber was up, the green blade ready to ward off whatever came at them. A surge of force lightning, aimed at Kalak, hit the hue of his saber. He stumbled back a couple of steps, and had he hairs on his blue arms, they would have surely been standing. As was, he could smell the burning wool of his tunic.
In the flash he'd seen the red skinned togruta known as Kodim. He was tall, with striped curved horns that protruded from the top of his head, framed his face, and rested across his breast. He leapt forward, red lightsaber in hand. Obviously Kal's squad had seen him too, because blue blaster bolts shot; all were easily parried.
“Rebel scum!” Kodim shrieked, revealing pointed teeth to Kalak.
Kal met him in the center of the room, their blades clashed in an angry hiss. “Go find Herinic!” He shouted to his small army.
The enemies circled around eachother, scanning for any form of weakness in their defenses.
Kodim thrust forward, “It will be a true honor to kill the 'Shield.” Kal deflected the blade with a downward swing.
“A feat you will never achieve,” Kalak answered, sending an ark against the Sith.
“You're too confident, Jedi,” Kodim said, bringing his blade up to deflect Kal's. He shot a blast of force energy, propelling Kalak against one of the metal walls. It buckled under the impact.
The wind escaped the Jedi's lungs, and he fell to the ground in a heap. Kal pushed himself up and reactivated his saber. “Pretty cheap establishment you're running,” he said. “If it collapses after one hit.”
“Maybe you are just getting fat,” The T ogruta snapped, sending another wave of force lightning towards Kalak.
He caught it on his lightsaber, and responded with his own force push.
Kodim was driven from his feet, back crashing against the wall, it sagged. Somehow the Togruta had managed to keep a grasp on his weapon. He stood, shook his head, and snarled, “Nautolan scum, go back to your swamp.” Kodim shrugged off his black robe, revealing a charcoal coloured tunic and pants. He wore black leather boots, and a utility belt. “You can join your brother, and become one with force. Permanently.”
Kalak charged forward, green lightsaber swinging. He was seconds away from his enemy, when he was hoisted into the air. His blade fell from his finger tips, and his airway was constricted. A force choke. Kal thrashed about, a vain attempt to free himself.
“Now you die, Shield.” Kodim hissed.
Kalak's already bulging black eyes, bulged even more, and his blue skin paled. He struggled to clear his mind, pushing away the anger, the pain, the humiliation, and instead replaced it with innerpeace. Kal stretched out his arms and hands, palms facing up, and focused; a blast of force energy erupted from him.
Kodim crashed into the wall. Hard. Except this time he didn't have the willpower to stand up.
Kal rubbed the tension out of his throat, and dragged himself forward to his lightsaber, sputtering as he went. He clutched on to the metal cylinder, pushed himself to one knee, and ultimately stood. Kalak pressed the button on his weapon, causing the green blade to shoot up. He towered over Kodim. “Where is he?” Kal demanded.
Kodim laughed, showing off yellow teeth. “You'll never find him.”
“Just you wait and see.” Kalak hissed. He heaved him from the ground with the force, and catapulted him through the metal wall with a shriek of steel.


Chapter One

Kalak stood in the master's chambers of the ZH-25 Questor. Technically he wasn't the captain, that honor was Luzu's, but the crew had all agreed this room should be his, and his alone. The area was void of furniture, save an uncomfortable sleep couch and a washing station, but it was good for silent mediation.
Kal walked to the washing station, splashed a cool jet of water on his face, and peered into the mirror. As he expected, a familiar face stared back : His skin was a pale blue with the occasional pink scar. The headtails that covered his head were adorned with black and purple ties. He looked, for the most part, like your run of the mill Nautolan. The only major difference was a black branding on his neck in the shape of a shield. It reminded him to protect the helpless. He'd taken off his robes, and donned a simple white tunic and pants.
He looked out of his window, they had left the planet almost two hours ago. It felt good to be moving. Kalak had been looking for his apprentice for nigh three months now, and the trail had run cold at Chandrila. But it felt like, if they kept mobile, with every inch they got closer to Herinic. They'd scour every planet in the Galaxy if that's what it came down to. Despite the lack of solid evidence, Kalak thought he knew where his young apprentice was: Brentaal. It was just a hunch, just a feeling in his gut; but as a Jedi, or rather partial Jedi, he'd learned to trust his instincts. So Brentaal had been plotted into the ship's navigator.
A powerful knock at the door, which Kal suspected to be caused by Rarho, echoed throughout the entire chambers.
“Rarho here,” a deep human voice boomed, confirming Kalak's suspicions. “Just wanted to make sure you are okay. You sounded really uptight, made me a little nervous.”
That was just like the man. Of all his crew, Ra would always be the first to check up on him. It's was just the kind of person he was.
Kalak punched the code in for his door, and it retracted into the frame. “Come on in, Rarho.”
“Hello,” the tall man said. He'd changed from laminate armour to a simple vest, that showed off muscular arms. His pants and hands were grease stained.
Kal nodded to him, and smiled. “Been working on your guns again?”
“Yeah,” Rarho admitted, wiping some of the grime from his hands on to his vest. “What have you been up to?”
“Thinking.”
Rarho nodded, as if that\s what he expected. “Do you want to talk about it?”
Kalak shook his head, “No that's fine.”
“Well why don't you come to the common room?” Rarho suggested.
“I'll find my way there eventually,” Kal said. “I'll meet you there.”
Rarho looked like he was reluctant to go, but he was a soldier, and a soldier followed orders. He nodded, and exited the room, leaving Kal to his thoughts.
Kalak paced, hands behind his back, mind racing. What if Heirinc was dead? He'd be leading his squad into potential death, and for what? A dead Padawan? The answer was simple: He'd have to find Heirinc on his own, even if that meant he'd become one with the force. Kal had to tell his team.

He used the force to summon his lightsaber, attached it to his belt, and strode from the room.
Kal entered the Crew's Quarters. A steel box, just a bit longer than the Captain's Chamber;s The room consisted of four sleeping couches, and nothing else. Alesnoe dozed in her bed, her soft snoring audible throughout the whole room. Kalak was sure to be quiet as to not wake her.
He then entered a corridor, the walls decorated with a hand painted mural, depicting a starship battle. The floor was covered with a red carpet, it had become encrusted with blood, sweat, and spilt drinks. Kalak made his way past the hallway, through the loading bay, and into another corridor. This one boasted another painting. A meditating Jedi.
Kalak entered the common area. It was a large room, the size of the captain and crew's chambers combined. A collection of three black couches, a single armchair, and a large table, occupied by two sets of feet. One belonged to Rarho, the other Sorhafo's.
“Hello,” The Twi'lek said, placing his feet on the ground.
The human grinned, “Glad you could make it.”








Sign up to rate and review this story