Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unhinged

Chapter 34

by nikki13088 0 reviews

This story takes place a few months after the final battle, the trio returns to Hogwarts to finish school and Lucius is becoming more powerful and with an army of Death Eaters a new threat washes n...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny,Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2015-06-07 - 6785 words - Complete

0Unrated


She let out a loud gasp as she tried to desperately search for some kind of air to fill her lungs. She sat up and looked all around the dark room and tried to calm her rapid breathing and wiped the sweat and tears from her face. It looked like she was in Draco's room, but it was so much darker then she remembered; the corners of the room were pitch black and she felt like someone was there with her. Her body trembled in fear and she tried to steady herself enough to stand up and it was when she tried moving that she realized how sore her body was and she glanced down to her arms. There were bandages around them and bruises all over her; she frantically tried to think back to what happened. She heard movement across the room that caused her to jump and take a few steps back; her heart was racing so fast that it became painful.

"Dr.....Draco?" she called out, hoping it was somehow him.

When she didn't hear a response she let out a whimper and slid to the floor in a frightened ball and hugged her knees to her chest. She closed her eyes for a moment; hoping it was all just a bad nightmare and then slowly opened them again and her breath caught in her throat at the sight before her. She was standing in the chamber of secrets suddenly and she quickly closed her eyes again and buried her face in her knees. She was so scared she thought she would be sick at any moment, even the smell of the room changed to the smell of the chamber that she never did forget.

"This isn't real," she kept whispering to herself through her tears.

She heard footsteps coming closer to her and she slowly looked up to see her sitting back in Draco's room, but this time there was indeed a figure standing above her. It stepped forward and knelt down before her and flashed a menacing smile. Ginny's body completely froze when she saw Warren only inches away from her and he suddenly reached out to grab her, causing a blood curdling scream to erupt from her mouth.

___________________________________________

Draco's eyes snapped open at the sound of Ginny's screams filling the house and he jumped up from the couch that he had fallen asleep on and took the steps two at a time up to his room. He wasn't the only one that heard the screaming, apparently at seeing the hallway full of people running towards his room also. He went to go open the door to see if she was ok, but he stopped himself and thought about it for a moment; she could very well be tricking him again like all the other times. He pulled out his wand and kept fighting with himself about whether he should open the door or not; he glanced at the others to read their expressions and they all seemed as hesitant as he was. He jumped back suddenly when he heard what he assumed was Ginny's body hitting the door and banging on it wildly; trying to open the doorknob and screaming for them to let her out.

"HELP ME! PLEASE LET ME OUT OF HERE! OPEN THE DOOR, PLEASE!" she screamed on top of her lungs.

Ginny's fists were bleeding from how hard she was pounding on the door to get out and she tried with all her might to break down the door. She kept feeling herself being tugged backwards away from the door by whatever evilness was trying to get back inside her. Her throat burned from the piercing screams she continuously let out.

"I'm opening it" Draco said, after hearing her heart wrenching pleas for help.

He barely got the door unlocked when he felt Ginny collide right into him; her nails digging into him as she clung to him with a deadly grip. She didn't even look at him, instead she whipped her head around to still see the dark figure coming closer to her and she went to make a run for it when Draco pulled her back.

"Hey, are you ok?" he studied her closely, but she was hysterical and kept urging him to move away from the room away from the darkness that waited for her. "Ginny, you need to stay in there." he said to her calmly.

"NO PLEASE, DON'T MAKE ME GO BACK IN THERE!" she cried, trying to pull her arm out of his grip so hard until she was on the floor, trying with everything in her to free herself from him.

"Mr. Malfoy, the potion" McGonagall said.

Draco reached into his pocket and pulled out the potion to put her to sleep. "Ginny, you need to take this, it will help you calm down." he said in a sad tone as his emotions started rising at seeing the state she was in.

"NO, DRACO PLEASE! LISTEN TO ME! IT'S ME GINNY I PROMISE PLEASE DON'T PUT ME BACK IN THERE PLEASE!" she screamed at him, her tears streaming effortlessly down her pale cheeks.

He hung his head and tightly squeezed his eyes to hide the tears that threatened to fall and then he looked back up at her. "Gin-"

He was cut off when she was suddenly ripped from his arms by her ankle; her head slamming against the floor and her body being dragged back into the room. Draco's instincts had him leap forward and grab her hand to try and pull her back. His eyes grew wide when he was met with what was on the other end of this tug of war over Ginny. It just looked like a cloud of black smoke that wrapped itself around one of Ginny's legs and started circling her body. Harry went to go grab Ginny's other hand, when one hard tug made Ginny's hand slip through Draco's grasp and pulled her into the hovering darkness that filled the bedroom. The vials in Draco's hand suddenly busted into pieces, making him give a small growl of pain as pieces of glass cut his hand. The bedroom door suddenly slammed shut and he ignored the pain in his hand and ran to it and tried opening it with every spell he could think of, but he was having no luck.

Inside the room, Ginny could feel this........ thing grabbing at her clothes, touching her body and she felt her lungs filling with the thick smoke that surrounded her. She tried screaming out as she heard the banging on the bedroom door, but she couldn't collect a big enough breath for any sound to come out. She managed to ignite a spark of her powers hoping that it would scare this entity away, but instead it suffocated any power she tried to conjure up.

Draco was slamming his body as hard as he could against the door to open it when he suddenly saw Bill beside him bring his foot up in a barbaric gesture and kicked it roughly. On the third attempt along with Draco's body slamming against it, the door busted open making Draco loose his footing and almost topple to the floor.

He went to run to Ginny, but stopped when he saw her body lift off the floor; this darkness surrounding her like black flames. He could barely make out her red hair and was only able to watch helplessly as this evilness entered her body. He heard her screaming through it all and knew she was suffering; his eyes on the verge of tears now. His powers were useless against her right now and with a sad face he turned to Harry.

"Take her out." he choked out.

Harry looked at him for a moment; he knew exactly what Draco wanted him to do and he shook his head for a moment. McGonagall placed a gentle hand on Harry's shoulder and gave him a small nod that she agreed with Draco and Harry then let out a sigh and turned to the rest of them.

"Put up a Protego charm to protect yourselves." he said, locking eyes with Luna for a moment who gave him a small sad smile.

Harry took a few deep breaths and focused on Ginny's screams from the bedroom which he used to get in the right state of mind. He looked at her face that was stained with tears and contorted into a look of unbearable pain. He put his hands out and opened his palms and allowed his powers to take over; he closed his eyes and let a surge of energy run through him. It wasn't long after, that the lights in the house started flickering and then went out altogether and Draco could feel the hairs on his arms stand up. Harry opened his eyes and they changed to an electrical gold and soon he was surrounded by electrical waves and hesitantly placed his hand on the floor. The wave of electricity slithered across the floor and stopped right under Ginny and then flew up and hit her with an electrical bolt. She threw her head back in pain and let out a heartbreaking scream; her body twitching and convulsing from the electrifying waves that ran through her body. Soon all the black smoke faded into her body and she fell to the floor unconscious; making Harry pull his powers back. He fell to his knees on the floor in a mixture of weakness from the use of them and from what he had to do to Ginny. Draco didn't waste any time running to her side and picking her limp body up in his arms.

"GINNY! GINNY!" he cried, hugging her body to his.

Madame Pomfrey ran to her and checked her pulse before giving Draco a nod that she was still alive and then checked Ginny's head from where she banged it on the floor.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley watched the whole scene unfold and were a bit in shock at what they had just witnessed and knew to be inside of their daughter. Narcissa walked over to Draco and knelt down beside him; slowly bringing her hand up to place on his shoulder.

"Draco-"

"Don't," he whispered to her with anger. "Just..... just go check on the twins." he said, burying his face in Ginny's messy hair.

Narcissa tried not to take his cold response to heart and just gave a small nod and left the room; receiving a sad look from McGonagall and the others.

"Best to get her back in bed Mr. Malfoy, she will be out for a few hours I'm afraid." Madame Pomfrey said in a soft voice before getting up and joining the crowd of others in the hall.

"Why don't you lot head downstairs." Mr. Weasley said to everyone; leaving just him Mrs. Weasley and McGonagall in the hall.

"Draco, she needs to stay under the influence of the sleeping draught to see if that works, otherwise we are all at risk, but more importantly, your children are." McGonagall said in the nicest tone she could muster up while still holding a stern note to it.

Draco would have protested, but after seeing the horrible experience Ginny just went through, he knew it was what needed to be done for now and so he gave a small nod. He got up from the floor and placed Ginny's unconscious body gently in bed and tucked her in; brushing a fiery strand of hair out of her face. He got up and muttered a quick Repairo spell on the door before closing it and locking her in again; not saying another word to any of them and making his way into the bathroom.

Once he was in the bathroom and he heard the rest of them make their way downstairs, he slumped to the floor and grabbed his hair in frustration. He tried so hard to keep any emotions inside, but it was too much to hold in and he let out an emotional breath. He just kept seeing the scene play out again and again; how Ginny latched to him thinking he would help her and he just dismissed her feelings...... like she was completely mental. He didn't realize the extent of what they were dealing with until he saw it in its natural form and that made him scared for Ginny. He was so angry, he just wanted his Father dead now and he had no idea why he responded to his Mother the way he did. Surely he didn't blame her for any of this, did he? That wouldn't be right, she had nothing to do with it, unless he counted the fact that she was the one who showed Lucius that disabling charm during Voldemort's time. If she hadn't then the letter never would have made it through the wards, but he knew he was just looking for someone to blame because he was angry and Lucius wasn't around to take it out on.

He wiped away the tears that he hadn't realized slipped out and took a look at the ice covered bathroom; also not realizing how angry and emotional he seemed to be. There wasn't one spot in the room that wasn't covered in thick ice making Draco finally get up and pull himself together. He had to go talk to his Mother, he just couldn't be angry at her for something she had no part in really. He waited a few moments for the ice to fade away more from the room before he finally made his way out and then downstairs.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Draco....... Draco"

He stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes to Mrs. Weasley standing over him and he blinked a few times to take in his surroundings.

"Why don't you go head upstairs to bed and I'll stay down here with the twins." She said softly; patting him on the arm.

Draco was tempted to take her up on her offer; he had barely slept since this whole thing with Ginny started and he wanted to make sure he was downstairs with the babies. He had meant to talk to his Mother earlier, but it was late into the night and he had to feed Ember. He glanced at the clock and saw it was a little after five in the morning and he looked at Mrs. Weasley again and sat up.

"It's ok, they will probably be getting up anytime now and-"

"No worries dear, you need the rest; besides Narcissa will up shortly anyway and she can give me a hand if needed..... Now go on." she said with a small smile.

He let out a tired, defeated sigh and nodded before making his way towards the stairs and then stopped to look at Mrs. Weasley again, who was making a cup of tea now.

"Did I hurt her feelings?" he asked suddenly.

"Well, I think a bit, but I also think she knows your just angry." Mrs. Weasley said with her back turned to him while she added sugar to her cup.

Draco took a seat at the table and ran his hands through his hair. "I don't know why I snapped at her; I'm just..... I don't even know what to think or how to feel; I just know I'm angry and I'm scared for Ginny. I just want this nightmare to be over with already and......." he trailed off not even sure why he was confiding in Mrs. Weasley in the first place, but it was just so easy to talk to her.

Mrs. Weasley turned to face him and gave a small smile and took a seat across from him. "Draco, listen to me; one thing I realized as a Mother from the very first time my children could start talking, was that they will always say things they don't mean, especially when they are angry or emotional. She's your Mother, regardless of the relationship you guys had in the past, she knows you're just angry; sometimes certain things just sting a bit more, but don't beat yourself up over it." she finished; gently rubbing his hand before getting up and finished making her cup of tea. "Now off to bed with you.... go on." she ordered.

Draco just gave a small smirk, then got up to make his way upstairs to fit in some shut eye. He was just about to make his way into Ginny's room when he saw his Mother walking down the hall; getting ready to make her way downstairs. He let out a sigh and then approached her and opened his mouth to speak when she lifted her hand to cut him off.

"You don't have to say anything; go get some sleep, Draco." she said with a smile and then gently pulled him into a hug.

He was a bit taken aback at how easy his Mother had pushed his cold demeanor towards her aside and so lovingly embraced him. He and his Mother had definitely become closer which he was so thankful for, but certain gestures from her still were awkward for him and he was still getting used to.

She pulled away and gave him another smile and continued walking.

"You know I'm going to kill him." he said, not turning to face her.

She stopped and turned to look at the back of his head. "I know." she said quietly.

He turned to her and just gave a small nod and then watched her walk downstairs before he made his way into Ginny's room and threw himself on her bed. Draco wasn't sure what made him say that to his Mother, but he couldn't help but think how his Mother would react to seeing him kill her husband. He thought if anything she would be just as willing to kill him herself after everything he put them through, but why was he questioning all of this suddenly. It must have been the anger he had been holding in; he had nowhere to vent it and the only way he ever knew how to deal with anger was in a harmful way. God, how he wished Ginny was here for him to go to; even when he didn't want to talk about things, just being around her was enough. His thoughts had just started to be consumed by Ginny when he drifted off into a deep sleep.

____________________________________________________________________

One soft knock reached Draco's ears, then another and he started opening his eyes and let them adjust to take in the bedroom. He glanced at the clock and saw it was a little after noon and was surprised he had slept that long without anyone coming to get him. He heard another knock.

"Come in," he lazily called; rubbing his eyes.

Nobody came in.

"I SAID, COME IN!" he called louder.

Again, nobody answered or came in and Draco threw his legs over the bed and swiftly walked over to the door and pulled it open. "I said come-" he stopped and saw that nobody was there and then stuck his head in the hall to see if anyone was there.

He then heard the knock again and turned towards the wall in the bedroom, the one that joined his and Ginny's room. He walked closer to the wall and he heard the knock again and for some reason his breath caught in his throat. He brought his hand up and gave a knock of his own and didn't hear anything after that so he put his ear closer to the wall and knocked again. Instead of a knock back, he heard a huge bang against the wall, causing him to stagger backwards in surprise and fall to the floor. He jumped to his feet and ran to his room where Ginny was and quickly unlocked the door and threw it open with his wand drawn. He felt a shiver run down his spine when he realized Ginny was still out cold from earlier and there was nothing out of place in the room.

"What the hell." he mumbled to himself; looking all around the room.

He slowly walked over to Ginny and sat on the edge of the bed and gently picked up her hand. If he didn't feel a pulse on her he would have swore she was dead with how she looked right now; her hair was a stringy mess and her skin a pale gray. She had giant dark circles under her eyes and her lips were dry, cracked and hardly had any of that soft pink color to them that Draco loved so much.

"Ginny?" he whispered.

He was a bit shocked when she immediately opened her eyes and locked them with his; he didn't expect her to answer to her name. He just stared at her for a few moments while he tried to find his voice.

"Uh... how are you feeling?" he finally managed to get out.

Just then Madame Pomfrey was standing in the doorway and walked over to Draco. "Ah, I see Miss Weasley is awake; best to follow Kingsley's orders and give her this, Mr. Malfoy." she said, handing Draco a vial with sleeping potion in it. She then leaned down to whisper in his ear. "You don't want another incident like earlier." she said, gently patting his shoulder before exiting the room.

Draco just held the potion in his hand and then looked at Ginny again, her face held no emotion.

"Can I see them?" she said suddenly; her eyes softening a bit.

Draco shook his head. "You know you can't Gin-"

"Please...... I want to see them." she choked out, her emotions finally coming out.

This was one of the hardest things Draco had to do; to tell the woman he loved and the Mother of his children she couldn't see her own babies........ and because she might hurt them; it was appalling to even think about.

"I'm sorry Ginny; here take this." he said, leaning forward to tilt the potion in her mouth.

She quickly pushed his hand away. "NO!" she yelled, a look of fear in her eyes. "Please don't put me to sleep...... it's horrible...... it's just me and....... it." she cried.

"You have to take it Ginny, you're putting everyone at risk if you don't; believe me this kills me that I have to do this, but-"

She just shook her head. "Please don't, it's worse when I'm asleep...... I'm scared."

Draco got up from the bed and paced the room in frustration; running his hands through his already messy hair. Was she messing with him? She didn't look like she was, but still he saw how scared she was earlier and how much pain she went through; her screams still echoed in his ears.

"I'm sorry Ginny." he said, then swiftly walked over to her and went to tilt the potion in her mouth.

She quickly brought her hands up to stop him, but he waved his wand to bind her and quickly spilled it in her mouth, then covered it with his hand and pinched her nose so she would swallow it. He finally felt her swallow the potion and he released the bind and removed his hand from her mouth and nose. She didn't say anything to him, she just cried and Draco did too; this was too much for him to handle. He knelt down beside the bed and looked at her.

"This isn't easy for me Ginny....... I want to do what's best for you, but I need to do what's best for our children first and I know that's what you would want." he choked out; gently stroking her cheek with his thumb.

She gave a small tearful nod that she understood.

"Everything in your mind isn't real....... it just wants you to think it is; you need to remember that Ginny."

Her eyes started to droop and she looked at him with fearful eyes, "But.....it is.... real." She whispered just before she let the potion take her into another deep sleep.

Draco just watched her with wide eyes for a moment before getting up and leaving the room; closing the door behind him a bit louder than he should've. He slid to the floor and let his emotions get the better of him; not caring who saw him at this moment........ he just didn't know what to do anymore. It wasn't long before someone noticed and approached him and gently put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze, then pulled him into a hug. He didn't care who it was or how he must look right now, all he knew was that Ginny seemed to be wasting away in the room behind him and all he could do was stand by and watch it happen.

"I know how hard this must be for you Draco; Molly and I can't stomach the idea of us just sitting back waiting and hoping for this thing to leave Ginny alone." Arthur said softly.

Draco felt a bit awkward now that he realized it was Mr. Weasley, who was consoling him, but there was something about the way the man spoke to him that had such a fatherly feel; something Draco had never felt before. Every day the Weasley's surprised him with how welcoming they were of him and how they treated him like part of the family; he never thought he would experience love like this ever in his life. Despite these feelings he had towards them, he still was quite awkward with being so vulnerable in front of Mr. Weasley and so he quickly got to his feet.

"I need to....... use the bathroom." he mumbled before quickly making his way towards the bathroom and closing the door.

___________________________________________________

Ginny looked all around her and saw nothing but blackness; she could sense the presence of someone else with her. Every time she was asleep, it was just her and this darkness; it was constantly taunting her and making her see things that weren't there. Numerous times she felt the hands of Warren on her body; violating her over and over again. She found herself in the chamber face to face with Tom Riddle again and had visions of hurting her children and Draco. She was stuck in her own mind feeling everything and seeing everything and every so often she would see a small glimmer of light and run towards it only to be dragged back in.

"Just leave me alone." she cried over and over, hugging her knees close to her chest.

She saw that small flash of light in the distance again and quickly got to her feet and ran to it and as she ran it just kept getting further and further away. She felt two familiar hands grab her suddenly and she tried with all her might to break free from the prying forceful hands that groped her body once more. She soon gave in to the darkness and let it take her to that torturous place in her mind where literally nobody could hear her scream.

_______________________________________________________

Dinner time came that night and Draco mostly pushed around the food on his plate; all he could think about was Ginny. He continued to take care of Ember and Scorpius as much as he could without any help, but sometimes it was unavoidable. Every time he looked at his children he saw Ginny and it just kept eating away at him that she was laying up in bed in a sedative state. He pushed his plate back and checked on the twins real quick before going to do his routine visit into his room to see Ginny. He made it a point to do most of what Madame Pomfrey was doing to take care of Ginny because he felt so helpless every other way when it came to helping Ginny through this.

He climbed the stairs and made his way to his bedroom; after quietly opening it, he made his way inside and over to the side of Ginny's bed. He noticed immediately something was wrong with her; her arms and wrists were bruised and she was tossing and turning. He wasn't sure if he should try to wake her up or not, so continued to keep an eye on her for another moment. He saw her suddenly grip the sheets tightly in her hands and let out a painful whimper and he watched tears squeeze out through her closed eyes and slide down her face. He pulled out his wand quickly and remembered the spell Madame Pomfrey told him in case he should need to wake her.

"Enervate" he said quickly, pointing his wand at her.

Ginny's eyes immediately shot open and she was breathing heavy and tried to sit up, but grabbed her head in pain instead and continued to lay there.

"Ginny, are you ok?" he asked her softly.

She just stared at him and then she had him help her sit up. "Can I take a shower?" she asked abruptly.

Draco gave a soft sigh and then nodded, helping her out of the bed. She was a bit wobbly from laying in bed so much and Draco helped her to the bathroom; worrying if he would regret letting her out of the room like this. He was too busy thinking about how nice it felt to have Ginny's body against his right now; to be holding her even if it wasn't the greatest of circumstances. They soon arrived at the bathroom and he closed the door behind them.

"You're going to stay in here as I shower?" she asked. "What am I a prisoner?" she scoffed.

"I'm just making sure you're alright." he responded softly.

She sighed and then slipped off her clothes; turning away from Draco and then quickly stepped into the shower. She let her mind wander back to the scene she had just witnessed; the feeling of Warren all over her brought instant tears to her eyes. She looked at the bruises on her arms and then all over her thighs, the physical pain she was feeling in her mind was real.

She quickly finished washing up and shut the water off and reached out to grab the towel when she felt Draco hand it to her. She pulled open the shower curtain and saw him staring at her with sadness in his eyes.

"Feel better?" he said with a small smirk.

"Not particularly." she choked out.

She went to step out of the shower when Draco caught sight of her bruised thighs. "What happened?" he asked, walking over to look at them.

Ginny quickly turned away from him, and covered herself better with the towel. "It's nothing." she mumbled.

"Doesn't look like nothing; let me see." he demanded.

She turned around with an angry look on her face and then ripped the towel away from her body. "See? I tried to tell you....... it's worse when I'm asleep." she said the last part in barely a whisper, wrapping the towel around her body again.

"Who did th-"

"WHO DO YOU THINK DRACO? IT WAS THIS THING OR WHATEVER IS INSIDE ME! WELL WARREN IF YOU WANT SPECIFICS." she shouted with anger.

She watched his face struggle to keep his anger and emotions in, but was having trouble doing so.

"IT'S HORRIBLE DRACO! I'M SCARED! PLEASE HELP ME!" she cried to him.

Draco was so angry, he wanted to kill his Father more than anything in the world right now and so he turned on his heel and quickly left the bathroom and headed downstairs. Ginny called out to him, but he kept going so she quickly threw on some clothes so she can catch up with him.

"Draco? Where are you going?" Hermione asked, watching him quickly make his way towards the back door and throwing on his jacket.

"Watch the twins, I'm done hiding, I'm going to kill him." He said quickly with rage in his tone, then ripped the back door open and walked outside.

The rest of them looked at each other for a moment before Harry finally realized the reasoning behind the abrupt departure of Draco and ran to catch up with him.

"DRACO WAIT!" he yelled after him.

Hermione and Ron were close behind him and Narcissa watched from the porch with a worried look; hoping her son would change his mind and come back inside.

"DRACO YOU CAN'T JUST GO MARCHING INTO A DEATH EATER CAMP!" Hermione yelled to try and reason with him.

"SHE'S RIGHT YOU BLOODY FOOL, THEY'LL KILL YOU BEFORE YOU EVEN GET A CHANCE TO LIFT YOUR WAND!" Ron called.

"I DON'T CARE! I'M DONE WAITING AROUND, LOOK AT WHAT'S HAPPENING? I WANT HIM DEAD........ NOW!" he bellowed at them; stopping to turn around.

"Draco, I know you're angry, but this isn't the way to handle this, Ginny needs you here and so do the-"

Harry stopped talking when he saw Draco ignore him and keep walking towards the ward walls.

"Mr. MALFOY, DON'T YOU DARE WALK THROUGH THAT WARD!" ordered McGonagall, making her way towards them.

Draco kept walking, ignoring the constant calls from Harry, Ron and Hermione and was too angry to see it any other way right now. All he wanted was to see his Father dead, especially after seeing the horrible suffering Ginny was going through. It took everything in him not to scream on the top of his lungs with how angry he felt.

"DRACO........DRACO STOP!" Harry kept yelling. He saw Draco almost at the ward walls and he pulled out his wand and did the only thing he could think of to stop him. "EXPELLIARMUS!" he yelled.

Draco heard the words leave Harry's mouth and turned around to see the spell hit him right in the chest and sent him backwards onto the ground.

Draco sat up and glared at Harry. "Did you just-" he stopped talking and got to his feet with a deadly look on his face and strode over to Harry and grabbed him roughly by the shirt. "WITH MY BACK TURNED?" he yelled with anger.

"Draco, you can't go out there, you know it's a mistake if you-"

Draco pushed him roughly back and turned to continue walking.

"Draco....... I won't hesitate to stop you by any means necessary." Harry stated firmly, holding his wand back up.

Draco stopped and turned around to face him; he became even more angry at Harry's attempts to try and stop him and the threatening warning he'd given him. Draco pointed his wand at Harry also now and shot a spell out at Harry, who barely had a chance to block it, but managed even after the shock of Draco going as far as to take him in a duel.

"STOP IT YOU TWO!" Hermione shouted.

They both sent spells at each other regardless of Hermione, Ron and McGonagall's yells for them to stop. They both threw out a spell that collided with the other and they were both thrown backwards onto the grassy field. They both quickly got up and ran at the other, an animosity between them that neither knew still existed; Draco conjured a ball of ice and Harry a handful of electricity; both of them ready to go at it.

"NO! HARRY! DRACO! ENOUGH OF THIS!" Hermione screamed.

Neither of them listened to her and soon powers clashed and both of them went at it.

Back in the house, Ginny made her way downstairs finally, after throwing on her clothes and went to join the rest of the crowd by the back door when she stopped and turned around. She saw Scorpius and Ember in their bassinets and she walked over to see them; a smile spread across her face after realizing the protective charm around them was down. She slid her hands under Ember's little body and picked her up; she became instantly emotional when she held her daughter in her arms.

"Hey, you." she whispered. "It's me.... Mommy....I missed you guys so much." she cried, hugging Ember's tiny little body to her chest lightly.

"Gin?" someone called to her hesitantly. "You need to put her down; you know you shouldn't be near them, come on."

She turned around to see George standing there with his wand pointed at her; a look of nervousness over his face.

"I just wanted to see-"

"NOW GINNY!" he yelled, making her jump.

Ginny was a bit taken aback by how forceful George sounded and she gently placed Ember back down in the bassinet. As soon as Ginny placed the baby down, she felt it tugging at her sanity once again.... this darkness wanted to take control again. She quickly turned away from the twins and made a run to go back upstairs when something in her threw her backwards.

"GINNY?" George yelled, running over to her.

"NO! PUT THE PROTECTIVE CHARM UP!" she shouted to him with fear in her voice.

All she wanted to do was see her beautiful babies again and she was now paying for it; closing her eyes, she braced herself for the evil within her to take over.

"I don't know it." George said, looking at her with just as much fear as her voice carried.

"Get me outside," she said quickly.

George grabbed her hand and tried to pull her outside, but she wouldn't budge and he watched her eyes turn over to those bottomless black pits.

"NARCISSA!" George yelled for her.

Meanwhile, outside Draco and Harry were still going at it; Draco threw a blast of ice at Harry that hit the ground right in front of him and blasted into a billion pieces hitting him in the face. They both stopped suddenly and looked at each other; both breathing heavy and ready to attack. Harry was suddenly furious at the close call of almost having his face blasted off and before anyone could stop them, they both jumped on top of each other having an all out fist fight. Harry threw a few punches that hit Draco in the face and then Draco kicked him backwards hard to the floor and was over him with his fist getting ready to collide down with Harry's face. Instead of of hitting him though, a long sharp shard of ice formed at the end of his fist and laid against Harry's throat.

"DRACO STOP IT!" Hermione screamed, running over to push him off when Ron grabbed her roughly to stop her.

Draco just stared at the raven haired man beneath him and then looked around at the crowd of people watching in fear. He shook his head in disbelief at his actions and quickly let his powers die down and rolled to the side beside Harry as they both tried to catch their breathe.

"You done now?" Harry breathed out.

"Yeah......you?"

"Yeah" Harry winced; sitting up beside Draco.

"NARCISSA! THE CHARM, PUT UP THE CHARM!" came George's voice from across the field from the house.

Narcissa whipped her head around and ran as fast as she could back towards the house.

"What's going on in there?" Ron asked.

"Oh no..... Ginny," Draco said, scrambling quickly to his feet and zooming towards the house followed by the others.

He barreled across the field to get to the house in time; thinking only about the safety of his children and what Ginny might regret doing to them. He was almost there when a high pitched scream reached his ears and brought him to his knees in pain. He looked frantically around at the others and saw they were experiencing the same thing and soon they all started to drop to the ground unconscious. He tried with everything to stay alert and dragged himself up the porch stairs and threw himself against the doorway to the house.

"G.....Gin...ny" he tried to call out, but the pain in his head was excruciating and his face fell against the hardwood floor of the farmhouse.

He saw a blurred figure walk towards him and kneel down beside him. He realized it was Ginny holding Ember in her arms with a loving smile on her face. She turned to him and that loving smile turned into a triumphant grin.

"Looks like you screwed up, Draco Malfoy." she said with a dark tone to her voice.

Draco just watched those haunting black eyes stare down at him as he fell unconscious; scared to death that he would never see his children alive again.
Sign up to rate and review this story