Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unhinged

Chapter 37

by nikki13088 0 reviews

This story takes place a few months after the final battle, the trio returns to Hogwarts to finish school and Lucius is becoming more powerful and with an army of Death Eaters a new threat washes n...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Ron - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2015-07-10 - 6756 words - Complete

0Unrated

She let out a shaky breath and shook her hands to get out any nerves she had, but no matter how hard she tried, they weren't going to be subsiding anytime soon. She was nauseous from the possible outcome of the entire thing and dared not to shed any tears....... not now...... she had to be strong now and remain focused.

"Gin? They're getting ready to take it down." Ron said softly from her bedroom doorway.

She gave a small nod and let out another shaky breath before heading downstairs to join the others. She stopped in the kitchen and got a glass of water and took a few small sips, trying to calm the somersaults her stomach was doing.

"Hey Gin, you coming?" Harry asked, getting ready to head outside.

She gave a small nod and took another sip of water and a few more deep breaths to help steady her racing heart.

"You ok?" he asked, walking over to her.

"Yeah, my stomach is just in knots is all."

"Well, I suppose it could be worse...... you could be throwing up like Neville was doing earlier." he said with a slight grin.

The corners of Ginny's mouth turned into a slight smile. "It's not too late for that to happen."

"Come on, they're waiting." he said, putting his arm around her and leading her out to the back porch.

They moved through the crowd of people outside; many of which were members Kingsley had recruited to fight in the battle and had arrived shortly after she woke up this morning. It was driving her crazy being surrounded by so many people, especially when all any of them talked about was the battle awaiting them. She understood why the topic was so popular, but it just kept making her think of Scorpius and Ember.

"Hiya Harry...... Ginny, hope yer doin well this evenin."

"Hey Hagrid" Harry said, before getting lost in a conversation with him.

Ginny gave a small smile and then casually made her way out of the conversation and went to look for Draco. She gave up looking for him after a few moments and tried to just find a quiet spot where people weren't asking how she was doing or about the twins. She was already nervous about them getting ready to take the ward down and being bombarded with questions wasn't helping any. She finally made her way over to Malini's car and slipped into the back seat and closed the door; enjoying the peace and quiet.

"Ginny?"

She jumped in surprise when she saw Draco's head pop up from the front seat.

"You scared me! I was looking for you, but I needed a break from the crowd......... I see you did too." she said, giving him a sad smile.

He climbed over the front seat and joined her in the back and put his arm around her. They sat there just enjoying the quiet for a while and saw Kingsley, Arthur and McGonagall getting ready to remove the ward. Ginny turned her attention to the setting sun on the other side of her and let out a light sigh.

"Let's hope we get to see it rise again." she whispered more to herself.

Draco just looked at her with a sad expression; he tried to think of something reassuring to say, but he didn't want to lie and say everything would be alright.

They continued sitting in silence for a while more.

"What happened to your hand?" Ginny asked suddenly, still staring out the window at the setting sun.

Draco looked down at his hand. "What do you mean?" he asked, seeing nothing wrong with it.

"That day in class on the first day back....... when you walked out of class...... what happened to your hand?" she asked, turning back to look at him.

He smiled at her. "I punched a mirror." he said with some amusement.

Ginny let out a light giggle. "Well that was stupid," she teased.

"Ha, yeah.... I did a lot of stupid things back then." he said, looking at the sunset now.

There was a knock on the window that made them both jump and pull them from their thoughts. They saw Arthur wave his hand through the window and then open the car door.

"We're ready." he said softly to them.

They both nodded and slid out of the back of the car and Arthur put his arms around the both of them; one on each side of him. "Your Mother sent a message saying the twins are doing just fine and they are safe." he said brightly to both of them.

Ginny smiled at the news of her babies and suddenly felt a bit more prepared to fight. "Thanks Dad." she said, squeezing him tightly before her and Draco joined the others near the porch.

They all watched as the walls of the ward started to drop slowly; Ginny seemed to stop breathing altogether as it was happening. She was immediately met with an eerie feeling as a wave of air filled the space around them. She thought she would smell this fresh breeze, but instead she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up and a dark feeling seemed to consume her. There was something about not having that protection around her that scared her more than she thought it would...... this was it..... they would soon be fighting potentially to their death.

"Now what?" Ron asked, looking at Kingsley once the last of the wards were down.

"Now we wait....... they will come, I'm sure of it." Kingsley said, looking at the rest of them.

______________________________________________

It had been a few hours since the wards were taken down and everything still remained quiet. People were scattered all about the field; some talking, some patrolling the area and even some asleep right on the ground or in one of the porch chairs just waiting for a fight to break out. Ginny was cuddled up on a bench with Draco on the porch, letting the pre-Autumn breeze hit her face as she looked ahead at the night sky. She lifted her head to look at Draco, who was lost in thought; his eyes staring off into the distance and the moonlight radiating off of them. She followed his gaze and saw his Mother standing across the field chatting and laughing with Charlie.

"You should go talk to her." Ginny suggested, adjusting her position slightly against Draco.

"Why?"

"Because...... you just should...... go on." she said, patting him gently on the leg.

Draco let out a soft sigh and then got up and made his way over to his Mother and Charlie. He walked right into the middle of their conversation and glared at Charlie.

"Excuse me Mother, but I wish to have a word with you.......... alone." he added with a sneer.

Charlie looked at Narcissa with a light smile. "Of course, I'll catch ya later." he said to her before walking away.

"Yeah, I bet you will." Draco mumbled.

Narcissa just shook her head with a smile at her son. "So what is this private word you would like to have with me?"

"Oh, uh......"

"Or is it that you just couldn't stand seeing me talking to Charles."

"Charles? Ugh"

"Either way, I'm thankful you were here to pull me from yet another fascinating story about dragons he seemed to be going on about........... again." she said sarcastically.

They both looked at each other and gave a light laugh and then it turned into an awkward silence. Draco was trying to think about what to say to his Mother, but he wasn't sure what to say. The silence grew as they both looked out into the field that led to the small town up ahead.

"Aurora" Narcissa whispered suddenly.

"Aurora?" Draco asked.

He watched her look down at her fidgeting hands and a smile form on her face. "Your sister....... that's what I would have named her." She said, turning to look at him.

Draco just looked at her for a moment and then out into the field again. "Aurora Malfoy" he whispered to himself to see how it sounded. "Sounds nice," he said softly with a small smile of his own forming.

Narcissa nodded and brought a finger up to her eye to dry the single tear that formed. They both stood there in silence again; each seeming to get lost in deep thought.

"I....... I love you Mother, I just..... I just want you to know that." Draco said suddenly, finally looking at her in the face.

She looked into her son's eyes and was a bit in awe at his words, never would she think he would be so open to her about his feelings.

"I feel so lucky despite all the horrid things we had to go through; I just.....I.... " he trailed off after not being able to find the right words and looked down at the ground; scratching the back of his neck at how awkward he felt.

Narcissa noticed him becoming uncomfortable at putting his feelings out there and she gently grabbed both of his shoulders and turned him to face her. She looked at him for a moment; taking in how much he had grown up and how perfect he looked to her.

"Oh, Draco...... you have amazed me in so many ways at how far you've come and what kind of young man you turned out to be. I wish you knew how much it means to me that we were able to grow closer over these past few months. I have learned so much about myself and about you and I wish I didn't waste so many years being some bitter cold woman. The last few months have been the best months of my entire life........ nothing means more to me than the moments we were able to spend together...... no matter how short or small they were. I love you Draco and thank you for....... for letting me be your Mother again." she finished with tears in her eyes and pulled Draco close to her.

Feeling his Mother's arms around him was still something he was getting used to, but Draco didn't care at the moment, he just wanted to make his feelings plain and clear to her before he didn't get the chance to. After a moment of hesitantly embracing her back, he pulled her closer and hugged her a bit tighter, allowing his face to get buried into her lush blonde braid. He mentally took note of what his Mother smelled like and thought it was weird at first, but he couldn't help himself. Draco had never really been this close to his Mother and if so not long enough to ever claim a scent that would one day remind him of her. They broke apart after hearing Kingsley yell from across the field.

"EVERYONE GATHER AROUND!"

After a few moments everyone was standing around waiting for Kingsley's next words.

"I just wanted to go over some last minute reminders." he started. "Remember that not all Protego charms will work against Dark magic and even advance protection charms are in question. Also, don't forget about the disabling charms that might come up." he said, looking at Draco, Ginny and Harry. "It's imperative that you all expect the unexpected, you must be ready to-"

He stopped abruptly and looked at the sky suddenly changing to a dark smoky color and an all too familiar marking forming right about the town ahead. Seeing the Dark mark appear brought back memories from the last war and everyone started scrambling about. Some Aurors and other Order members went ahead to the town to hopefully help the Muggles make it to a safe place.

Ginny watched with wide eyes as the small town in the distance turned to mayhem and she could hear faint screaming all the way across the field. Every instinct in her told her to run ahead and help, but as she went to make a run towards the town she felt someone grab her arm. She turned to see Bill shaking his head to have her stay put.

"Bill, we should go help them," she snapped at him.

"No Ginny, it's a trap, they want us to go there to help so we're distracted with helping the Muggles."

"So? We can't just stand here and-"

"YOU STAY PUT!" Arthur yelled suddenly.

Ginny just stared at the sound of her Father's forceful tone and soon felt him take her arm from Bill's grasp and drag her over to the side of the house.

"Ginny, listen to me...... you CAN'T go running into town to help, you need to stay here and wait for them to come to us, any other way right now is too risky. There are other Order members who will help, but for now you stay here........ do you understand?" he spoke to her with the most demanding tone Ginny had ever heard him use towards her.

She slowly nodded.

"Good."

Ginny watched her Father walk over to Kingsley along with Bill and she turned her attention towards the town again. She saw people running in every direction and some even making their way down the road towards her. She thought about running to meet them half way to help them get to safety, but thought about what her Father told her. Technically, she thought to herself, she wasn't going to town...... just to the road to help whatever Muggles made it this far out.

The screams continued to reach her ears as the attack on the town continued and she looked around to try and find Draco, but couldn't make out where he was with so many people running around. She took a few steps towards the direction of the main road and then stopped; letting the words her Father demanded of her to run through her head again. She suddenly heard someone screaming for help ahead and she couldn't just stand there and ignore it any longer......... she had to do something.

She gave one last look back towards her Father who caught her gaze and then she took off. He yelled out to her for her to stop or to wait, but she ignored him and kept running. As she ran she heard the woman's screams getting closer and closer which made Ginny pick up her pace. She ran as fast as her legs would carry her and soon she was able to hear the young woman's words as she continued running towards her.

"HELP ME! PLEASE HELP! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

Ginny pulled out her wand as she kept running down the dark road, so dark that she could barely make out her own hand in front of her. She stopped abruptly when she saw a jet of green light hit the back of the woman and Ginny's eyes grew wide. She watched her fall to the ground with a hard thud and behind her stood a Death Eater. Ginny quickly scrambled to the side of the road and threw herself on the ground into some tall grass hoping that he hadn't spotted her yet. She heard her Father's yells come to a stop in the distance also which Ginny took as him taking notice of the Death Eater that was close to her.

She crawled a bit to the edge of the road to get a better look and as she peeked through the tall blades of grass her body stiffened. There were suddenly more Death Eaters that appeared and they were now only a few few away. From what she could make out she counted at least five of them and then took note of a sixth one as she heard a new voice join the group. She couldn't help the small gasp that came out of her and quickly covered her mouth with her hand and lay completely still.

"They must be hiding out down there, why else would any Order members interfere with an attack on some small filthy town?" said one Death Eater.

"They know we are trying to draw them out."

"Lucius will be here any moment, so let's wait for the go ahead before storming in." came another Death Eater's voice.

Ginny's heart seemed to beat ten times faster suddenly, she didn't want to be stuck in this spot when Lucius arrived. She heard one of them grab the woman's dead body on the road and drag it over to the side where she was and she started to panic. She saw the Death Eater's legs coming closer to her and a feeling of fear came over her. She was so worried about being seen, especially in such a vulnerable position. She was starting to shake in fear and tried with everything in her to calm herself, but she started to feel a familiar warming sensation fill her.

"No, not now, not here." she kept thinking to herself as she felt the fear growing.

She had been training all this time to control her powers, but when fear took over, she easily lost control of them; something she was trying so hard not to do.

She watched the man just a few feet from her go through the woman's pockets and took any jewelry she was wearing and placed it in his pocket. He was about to turn to walk back to the others when he stopped and looked right in Ginny's direction. She watched him squint his eyes as something must've caught his attention and walked closer to her. She thought about making a run for it, but thought better of it and instead her heart sank as she suddenly felt his foot quickly kick her wand away. Ginny acted the fastest she ever had in her life and grabbed his leg and pulled him to the ground. Before he could say anything or call out to the other Death Eaters, Ginny grabbed the dagger Hermione had told her to keep in her back pocket and plunged it into his neck. She didn't want him to give her position away so she covered his mouth to quiet any final gurgling noises he may make. She felt him grabbing at her hair roughly and trying to hit her, but his flailing soon slowed down and all movement came to a stop.

"Abrams?" called one of the Death Eaters.

"The bloody git tripped over his own feet." laughed one of the men along with the others. "Abrams, come on ya damn wanker, get the hell up, we have to head back towards town."

When the man didn't answer they started making their way over to Ginny's spot and she knew she had to make a move. She frantically felt around for her wand that was kicked from her, but had no luck and decided she only had one other option.

"It's now or never." she mumbled to herself and then jumped up from her spot.

She was completely engulfed in flames by the time she got to her feet and before any of them could react she had them surrounded by a fiery wall. She spun every which way and threw everything she had at them and without much effort she had all of them screaming. She wasn't sure why, but she felt a rush from hearing them pleading for their lives...... perhaps a sense of vengeance came over her as she watched each one fall to the ground. She ran over and grabbed her wand from the ground that the raging flames helped her find by providing some light to the area.

She saw through the flames another crowd of Death Eaters making their way down the road; most likely towards the farmhouse. She quickly turned and ran back towards the house as fast as she could; still feeling the rush of her powers coursing through her. She just kept running, not caring she could barely make out anything in front of her. She let out a loud scream when she suddenly ran right into somebody and they quickly covered her mouth.

"Shh, Ginny, it's me." Draco said.

"Draco!" she threw her hands around his neck and clung tightly to him.

He quickly pushed her away as her powers were still lying just beneath her skin ready to erupt. He gently grabbed her face and looked at her; seeing those black orbs had him wondering what got her to this point.

"Ginny, what happened? Are you hurt?." he asked her while letting his hands turn a cooler temperature so he could continue holding her frightened face.

"There were six Death Eaters...... I was trying to save that woman, but...... I was too late." she said, looking away from him.

"Where are they Ginny?"

"They're dead........ I........ I killed them." she said in a small voice.

He studied her face for a moment and grabbed her closer to him this time; he let a cooling sensation run through his body and overpower the heat radiating off of hers. Ginny welcomed the icy feel of Draco's body against hers and it somehow always calmed her down; she could finally feel her heart beat get back to a somewhat normal rhythm.

"Don't feel guilty Gin-"

"I DON'T" she cut him off. "I just wish...... I could have gotten to her sooner."

"GINEVRA MOLLY WEASLEY! YOU DELIBERATELY DISOBEYED ME!" Arthur shouted suddenly, coming up from behind Draco.

Ginny let her Father yell at her all the way back to the house until finally he realized she was alright and finished his lecture off with embracing her into a hug and placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Miss Weasley..... what happened out there? What did you hear?" Kingsley asked, walking over with the rest of them.

"They said Lucius was coming."

Draco locked eyes with his Mother for a brief moment.

"And they definitely know where we are....... it won't be long before-"

She stopped talking at the sound of a blood curdling scream that filled the air. They all turned to see Luna on the ground wriggling about as the Cruciatus curse ran through her. They looked all around to see where the spell had come from, but they were only met with a dark field that surrounded them. Harry ran to Luna's side and quickly produced a Protego charm to reflect a killing curse that almost hit them.

One by one people starting dropping to their knees as they were tortured by the Cruciatus curse. Draco kept whipping his head all around and tightly gripped his wand and he suddenly saw a purple charm fly in front of him and then another curse bounce off of it. He looked over to see it was his Mother who threw a protection charm over him. He gave a small smile and then his heart sank when he saw Ginny get hit with some kind of blue spell and she fell to the ground.

"GINNY!" he yelled to her.

"I'm fine...... I think," she said, getting up and looking herself over to make sure she was ok.

"That's a disabling charm." Kingsley whispered suddenly.

As the words left his mouth another spell hit Ginny and she let out a horrific scream that brought her back to the ground again. Draco tried to run to her, but he couldn't run past the protection charm his Mother had over him and could only watch her squirm in pain. He watched her try to conjure up her powers, but she was only able to set a small flame that kept going out.

"How long do these disabling charms last?" Draco demanded.

"About five minutes........ unless she's strong enough to override it." McGonagall explained.

Narcissa whipped her wand over her head and expanded the charm over the rest of them to block out anymore fire that was aimed their way.

"This will only last for a few moments." she explained frantically.

Draco nodded to her and then was finally able to run to Ginny's side. She was breathing rapidly and her brow was glistening with sweat as she gasped for air. Draco pulled her up into his lap and hugged her to him as she finally opened her eyes to look at him.

"That sucked." she panted out. "Is that what you......go through..... every time.?" she said with some light sarcasm and then slighly winced in pain.

"Ha, well it was about time someone else got a turn." he teased. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'll be ok." she said as he helped her to her feet.

"Stay here." he said, and quickly made his way over to Harry and Luna.

Luna seemed to be unharmed by the effects of the curse and was regaining her posture as Harry helped her up.

"You guys alright?" Draco asked.

"Yeah, Ginny?" Harry asked.

Draco gave a quick nod. "Listen, we need a plan before this protection charm wears....... off" Draco finished as he took in the crowd of Death Eaters all around the perimeter of the protective shield his Mother put up.

They were completely surrounded and vastly outnumbered and directly across the field looking right at him stood Lucius. Draco suddenly felt his heartbeat pick up and some fear filled him, but it wasn't that he feared his Father, it was that he feared what his Father would do to the people he learned to care about. As that thought ran through his head, he turned to look at Ginny, who was standing with her brothers and then he noticed the protection shield start to flicker.

Ginny kept opening and closing her hands to try and get her powers to ignite and soon after a few more tries, she was able to fully conjure up her powers again. She saw the protection charm starting to wear off and looked around at her family and friends and held on to the looks on their faces as she braced herself for what was coming. She saw the shield slowly coming down again and her heart seemed to freeze and all she could hear was the sound of her heavy breathing. Everything had become silent to her and she locked eyes with Draco for a moment across the way and then closed her eyes for a moment to see the faces of Scorpius and Ember flash through her mind. She snapped her eyes open to see the last of Narcissa's shield fall and the chaos that followed was an explosion of spells and curses that filled the air.

She immediately lost sight of Draco and could barely make out anybody in front of her. Bodies were flying all about and spells whizzed by her in every direction that she barely had time to lift her wand to try and deflect any of them. All she could hear was yelling and screaming and she kept feeling people push past her as the fight broke out around her. She just wanted to get a glimpse of somebody she knew because she felt completely alone suddenly and the thought scared her more than anything. What if they didn't stand a chance? What if they were all dead already? The thought made a shiver run up her spine and then she finally caught sight of George nearby and ran in his direction.

As she made her way to him she saw him fall backwards to the ground and her legs froze in place. She shook her head frantically hoping he wasn't dead and when he finally moved a bit, she was able to get her legs to move forward the rest of the way to him.

"GEORGE! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" she asked loudly over the roar of the battle.

"Yeah, that Affligo spell packed a punch." he said, wincing in pain and grabbing his ribs.

She looked up to see the caster of the spell smiling wickedly at them and she felt anger run through her.

"Stay here George." Ginny said through clenched teeth.

George looked at the face Ginny was making and smirked at the Death Eater who hit him........ he sure was going to be in for a surprise.

Ginny ran head on at the Death Eater as he lifted his wand to throw a killing curse her way and she quickly jumped and erupted into a mass of flames. Once she was off the ground, she somewhat glided past him swiftly like a dancing flame and surrounded him with nothing but a raging fire. He screamed out as his body burned and Ginny threw another fireball right at him that made him fall to the ground engulfed in flames.

She was somewhat surprised at the way she moved around that Death Eater and she turned around to look at George, who had a look of awe on his face. She smiled triumphantly and then ran ahead to try and find Draco.

____________________________________________________

Draco saw Ginny's powers from across the field and couldn't help the smirk that covered his face as he saw her new trick she picked up. He elbowed the Death Eater that had him pinned down and rolled over onto him and let a sharp piece of ice shoot into the stomach of the man before getting up and running towards the flames ahead.

He saw the blue spell fly right at him and send him to the floor and suddenly all power came to a standstill. His hand was tightly gripped on his wand and he sent a killing curse at the Death Eater who cast the disabling charm on him. Five minutes was all he kept thinking in his head, that's all he had to wait until it wore off and he could rely on his powers again. He went to get up from the ground when another man jumped on top of him and starting throwing punch after punch at him. Draco felt around for his wand, but it was nowhere in reach so he headbutted the guy in the head hard and immediately regretted it. As much as it hurt, it got the job done as the man scrambled off of him and held his head in his hands. Draco took his chance and punched the man hard in the side of the head and watched him drop to the ground. Something snapped inside Draco and he continuously stomped on the man's head until his skull was completely bashed in.

Draco felt the blood running down his head and used his sleeve to wipe what he could off and pushed aside the pain as he grabbed his wand he found and continued in search of Ginny.

_____________________________________________

Ginny wasn't sure how much time had passed, all she knew was she had no wand and no powers at the moment. She just kept running and tried to find cover long enough to try and catch her breath, but she kept running into Death Eater after Death Eater. She was pretty sure she had a few cracked ribs, but the adrenaline running through her had her barely noticing the pain. She ducked down just in time before a spell hit her and as she turned around, she was falling to the floor with someone on top of her. The man's hands were around her throat, but before he could attempt to choke her he was grabbed off of her by Ron and thrown backwards.

Ginny jumped to her feet and watched her brother stab the man in the chest without much effort and then turned to her.

"Gin, you ok?" he asked quickly, taking in her cuts and scrapes.

"Yeah, but are you? Your eye-"

"I'm fine, I lost my wand so things got physical."

"Yeah, me too." she said, wincing at how swollen Ron's eye was as she tried to touch it. "Have you seen Draco?" she asked him suddenly.

"The last place I saw him was behind the car with Hermione. I kept trying to make my way over to her, but it's impossible with-" he quickly grabbed Ginny towards him as a spell grazed her cheek and a small cut formed.

She watched Ron go after the man and then she turned to find Malini's blue car that was across the field. She saw Draco's blonde hair pop up as he threw a spell out over the hood of the car and she quickly started running over to him. She was almost there when she suddenly was thrown backwards by a huge explosion. She tried to sit up and heard nothing but ringing in her ears and saw nothing but blurred images running past her. She was able to make out what was left of the car as flames engulfed it; her mind immediately went to Draco.

"Dr..... Draco!" she tried to call out, but the explosive impact had her feeling disoriented. "DRACO!" she called out again a bit louder.

She felt someone grab her arms and she kicked and punched whoever it was, trying to ignite her powers back up again.

"GINNY!"

Her eyes finally focused and took in those magnificent mercury eyes staring at her. "Your ok?" she asked in surprise.

"Luckily I wasn't under a disabling charm." he said, then a spell hit him in the back and he fell forward over Ginny. "But I am now." he winced as the stinging sensation ran through him.

"They are kicking our ass with this disabling charm." Ginny stated, watching Harry take down the Death Eater who hit Draco with the charm.

"Yeah, they are, and I haven't even seen my Father since the battle broke out." he said, finally getting to his feet and looking at his broken wand that he now held in his hand.

Ginny watched Draco throw his broken wand to the ground and then she turned to look at the burning car a few feet from them. She surveyed the field to see a few familiar faces dueling against Death Eaters and then she looked down at the ground to find so many dead bodies. She couldn't believe this was actually it....... that if they won, then this war would finally be over for good. She felt Draco pull her to him quickly and grab her lips with his which she welcomed regardless of the stinging pain the cut on her lip gave off from being kissed.

"I need to go try and find my Father." Ginny breathed out against his lips.

He nodded while staring into her beautiful eyes and quickly cleared his throat to avoid any emotion that may arise; now wasn't the time for it he thought to himself.

"Yeah, I'm going to search for my Mother as well." he said, as Ginny turned to leave and he watched her run off into raging battle.

"DRACO! WATCH OUT!" he heard someone call out.

He whipped his head around to be met with a blade that just grazed his side. He jumped back as the Death Eater came at him again and then felt his eyes starting to sting suddenly as some kind of dust filled the air around his head. He tried wiping his eyes clean, but the burning sensation had him almost to his knees and he could barely make out the man in front of him. He heard someone tackle the man to the ground beside him and then heard a gasp and then felt a warm liquid around his knees form.

"Draco are you alright?" came Hermione's voice, as she poured some water over his head that helped the stinging pain in his eyes.

He adjusted his eyes enough to see Hermione's blood covered face staring at him and then glanced over to the Death Eater she just killed and the pool of blood around his knees.

"Thanks for that." he mumbled, rubbing his eyes one final time.

He went to get up and then fell to his knees in pain suddenly.

"DRACO? WHAT'S WRONG?" she asked him frantically.

He couldn't speak; he was too focused on the piercing pain in his head and knew his Father would be showing his face at any moment. He felt Hermione's hand grab his arm and try to pull him back up to his feet.

"Draco, we need to get to-"

He saw a spell hit Hermione and send her flying fast and hard against one of the big hay bales. She fell to the ground and remained motionless and Draco tried to get up to make his way over to help her, but froze when he heard a familiar voice.

"Don't worry Draco; I wouldn't give any Mudblood the satisfaction of a quick and painless death. I have a more....... gruesome plan for Miss Granger." Lucius drawled with some light amusement.

Draco turned to see his Father standing before him, unscathed and quite menacing looking. It was at this moment Draco realized it would be either him or Lucius, who would be killed tonight and as of right now...... he didn't like his chances as he watched his Father's wand slice through the air.

With his powers being useless right now and his wand broken, he prepared himself for the impact of his Father's spell when he a flash of electricity shot over his head and went towards Lucius. He watched his Father deflect the bolt of electricity and send it back towards Harry, who was knocked to the ground by his own powers. Before he could get up Lucius had hit him with a disabling charm, but Draco's was just wearing off and so he took his chance.

He threw a shard of ice at his Father, who blasted it to pieces just in time. He had an angry sneer on his face as he looked at his son with disgust.

"How dare you, after everything I have given you, after years of training you to become the very best you can be!" Lucius hissed while tightening the grip on his wand.

"THE BEST I CAN BE? YOU MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL AND MOTHER'S." Draco bellowed back at him. "YOU MADE ME BELIEVE THAT EVERYTHING RIGHT IN THIS WORLD WAS WRONG AND BAD........ THAT I WAS BAD AND WORTHLESS!" he continues to scream; his fists becoming covered with ice.

"That's because you are worthless Draco, I had such high hopes for you, but you took the fool's road instead. Now you will die along with the rest of your friends." Lucius snarled at him; a psychotic look etched on his face.

Draco's lips trembled with hatred and anger towards his Father, he wanted nothing more than to see him dead right now and so he ran straight at him. Lucius threw a curse from his wand that Draco dodged by forming an icy path beneath him and sliding on his knees out of the way. As he slid past his Father, he formed an icy blade that cut the side of Lucius' leg, causing him to let out a growl of pain.

"YOU TRAITOROUS SCUM! I'M GOING TO ENJOY KILLING YOU!"

Lucius regained his posture and waved his wand in a swift movement and hit Draco with a hard blast to the face. Draco felt the blood pouring down his face from the large cut on his forehead. Again he felt another disabling charm hit him and he knew he was in trouble as his Father advanced on him again. He felt Lucius grab his hair roughly and pulled him to his knees and looked at his son's beaten face.

"Take a look my son," he hissed, directing Draco's sight to the redhead across the field, who was fighting off a Death Eater. "I want you to have the privilege of seeing me slaughter her before I kill you." he drawled, throwing Draco hard to the ground and placing the Cruciatus curse on him. "How will you ever save the Weasley girl now?" he smirked at Draco, before waving his wand and apparating across the field to where Ginny was.

His heart sank as he thrashed about in unbearable pain, trying with everything in him to fight off the disabling charm. He looked all around to see if there was anyone else capable of saving Ginny from the threat of his Father and found nobody with an opening to her. He suddenly saw Lucius appear about fifty feet from Ginny and made his way towards her while her back was turned.

"GINNY!"
Sign up to rate and review this story