Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Heaven and Earth

Love's Confusing Game

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Charlotte, April, Hotaru, and Vivian all confront and question their hang-ups with their love lives.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2015-08-02 - 679 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Six: Love’s Confusing Game:

Meanwhile in the chaos…

-Charlotte-

I think I’m getting somewhere with Takashi. We kiss and sometimes sleep together. Still, I don’t know if he gets it or not. I don’t have a way to test it either. Takashi says that he loves me, but does he get it? I knocked on his bedroom door.

“Takashi!” I called. “Can we talk for a minute?” I backed up when the door opened a crack.

“Yes?” he asked. I pressed my lips together.

“I really like you,” I said. “I know you can’t understand it, but that’s fine with me. Maybe one day I could get you to love me back. It would take time.” I clenched my fists at my sides.

“I don’t care. You’re a good man. I already messed up once. I won’t do it again by letting you go!” As I expected, he didn’t know how to respond. I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him hard. I won’t give up on him. No more settling. Screw heaven, I love this angel!

-April-

I’m not sure what Kyosuke and I have. We work together, true. He acts all nervous around me. After two attempts, we finally slept together. (I have to admit, I did enjoy that night. Maybe… I would like to do it again sometime.) But now…

“Kyosuke, can I ask you a question?” I asked in Watari’s lab.

“Sure, Robertson-san,” Kyosuke said.

“What exactly are we?”

“Excuse me?”

“What are we? Coworkers? Friends? Fuck buddies?”

Kyosuke dropped a tray of sterile tool on the floor. “What?!”

“So… what are we?” My eyes narrowed as I stared at him.

“I… I… I don’t know,” he said. I sighed and shook my head.

“That’s not good enough,” I said. “What do you want from me?”

“I don’t know…”

I grabbed him by the cheeks. “See? That’s the problem right there. You can’t seem to give me a clear answer.”

“I don’t understand you,” Kyosuke said.

“I don’t understand you either,” I said. “It’s such a shame, really. I think I’ve fallen for you.” His cheeks turned bright red.

“Do you mean it?” he asked. I kissed on the bridge of his nose.

“Only if you tell me what we are,” I said.

“Do you want us to be dating?”

“It’s up to you.” I gave him a little kiss on the lips.

-Hotaru-

Which one should I choose? I like both Ryo and Hiroyuki. There are so many issues with this.

First of all is my sexuality. Before my death, I was with men. In fact, my last boyfriend was the reason I was murdered by his wife. (I don’t want to talk about it.)

I had been in a relationship with Emiko for years before she went to Heaven. Now, I’m just stuck.

My other problem was I am a demon. You see, Ryo and Hiroyuki are humans. I have no idea how they will take it when they find out what I am.

Speaking of which, I don’t know who to choose. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

“Yes?” I asked.

-Vivian-

“Hotaru-san?” I whimpered. “I need someone to talk to.” Hotaru-san opened the door, peeking out. She spotted the tears running down my cheeks.

“Viv, what’s wrong?” she asked. I sniffled as I sobbed.

“Mike’s a jerk!” I cried. She tried to quiet me down.

“Shhh,” Hotaru whispered. “Calm down. Calm down.” I sobered in between breaths.

“Take a deep breath and tell me what’s the matter,” she said.

“I caught Mike in bed with another woman!” I cried. Hotaru-san’s jaw dropped.

“What?!” she yelled. I nodded with my tears. She pulled me into her arms for a hug.

“There, there,” Hotaru-san whispered. “Come inside and talk.” I nodded as she led me into her room.

Back outside in the storm…
Sign up to rate and review this story