Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Hold On For Me

Prologue

by Rin_of_InuYasha 1 review

Five years have passed since Sesshomaru left Rin in Kaede's village and he comes for her choice. However, during a battle with a demon, Rin and Kagome are thrown into Kagome's time. However, Rin wa...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Rin,Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2015-08-04 - Updated: 2015-08-06 - 649 words

1Original
Prologue
The Well

“I think it’s sad. Isn’t it?” Kagome murmured to InuYasha. “Sesshomaru hasn’t left that well since…”
“It is sad. We all like her. We’re all worried. It’s just hard to believe, still, that he cares for a human,” InuYasha commented, scooping up his young daughter from her mat. She was almost a year old now, growing too fast for InuYasha’s liking. She had inherited Kagome’s black locks and brown eyes, along with InuYasha’s dog ears. (However, despite having her own, she still loved tugging on her father’s ears.)
“Things aren’t looking good for her, InuYasha. Not even with everything the doctors are doing to wake her.”
InuYasha looked out the flap, towards the Bone Eater’s Well, where Sesshomaru was still crouching, since that day, waiting for Rin’s return. “Kagome?”
“Yes, InuYasha?”
“They are good doctors, right? She’s getting better treatment than she can here, right?”
“Yes. It’s almost a blessing we fell in when the demon attacked.”
InuYasha thought for a moment, stroking his daughter’s hair. “Well, yeah, but if she hadn’t fallen through she wouldn’t have hit her head. She wouldn’t be in the vegetable state.”
Kagome pursed her lips partially. “It’s a vegetative state. Why do you think she was able to go through though? It took me three years just to be able to return to you.”
InuYasha seemed to think for a moment, rocking Izayoi gently, almost subconsciously. “Maybe it lets those who needs it most travel though,” he contemplated.
Kagome gave him a skeptical look.
“Or a demon controls who can go through and who can’t,” he revised.
“That seems more likely than needing to go through. No one needs or deserves it more than Sesshomaru does right now.”
InuYasha nodded in agreement, leaning back and watching the roof of the house as Izayoi crawled onto his chest and cuddled. “Even though I really hate to admit it, he deserves it. He deserves to see her. He practically raised her, after all.”
Kagome nodded herself, pulling Izayoi off of InuYasha as she reached to tug on his ears. “Sota promised me he’ll visit her after school everyday so she’s not alone if she wakes up.”
“Kagome?”
“Yes, InuYasha?”
“You said if. Do you think Rin might not wake up?”
Kagome turned away, busying herself with feeding Izayoi to avoid the question.
InuYasha took her silence as an answer. He glanced at Sesshomaru in time to watch a drop of water roll down his cheek and onto the ground, where his sharp claws were digging into the ground.
Lord Sesshomaru had shed his first tear from, once again, losing Rin.

A/N: After watching Avatar the Last Airbender, I think the first and last words are very important to any story line. The first word of each chapter make a sentence when put together. The last word of each chapter does too, except that it’s separate from the first words. For example, I have two sentences here. The first word of the first sentence is I. The first word of the second sentence is Rin.
Thank you for reading. Please Review. (I’m sorry, but I seem to only be able to write short chapters. Please forgive me. My writing is usually straight to the point.)
Also, if my doing it “InuYasha” bothers you, I’m just going with how the title of the show does it.
Another thing, I know that canonly, only InuYasha and Kagome can travel through the well, but fanfiction is fanfiction. And (spoiler for this story) I do end up addressing how to gain access through the well.
Finally, if you see any mistake that bothers you, please tell me. I will do my best to fix it! Until next time, my friends.
Rin-of-Inuyasha
Sign up to rate and review this story