Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Heaven and Earth

Bitter Tea Party

by Noizchild 0 reviews

After much convincing, Anna goes with Tsuzuki and the other shinigami to Haruka's house for the party.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Tatsumi,Tsuzuki - Published: 2015-08-30 - 615 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Eight: Bitter Tea Party:

Halloween, 2010.

“Come on,” Tsuzuki said. “We have to do this.” Anna sat on the couch, scowling.

“I don’t want to!” she said.

“Look, I know what today means to you.”

“Do you? Then you understand why I don’t want to do this.” Why did Haruka have to pickthis day to have the party? Was she making fun of her? Tsuzuki gently took Anna by the hand.

“I do.”

“She’s probably planning a trap!”

“She probably is.”

“So why?!” She looked so tired. Tsuzuki couldn’t tell if she wanted to scream or cry.

“Baby…” It hurt to see her so broken like this. Anna wouldn’t get out of bed this morning.

“Leave me alone!” she pleaded. “Please!” Tsuzuki couldn’t understand Haruka’s end game. Right now, Anna pushed away his hand.

“I will not go!” she shouted. “She’s planning to kill me, I just know it!”

“Maybe,” Tsuzuki said. “Maybe she wants to talk.”

“Ha! Talk? You’re joking, right?”

“Well, we won’t know until we go, now will we?”

“No.”

Tsuzuki sighed. “Come on. I can’t stand seeing you like this. We won’t go alone at least.” He grabbed onto her hand. “You can’t waste away in the apartment like this. Aren’t you a little curious?” Anna puffed up her cheeks, frowning.

---------

Tsuzuki used Google maps to find Haruka’s new home. He and the group stood at the front door. Anna looked pale as she held his hand.

“We are here for you,” her husband whispered. Her lowered tip trembled. Tatsumi observed them as he stood behind. He too thought this was a bad idea.

October 30th, 2010.

7:00 p.m.

“You can’t expect her to do this,” Tatsumi said at work.

“I don’t,” Tsuzuki replied. His former partner’s jaw dropped.

“What?! Then why are you…?”

Tsuzuki put down his pen. “This can’t go on for Anna.” He turned his head. “I have only seen her depressed: New Year’s Day and Halloween. She’s suffered like this for eleven years.”

“And you think this party will help her get over her grief?”

Tsuzuki shrugged. “I don’t know, but I feel like I have to do something.”

-Present-

I hope you know what you are doing, Tsuzuki-san, Tatsumi thought. In the front, Anna squeezed Tsuzuki’s hand.

“Be on your guard,” she whispered.

“Yes,” he said. Their attention turned to door as it opened. Hitomi peeked outside wearing a maid outfit.

“Good evening,” she greeted the guests with her head bowed.

“Who are you?” Anna asked.

“I will be Haruka-san’s maid for tonight’s party,” the kitsune said.

“And where’s the old bitch?”

“She’s inside. Please follow me.” Hitomi led the guests inside with a heavy heart. Anna gritted her teeth as she took off her shoes with everyone else.

They found Haruka sitting in the living room, waiting. She perked up when she heard their footsteps. Hitomi bowed in the doorway.

“Everyone is here, Haruka-san,” she said.

“Thank you,” the old lady said. “You may leave for tonight.” Hitomi looked up with big eyes.

“Haruka-san…” she said.

“You may leave for tonight,” her old friend said again. The kitsune bowed her head.

“I understand. Excuse me,” she said. Hitomi walked out of the room with her hand to her chest.Please be careful, Haruka-san, she thought. Haruka smiled cat-like as the door slid closed.

“Welcome to my humble home,” the old lady said, holding out her hands. “Let us enjoy ourselves in my backyard garden tonight.” Her eyes stayed locked on Anna who gave her a cold soulless glare.
Sign up to rate and review this story