Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Heaven and Earth

Fox in Blood

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Haruka's little tea party in a brutal and shocking ending.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tatsumi,Tsuzuki - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-09-01 - 1040 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Fifty: Fox in Blood:

Anna glared at Haruka. This old lady reeked of blood. She killed Daisuke, Yumiko, Kirika, and countless others. Haruka held out her hand.

“Please, take a seat,” she said. Everyone sat down on the chairs and floor.

“There you go,” Haruka said.

“What do you want from us?” Tsuzuki asked. Anna glared at the old lady.

“I just want to talk,” Haruka said. Anna opened her mouth to speak, but Tsuzuki grabbed her hand.

“Calm down,” his eyes told her. “Don’t play into her hands. That’s what she wants.” Anna puffed up her cheeks and frowned.

“May I ask about what?” Tatsumi asked, pushing up his glasses.

“Ah, yes,” Haruka said. She took a drink of her green tea. “You see, we are dying. As you know, the Mother’s been back for quite some time now.” She lowered her cup. “I believe she means to kill us off.”

“Okay,” Tatsumi said.

“What is your point?” Tsuzuki asked. Haruka put out her hand.

“Before we begin,” she said. “We should have that tea.” Haruka rose to her feet. “Excuse me.” She bowed her head and walked into the kitchen. Anna gritted her teeth.

“I don’t trust her,” she said. All eyes fell on her.

“I don’t!” she shouted. “She’s up to something. I just know it!” Tsuzuki rubbed on her hand.

“Yes,” he whispered. “You have to keep it together, okay?” Anna snorted.

“Please?” her husband asked.

“Leave her be,” Tatsumi said. The older shinigami sighed.

“Is something wrong?” someone asked. Everyone looked up and saw Haruka in the doorway.

“No,” Anna said. Her grandmother cleared her and throat.

“Anyway,” she said. “Tea’s ready.” Her granddaughter glared as Haruka passed around the tray. What are you up to?

“What’s the matter, Anna?” the old lady asked. “Why so angry?”

“Why did you invite us here?” Anna asked.

“I just want to talk.”

“You’re full of crap, you know that?”

“Now why would you say that?”

“You murdered Papa!”

“Anna, please,” Tsuzuki whispered. His wife clenched her fists. Haruka smiled, shaking her head.

“My, my,” she said, setting a cup of tea down in front of her granddaughter. “Not very trusting, are you?”

“Can you blame me?” Anna asked under her breath. She stared down at her tea. It looked normal enough, but she sneered. Anna picked up the cup and sniffed it. No scent that would send off red flags, other guests. No one looked alarmed as they before drinking. She winced when the green liquid hit her tongue.

“Gah!” she whimpered. “Why is this tea so bitter?”

“What do you mean?” Tsuzuki asked. “It tastes fine to me.” Anna frowned in discomfort. Haruka took another sip of her tea.

“What is the point of this party?” Tsuzuki asked.

“Oh,” Haruka said, setting own her cup. “Why did I invite you to my home?”

“Yes.”

“Hm… How do I put this?”

“Spit out already!” Anna snapped.

“Patience,” Haruka said. As she began to talk, her granddaughter began to feel her head beginning to ache.

What is this? Why do I feel so dizzy? Ow. Is this her doing? Her vision became blurry as she slumped back against the couch.

So good to isolate you like this.

Anna jerked her head upwards. Haruka glared at her through her pain.

You! This is your doing, isn’t it? What the hell did you do to me?!

Nothing special, really. I slipped a little extra in the tea.

You what? Anna turned her head. Tsuzuki and the shinigami listened to Haruka talk. Why aren’t they in pain like me?

My flavoring only affects kitsune and tsukai.

Why are you doing this?

Haruka smiled. I just want to see something for myself.

Anna winced at the pain growing in her head. What?!

One question before we begin.

Get out of my head!

Come on, humor me here.

Do I have to?

Yes.

Anna gritted her teeth, cursing herself. Fine, what is it?

Thank you. Haruka leaned in with a cat-like smile. Do you want to kill me?

Yes!

The old lady chuckled.Very well. She waved her hand back to reality. Anna’s headache grew worse.

“Oh,” Haruka said when she “noticed” her granddaughter’s suffering. “You don’t look so well. I have aspirin in my bathroom down the hall.” Anna looked up and saw all eyes on her. She had the feeling this was a set-up, but what else could she do? She just wanted the pain to stop.

“Thanks,” Anna grumbled. She rose to her feet and headed down the hall.

“What’s wrong with her?” Hisoka whispered.

“Maybe I should go check on her,” Tsuzuki said.

“Let her be,” Haruka said as he was getting up. Tsuzuki turned his head, puzzled.

“But—” he said.

“She’ll be fine,” the old lady insisted. “Give her a couple minutes. She’ll be back soon.” After about ten seconds, Tsuzuki sat back down as he looked down the hall face drained of color. Haruka licked her lips.

“Very good,” she purred.

--------

An hour and half went by and Anna didn’t return. Tsuzuki bit his lower lip.

“I’m going to go check on her,” he said. “I have to!”

“I’ll go,” Haruka said. She got up and disappeared own the hall before the shinigami could speak. Hisoka held his partner’s hand as he sat down.

Thirty minutes went by and nothing happened. Tsuzuki clutched his cup as he looked down the hall.

“I don’t like this,” he said. “I don’t like this at all.”

“Do you think Haruka did something to her?” Hisoka asked. Tsuzuki bit his lower lip. Anna…

A choked up scream filled the air. The shinigami jerked their heads towards the hall.

“Anna!” Tsuzuki shouted. He got up and raced to the hallway. To his horror, his wife staggered down the hall. She wore a kitsune mask holding a knife while covered in blood. She didn’t speak as the color drained from Tsuzuki’s face.

“No,” he said, trembling. “No. No! No! No! No!” The knife fell to the tatami mats as Tsuzuki dropped to his knees, screaming.

Owari
Sign up to rate and review this story