Categories > Original > Fantasy

Star Sisters

by swirleePJ 0 reviews

Asteria, an aspiring magician. Adalia, a princess to the kingdom of Dennington. When both girls come together, they wind up in a whirlwind of adventures, yet, in the end, don't know of their parent...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-09-13 - 3358 words

0Unrated

Hello! And welcome to another original story of mine! I'm making this story with all of my heart, so I hope you guys like it. It'll be a fantasy based story, much similar to my writing with my Kingdom Hearts story or Final Fantasy story. I really hope you guys enjoy it, and I've drawn out the characters so go take a look at that on my DeviantART account named SwirleePJ



- Past Time -

A young girl with pitch black hair, soft creamy skin and the palest of green eyes looked over towards a kingdom that she once called home. With saddening eyes, she sighed and rubbed her inflated stomach that carried her soon to be daughter. “Maybe one day we’ll return here, until then… may our forbidden love keep us going,” she whispered.

“Lady Elena, we should make haste,” the driver to the car she was taking said. She turned around and carefully made her way into the car, while he closed the door and started heading to the driver’s seat. Once he started driving, Elena took one last look at her home before turning around.

- Current Time –

“Mooom!” a young woman with pitch black hair shouted as she entered the room. Her pale green eyes scanned the room she was in, until she started heading towards the kitchen. An enriching waft came from it, and the woman’s light peach colour on her face blushed as she thought about the amazing food being made.

“Ria, why are you yelling?” the woman’s mother asked. Ria smiled as she entered the kitchen and saw her mother cooking up her favourite soup—cheddar soup with creamy potatoes.

“Oooh, my favourite!” she exclaimed happily. She bounced her way towards the stove and her mother, a serene looking woman who was wise beyond her years smiled and chuckled as her eager daughter tried the soup. She brushed her black hair behind her ears and placed her pale hands on top of her daughter’s.

“It’s still not done. I have to make it extra special since you’re turning 18 today!” she said. Ria was so happy—she was turning 18 and her mother granted her permission to enter the school of magic arts in the kingdom of Dennington. Back then, Ria’s mother was famous for being a renowned magician and actually helped to create the school she was going to attend. She felt so proud to be going to a school her mother created, and because of the special event, her mother had been teaching her all about the magic that she knew in her time. She hugged her mother’s arm and hummed.

“I’m gonna miss you sooooo much, but I’m so excited to be going to Fortuna Academy,” she said. Her mother just chuckled, but she was obviously worried for her daughter.

“Do you have all of your essentials packed? Make sure you have enough money with you until you get a job there. I’ll help as much as I can, but I can’t coddle you or else you won’t grow up to be an independent woman,” she replied, creating a stern look with her pale green eyes on her face as she looked down at her daughter with her hands on her hips.

“Oh mom, I won’t be needing much help. I’ll be as famous as you were in no time!” Ria replied. The two woman sat down that day and shared a most delicious meal between them as they talked about the school and all about Dennington. After they were done, the two sat down on their couch and watched a couple of their favorite shows before the big day.

The next day, Ria checked over her stuff before leaving her room. She had everything packed, especially the magician’s outfit her mother wore when she was about her own age. It was a magnificent outfit. The collar was pale blue with pale yellow strings attached to it. At the center of the collar was the star locket that Ria’s mother gave her when she was younger. The dress was white and reached down to her thighs, and the coat on top of it was blue. The shoes were blue with ribbons attached to it and at the tip of the shoes were small stars. She was going to put this one once she reached the port city of Dennington. Her mother waited for her outside with a car behind her, and when Ria left the house she was so excited to start her own path in life. She really wanted to be a famous magician like her mother, and this was the first step to that path.

“Asteria Walter, my beautiful daughter, I really hope all goes well with you,” her mother said. She was going to take the car with her towards the port, then after arriving at Dennington’s port, it would be a day’s walk towards the Kingdom. In this day in age, they still had monsters lurking around, but Ria wasn’t afraid of any type of monsters—often practicing her skills on the monsters outside her village. Her mother smiled. “Pinella will always be your home, remember that.”

“Of course!” she replied. A 20 year old tall and somewhat built man came out of the car. He had auburn hair that flung to his sides and sea green eyes. He had a healthy tan and wore glasses as he smiled at the two. Ria gasped. “Devlin! You’re dropping me off to the port?”

“Yes, mam!” Devlin was Ria’s closest and only friend while living in Pinella. She assured herself that she didn’t need anyone else but Devlin in her life, and the two were always inseparable because of it. Devlin couldn’t deny that he was going to miss his best friend, but he was also sad that he couldn’t come along, knowing full well that Dennington offered a lot of jobs for aspiring engineers like himself.

“Come with me! I’ll miss you so much if you don’t!” Ria begged. Devlin chuckled and told her that he had to stay and help out since there weren’t many youths in the old village. Ria puffed her cheeks and hugged Devlin. He returned the hug and then looked at both Ria and her mother.

“Whenever you’re ready, I’ll drop you off,” he said. She smiled and looked back at her mom. Ria’s mother smiled warmly at her only daughter, and pointed at the star locket that she took from the outfit she was going to wear.

“That locket holds a special power, one day, when you’re good and ready, I’ll tell you more about it. But for now, try to find out its powers on your own,” she winked. Ria puffed her cheeks again, knowing this was the same thing her mother kept saying when it came to the locket. She said her final farewells and then headed towards the passenger seat of the car. Devlin drove the car out of the village, and everyone watched as they left. Normally, cars were an odd sight in the village, since they had no use for them, but Devlin was able to rent one out from the main city Port Pinella. The village that they lived in was called Moonbright. There was a special route that were made for cars and prevented monsters from attacking.

“Dev, I’ll write to you every day and let you know how the Kingdom looks,” Ria said as she looked towards the road. “I’ll tell you if they have really amazing jobs for engineers.”

“I know they do, silly,” Devlin said as he kept chuckling. He knew Ria wanted him to go with him badly, but his little village would make him feel bad since they were losing a lot of youth to the main city. There were a lot of youths back in his day, and he still remembered the day he met Ria.

He was about 7 while she was 5, and she didn’t really talk to anyone at their school. Devlin had lost his glasses and tried searching the place for them, since his vision was pretty horrid. The young girl noticed him searching around, and when she spotted his glasses she went to pick them up. She shyly walked up to him and tapped his shoulders.

“Are you looking for these?” she asked. Devlin turned around and came face to face with the girl. He looked down at her tiny hands and noticed his glasses. He happily picked them up and put them back on his face. Once his vision adjusted, he looked at Ria, and had a smile plastered on his face.

“Thanks a lot! I can’t see anything without my glasses!” he said. Ria smiled as she placed her hands behind her back. Dev looked down at her and never noticed a girl like her in the school, had she been hiding from the rest of the kids? Devlin felt a bit bad for her, and decided to hang out with her. “Say, you wanna go back inside? I made this really cool robot!”


It was an odd first meeting, but she agreed and the two of them just stuck together. One would always be creating new technology while the other practiced hard on her magic. It was hard for Dev to imagine the Ria back then as the Ria now, since she changed dramatically. She was no longer a shy, meek girl. She was strong, brave and had a stubborn streak to her. It contrasted well with Dev’s mature personality, since he was the more level headed, considerate of the two.

They drove up to the port of Pinella, and Devlin parked the car in the visitor’s parking space. Once it was off, they both got out and looked at the ships lined up. He went to the trunk to get all of Ria’s contents, and they both walked up to the main desk.

“Hello, we’re here to check in for a pass for Asteria Walter,” Devlin asked. The man attending the desk looked at the computer screen and searched for her name. Once he did, he printed off the copy of the pass and handed it towards Ria, who gladly accepted and gave her thanks to the man. They looked at the pass and noticed the ship was going to board in about 5 minutes, but Devlin suggested she go now and get comfortable. She sighed, and grabbed her stuff from the man and looked up at him.

“I’m really gonna miss you…” she said. She gave him one of her bigger hugs, to which Dev happily returned. They stood there hugging for a while longer, and the man patted her head afterwards.

“Write to me whenever you can, I’ll always be here if you need anything.” She nodded at his request, and watched as the ship started honking. She sighed again, hugged Devlin one last time, and then started running off towards the ship. The man just smiled as he watched her wave while she ran. He was definitely going to miss her, having never been apart before, but he knew this was something she was waiting for. He just had to support her.

- Mean While -

A young woman with honey brown hair and pale blue eyes looked out towards the window from her seat. She placed her peach colored palm on her chin and sighed as she looked at the people roaming around, seemingly leading their everyday lives. She sat patiently in her A line mint green dress with a silver sequin belt around her waist, while the bottom of the dress was of a nice flowy lace material. She heard the door knock and ushered at whoever knocked to enter, and when a blonde woman with violet eyes and pale skin entered, the woman smiled.

“Carin, is it time for me to attend my father and mother’s meeting with them?” she asked.

“Yes, your highness! Queen Eris has requested to arrive on time,” Carin bowed. She walked up to the woman and gave her a studious look, trying to figure out what the young princess was thinking. “I have a feeling my lady Adalia wishes not to attend this meeting?”

“It’s—I know of what the meeting is about. My potential marriage to our surrounding neighbors, is it not?” she asked. Carin sighed and looked towards the floor as she slowly nodded. “I do not need any more suitors, as I feel perfectly content with their choice from years ago—with his highness Prince Thane.”

“Yes, he is a rather magnificent prince, and he is a very handsome man,” Carin agreed. She shook her head once she was getting distracted and looked back at Adalia. “However, you must attend this meeting, perhaps there is a man greater than Thane?”

Carin took her princess’ hand and started walking out of her room. The two of them then began to walk down the corridor, with Adalia giving her greetings to the passing workers and nobles visiting the castle. They reached a grand door that lead to the royal meeting room, and Adalia watched as a man looked her way.

“Princess Adalia, the King and his wife are waiting for you,” he said. Adalia looked at him and knew him as Gareth Howard, one of the youngest knights to reach the highest ranks of the royal military. He was going to be assigned as Adalia’s personal bodyguard, but the papers for it have yet to be finalized. She felt she didn’t really need a personal bodyguard, as she was well versed in the arts of sword fighting—something she learned from the King himself. It was a memory she cherished fondly, as it was a time where the King was not so excruciating busy. He had gifted her a sword for her 18th birthday, and to this day still practices with it.

Her 20th birthday had recently passed, but it was a rather dull and lonely birthday, with only Carin present, who was her most loyal friend in the castle. She was assigned her lady-in-waiting, since Queen Eris refused to have any lady-in-waitings—which meant she had to do all of her duties and plan them by herself. This was something that Adalia loved about her mother, as she was so independent and did most of her Queen duties by herself, refusing help or be seen as some weak Queen. The princess just sighed, looked at Gareth as she nodded, and elegantly glided inside of the meeting room.

“Ah, there she is!” a ruff voice came from across the room. Adalia watched as an old, rough looking man smiled at her, and she stopped as she bowed and looked at them.

“Thank you for having me at this meeting, I am princess Adalia Lena Godfrey from the kingdom of Dennington. Sole daughter to King Louis III Godfrey and Queen Eris Fenway,” she greeted. It was such a long greeting but she had grown used to it. The man smiled and tugged at a young boy’s arm for him to get up. Once he did, Adalia took in his appearance, he was a blonde male with a lot of freckles on his face. He seemed way too timid and meek to be a prince and he was rather short, something Adalia had a problem with.

“This is my son, Prince Richard Francis Quartz,” the man said. He introduced himself as King Francis, the ruler of the kingdom of Vander. Adalia smiled and sat in between her father and mother. She looked over to Louis, who looked back and gave a warm smile of his own. They both shared the same hair color and skin tone—honey brown and peach cream, but his eyes were a warm light brown. He was well aged, having only a few wrinkles on his face, but she figured it was of how active his life was—he would divulge himself in sports to keep him heathy. From what she knew, King Louis III was quite the sportsman. She looked over to her mother, who didn’t look down to greet her daughter. She was engrossed at the proposition that King Francis was offering, and Adalia sighed. Her mother was a very cold woman. The only thing they shared were their pale ice blue eyes. Eris herself had pale blonde hair and a rose complexion, and her eyes were always so narrowed that it looked like she was squinting all the time. She always had a scowl on her face, and Adalia could never tell why.

“This seems like a very good deal,” Eris stated. She looked towards Louis, who seemed lost in thought.

“I would rather my daughter have someone a bit more… aggressive, seeing as she is well versed in sword fighting and horseback riding. Your son has neither of those skills, something a prince should have,” Louis rebutted. Adalia looked at her father, he seemed to always have her best interests. He really liked Prince Thane, while Eris opted to keep their options opened. She knew Adalia had already chosen Thane, but Eris ignored her thoughts and continued searching.

“I see, well, thank you for your time,” King Francis said. “Hopefully you change your mind about this.”

With that, the meeting was over, and everyone in it had said their farewells. Once everyone from the other party had left, Eris tapped her foot and glared towards Louis. “That was another potential we let slide away for her.”

“That’s fine with me. No prince should not have skills a princess is very well trained in,” he told her. Eris retorted it would have been fine if Adalia had not learned those skills, but Louis objected yet again. “I have already decided on Prince Thane, anyways. Adalia seems pretty pleased with that choice as well, right, sweetheart?”

“Oh, father! I would be very pleased!” Adalia replied. Eris just scoffed, and told them that Thane did not have as nearly as much money as the other potential males did, but the other two couldn’t agree with her. “I want to marry for love, mother.”

“Humph,” was all she could say before she stormed off. Louis just chuckled, and looked towards Adalia.

“Don’t mind her, I’m sure she is just wanting the best for you,” he said. Adalia looked at him and asked if he married her mother for love, or for other reasons. Louis seemed a bit perplexed, but Adalia already knew about the deal between her father and mother—still, she wanted to hear it from her own father again. “I do care for your mother… but since she is the widow of your late uncle, regulations state that she marry the next in line, and that was me.”

“If mother had not been widowed, would you have married someone else for the same reasons? Or for love?” she asked. Louis gave her a reminiscent smile.

“I would have married for love, my dear. At one point, that seemed possible, but the woman I truly loved has since been dead,” her father said in a very remorseful tone. Adalia always knew that her father never once loved her mother—it was just a regulatory since Louis was a bit too late to marry anyone else, and his parents refused to listen to him when he mentioned about marrying someone else. It was already set in stone. However, his love for his daughter for than made up for that—he would spoil and treasure her every day, teach her all of the essentials that she needed to know on his own and even gave up time from his busy schedule to spend time with her. She was his pride, and she loved her father with every ounce she had.

Still, it would have been curious to know who the woman Louis wanted to wed was.
Sign up to rate and review this story