Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Mustang & Hawkeye

Life's Not Fair

by LoveEdElric

...

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Riza Hawkeye, Schiezka, Other - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2006-08-16 - Updated: 2006-08-17 - 2523 words

?Blocked
Chapter Four "Life's Not Fair"

Rated: R

Warning: Heated Moments, Cursing, Violence, and maybe a couple Lemons.

Disclaimer: I own nothing. The people who work and make Fullmetal Alchemist own it.

Two weeks had past and the snow had melted away, and the sun had come out to reheat the earth. The last of the autumn leaves were falling to the ground and it was getting closer to Halloween. And the rumors about a Warehouse 13 had started up again, causing Roy to get pissy. He had proven not but maybe a year or two ago, there was no Lab/Warehouse 13. And there were still rumor's of it's existence. Damn persistent people.
He looked down at the official looking document and read through it. It concerned state issues and finances. He finished reading through it and scrawled out his signature on the bottom, and stamped the Military seal on it, putting it in a tray before moving on to the next bit of paperwork. He began reading and without knowing it, began to tap his pencil idly. He was bored to say the least and he frankly didn't care who he bugged.

Riza looked up from her typing and glared icily at him. "Sir, could you please stop tapping your pen, it's disturbing the others from working." She said in a cool tone. He narrowed his eyes at her. "Like your typing and clicking isn't. Miss I'm too lazy to use a damn pen to copy shit down." Roy said, scrawling his name on another document. "Real witty Mustang." Riza said, giving him a cold glare.

"One point for the Fuhrer, zero for his 1st Lieutenant." Havoc said, beginning to keep score as the fight escalated. "What, no snappy comeback Lieutenant?" Roy said, raising an eyebrow. "You're not worth it." Riza said, rolling her eyes. "You're just jealous because I have a bunch of women at my feet now." Roy said haughtily. "What was there to be jealous about, again sir? NOTHING." Riza said, finishing typing up her papers and putting them in a neat stack. "And Riza pulls into the lead!" Havoc said, now taking bets on who was going to sleep on the couch.

"You...there's plenty to be jealous about!" Roy said, his eyes going hard. "Lets see, you snore. You never wake up unless I push you off the bed, or fire off my gun. You eat like a pig, and you're perverted. I guess maybe I should be jealous." Riza said sarcastically. Everyone made an "OOOOOHHHHH!" noise and stood in one corner, shoving money at Havoc and looking at the score. "You're not so perfect yourself, Lieutenant!" Roy said, propping his legs up and crossing his arms, looking calm, even though her words had hit home.

"Oh please, do tell the world my faults." Riza said, getting up and collecting finished paperwork. "You...well you...I...fuck it..." Roy said, getting frustrated. "That's what I thought. Egotistical bastard." Riza said, grabbing his finished paperwork and putting it all out in the hall in a tray for the proper people to come by and take them. She had barely made it back to her seat and sat down when Ross and Bloch came running in, breathless.

"Sir..." They said panting and saluting Roy, who stood up. "What is it, you two?" he said, putting his hands in his pockets. "In the front lot, several officers are screaming about seeing a ghost floating around Warehouse 12." Ross panted, and Bloch continued, " They are demanding to see you, sir." He said, his head between his legs. Roy sweat dropped and went to the door opening it and everyone following him.

"I'M TELLING YOU! I SAW IT!" Gibbs yelled, pointing towards the warehouses. "And I'm telling you to contain yourself in front of half the military Gibbs!" Roy barked back. "Sir, what we saw was real! We saw that ghost skirting around warehouse 12, then Warehouse thirteen flashed!" Freeman answered, looking serious. "There is no such thing as Warehouse 13!" Falman, Breda, Havoc, and Fuery said quickly.
"Exactly. Warehouse B is what you think is Warehouse 13 you load of idiots." Roy said, sighing and looking over at the Warehouses. "I led an investigation on it a long time ago. There are no ghosts, and there is only Warehouse B. Somebody is obviously playing a trick on you all." He continued, looking back at the officers. "But!" Gibbs began, and Roy cut him off sharply. "If you want to be court marshaled, please continue Gibbs, if not, SHUT THE HOLE IN YOUR MOUTH!" Roy bellowed. Everyone shrank back, looking scared.

"Now. Any further rumors about Warehouse 13 are to be stopped! There is no such thing, and if I hear anymore of them, I'm calling a meeting in which the entire Military has to come. And I don't think anybody wants that." Roy snapped, looking irritated as he turned and everyone stood at attention saluting as he walked back in the building.

"I think he needs a break..." Falman said, scratching the back of his neck. "He's under too much stress..." Riza murmured, sighing and heading after him. "Heh, she acts like it's her fault." Ed said, shrugging. "Maybe she has feeling, stupid." Amaya said, bopping him on the head. "Damnit! She's like a freaking cat!" Ed said, glaring at Amaya. "Hey, I like cats!" Al, Eve, and Amaya yelled. "Shat-up." Ed grumbled, rubbing his bruised skull.

"Seems like everyone's fighting today." Eve said, poking her salad at lunch as her and Al sat alone. "Yeah...everyone's under a lot of stress now that big changes are coming on and well...you know what they say. Old habits die hard." Al said, looking at his soda. Eve giggled and looked him, their eyes meeting. 'Her eyes are so green and pretty. She's a Water Alchemist...yet she loves the color green.' He thought, looking deep into them. 'He has the most beautiful pair of eyes. A dark gold.' She thought, her mouth open slightly.
"You...you have beautiful eyes." He murmured, not breaking eye contact. "You...you do too." She said, not able to breath. It was getting hot all of the sudden, and cafeteria was air-conditioned. They obviously hadn't realized how close they had gotten until heir lips met, and their eyes fluttered closed. "Uh...sorry for the interruption?" Amaya's voice came to them, snapping the connection in two. They flew apart, blushing furiously. "Whoa little brother...didn't know you had it in ya." Ed said with a smirk.

"Shut up Edward..." Eve said, getting up and walking out of the cafeteria quickly. "Jesus, you two have great timing." Al said sarcastically, rushing after her. Ed and Amaya looked after them, and Amaya shook her head. "Them getting together makes me feel old Ed." She said, sitting down. Ed snickered, "You're going to turn into an old hag with nothing but cats to keep her company. Haha." He said laughing. Amaya sighed and hit him on the head. "Don't be such a freaking ass." She said, pinching his cheek. "Why should I? It's fun to torture you Maya he said, rubbing his cheek and drinking his juice. "Because you're too short and cute to be an ass." Amaya said.

Ed's eyebrow ticked and he glared at her, " WHO ARE YOU CALLING A HAL PINT SIZED MINI BITCH?" he yelled. "That's not what she said Edward..." Falman, Breda, Havoc, and Fuery said, coming up and sitting beside them. Amaya shook her head and ate her chocolate cake with gusto. "So when are we getting our money, Havoc?" Edward asked, eating his turkey sandwich. "When I make my next 40 paychecks." Havoc said, lighting up another cigarette. "You're going to die with one of those in your mouth." Amaya said, eyeing the cigarette with a glare.

"That's not my problem." The dark haired man said angrily. "Sir, we can't attack until the proper time presents itself. If we do before then, we'll be killed." The young soldier said quickly. "I don't care! I want Roy Mustang dead! He took the love of my life, and my job! He deserves to die!" the dark haired man yelled, punching the wall with his fist. The wall crumpled and the young soldier gulped. "The first opportunity you get, I want him killed, you got that?" the man said, holding his bleeding fist. "Yes...yes sir." The young soldier said, rushing off.
"Got any two's?" Havoc asked, moving his cigarette with his lips. "No, go fish." Edward said, looking over his cards. "This is boring..." Amaya said, sucking on a lollipop. "Your mom." Breda said, poking his belly fat. "Oh shut up, porno freaks." Eve spat, looking up at Riza, who was tapping her pin against her ankle. Riza looked up at a sleeping Roy, who was passed out on his finished paperwork, snoring.
"God...we just had to pick today of all days to finish our paperwork early." Falman said, pushing a marble around between his hands. "Yeah well...at least we got it done..." Riza said, poking at her ankle. Eve began singing the song that never ended and Al cuddled up next to her, playing with her long blonde hair. Amaya began singing about throwing teachers over waterfalls, and Ed and Havoc kept playing Goldfish, ignoring them.

It was a day away from Halloween now, and all the little kids were out running around buying costumes with their parents, and the Military was getting ready for it's annual Halloween bash. There was a loud knock on the door and Roy jumped up, rubbing his eyes and everyone straightened up quickly. "Come in!" Roy said, making himself look important.
A crying Armstrong came in, with Lieutenant Ross and Sergeant Bloch behind him. "Sir..." they all said, saluting him. "Yes, yes what is?" Roy said, waving away the sir. "It's...it's Gracia and Elicia Hughes, sir... they've been in a hit and run accident...the car driver ran off before we could get him...and little Elicia is fine...but here mother is pinned between the car and the building...and it's the only thing keeping her alive..." Armstrong managed to blubber out. "Lets go." Roy said, going completely white, and rushing out of the room.

"Mommy! I want my mommy!" Elicia yelled, struggling against a military officer as red lights flashed and shouts were going through the crowd as the Fuhrer and his officers came brushing through. Gracia lifted her head, a painful smile on her face as she saw Roy Mustang and Edward Elric flying towards her. "Gracia..." Roy said, looking at the state of her up against the wall, a car pinning her to it.
"I'm okay. We were on our way to see you, to congratulate you Mustang. And out of nowhere...this car comes flying and pins me here...Thank god I pushed my little Elicia out of the way. Be...before he ran off Roy...he told me why...he said it was a message to you, and your officers." Gracia said in a soft voice. You could tell the life was draining out of her slowly and painfully.

"What was it?" Roy asked urgently, looking pained and worried. Edward looked like he was going to kill someone as he laid hand on Gracia's cold one. "He said to tell you...that they were coming after you...that they would kill you... and he ran off. Roy...you be careful and take care of Riza and the others. I...I'm going to go be with Maes..." Gracia managed out. Roy winced and his hands were in fists. "I will..." he said. "Tell my baby girl I love her, and that me and daddy are proud of her...It's my time..." Gracia said, closing her eyes and breathing her last breath.

"Damnit!" Edward said, whirling around and punching the wall, tears streaking out of his eyes. Riza looked away, hurt and pain written all over her face as she held Elicia to her, the little girl crying. "MOMMY! Mommy come back! Don't leave mommy! Mommy! I don't like this! Mommy!" she cried, becoming hysterical. Riza made shushing noises and held her close, rocking her back and forth. "Elicia, shhh baby girl. Its' ok." She whispered, crying freely now, not caring if she was being calm or not.

They buried her the next day, right next to her husband. The entire Military was there, dressed like they had been at Maes' funeral. Amaya and Eve were holding onto a sobbing Elicia, who kept yelling that her mommy was not dead. Edward and Alphonse simply stared ahead, their fists clenched. Them and Roy wanted to find the man who did it and rip him limb for limb. That little girl didn't deserve to loose both her parents at such a young and tender age. She didn't deserve it at all.
Elicia stayed with Riza, and Roy began to shut himself up again, silently doing his work and not really speaking much. Everyone was still grieving by the time Halloween night rolled around, and the military ball had been canceled. Nobody had wanted to go anyway. Elicia tried to be happy, but she simply moped around, or slept in Riza's lap, and Riza would hold her if she began crying after having a bad dream.

"Its' not fair..." Eve said as this happened, looking at the crying little girl. "Nothings fair..." Edward said bitterly, glaring at his pocket watch. "We're doing everything we can to find out who these people that want to kill me are, and we still haven't come up with anything. Clever bastards..." Roy said from his desk, looking over files. "Miss Hawkeye...is it lunch time yet?" Elicia asked, blowing her nose and throwing the tissue away. "Almost sweetheart. Why don't you go play with Black Hayate over there to pass the time, okay?" Riza said with a smile, setting Elicia down.

"So far all we know is that they want you dead, and they'll kill anyone that gets in your way, or kill anyone that's close to you to hurt you. They're probably pissed that you became Fuhrer." Havoc said, writing some stuff down. "I don't know anyone who DIDN'T want you to become Fuhrer." Amaya said, looking at Roy. "They obviously want to keep everything on the down low." Breda said, looking over more files. "When I find them..." Edward said, making violent hand gestures. "Edward Elric." Amaya scolded him, giving him a glare.

"We have obviously touched a nerve on the Fuhrer's head. Now that that's done, I want you to send in one of your officers to work under him. That way, we can get inside information." The dark haired man said, his hands behind his back. "I have the perfect person, sir." The young man said, saluting. "Heh, I may not be in the Military, but I do have respect." The dark haired man said, walking over to the window and lifting up the blinds. He began to chuckle evilly. He would get Roy Mustang back. For Everything.
A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short! I'll update extra soon I promise.
Sign up to rate and review this story